Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“The Grim Reaper Is Fictional ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

But We Will All Meet Him

#107574 Dec 12, 2013
I am glad the idiots judge my posts. That shows I am getting to them. Judge away idiots. It just makes me laugh more!!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#107575 Dec 12, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>I just knew I spelled it wrong, lol!...but anyway the only one from the examples I had given that is questionable is Noah, but only because of the flood epic. Everyone else for sure existed and written records outside of the Bible are available today to prove it...even though a lot of them had been destroyed, altered in substance, or names had been changed to suit the culture, i.e. the name of Jesus being changed to a more Roman sounding name instead of leaving his name in the Aramaic form as Yehushua or Yeshua. Now, somebody like Jonah (surviving in the stomach of a whale for a few days) would be one of those people who may not have existed...or maybe he did but I'm pretty sure he didn't survive in a whale without suffocation, being crushed by the pressure of the ocean as the whale would dive deep, or without being digested.
What makes you think that Moses or Abraham were real?

You do know that most anthropologists will quickly point out that there is no record of the Jews in Egypt. And they are very sure that an estimated 2 million people lost on a relatively small, no make that amazingly small, desert for 40 freaking years would leave some sort of evidence behind. None has been found to date.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107576 Dec 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
I am glad the idiots judge my posts. That shows I am getting to them. Judge away idiots. It just makes me laugh more!!
Relax replaytime, if you haven't been judged you aren't doing it right.

Oh damn, I'm not doing it right.

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#107577 Dec 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax replaytime, if you haven't been judged you aren't doing it right.
Oh damn, I'm not doing it right.
Your father and grandfather were fcking idiots and worthless just like your momma unless you can show me scientific evidence that shows otherwise. I mean by your standards, unless science evidence can be presented to show different, then it is what it is.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107578 Dec 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Your father and grandfather were fcking idiots and worthless just like your momma unless you can show me scientific evidence that shows otherwise. I mean by your standards, unless science evidence can be presented to show different, then it is what it is.
Look at that, I try to help the idiot and he turns on me.

I guess my statement from long ago still stands.

What a Maroon!!

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#107579 Dec 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at that, I try to help the idiot and he turns on me.
I guess my statement from long ago still stands.
What a Maroon!!
Don't act like we are friends. We never were and never will be. You are an @$$, always have been and always will be.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107580 Dec 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't act like we are friends. We never were and never will be. You are an @$$, always have been and always will be.
We probably won't be. I offered an olive branch and you reacted like the moron that you are.

Sad little boy cannot even write the word "ass", how pathetic.

You know that I do not like dishonest people. That of course includes you, People can change. They can decide to become honest decent people. Sadly it does not look like you will ever change for the better.

I don't understand why you enjoy being a moron.

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#107581 Dec 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
We probably won't be. I offered an olive branch and you reacted like the moron that you are.
Sad little boy cannot even write the word "ass", how pathetic.
You know that I do not like dishonest people. That of course includes you, People can change. They can decide to become honest decent people. Sadly it does not look like you will ever change for the better.
I don't understand why you enjoy being a moron.
I would never be friends with a bigot, racist, swelled head idiot like you. Changing for the better is to not be around people like you so I will always get/be better by not being around people like yourself.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107582 Dec 13, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never be friends with a bigot, racist, swelled head idiot like you. Changing for the better is to not be around people like you so I will always get/be better by not being around people like yourself.
Guess what tard? I am none of those.

Now the fact that you are an idiot compared to most people here may make it feel like others have a swelled head. That is not the case.

And of course like any moron you are wrong. For you changing for the better would be to quit lying fora start. Being honest is the best thing you could do to improve yourself.

Of course it would make my life nicer if you decided not to be around people who were brighter, kinder, and more generous than you are.

So when are you going to leave?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107583 Dec 13, 2013
Well, good night moron.

Even though you have threatened to leave many times I doubt if you were telling the truth.

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#107584 Dec 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Well, good night moron.
Even though you have threatened to leave many times I doubt if you were telling the truth.
I have never said I was leaving. I said I was not going to waste so much time in here. Unlike you I get out and enjoy life and the beauty it has to offer while you set here daily adding to the hate and evil in the world. But hey to each his own, Everyone should do what makes them happy but I see it as sad that you being here everyday and spreading hate is what makes you happy.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#107586 Dec 13, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is not a history or science book.

That you really, REALLY would like the Bible to be scientifically and historically correct does not matter to reality. The Bible HAS been found to be factually incorrect.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is not all truths as well as it is not all lies.
I'll accept that. But that also means you AGREE that the Bible is not a history or science book.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Many people get by in life by the faith they have in the bible and God and it is vile people like you and others on this thread that try to take that away from them. If what keeps them going does not affect you then why do you try to trample on what they find strength in.
I do NOT "want to take that [their faith in the Bible and God] away from them".

I am only pointing out that there are some factual inaccuracies in the Bible -- a fact WHICH YOU AGREE WITH. If I am a "vile person" for understanding this concept, then I have you for company.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#107587 Dec 13, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I did a good deal of research into the reign of Antoninus Pius, once upon a time, for a piece I wound up not writing.
I may have to revisit that.
Antoninus was few years after my interest.

Beards were not so popular during the period I like (;-)

There is so much of the Roman period that it is hard to absorb it all. It (including the Eastern Empire) lasted over 2000 years and at itís height covered most of Europe, almost as much of the middle east and parts of north Africa

You can only look at so much.

