Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 1

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#107558 Dec 12, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Read it again. According to the myth, the celestial lights weren't created until after the plants, and even then their purpose was merely to mark time. According to Genesis, day and night have nothing to do with the revolution of the (flat) Earth or radiance from Sol. In any 3rd grade general science class, Genesis doesn't get any gold stars or smiley faces, it just gets a big fat red F.
There is a BIG difference in what God "made" and what God "let be"!! No one ever picks on this but I will...there WAS light before the plants but U specifically said celestial lights and U still missed something. Genesis states that God "made" the heavens and Earth...yea, and also "made" the firmament. When these things were "made" they already had a major role. When God had "let them be" He did just that!! Everything worked as they should with balance and He saw that these processes were pretty "good"!! When God said to let the celestial bodies provided light in the sky and a guide to seasons and a way to mark time, He DID just that...let it be and it was and the ancients DID use those lights as a calendar as we today use the stars, planets, and our moon to predict certain celestial or terrestrial events.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#107559 Dec 12, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>There is a BIG difference in what God "made" and what God "let be"!! No one ever picks on this but I will...there WAS light before the plants but U specifically said celestial lights and U still missed something. Genesis states that God "made" the heavens and Earth...yea, and also "made" the firmament. When these things were "made" they already had a major role. When God had "let them be" He did just that!! Everything worked as they should with balance and He saw that these processes were pretty "good"!! When God said to let the celestial bodies provided light in the sky and a guide to seasons and a way to mark time, He DID just that...let it be and it was and the ancients DID use those lights as a calendar as we today use the stars, planets, and our moon to predict certain celestial or terrestrial events.
I see. So what the bible says is accurate and science needs to conform to that. Congratulations, you're a creationist.

You might have just admitted that up front.

Level 1

Memphis, TN

#107560 Dec 12, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
DeAngelo, despite your obvious attempts to bend the words of the Bible to fit the observed facts, and the equally blatant bending of scientific facts to fit Bible verse, we're quite certain that the Universe was not made in 6 days.
In the words of Galileo: "The Bible tells us how to go to heaven, not how the heavens go."
U got me wrong!...I really don't believe that the Universe was created in 6 days!! Science has come a long way to show that it took a lot more time than that. And nothing is being twisted! I am asking questions and proposing "what could be" and if I misspeak or misquote, I could stand as a man and admit a mistake! But U haven't posted where U thought I was wrong, and if it is just one or two things then I know that U have no argument to my overall position as U could tell where I stand according to my few last posts!!! U know what, I think I remember U!!!...I might be mistaken but that moniker sounds a bit familiar!!!...hmmm!!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#107561 Dec 12, 2013
<quoted text>There is a BIG difference in what God "made" and what God "let be"!! No one ever picks on this but I will...there WAS light before the plants but U specifically said celestial lights and U still missed something. Genesis states that God "made" the heavens and Earth...yea, and also "made" the firmament. When these things were "made" they already had a major role. When God had "let them be" He did just that!! Everything worked as they should with balance and He saw that these processes were pretty "good"!! When God said to let the celestial bodies provided light in the sky and a guide to seasons and a way to mark time, He DID just that...let it be and it was and the ancients DID use those lights as a calendar as we today use the stars, planets, and our moon to predict certain celestial or terrestrial events.
Three glaring errors. 1) Your scenario does not jibe with the stated chronology of Genesis without a vat full of modern interpretation. 2) there is nothing zero zilch nada whatsoever evidence in reality that supports the written biblical claim of God(magic) outside of the written biblical claim of God(magic). By your lax criteria for validity, you can as easily and accurately claim that every other creation myth is equally plausible and 3) you are clearly too emotionally invested in the artifice of church doctrines to be objective.

Level 1

Memphis, TN

#107562 Dec 12, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So what the bible says is accurate and science needs to conform to that. Congratulations, you're a creationist.
You might have just admitted that up front.
Being honest with U brow', I'm straddling the line between science and creation and is looking for some truth. But over the years as I've delve rigorously into the 2 I began to see a balance in what was being explained by both. It may not be healthy to explore these issues because one could go MAD trying to figure out what is true But I'm not so arrogant as to stop looking completely, turn to my neighbors, and proclaim that I've discovered the entire truth. And another thing, I didn't claim that science should conform to what the Bible states...I believe that science explains in GREAT DETAIL the things that the most sophisticated ancients of past times were already aware of but were recorded using the language and interpretations of that time.

