Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#107209 Nov 29, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, I agree choc fudge ice cream iz da biz.
partial to real vanilla bean myself...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#107210 Nov 29, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>something wrong with shiny heads?!
make it so...
No I wear sunglasses..lol
Here is almost shiny head that can't make it so...lmao..
http://starwrecked.com/contents/other-parts/N...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#107211 Nov 29, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Martin only "started towards the truck", looked and then started skipping away. There is no mention of any window being up or down. That is pure fabrication on your part. The problem is after Zimmerman tell the cops he is returning to his car another 2 minutes go by before the confrontation starts. He had run from his truck to that location in about 20 seconds yet it took 2 minutes for him to cover half the distance back to when the walkways intersect. What was he doing for those 2 minutes. Did decide to stop for a smoke first? Did he take a leak? Did he continuing looking around for the person he had been chasing? Wouldn't you? We know that Martin was in the rear area between the buildings talking on the phone. It was very still out that night and Zimmerman should have heard Martins voice echoing between the buildings before he saw him. I find to hard to believe that Martin could have snuck up on Zimmerman given the location.
No I didn't:

"A source to the Orlando Sentinel said in May that Zimmerman told investigators that at one point Martin circled his vehicle,[Note 8] and he rolled up his window to avoid a confrontation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Tray...

Zimmerman also made the statement, I keep making the mistake of writing testified and we know he never had to testify in court. And Zimmerman's claim was that he was getting a street address for the police when Martin came back up to him and confronted him. So if I said he snuck up on him I was wrong.

Also Zimmerman told his story several times, including the night that it happened. There were no major discrepancies between his statements and the forensic evidence or the evidence from testimony of observers. He also passed a lie detector test:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/st...

Usually if someone lies one of two things will happen, his story will not match the evidence, or he will change his story substantially since he has to remember his story and not remember the truth. That is very difficult to do. Especially if you were under the stress of just receiving a beating and shooting someone on the night that it happened.

I have said it before, he may not be a particular likable character, but that does not make him guilty.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#107212 Nov 29, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I want to hear more about the sci-fi femdom movie Stewart was in.
Sorry, that was "fen".

"We are the few, the proud, the fen..."

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#107213 Nov 29, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I met him once in a lift in a hotel on London. His presence is so overpowering he spoke to me and I literally froze,”dar, dar, dar”, I felt so, I don’t know, insignificant.
There is only one other person who has had that effect on me and he is the father of my children.
I met James Mason once.

I was maybe 10 years old, and he came to the opening of one of my Dad's plays, at the Abbey Theatre in Dublin.

He shook my hand, greeted me, and asked my name...

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#107214 Nov 29, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The best time for guitar music for sure
I kinda like Django Reinhardt as well (1930's & 40's jazz guitarist).
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#107217 Dec 1, 2013
Too many Americans think that Jesus needs to be put on welfare.
DavidQuinn wrote:
This is a joke, we should be educating more in notions of science and reason rather than superstition and religion. Just read a book that's creating a buzz in the UK (it's been retweeted by Dawkins), worth checking out, called The Chronicles Of Hope 2082. Features a politician who advocates a society like that

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#107218 Dec 1, 2013
davy wrote:
Too many Americans think that Jesus needs to be put on welfare.
<quoted text>
They put him on Obamacare, pretty much hung him out to dry.

“Get Extreme or Go Home. ”

Since: Nov 13

United States

#107219 Dec 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't:
"A source to the Orlando Sentinel said in May that Zimmerman told investigators that at one point Martin circled his vehicle,[Note 8] and he rolled up his window to avoid a confrontation."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Tray...
Zimmerman also made the statement, I keep making the mistake of writing testified and we know he never had to testify in court. And Zimmerman's claim was that he was getting a street address for the police when Martin came back up to him and confronted him. So if I said he snuck up on him I was wrong.
Also Zimmerman told his story several times, including the night that it happened. There were no major discrepancies between his statements and the forensic evidence or the evidence from testimony of observers. He also passed a lie detector test:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/st...
Usually if someone lies one of two things will happen, his story will not match the evidence, or he will change his story substantially since he has to remember his story and not remember the truth. That is very difficult to do. Especially if you were under the stress of just receiving a beating and shooting someone on the night that it happened.
I have said it before, he may not be a particular likable character, but that does not make him guilty.
George Zimmerman arrested again.

His girlfriend, Samantha Scheibe, called 911 in the early afternoon to say that Zimmerman had smashed a glass table, threatened her with the shotgun and ultimately pushed her out of the house, according to an arrest report. After pushing her out, Zimmerman barricaded the door with furniture and refused to leave, saying that he would talk to police by phone, authorities said.

http://lifetimes.tampabay.com/news/publicsafe...

If he does this to his girlfriend (threatens here with a shotgun). How do you think he would act with a loaded weapon to a complete stranger that he thinks is a criminal?