The period I like happens (coincidentally) to include the time of the Jewish rebellion, the fourth philosophy terrorist group and their leader Judas of the Sicarii/Judas of Galilee and the roots of christianity.

Itís very interesting.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107588 Dec 13, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
See right there is what I am talking about. Many people hold the thought of God and the bible dear to them like a child holding Santa dear to them. If they want to believe that that is up to them, not up to you to try to destroy it.
Your thinking is flawed.
replaytime wrote:
you may think your father was a great man but many people that know/knew him may think he was a total idiot. Even if you would not believe it, would you feel better if they told you or just let you go on thinking he was great?
See, here's how it is - his pa has ZIP to do with science education in public schools. Science education has to do with science education in public schools. And the FACT is that religious fundamentalists who are too stupid to realise that The Flinstones ain't a science documentary are trying to get it taught in public schools. And they are ignoring scientific protocol and flagrantly violating the Constitution to do so. This is not a handful of atheists trying to destroy Christianity. This is a VAST amount of fundamentalist Christian conservatives trying to destroy education for everybody because they think Jesus will come back in their lifetime if they succeed. And this has been going on for DECADES.

On the other hand if you don't give a sh t about public school education and you just think it's mean that the mean old atheists here are being mean to the poor widdle defenseless good Christians who post here lying their azzes off, then just as it's not up to atheists to destroy their preciously held religious beliefs, it's also not up to them to destroy the opinions of atheists.

Ain't freedom of speech grand?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#107589 Dec 13, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
See right there is what I am talking about. Many people hold the thought of God and the bible dear to them like a child holding Santa dear to them. If they want to believe that that is up to them, not up to you to try to destroy it. you may think your father was a great man but many people that know/knew him may think he was a total idiot. Even if you would not believe it, would you feel better if they told you or just let you go on thinking he was great?
As an adult, I prefer to know the truth instead of a comfortable falsehood.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107590 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text>I was mistaken, Genesis in KJV states that God made the firmament and set it in the midst of the waters, and then called the firmament "heaven". And remember, the ancients looked at the sky altogether as being the heavens and pictured the celestial bodies as being a lot closer (probably "Tower of Babel" height, lol) than what we know today. Even so that many felt that the dwelling place of God was actually on TOP of the clouds!! So this firmament is said to be between some waters...maybe the firmament WAS the clouds that were being referred to by the ancients as they recorded their experiences with the language of their time...because there IS water beneath the "clouds" and also water above them which we can in fact find MEGATONS of frozen water high above the clouds on top of mountains and also water crystals that float freely as high as the ozone layer.
Maybe.

Or maybe they, like you, don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Megatons of ice cannot sustain itself in our atmosphere without being torn apart by gravitational forces. At which point megatons of mass fall to Earth, and the heat generated fries everything on Earth. This is why we're not here to talk about it. Except we are. So you have two options:

1 - The Genesis story is utter BS.

2 - It's real because God is magic and can do whatever the heck it likes. Which means scientific evidence doesn't matter to this position. Unfortunately that means no-one can tell the difference between this and utter BS because evidence is rendered useless.

For simplicity I'm gonna go with 1.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107591 Dec 13, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
What's the difference between Aura mytha and evolution?
One is a dumb ads liar and the other is a dumb ass fable.
Boom goes the irony meter.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107592 Dec 13, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never said I was leaving. I said I was not going to waste so much time in here. Unlike you I get out and enjoy life and the beauty it has to offer while you set here daily adding to the hate and evil in the world. But hey to each his own, Everyone should do what makes them happy but I see it as sad that you being here everyday and spreading hate is what makes you happy.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony meter go boom boom.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#107594 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text>The first 2 may be right, except that most creation accounts share similarities, but the 3rd one is all-the-way wrong!!!...and I can be objective, just not with what is obvious. And I also like to make sure that I have all of the facts before something is dismissed. And I'm gonna tell ya, visiting these forums every once in a while gives me a bit of insight at times from both sides of the argument.
Well, no. Most creation myths are as different as corned beef and Captain Crunch.
You take it as obvious that life is intelligently designed, which is not at all factually supported. It is just a belief.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

Is there something in that post that would indicate you do not lean heavily on church doctrine?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#107595 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text>If we were there, I'm sure we can say what is right or wrong about what was recorded. Me, since I wasn't around I can't say what did or didn't happen...but can only speculate according to what is given.
Oh, there old "Were you there???" argument. No, I wasn't there. But I am here now and able to study chemistry, physics, biology, archeology *and* history.

Do we land on the moon? You weren't there either.
So U don't believe that the beings Noah, Moses, Abraham, David, Solomon, Nebukanezzer (spellcheck), Herod, Pilate, Jesus, Caesar, Saul of Tarsus, or any other figure mentioned in the scriptures never ever existed in history?!?
WTF? Now did I say that? You're not a creationist but as soon as someone picks on Genesis, you get your knickers in a wad.

Noah - Maybe, but no ark.
Moses - Probably not
Abraham - Probably not
David - Yes
Solomon - Yes
Nebukanezzer - Yes
Herod - Yes
Pilate - Yes
Jesus - Probably
Caesar - Yes
Saul of Tarsus - Yes

So what's your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One word~~multiple meanings! (Oct '13) 19 min andet1987 725
nascar.... (Feb '14) 24 min Harrison Freebird 663
2words into 2new words (May '12) 27 min andet1987 1,325
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 32 min Trouser Cough 55,245
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 32 min andet1987 181
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 34 min Trouser Cough 30,288
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 45 min andet1987 2,928
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 1 hr wichita-rick 122
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 152,357
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 25,512