Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
101,801 - 101,820 of 115,249 Comments Last updated 39 min ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#107461 Dec 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I don't think they did. More than one juror feels that Zimmerman got away with an unjustifiable homicide. The jury was bound to accept his testimony as veritable truth and were placed in an untenable position. It's like the old question: "Yes or no - have you stopped beating your wife?" I am not legally bound to be naive. That is your choice.
So what? She was a weak sister that would go along with whatever the majority seemed to want. Notice that she did not change her mind until there was massive public pressure by some against the jurors.

They did not have to accept his statement, he never testified, as the truth. Why would you make such a foolish claim? They looked at the evidence as a whole and found it supported Zimmerman's side.

And your very weak analogy has no place in this argument.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107462 Dec 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes two to tango. At what point between the store and home did TM run down GZ and yank him from his vehicle?
What? Please try to make sense. Zimmerman explained what he was doing outside of his vehicle. If you can't follow the case you should not be debating it.

Once again, Zimmerman had clearly quit following Martin. He was out of his vehicle getting a street address for the police. Martin had more than enough time to go to his house after Zimmerman broke off trying to follow him.

After the trial only one person came forward and said that Zimmerman had gotten away with murder and she was also the only one who voted for second degree murder. Even she realized that the evidence supported Zimmerman so she could not legally justify convicting him.

Another Juror said this:

'Juror B37 told Cooper that she believed "It pretty much happened the way George said it happened."[206] She believed the defense's argument that Martin had thrown the first punch in the confrontation and that it was Zimmerman's calls for help that were heard on the 911 call recordings, and she said that Zimmerman, fearing he was at risk of bodily harm or even loss of his life, had had a right to protect himself.[203] In response to Cooper's questioning, she said that former lead police investigator Chris Serino's testimony that he had believed Zimmerman was telling the truth had made a strong impression on her (although Judge Nelson had instructed the jury that they should disregard Serino's comment and not consider it in rendering a verdict).[207][208] Juror B37 also said that she did not believe Zimmerman had made any assumptions about Martin on the basis of Martin's skin color: "I think all of us thought race did not play a role.... We never had that discussion."[203] The juror said she believed that ultimately both Martin and Zimmerman were partly to blame for the outcome. "It's a tragedy this happened. But it happened.... And I think both were responsible for the situation they had gotten themselves into. I think both of them could have walked away. It just didn't happen." '

It seems that most agreed with this juror, not the extremist on the other side. That is also why we have a jury of usually 12 people. A range of viewpoints is desired so that one extremist will usually not result in an unfair conviction or an unearned acquittal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimmerman_trial

“NSA”

Level 1

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#107463 Dec 7, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>I'm in WI... 50 degree water if f*cking cold. Yes... I've done a couple of "Polar Near Plunges". It takes days for the nuts to drop back after that
Lmfao! I bet.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#107464 Dec 7, 2013
b_rad_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmfao! I bet.
buncha southern wussies!:)

“NSA”

Level 1

Location hidden

#107465 Dec 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>buncha southern wussies!:)
Boy we wrestle gators y'all play with ice! Who the wussie again? ;)

St. Croix valley

#107466 Dec 7, 2013
b_rad_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy we wrestle gators y'all play with ice! Who the wussie again? ;)
you wrestle gators? yeah, pal, in your wet dreams you do...

i've caught norhtern pike larger than the biggest gator you'd even consider getting within twenty feet of...

“Get Extreme or Go Home. ”

Since: Nov 13

United States

#107467 Dec 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, Zimmerman had clearly quit following Martin. He was out of his vehicle getting a street address for the police. Martin had more than enough time to go to his house after Zimmerman broke off trying to follow him.
You freaking idiot. There are only 3 streets there. Zimmerman was very familiar with the area and was the neighborhood watch self-appointed leader. How the hellll could he have not know where he was when there where only three streets???????? Poor poor excuse for being out of his vehicle and stalking Trevon.
drinK the hivE

Iselin, NJ

#107468 Dec 7, 2013
I Have Been Having A Lot Of Fun Reviewing Other' Experiences Here - It Has Been Surprising 2 Find Other' With Similar Belief' And Questions -WHAT?...

