Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 5,078)

Showing posts 101,541 - 101,560 of112,054
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and self defense also doesn't include starting a fight and then pulling a gun when you lose that fight. if zimmerman had stayed in his car, we would not even know their names...
how do you know treyvon instigated the attack? Zim actually admitted to the 911 operator he was following the kid and was told to not continue, which he did. he clearly instigated the whole thing...then he started to lose and ran to his little gun to save his pathetic ass...
Exactly. Many of the jurors have since said they felt Zimmerman was guilty but they could not convict under the way Florida law was written. I would like to a law that considers provocation. If you push a person to the point they feel they must defend themselves you should not be able claim self defense.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

Judged:

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. Many of the jurors have since said they felt Zimmerman was guilty but they could not convict under the way Florida law was written. I would like to a law that considers provocation. If you push a person to the point they feel they must defend themselves you should not be able claim self defense.
Self defense is exactly what Zimmerman did, like it or not self defense isn't attacking and grounding someone and proceeding to bash their brains out. Whether Zimmerman was wrong in following Martin is irrelevant to this, and if Martin would have simply gone inside his house the incident would have been forgotten also. This may have been a different case if Zimmerman had thrown the first punch. Look at it this way..reporters do the exact same thing Zimmerman did, we may not like it but we are wrong if we attack them. Maybe they deserve it sometimes, but it wont make it right to do so.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Every state has it's own laws. In Florida it is ok to shoot someone if they are wearing a hoodie
Ouch. And Lol, but mostly Ouch.

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Born a fisherman from New England, I loved the 11 years I lived in Miami in terms of fishing. Although an ocean dweller by preference, I did enjoy some decent lake fishing in Central Florida on occasion. But when it comes down to choosing, I'll take saltwater bass over almost any other fresh-water fish, save a few good homegrown river trout.
I like telling people I grew up in Fort Lauderdale but the truth is people in Fort Lauderdale don't actually grow up. Back then fishing was a lot better. There were more fish and less rules. For eating my favorite fish is probably a cat fish. Although grouper and snapper are in there real close also. For sport I have a long running feud going with tarpon. I am not sure which of us is ahead. One time I had a tarpon leave me with about 2 ft of line at 3am in the morning with no stores open to buy any more line at. I had to pack up and go home. I guess we know who won that one.@@#@#*&^&*##@ fish.

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
If English originated in England like an inventor, they do have that right of ownership. All languages one way or the other are connected to each other, not only English.
Are you bringing this up AGAIN?! OK Charles, you win. England ownes English. All languages are connected. Now what?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. Many of the jurors have since said they felt Zimmerman was guilty but they could not convict under the way Florida law was written. I would like to a law that considers provocation. If you push a person to the point they feel they must defend themselves you should not be able claim self defense.
There are more than enough discrepancies in the sole witness and survivor's testimony to consider TM to have been stalked.

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I like telling people I grew up in Fort Lauderdale but the truth is people in Fort Lauderdale don't actually grow up. Back then fishing was a lot better. There were more fish and less rules. For eating my favorite fish is probably a cat fish. Although grouper and snapper are in there real close also. For sport I have a long running feud going with tarpon. I am not sure which of us is ahead. One time I had a tarpon leave me with about 2 ft of line at 3am in the morning with no stores open to buy any more line at. I had to pack up and go home. I guess we know who won that one.@@#@#*&^&*##@ fish.
Agreed that tarpon are fighters, but I don't eat tarpon, so to me their a waste of time. In New England we would catch barrelfulls of Bluefish in August - edible fighters. An occasional fight with Tuna was always fun, but those were rare, and usually tuna would win.

*lol - "don't 'grow up' in Ft. Lauderdale* How True! I've been to many Spring Breaks that I have only vague recollection.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I like telling people I grew up in Fort Lauderdale but the truth is people in Fort Lauderdale don't actually grow up. Back then fishing was a lot better. There were more fish and less rules. For eating my favorite fish is probably a cat fish. Although grouper and snapper are in there real close also. For sport I have a long running feud going with tarpon. I am not sure which of us is ahead. One time I had a tarpon leave me with about 2 ft of line at 3am in the morning with no stores open to buy any more line at. I had to pack up and go home. I guess we know who won that one.@@#@#*&^&*##@ fish.
Long time ago (before it got all built up) I used to fish at Jetty Park. Chances of catching flounder were pretty good, but chances a seagull would grab your bait on the cast were better. Who needs a kite when you've got a bird on the line that won't let go of cut mullet?

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed that tarpon are fighters, but I don't eat tarpon, so to me their a waste of time. In New England we would catch barrelfulls of Bluefish in August - edible fighters. An occasional fight with Tuna was always fun, but those were rare, and usually tuna would win.
*lol - "don't 'grow up' in Ft. Lauderdale* How True! I've been to many Spring Breaks that I have only vague recollection.
I caught a 5 lb blue, thought I had a big shark. I've caught sharks before, but it was the first blue. It was very fast also, I can see why you like them because it was also very tasty. Much more than any other fish I ever tasted.