Level 1

Memphis, TN

#107563 Dec 12, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Three glaring errors. 1) Your scenario does not jibe with the stated chronology of Genesis without a vat full of modern interpretation. 2) there is nothing zero zilch nada whatsoever evidence in reality that supports the written biblical claim of God(magic) outside of the written biblical claim of God(magic). By your lax criteria for validity, you can as easily and accurately claim that every other creation myth is equally plausible and 3) you are clearly too emotionally invested in the artifice of church doctrines to be objective.
The first 2 may be right, except that most creation accounts share similarities, but the 3rd one is all-the-way wrong!!!...and I can be objective, just not with what is obvious. And I also like to make sure that I have all of the facts before something is dismissed. And I'm gonna tell ya, visiting these forums every once in a while gives me a bit of insight at times from both sides of the argument.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#107564 Dec 12, 2013
<quoted text>Being honest with U brow', I'm straddling the line between science and creation and is looking for some truth. But over the years as I've delve rigorously into the 2 I began to see a balance in what was being explained by both. It may not be healthy to explore these issues because one could go MAD trying to figure out what is true But I'm not so arrogant as to stop looking completely, turn to my neighbors, and proclaim that I've discovered the entire truth.
I wish you the best of luck on your search.
And another thing, I didn't claim that science should conform to what the Bible states...
You discourse on Genesis seemed to indicate otherwise.
I believe that science explains in GREAT DETAIL the things that the most sophisticated ancients of past times were already aware of but were recorded using the language and interpretations of that time.
You give too much credit to them. Going back to the discussion of Genesis, there are some things in there that are vaguely correct - and I mean vaguely!- but others that are blatantly wrong.

Level 1

Memphis, TN

#107565 Dec 12, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you the best of luck on your search.
<quoted text>
You discourse on Genesis seemed to indicate otherwise.
<quoted text>
You give too much credit to them. Going back to the discussion of Genesis, there are some things in there that are vaguely correct - and I mean vaguely!- but others that are blatantly wrong.
If we were there, I'm sure we can say what is right or wrong about what was recorded. Me, since I wasn't around I can't say what did or didn't happen...but can only speculate according to what is given. So U don't believe that the beings Noah, Moses, Abraham, David, Solomon, Nebukanezzer (spellcheck), Herod, Pilate, Jesus, Caesar, Saul of Tarsus, or any other figure mentioned in the scriptures never ever existed in history?!?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#107566 Dec 12, 2013
<quoted text>If we were there, I'm sure we can say what is right or wrong about what was recorded. Me, since I wasn't around I can't say what did or didn't happen...but can only speculate according to what is given. So U don't believe that the beings Noah, Moses, Abraham, David, Solomon, Nebukanezzer (spellcheck), Herod, Pilate, Jesus, Caesar, Saul of Tarsus, or any other figure mentioned in the scriptures never ever existed in history?!?
Some of them definitely existed. Some of them definitely did not exist. It is not an all or nothing game.

And just FYI it was Nebuchadnezzar. We are fairly sure that he was real. He is also the center of the one of the worst failures of prophesy in the Bible. Tyre is still alive and healthy today.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#107567 Dec 12, 2013
What's the difference between Aura mytha and evolution?

One is a dumb ads liar and the other is a dumb ass fable.

“Nothing can stop, This Pony..”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#107568 Dec 12, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
What's the difference between Aura mytha and evolution?
One is a dumb ads liar and the other is a dumb ass fable.
Rawr hiss hiss , you little teeny weenie minded troll.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#107569 Dec 12, 2013
<quoted text>U got me wrong!...I really don't believe that the Universe was created in 6 days!! Science has come a long way to show that it took a lot more time than that. And nothing is being twisted! I am asking questions and proposing "what could be" and if I misspeak or misquote, I could stand as a man and admit a mistake! But U haven't posted where U thought I was wrong, and if it is just one or two things then I know that U have no argument to my overall position as U could tell where I stand according to my few last posts!!! U know what, I think I remember U!!!...I might be mistaken but that moniker sounds a bit familiar!!!...hmmm!!
The Bible is not a history or science book.

