Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 5,090)

Showing posts 101,781 - 101,800 of106,060
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Life is a learning highway”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

that too many get lost on

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Just passing through. Klear take it easy on Dan. It is not his fault he is an idiot and a @sshole. He is a alcoholic and those traits stem from his disease. He is also paranoid and will probably think you and I are the same person like he does with many others on here.

“Happy New Year”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Satin is smooth lier .
And a slick dresser. His turn ons are warm, sunny days, children and smiles. His turn offs are mean people. He likes strangling animals, cocaine and helping the infirm.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

KlearMastKO1 wrote:
He steals kills and destroys
Oh, you mean like in the Noachian Flood?
That supposedly killed everybody on the planet except 8 people on a big boat.

(It didn't happen, but play along, please!)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for that, but I believe it was Darwin and a number of other scientists and not some guy named Stan.
Great. Another home-skewled teenager.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean like in the Noachian Flood?
That supposedly killed everybody on the planet except 8 people on a big boat.
(It didn't happen, but play along, please!)
It always chokes me up that he killed Bambi's great great ^10 grandfather. sniffle

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
Just passing through. Klear take it easy on Dan. It is not his fault he is an idiot and a @sshole. He is a alcoholic and those traits stem from his disease. He is also paranoid and will probably think you and I are the same person like he does with many others on here.
Hey Dan, I think your stalker misses you. Have you been ignoring his regular threads, again?

“Happy New Year”

Level 9

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dan, I think your stalker misses you. Have you been ignoring his regular threads, again?
I think he does. It must be the holiday season and my Orbit gum smile.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I think he does. It must be the holiday season and my Orbit gum smile.
*Ding*
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Once and for all prove that any god is real. Or all creation stuff will remain opinion and myth.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Absolutely

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>He told me that. But hey, wait a minute. If he is a liar and he told me he is a liar then that is a lie and he isn't a liar, but he is a liar so he can't tell the truth, but if he says he is a liar than that must be a lie and if it is a lie then he isn't lying, but he is a liar.
He went down to Georgia too.
Rumor has it he was in a bind.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

KlearMastKO1 wrote:
Beware of the DEVIL..He is a liar.
You mean this guy?

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/f/f3/...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

KlearMastKO1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is near you.He wants your soul.
He ain't gettin' anywhere near my James Brown collection!

>:-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
Just passing through. Klear take it easy on Dan. It is not his fault he is an idiot and a @sshole. He is a alcoholic and those traits stem from his disease.
While clearly KlearMast ain't nutty as a fruitcake.(shrug)
muffy

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

cancer suxs wrote:
Once and for all prove that any god is real. Or all creation stuff will remain opinion and myth.
Why is "creation stuff" deemed "opinion and myth" unless God is proved, but when "scientists" are asked to prove evolution they come back with "uh you can't prove a theory"?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

muffy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is "creation stuff" deemed "opinion and myth" unless God is proved, but when "scientists" are asked to prove evolution they come back with "uh you can't prove a theory"?
Wrong, just wrong.

Science treats ALL theories as provisionally true, there is no absolute proof. Even for gravity. Yet ideas can be shown to be wrong. We can show that the claims of creationists are wrong and that all evidence supports evolution.

Though not "proven", you could say that evolution is "proven" as well as gravity, and you don't see anyone arguing for gravity. At least not for long and very very rarely form great heights, over a slab of cement.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

To be fair cancer suxs should have been asking for evidence for God, not that God's existence be proven.
muffy

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Science treats ALL theories as provisionally true, there is no absolute proof. Even for gravity. Yet ideas can be shown to be wrong. We can show that the claims of creationists are wrong and that all evidence supports evolution.
This makes more sense I suppose. So if all the evidence supports evolution, why is anyone still studying it? I'm pretty sure scientists aren't still dropping weights off the Tower of Pisa to see if gravity is still working.

Also, why is the personal testimony of the millions of people that have been touched by God dismissed and not taken as evidence of a God that chooses to act primarily through Man?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

muffy wrote:
<quoted text>
This makes more sense I suppose. So if all the evidence supports evolution, why is anyone still studying it? I'm pretty sure scientists aren't still dropping weights off the Tower of Pisa to see if gravity is still working.
Also, why is the personal testimony of the millions of people that have been touched by God dismissed and not taken as evidence of a God that chooses to act primarily through Man?
Good question. The answer is because we don't have all of the answers yet. And scientists are still studying gravity for the same reason. We don't have all of the answers there either.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

muffy wrote:
<quoted text>
And for the second part of your post:

The reason personal testimony is disregarded is that it is not consistent. And all religions, all of them have the same sort of personal self contradicting testimony. If the testimony was reasonably consistent it might be of some use. It isn't.

And when any religious claims are looked at hard enough with reason they have found to be bogus, regardless of the religion involved.

“Happy New Year”

Level 9

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Rumor has it he was in a bind.
And way behind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101,781 - 101,800 of106,060
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••