Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#107168 Nov 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Jeri Ryan. Possibly the hottest entity ever poured into a body suit.
Jolene Blalock US a serious contender.

Level 8

Location hidden

#107169 Nov 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Crap sorry IS O meant When I say Jolene Blalock, I wish I could say US...lol
Jeri Ryan is nice too though, very fine and close to perfect...heheheh

If you had both...

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#107170 Nov 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Mudd had charm.
Red shirt it is then.
So you are saying that Mudd would have made a fine Charismatic preacher.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#107171 Nov 28, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Actually he huffed and puffed for almost 20 seconds after he said yeah. He did not stop huffing and puffing until Zimmerman told the operator, "he got away, they always do"
The breathing changed quickly to catching his breath. At any rate we agree, he stopped chasing, Martin got away. That should have been the end of it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107172 Nov 28, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
One of the problems with Zim's story was he claimed to be knocked to the ground by the intersection of the cross through and the rear walkway. It is almost 75 ft from there to where the resident saw Martin on top of Zimmerman just behind his back porch. That is a long ways for two men to travel while on the ground. Zim had to claim he was jumped at the intersection because if he was anywhere down the rear walkway then he was clearly again following Martin and not returning to his truck. But what the jury debates was AT THE TIME at the very second Zimmerman pulled his gun, did he have reason to believe himself in peril. In cases like this I believe the jury MUST look at a broader scope of the surrounding circumstances. Laws that prevent them from doing so need to be changed.
Perhaps, but as written the jury had not choice.

Of course a big part of the problem with this case is that it was not charged correctly due to political reasons. The DA was in an election and she wanted to look tough. She overcharged Zimmerman practically guaranteeing the states loss. The prosecution did not change their tactics until it was obvious that they had lost the 2nd degree murder charge. If they had started with reckless endangerment they might have had a chance. It was clear that it was not 2nd degree murder to almost everyone.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107173 Nov 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely he would. Should have gone to Bajor and become the galaxy's richest evangelist. All it takes is a little persona and the will to fleece a gullible audience.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#107174 Nov 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>my best buddy once tied himself so well to a white cedar tree along the stream and the wind started blowing, i thought he was a marionette! he does tie a nice fly though...and in all honesty, he is far better with the long rod than i am...
I'va also been known to become sufficiently ensnarled in a willow that it took a lighter to get my rig loose...

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#107175 Nov 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>My Gf can make walleye or northern pike fillets into fish and chips that a lillipudlian would drool over...
Easiest way to fillet fish - make a cut along the back, clear to the bone, after you clean 'em. Then grill 'em on both sides, wi' lemon juice and whatever else you like.

Lift the fish off the bones, when it's cooked.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#107176 Nov 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Fly or band?
Oh, there's a band?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#107177 Nov 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Owshit.

Okay, I'll call that a tie.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#107178 Nov 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fenton Harcourt Mudd!"

Laffin.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#107179 Nov 28, 2013
"Harcourt Fenton", of course.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#107180 Nov 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, there's a band?
Might be.

;-)

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#107181 Nov 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Might be.
;-)
Hehehehe.

I never had much luck with those, as happens.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#107182 Nov 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, but as written the jury had not choice.
Of course a big part of the problem with this case is that it was not charged correctly due to political reasons. The DA was in an election and she wanted to look tough. She overcharged Zimmerman practically guaranteeing the states loss. The prosecution did not change their tactics until it was obvious that they had lost the 2nd degree murder charge. If they had started with reckless endangerment they might have had a chance. It was clear that it was not 2nd degree murder to almost everyone.
I agree about the DA's motivation. She was notorious as a right wing tough on crime politician. She always went with max charges for the negotiating position. That has been part of Right Wing politics in Florida since John Bush was elected Governor. Pretty much in step with the NRC. Most of her victims had shit public defenders so they copped pleas instead of going to court. But Zimmerman has pretty much proven his over aggressiveness in the short time since. Does anybody want to take bets on how long before he arrested again?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#107183 Nov 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Easiest way to fillet fish - make a cut along the back, clear to the bone, after you clean 'em. Then grill 'em on both sides, wi' lemon juice and whatever else you like.
Lift the fish off the bones, when it's cooked.
oh, i'm pretty good at fileting the walleye and northern we catch, nice boneless filets.

of course the best fish, trout, need no fileting, just gut em, wrap em in foil and cook em right there streamside!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107184 Nov 28, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I agree about the DA's motivation. She was notorious as a right wing tough on crime politician. She always went with max charges for the negotiating position. That has been part of Right Wing politics in Florida since John Bush was elected Governor. Pretty much in step with the NRC. Most of her victims had shit public defenders so they copped pleas instead of going to court. But Zimmerman has pretty much proven his over aggressiveness in the short time since. Does anybody want to take bets on how long before he arrested again?
There are several changes in the Republican Party recently that have drive me away from them.

I was unaware of the political party of the DA. Over charging someone has always seemed to be a bad tactic to me. The DA is supposed to be after justice, not after the biggest sentence possible.

As far as Zimmerman goes, I never said that he was an angel. In fact I remember saying some rather nasty things about him. But the facts of this case seem to be that Martin decided to attack the wrong man.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#107185 Nov 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh, i'm pretty good at fileting the walleye and northern we catch, nice boneless filets.
of course the best fish, trout, need no fileting, just gut em, wrap em in foil and cook em right there streamside!
Oh, been there, done that!

I used to live across a two-lane blacktop from Broadhead Creek, in PA. If not for the trees and the traffic, I coulda put a line in from my front yard.

Damn, I miss that.

Level 8

Location hidden

#107186 Nov 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
There are several changes in the Republican Party recently that have drive me away from them.
I was unaware of the political party of the DA. Over charging someone has always seemed to be a bad tactic to me. The DA is supposed to be after justice, not after the biggest sentence possible.
As far as Zimmerman goes, I never said that he was an angel. In fact I remember saying some rather nasty things about him. But the facts of this case seem to be that Martin decided to attack the wrong man.
Both republicans and democrats both are a festering bucket of slime.
There's virtually no difference between the two. Only difference is the things they want to highlight or make emphasis over .
The largest difference between the two is only in foreign affairs, republicans pay more attention to abroad, while democrats focus in state. There seems to be a pattern though in the shift of power between the two, to keep people thinking there is a choice, when there is in reality very little.
I find little to like about either, they are all whores to the big banks, corps, and the MIC. The sad part is there is no third party with enough clout to challenge the monopoly. So they keep playing head games with the American people.

“Get Extreme or Go Home. ”

Since: Nov 13

United States

#107187 Nov 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen this one?

A Florida woman who was sentenced to 20 years in prison for firing a shot into the wall during a fight with her husband, who she said had abused her. She appealed and is now out on bond.

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/florida-wo...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min Spirit67_ 24,007
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 4 min andet1987 7,356
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 8 min Spirit67_ 9,189
The Letter "C" (Aug '09) 10 min Spirit67_ 5,462
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 11 min Mitt s Airtight D... 319
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 14 min Spirit67_ 25,564
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min dandylioness 151,117
Bill Cosby 17 min Mitt s Airtight D... 241
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 2 hr Mitt s Airtight D... 15

Weird People Search