That you really, REALLY would like the Bible to be scientifically and historically correct does not matter to reality. The Bible HAS been found to be factually incorrect.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#107570 Dec 12, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is not a history or science book.
That you really, REALLY would like the Bible to be scientifically and historically correct does not matter to reality. The Bible HAS been found to be factually incorrect.
The bible is not all truths as well as it is not all lies. Many people get by in life by the faith they have in the bible and God and it is vile people like you and others on this thread that try to take that away from them. If what keeps them going does not affect you then why do you try to trample on what they find strength in.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#107571 Dec 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is not all truths as well as it is not all lies. Many people get by in life by the faith they have in the bible and God and it is vile people like you and others on this thread that try to take that away from them. If what keeps them going does not affect you then why do you try to trample on what they find strength in.
the god of that bible is a proven lie...done. over with.. debate closed. you worship a false idol

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#107572 Dec 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the god of that bible is a proven lie...done. over with.. debate closed. you worship a false idol
See right there is what I am talking about. Many people hold the thought of God and the bible dear to them like a child holding Santa dear to them. If they want to believe that that is up to them, not up to you to try to destroy it. you may think your father was a great man but many people that know/knew him may think he was a total idiot. Even if you would not believe it, would you feel better if they told you or just let you go on thinking he was great?

Level 1

Memphis, TN

#107573 Dec 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of them definitely existed. Some of them definitely did not exist. It is not an all or nothing game.
And just FYI it was Nebuchadnezzar. We are fairly sure that he was real. He is also the center of the one of the worst failures of prophesy in the Bible. Tyre is still alive and healthy today.
I just knew I spelled it wrong, lol!...but anyway the only one from the examples I had given that is questionable is Noah, but only because of the flood epic. Everyone else for sure existed and written records outside of the Bible are available today to prove it...even though a lot of them had been destroyed, altered in substance, or names had been changed to suit the culture, i.e. the name of Jesus being changed to a more Roman sounding name instead of leaving his name in the Aramaic form as Yehushua or Yeshua. Now, somebody like Jonah (surviving in the stomach of a whale for a few days) would be one of those people who may not have existed...or maybe he did but I'm pretty sure he didn't survive in a whale without suffocation, being crushed by the pressure of the ocean as the whale would dive deep, or without being digested.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#107574 Dec 12, 2013
I am glad the idiots judge my posts. That shows I am getting to them. Judge away idiots. It just makes me laugh more!!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107575 Dec 12, 2013
<quoted text>I just knew I spelled it wrong, lol!...but anyway the only one from the examples I had given that is questionable is Noah, but only because of the flood epic. Everyone else for sure existed and written records outside of the Bible are available today to prove it...even though a lot of them had been destroyed, altered in substance, or names had been changed to suit the culture, i.e. the name of Jesus being changed to a more Roman sounding name instead of leaving his name in the Aramaic form as Yehushua or Yeshua. Now, somebody like Jonah (surviving in the stomach of a whale for a few days) would be one of those people who may not have existed...or maybe he did but I'm pretty sure he didn't survive in a whale without suffocation, being crushed by the pressure of the ocean as the whale would dive deep, or without being digested.
What makes you think that Moses or Abraham were real?

You do know that most anthropologists will quickly point out that there is no record of the Jews in Egypt. And they are very sure that an estimated 2 million people lost on a relatively small, no make that amazingly small, desert for 40 freaking years would leave some sort of evidence behind. None has been found to date.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107576 Dec 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
I am glad the idiots judge my posts. That shows I am getting to them. Judge away idiots. It just makes me laugh more!!
Relax replaytime, if you haven't been judged you aren't doing it right.

Oh damn, I'm not doing it right.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#107577 Dec 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax replaytime, if you haven't been judged you aren't doing it right.
Oh damn, I'm not doing it right.
Your father and grandfather were fcking idiots and worthless just like your momma unless you can show me scientific evidence that shows otherwise. I mean by your standards, unless science evidence can be presented to show different, then it is what it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 min Crazy Beautiful 139,153
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 3 min Doug77 4,719
Life is incomplete without ..... (what?) (Feb '14) 18 min Humhainna 702
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 19 min Doug77 30,865
Write cities alfabetically (tell the country/st... (Sep '11) 19 min wichita-rick 2,289
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 41 min Doug77 3,664
Some day, I would love to_______________? (Sep '12) 46 min NinaRocks 372
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Harrison Freebird 39,183
Five Weird Signs You're Smarter Than Average 2 hr andet1987 8
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr End Times 157,652
How did John Travolta get so creepy? Yet anothe... 3 hr KKKafeteria Chris... 33
KFC unveils edible coffee cup 4 hr Eat More Fish 4
More from around the web