“NSA”

Level 1

Location hidden

#107469 Dec 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you wrestle gators? yeah, pal, in your wet dreams you do...

i've caught norhtern pike larger than the biggest gator you'd even consider getting within twenty feet of...
Pike? Lol that's sissy sht. I've caught alligator far bigger than u kid.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107470 Dec 7, 2013
Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
You freaking idiot. There are only 3 streets there. Zimmerman was very familiar with the area and was the neighborhood watch self-appointed leader. How the hellll could he have not know where he was when there where only three streets???????? Poor poor excuse for being out of his vehicle and stalking Trevon.
You are of course the freaking idiot. A street address includes the number of a house that you are in front of. And Zimmerman was not that familiar with the area. I know lots of people that could not name the two streets to the north and south or the east and west of where they live.

Try not to be braindead prejudiced idiot when you debate this.

And you still have not cited any law that allowed Martin to attack Zimmerman. You cannot name one illegal thing that Zimmerman did in following Martin and reporting him to the police.

St. Croix valley

#107471 Dec 7, 2013
b_rad_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Pike? Lol that's sissy sht. I've caught alligator far bigger than u kid.
sure you have, sure...

i would doubt you have wrestled even one single gator in your suburban little life...

“NSA”

Level 1

Location hidden

#107472 Dec 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure you have, sure...

i would doubt you have wrestled even one single gator in your suburban little life...
Boy I'm countrier than a turnip green. not my fault you wish to think different.

United States

#107473 Dec 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are of course the freaking idiot. A street address includes the number of a house that you are in front of. And Zimmerman was not that familiar with the area. I know lots of people that could not name the two streets to the north and south or the east and west of where they live.
Try not to be braindead prejudiced idiot when you debate this.
And you still have not cited any law that allowed Martin to attack Zimmerman. You cannot name one illegal thing that Zimmerman did in following Martin and reporting him to the police.
From your own link "Zimmerman told Singleton that he got out of his car to find a street sign and to see where Martin was going."

Notice it says "to look for a street sign" not a "freaking address"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Florida...

A street sign? There are only three streets! If you are very familiar with he neighborhood and watch leader how do you not know the streets, the ONLY three streets you are watching??

You are a racists jerk that does not look at facts. His Retired Judge, military, department of defense Daddy along with his retired military uncle that worked for the Sheriffs Dept got him off. His biggest defense was nothing more than character witnesses of friends and family.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107475 Dec 7, 2013
Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
From your own link "Zimmerman told Singleton that he got out of his car to find a street sign and to see where Martin was going."
A street sign? There are only three streets! If you are very familiar with he neighborhood and watch leader how do you not know the streets, the ONLY three streets you are watching??
You are a racists jerk that does not look at facts. His Retired Judge, military, department of defense Daddy along with his retired military uncle that worked for the Sheriffs Dept got him off. His biggest defense was nothing more than character witnesses of friends and family.
Not a street sign, you moron, a street address. Do you even know what a street address is? Jesus Effing Christ on a bicycle, don't you even know what a street address is? You are not even as smart as a first grader.

And if anyone is a racist it is the idiots like you that assume Zimmerman was guilty because he is white and Martin was black. Oh, wait, "white Hispanic". A new term invented by the racist press in attacking Zimmerman.

United States

#107476 Dec 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a street sign, you moron, a street address. Do you even know what a street address is? Jesus Effing Christ on a bicycle, don't you even know what a street address is? You are not even as smart as a first grader.
And if anyone is a racist it is the idiots like you that assume Zimmerman was guilty because he is white and Martin was black. Oh, wait, "white Hispanic". A new term invented by the racist press in attacking Zimmerman.
This is from your own link moron. "Zimmerman told Singleton that he got out of his car to find a "street sign" and to see where Martin was going."

Maybe you need to read it again. Tt is under "Police and investigator testimony" 8th paragraph down. Learn to read as it say "street sign" not "address"

As usual you are wrong again and this even came from the link you provided which evidently you must not have read or you would have known that and not have to lie about it.