“Get Extreme or Go Home. ”

Since: Nov 13

United States

#107220 Dec 1, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Martin only "started towards the truck", looked and then started skipping away. There is no mention of any window being up or down. That is pure fabrication on your part. The problem is after Zimmerman tell the cops he is returning to his car another 2 minutes go by before the confrontation starts. He had run from his truck to that location in about 20 seconds yet it took 2 minutes for him to cover half the distance back to when the walkways intersect. What was he doing for those 2 minutes. Did decide to stop for a smoke first? Did he take a leak? Did he continuing looking around for the person he had been chasing? Wouldn't you? We know that Martin was in the rear area between the buildings talking on the phone. It was very still out that night and Zimmerman should have heard Martins voice echoing between the buildings before he saw him. I find to hard to believe that Martin could have snuck up on Zimmerman given the location.
There are only two people that knew exactly what happened. One is dead and one beat the charges.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#107221 Dec 1, 2013
Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
There are only two people that knew exactly what happened. One is dead and one beat the charges.
Sorry if you want to make that claim then it is up to you to find evidence that supports your claims. The evidence agreed with Zimmerman.

Now I never claimed that Zimmerman was an angel or that he was not somewhat at fault. The fact is that he probably did not attack Martin, Martin attacked him. Just because you do not like someone does not mean that he cannot defend himself.

To even push it up into manslaughter you have to show that he was acting illegally in some way. The prosecution could not do that.

They grossly overcharged the man and since he got a half way competent lawyer he got off. It is really as simple as that.

That does not mean he is an angel. So these later news stories do not really mean anything.

And we know that Martin was not an angel either. He had engaged in violent acts, at a minimum he had received stolen property if he didn't participate in stealing property. And was found with burglar tools at one point in time. Of course that does not mean that Martin was the their, nor does it take away any of his rights. It does show some consistency to Zimmerman's story.

The reason that Zimmerman got off was, one more time, because the evidence supported his version and not the DA's.

“Get Extreme or Go Home. ”

Since: Nov 13

United States

#107222 Dec 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if you want to make that claim then it is up to you to find evidence that supports your claims. The evidence agreed with Zimmerman.
Now I never claimed that Zimmerman was an angel or that he was not somewhat at fault. The fact is that he probably did not attack Martin, Martin attacked him. Just because you do not like someone does not mean that he cannot defend himself.
To even push it up into manslaughter you have to show that he was acting illegally in some way. The prosecution could not do that.
They grossly overcharged the man and since he got a half way competent lawyer he got off. It is really as simple as that.
That does not mean he is an angel. So these later news stories do not really mean anything.
And we know that Martin was not an angel either. He had engaged in violent acts, at a minimum he had received stolen property if he didn't participate in stealing property. And was found with burglar tools at one point in time. Of course that does not mean that Martin was the their, nor does it take away any of his rights. It does show some consistency to Zimmerman's story.
The reason that Zimmerman got off was, one more time, because the evidence supported his version and not the DA's.
OJ got off to. Just because someone gets off does not mean they are innocent. Same as a conviction does not mean that person is guilty. How many people in prison have been freed in the last 10 years alone after the "evidence" shown them to be guilty but DNA now has shown them to be innocent.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#107223 Dec 1, 2013
Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
OJ got off to. Just because someone gets off does not mean they are innocent. Same as a conviction does not mean that person is guilty. How many people in prison have been freed in the last 10 years alone after the "evidence" shown them to be guilty but DNA now has shown them to be innocent.
OJ got off because the defense was able to show that some of the evidence in the OJ case was planted. Some of the blood of OJ's that was supposed to be at the scene had a contaminant it should not have had, if I recall correctly. The prosecution ran a bad case.

The Zimmerman case is different. The evidence supports his claim. And he did not lawyer up and think of some excuse. His basic story did not change much from the night that he gave it.

What does DNA have to do with this case? Misapplied evidence can come up with a wrong answer.

The challenge was for you to justify your claim. You are not able to do so. Just because you don't like someone you can't claim that he is guilty.

“Get Extreme or Go Home. ”

Since: Nov 13

United States

#107224 Dec 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
OJ got off because the defense was able to show that some of the evidence in the OJ case was planted. Some of the blood of OJ's that was supposed to be at the scene had a contaminant it should not have had, if I recall correctly. The prosecution ran a bad case.
The Zimmerman case is different. The evidence supports his claim. And he did not lawyer up and think of some excuse. His basic story did not change much from the night that he gave it.
What does DNA have to do with this case? Misapplied evidence can come up with a wrong answer.
The challenge was for you to justify your claim. You are not able to do so. Just because you don't like someone you can't claim that he is guilty.
My claim is "There are only two people that knew exactly what happened. One is dead and one beat the charges." Trevon and Zimmerman are the only two that knew/know exactly what happened. Trevon is dead and Zimmerman beat the charges. The claim backs itself up.

Do you know of any more people that "know exactly" what happened?



I didn't think so.