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Self defense is exactly what Zimmerman did, like it or not self defense isn't attacking and grounding someone and proceeding to bash their brains out. Whether Zimmerman was wrong in following Martin is irrelevant to this, and if Martin would have simply gone inside his house the incident would have been forgotten also. This may have been a different case if Zimmerman had thrown the first punch. Look at it this way..reporters do the exact same thing Zimmerman did, we may not like it but we are wrong if we attack them. Maybe they deserve it sometimes, but it wont make it right to do so.
If you thought a kook was following you, would you led them back to your family? Bashing Zimmerman's brains out? There are two problems with that argument. 1. Zimmerman had no more than minor scrapes. 2. Zimmerman does not have any brains to bash out. Zimmerman's acquittal rested on "what he believed in his mind at the instant he pulled his gun. It was not "was his life in danger" it was "did he believe his life was in danger". Zimmerman keeps playing the same game. He attacks and then claims defense. His latest run-in demonstrates that again. After sticking a shot gun in his girlfriend's face and physically throwing her out of her own apt, he barricaded the door with furniture, and called the cops claiming he was afraid of her. He also punched his wife's father in the face and again claimed self defense.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

swampmudd wrote:
ahhh, sticky water fishing. only tried it once and it was fun. i just have to say i prefer my clean inland water; never have liked salt water much. perhaps that is due to growing up on an inland sea of freshwater?

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>If you thought a kook was following you, would you led them back to your family? Bashing Zimmerman's brains out? There are two problems with that argument. 1. Zimmerman had no more than minor scrapes. 2. Zimmerman does not have any brains to bash out. Zimmerman's acquittal rested on "what he believed in his mind at the instant he pulled his gun. It was not "was his life in danger" it was "did he believe his life was in danger". Zimmerman keeps playing the same game. He attacks and then claims defense. His latest run-in demonstrates that again. After sticking a shot gun in his girlfriend's face and physically throwing her out of her own apt, he barricaded the door with furniture, and called the cops claiming he was afraid of her. He also punched his wife's father in the face and again claimed self defense.
Case is closed, sorry it didn't go the way you thought it should.
Witnesses placed Zimmerman under Martin, a big factor.
Don't think it wasn't decided by a jury, I just happen to agree with them. It's you who don't , but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually don't go after tarpon. But often they happen. I'm more of a hungry fisherman than a sport fisherman. About the only time we would actually go after tarpon is when friends from up north would come down. Then I would take them down to the FP&L hot water outlet canal just south of Port Everglades. The tarpon love that warm water. It was a guarantee they would have a great time. I would usually sit back and watch the tarpon bust lines and spit hooks.

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Case is closed, sorry it didn't go the way you thought it should.
Witnesses placed Zimmerman under Martin, a big factor.
Don't think it wasn't decided by a jury, I just happen to agree with them. It's you who don't , but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
That is my point exactly. Under Florida law the jury was only allowed to consider if Zimmerman was reasonable in believing he was in bodily or mortal danger "at the time he pulled his gun". What preceded was pretty much eliminated from consideration. That is why I believe that laws need to be written that consider provocation. It is also my belief that Zimmerman was guilty of either manslaughter or criminal negligence and that if he had not been over charged he would have been found guilty. It is common for prosecutors to run up the charges. This time they over played their hand because Zimmerman had a good lawyer and not a public defender.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Seven of Nine
Jeri Ryan. Possibly the hottest entity ever poured into a body suit.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
Therefore, ownership by origination is very correct.
I see.

From which branch or department of the English government did YOU receive your permission to (mis)use the English language?

Do you pay the English government by mail? Or electronically?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
uh, no - he reminds me of a hybrid of Landru and Mudd. Not much by way of progress, imagination or ethics, but brimming with a bizarrely cheesy self-righteousness.
Plus, I think the Holy Vestments for religies expecting to 'win' a serious discussion should be a red shirt.
Mudd had charm.

Red shirt it is then.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Born a fisherman from New England, I loved the 11 years I lived in Miami in terms of fishing. Although an ocean dweller by preference, I did enjoy some decent lake fishing in Central Florida on occasion. But when it comes down to choosing, I'll take saltwater bass over almost any other fresh-water fish, save a few good homegrown river trout.
I grew up in the West of Ireland, and lived in Pennsylvania after that. I bloody loved trout fishing.

Now I'm in Florida - not a sodding trout stream in the state.

Though, I grant you, bass isn't bad.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I caught a 5 lb blue, thought I had a big shark. I've caught sharks before, but it was the first blue. It was very fast also, I can see why you like them because it was also very tasty. Much more than any other fish I ever tasted.
Blues are a bit oily - marinade 'em in milk first.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2013

well happy thanksgiving to all y'all that are celebrating such, and a happy Hanna..Chanu...ah, enjoy any jewish holidays you may be celebrating!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101,541 - 101,560 of112,054
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

193 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 min Princess Hey 140,645
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 4 min Hatti_Hollerand 137,033
Word Association. (Nov '10) 5 min Ami ln Miami 16,565
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min SLACK 34,800
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 5 min Instigator 12,951
Dear judge it's not his fault... 6 min Denny CranesPlace 3
30,000 post wins (May '13) 12 min NotaGoth 622
What's your tip for the day? 35 min Princess Hey 62
•••