United States

#107477 Dec 7, 2013
Here is your link again. Go to "Police and investigator testimony" 8th paragraph down and tell me if it says

1. "Zimmerman told Singleton that he got out of his car to find a "street sign" and to see where Martin was going."

or

2. "Zimmerman told Singleton that he got out of his car to find a "street address" and to see where Martin was going."

That is your challenge. "street sign" as I say or "address" as you say. Lets see who is right.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107478 Dec 7, 2013
Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
I will forgive your idiocy a bit since the abridged version there says that he was looking for a street sign. That may be due to bad writing. The more involved article that describes the shooting itself has this quote:
"Zimmerman eventually left his truck and walked down the sidewalk between Twin Trees Lane to Retreat View Circle and gave police an address on Retreat View Circle.[175] He told investigators that he was not following Martin but was "just going in the same direction he was" to find an address, but admitted that he had also left his truck to try to see in which direction Martin had gone.[170] The altercation began, he said, when Martin suddenly appeared while Zimmerman was walking back to his vehicle. He described Martin at different points in the interviews as appearing "out of nowhere", "from the darkness", and as "jump[ing] out of the bushes".[170][171] Zimmerman said that Martin asked, "You got a f...ing problem, homie?" Zimmerman replied no, then Martin said "You got a problem now" and punched Zimmerman.[176] As they struggled on the ground, Zimmerman on his back with Martin on top of him, Zimmerman yelled for help "probably 50 times".(See Background yells for help in 9-1-1 calls) Martin told him to "Shut the f... up," as he hit him in the face and pounded his head on a concrete sidewalk.[171] When Zimmerman tried to move off the concrete, Martin saw his gun and said "You're going to die tonight mother....er!" Martin grabbed for the gun, but Zimmerman grabbed it first. He said after firing his weapon at Martin, he was not sure at first that he had hit him, so he got on top of him in order to subdue him.[170][170][171] Bystanders and police arrived shortly after Martin was shot."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Tray...

I knew from following the trial that he said that he was looking for an address. Without an address it is easy to get "lost" in that little development. One of the so called streets is really four streets since it goes all of the way around the development. Saying that you are on "Retreat View Circle" would not be of any use at all.

ETA: I had to edit out some bad words for Topix

Level 1

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#107479 Dec 7, 2013
Look yall, F%$# George Zimmerman...that slimy rat looking mutha$%#*@!!!..he'll have to face judgment and his heart's intentions will be measured and weighed and his punishment shall be greater than he could bear!!!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107480 Dec 7, 2013
Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
This is from your own link moron. "Zimmerman told Singleton that he got out of his car to find a "street sign" and to see where Martin was going."
Maybe you need to read it again. Tt is under "Police and investigator testimony" 8th paragraph down. Learn to read as it say "street sign" not "address"
As usual you are wrong again and this even came from the link you provided which evidently you must not have read or you would have known that and not have to lie about it.
Hey idiot, did you ever think to dig a bit deeper?

That was an edited version of his statement. A more complete one, which I quoted and linked said that he was looking for a street address. And if you had followed the trial you would have know that.

As usual I am right again and you are still sucking hind teat.

By the way moron, I don't have to lie. I have been correct so far in my facts. Please notice that I did not accuse you of lying. Your excuse is that you are a friggin' idiot.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107481 Dec 7, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
Look yall, F%$# George Zimmerman...that slimy rat looking mutha$%#*@!!!..he'll have to face judgment and his heart's intentions will be measured and weighed and his punishment shall be greater than he could bear!!!
Sorry, I am not superstitious. I believe that people should be punished in this lifetime, not in a pretend one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"BEWARE of ISIS!" 7 min Emerald 5
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min CrunchyBacon 18,595
Fergson Police Dept. 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 403
The ALPHABET Game (May '11) 10 min Roxie Darling 10,755
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min the wandering girl 145,271
'NEW' Black Panthers 29 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 31 min the wandering girl 3,249
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 54 min Enzo49 28,510
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr Enzo49 812
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••