“Get Extreme or Go Home. ”

Since: Nov 13

United States

#107225 Dec 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if you want to make that claim then it is up to you to find evidence that supports your claims. The evidence agreed with Zimmerman.
Now I never claimed that Zimmerman was an angel or that he was not somewhat at fault. The fact is that he probably did not attack Martin, Martin attacked him. Just because you do not like someone does not mean that he cannot defend himself.
To even push it up into manslaughter you have to show that he was acting illegally in some way. The prosecution could not do that.
They grossly overcharged the man and since he got a half way competent lawyer he got off. It is really as simple as that.
That does not mean he is an angel. So these later news stories do not really mean anything.
And we know that Martin was not an angel either. He had engaged in violent acts, at a minimum he had received stolen property if he didn't participate in stealing property. And was found with burglar tools at one point in time. Of course that does not mean that Martin was the their, nor does it take away any of his rights. It does show some consistency to Zimmerman's story.
The reason that Zimmerman got off was, one more time, because the evidence supported his version and not the DA's.
According to a records search on Zimmerman, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and resisting an officer with violence — a felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.

All three of those arrests, however, were mysteriously closed with no semblance of charges for Zimmerman. So how was someone with a violent past including that of battery against an officer able to carry a 9 mm handgun?

You think maybe his Dad, Robert Zimmerman, a retired former Orange County magistrate judge had anything to do with those charges disappearing and maybe some influence on the Martin case?

In his letter to The Orlando Sentinel defending his son, the senior Zimmerman asks people not to jump to conclusions and insists that his son didn’t follow the young boy home as he walked through their gated community.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#107226 Dec 1, 2013
Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
My claim is "There are only two people that knew exactly what happened. One is dead and one beat the charges." Trevon and Zimmerman are the only two that knew/know exactly what happened. Trevon is dead and Zimmerman beat the charges. The claim backs itself up.
Do you know of any more people that "know exactly" what happened?
I didn't think so.
"Beat the charges" is loaded language implying that Zimmerman is guilty. To be fair you should say "One was found not guilty" that leaves the door open for him having been in the wrong, and of course you are wrong on the other part too. Since Martin is dead he clearly does not know anything. He probably knew before he died, but once you are dead you are dead.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#107227 Dec 1, 2013
Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
According to a records search on Zimmerman, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and resisting an officer with violence — a felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.
All three of those arrests, however, were mysteriously closed with no semblance of charges for Zimmerman. So how was someone with a violent past including that of battery against an officer able to carry a 9 mm handgun?
You think maybe his Dad, Robert Zimmerman, a retired former Orange County magistrate judge had anything to do with those charges disappearing and maybe some influence on the Martin case?
In his letter to The Orlando Sentinel defending his son, the senior Zimmerman asks people not to jump to conclusions and insists that his son didn’t follow the young boy home as he walked through their gated community.
You have to be a convicted felon. Many charges of domestic violence disappear because the wife drops them. Many disappear because both are equally to blame. Sometimes they even disappear because the wife was guilty but the man was still charged. That happens more often than you would think.

His father may have had some influence, or he may have just gotten his son good legal help.

All we can go on for the Zimmerman case is the evidence that was presented. I could cite the fact that Martin had violence issues too. That he was found with burglar tools on him. And that he tried to present the image of a thug. That is prejudicial evidence that had little to do with this case.

So please, stick to the evidence. Neither one was an angel.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#107228 Dec 1, 2013
Let's check the facts on the "resisting officer with violence" and why it was not treated as a felony:

"In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/27/10...

Pushing an officer when you are drunk does not sound like "violence against an officer" to me. This was another case of overcharging a person. It got him to go into rehab. It would probably not even have gone to trial. The DA was again using the law as a tool to get a positive result, Zimmerman underwent treatment "voluntarily".

“Get Extreme or Go Home. ”

Since: Nov 13

United States

#107229 Dec 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
and of course you are wrong on the other part too. Since Martin is dead he clearly does not know anything. He probably knew before he died, but once you are dead you are dead.
As in my first comment I used "knew", still used knew in my second comment and then put knew/know the third time I said it as I named the two. Trevon and Zimmerman---knew/know! Trevon knew while Zimmerman knows. At one time did I ever say Trevon knows. You claim I did by saying "you are wrong on the other part too. Since Martin is dead he clearly does not know anything." Back your claim up.

“Get Extreme or Go Home. ”

Since: Nov 13

United States

#107230 Dec 1, 2013
That should say - At what time did I say Trevon knows?

And you called me wrong when I said the only two that knew "exactly what happened" were those two.

I asked if you knew of anyone else that knew "exactly" what happened and you failed to respond with an answer. Now if you know of someone else that "knows exactly" what happened then I am wrong. If only those two knew exactly what happened then I am right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 2 min CJ Rocker 7,301
Flesh-Eating Maggots Removed From Man's Head 4 min Cheyne 12
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 9 min CJ Rocker 26,441
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 9 min Paki_Jatt_Soorma 751
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 12 min Capn Greg 3
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 15 min CJ Rocker 151,086
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 15 min Bill 365
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 21 min Capn Greg 200
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 30 min Sublime1 8,046
Bill Cosby 1 hr peepquest 212
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Spirit67_ 23,998

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE