Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171614 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#107194 Nov 29, 2013
Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen this one?
A Florida woman who was sentenced to 20 years in prison for firing a shot into the wall during a fight with her husband, who she said had abused her. She appealed and is now out on bond.
http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/florida-wo...
I've been following that one with some interest.

One reason we used to teach "NEVER fire warning shots".

(Subtext: when the police get there, make sure the only story they're gonna hear is yours.)

Had she put two in his head, she'd possibly have never seen the inside of a jail.

Almost certainly not, had she been white.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#107195 Nov 29, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Jeri Ryan. Possibly the hottest entity ever poured into a body suit.
Can’t say I really fancied her myself, but my hubby always got particularly amorous after and episode of Voyager, bring on the re-runs

Funny that Enterprise is currently re-running here and Joline Blalock has a similar effect.

I never really watched any of them, except some STNG, Patrick Stewart is weirdly hot, a presence not to be forgotten but I must say I’m really enjoying the re-run of enterprise…
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107197 Nov 29, 2013
(cue 70's guitar music)

Level 6

#107198 Nov 29, 2013
The Dude wrote:
(cue 70's guitar music)
The best time for guitar music for sure
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107199 Nov 29, 2013
Hmm. Dunno who we upset but obviously we made somebody jealous.

Level 6

#107200 Nov 29, 2013
The Dude wrote:
Hmm. Dunno who we upset but obviously we made somebody jealous.
LOL, some people have no taste

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#107201 Nov 29, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Can’t say I really fancied her myself, but my hubby always got particularly amorous after and episode of Voyager, bring on the re-runs
Funny that Enterprise is currently re-running here and Joline Blalock has a similar effect.
I never really watched any of them, except some STNG, Patrick Stewart is weirdly hot, a presence not to be forgotten but I must say I’m really enjoying the re-run of enterprise…
Yah.

Sci-fi fandom - or fendom - is a state of mind. It takes an odd sort of perception.

And Stewart is a classicaly-trained Shakespearean stage actor - he'd be good reading the 'phone book.

Level 6

#107202 Nov 29, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yah.
Sci-fi fandom - or fendom - is a state of mind. It takes an odd sort of perception.
And Stewart is a classicaly-trained Shakespearean stage actor - he'd be good reading the 'phone book.
I met him once in a lift in a hotel on London. His presence is so overpowering he spoke to me and I literally froze,”dar, dar, dar”, I felt so, I don’t know, insignificant.

There is only one other person who has had that effect on me and he is the father of my children.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#107203 Nov 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it wasn't. Zimmerman first followed Martin in his car and called a nonemergency police number to report what he felt was suspicious activity. While on the phone Martin came up to the car and Zimmerman closed his window to avoid a direct confrontation. He then followed Martin while still talking to the operator who said "Okay, we don't need you to do that" at which point Zimmerman said "Yeah" and you can hear in the recording that his breathing changed indicating that he had stopped trying to follow Martin.
At this point Martin had gotten away. No one was following him. He had more than enough time to get home. So what did he do instead? The evidence supported Zimmerman's claim that he was attacked. You can't claim self defense for Martin when it looks like he instigated the attack.
Martin only "started towards the truck", looked and then started skipping away. There is no mention of any window being up or down. That is pure fabrication on your part. The problem is after Zimmerman tell the cops he is returning to his car another 2 minutes go by before the confrontation starts. He had run from his truck to that location in about 20 seconds yet it took 2 minutes for him to cover half the distance back to when the walkways intersect. What was he doing for those 2 minutes. Did decide to stop for a smoke first? Did he take a leak? Did he continuing looking around for the person he had been chasing? Wouldn't you? We know that Martin was in the rear area between the buildings talking on the phone. It was very still out that night and Zimmerman should have heard Martins voice echoing between the buildings before he saw him. I find to hard to believe that Martin could have snuck up on Zimmerman given the location.

Deltona Fla

#107204 Nov 29, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yah.
I want to hear more about the sci-fi femdom movie Stewart was in.

“Rising”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#107205 Nov 29, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I met him once in a lift in a hotel on London. His presence is so overpowering he spoke to me and I literally froze,”dar, dar, dar”, I felt so, I don’t know, insignificant.
There is only one other person who has had that effect on me and he is the father of my children.
Must be the shiny head blinds you, he has no effect on me.
I've seen him act silly, and fail to pull Excalibur from the stone, but he did make a pretty good Guinevere daddy .

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#107206 Nov 29, 2013
Stick to the Subject..TROLLS!!

St. Croix valley

#107207 Nov 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Must be the shiny head blinds you, he has no effect on me.
I've seen him act silly, and fail to pull Excalibur from the stone, but he did make a pretty good Guinevere daddy .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =p8UkRi34H8YXX
something wrong with shiny heads?!

make it so...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107208 Nov 29, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
Stick to the Subject..TROLLS!!
Yup, I agree choc fudge ice cream iz da biz.

St. Croix valley

#107209 Nov 29, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, I agree choc fudge ice cream iz da biz.
partial to real vanilla bean myself...

“Rising”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#107210 Nov 29, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>something wrong with shiny heads?!
make it so...
No I wear sunglasses..lol
Here is almost shiny head that can't make it so...lmao..
http://starwrecked.com/contents/other-parts/N...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#107211 Nov 29, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Martin only "started towards the truck", looked and then started skipping away. There is no mention of any window being up or down. That is pure fabrication on your part. The problem is after Zimmerman tell the cops he is returning to his car another 2 minutes go by before the confrontation starts. He had run from his truck to that location in about 20 seconds yet it took 2 minutes for him to cover half the distance back to when the walkways intersect. What was he doing for those 2 minutes. Did decide to stop for a smoke first? Did he take a leak? Did he continuing looking around for the person he had been chasing? Wouldn't you? We know that Martin was in the rear area between the buildings talking on the phone. It was very still out that night and Zimmerman should have heard Martins voice echoing between the buildings before he saw him. I find to hard to believe that Martin could have snuck up on Zimmerman given the location.
No I didn't:

"A source to the Orlando Sentinel said in May that Zimmerman told investigators that at one point Martin circled his vehicle,[Note 8] and he rolled up his window to avoid a confrontation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Tray...

Zimmerman also made the statement, I keep making the mistake of writing testified and we know he never had to testify in court. And Zimmerman's claim was that he was getting a street address for the police when Martin came back up to him and confronted him. So if I said he snuck up on him I was wrong.

Also Zimmerman told his story several times, including the night that it happened. There were no major discrepancies between his statements and the forensic evidence or the evidence from testimony of observers. He also passed a lie detector test:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/st...

Usually if someone lies one of two things will happen, his story will not match the evidence, or he will change his story substantially since he has to remember his story and not remember the truth. That is very difficult to do. Especially if you were under the stress of just receiving a beating and shooting someone on the night that it happened.

I have said it before, he may not be a particular likable character, but that does not make him guilty.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#107212 Nov 29, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I want to hear more about the sci-fi femdom movie Stewart was in.
Sorry, that was "fen".

"We are the few, the proud, the fen..."

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#107213 Nov 29, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I met James Mason once.

I was maybe 10 years old, and he came to the opening of one of my Dad's plays, at the Abbey Theatre in Dublin.

He shook my hand, greeted me, and asked my name...

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Orlando

#107214 Nov 29, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The best time for guitar music for sure
I kinda like Django Reinhardt as well (1930's & 40's jazz guitarist).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The letter F (Jun '13) 3 min andet1987 918
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 8 min andet1987 103
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 8,735
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Jennifer Renee 12,630
Still many people are watching: Jurassic World 14 min andet1987 1
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 20 min Truths 32,476
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 21 min _Gussie_ 14,563
News Florida man fired up after being told to keep B... 24 min Go Blue Forever 2
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 24 min Denny CranesPlace 42,062
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 46 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,874
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr _Gussie_ 167,006
More from around the web