Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#107112 Nov 28, 2013
If English originated in England like an inventor, they do have that right of ownership. All languages one way or the other are connected to each other, not only English.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#107113 Nov 28, 2013
Therefore, ownership by origination is very correct.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#107114 Nov 28, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>But at what point did Theopods like maz first appear and are they not proof devolution?
Are we not men?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107115 Nov 28, 2013
bohart wrote:
Read that last line by Woodger again,....that's sums you and your ilk up quite nicely.
Their arguments from incredulity are irrelevant. Tell them to go get something peer-reviewed on the subject.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#107116 Nov 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Hey Kong, do the inventors of things do have the right of ownership?
Charles Idemi wrote:
If English originated in England like an inventor, they do have that right of ownership. All languages one way or the other are connected to each other, not only English.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Therefore, ownership by origination is very correct.
The invention is owned by the copyright or patent holder, only if the invention has been copyrighted or patented can the inventor claim ownership.

The law is clear in most countries but there can be problems with countries that are not signed up to the intellectual property alliance

So no, ownership by origination is not correct.

You may feel that it is morally correct that an inventor should own his invention, unfortunately the real world has different ideas.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#107117 Nov 28, 2013
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't heard the six of nine saying before, maybe it's the same sort of thing. Not sure.
Six of Nine was a Star Trek character.
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it is. That was my point - it may be incorrect or imcomplete in that it doesn't offer any proof, but it is an answer.
Yes, I was agreeing that it can be a valid answer, but it depends on the question. In the context of Evolution vs. Creation, it is not.
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>I totally disagree, sorry! Real numbers are all rational and irrerational numbers combined - that includes the negative numbers.
I have never heard of anyone saying dates below 33 AD as being unreal - are you being sarcastic :-)?
My bad, I meant negatives are not natural numbers, and I didn't say 'dates' lower than 33 AD, I said EVENTS. Many of the accounts in the OT and NT are unreal - and no, that is not sarcasm.

Level 6

#107118 Nov 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes, I was agreeing that it can be a valid answer, but it depends on the question. In the context of Evolution vs. Creation, it is not.
<quoted text> My bad, I meant negatives are not natural numbers, and I didn't say 'dates' lower than 33 AD, I said EVENTS. Many of the accounts in the OT and NT are unreal - and no, that is not sarcasm.
Seven of Nine
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107119 Nov 28, 2013
bohart wrote:
Oh Lord! you still haven't grasped the definition of abiogenesis have you? It means how life got here through purely natural means, no God allowed
You still haven't grasped the definition of gravity have you? It means how mass affects mass through purely natural means, no God allowed.

If your argument against abiogenesis is that it is "atheistic" then EVERY explanation for everything EVER is also atheistic, since Jewmagic is not an explanation.

Despite the fact that in reality NOTHING in science makes ANY theological claims.

But if YOU wanna place limits on your god then who am I to stop you.(shrug)
bohart wrote:
and the evidence doesn't support it.
Actually the ONLY thing the evidence supports so far is chemical abiogenesis. Technically speaking whether or not it occurred naturally or with the assistance of Jewish wizardry is not known.

You however claim that some guy who creates universes in his spare time is incapable of chemical abiogenesis. I would like to know how you were to ascertain this being's limitations via the scientific method. Especially since you have a grand total of zero evidence that such a thing even exists.
bohart wrote:
Your idea of evolution is merely adaptation without limits
Wrong.

See the trouble you get into when you make silly statements about science you've never bothered to learn about?

And since you've posted here for YEARS you have no excuse. ESPECIALLY as we TELL you exactly WHAT you got wrong and WHY. Yet you're so stupid you keep repeating this caricature of "random chance vs intelligence", every

single

time.

That is why you fail.
bohart wrote:
and again the evidence shows there are limits.
Of course there's limits. Evolution cannot create 100 foot arthropods. It currently cannot deal with fossils with feathers and three middle-ear bones. It can't do dog giving birth to a cat. There are LOTS of such limitations due to the effects of things like genetic drift, nested hierarchies and physics.

Even constant change over time, which IS a fact, will eventually be prevented when entropy finally catches up to it.

But since that probably won't happen for few million years (barring giant asteroid or world war 3) then there's nothing to stop evolution from occuring, same as it has for 3.5 billion years.
bohart wrote:
I know this will crash upon the rocks of your evolutionary dogmatism.
On the contrary, you know nothing. You are quite literally clueless, and are projecting your own failings onto those you oppose because you don't have the resources to counter us.

Not surprising really since all we do is describe reality.

Level 6

#107120 Nov 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text> My bad, I meant negatives are not natural numbers, and I didn't say 'dates' lower than 33 AD, I said EVENTS. Many of the accounts in the OT and NT are unreal - and no, that is not sarcasm.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Seven of Nine
I suppose there must have been a six too but I donít believe the character was ever characterised

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#107121 Nov 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. Zimmerman heeded 911. He stopped following. Martin came back and attacked. Do you want to go over the evidence?
<quoted text>
Again, wrong. This death had nothing to do with the 911 operators suggestions. Zimmerman heeded them. He stopped following Martin. You can hear it yourself in the transcript. It seems you have only this one argument in your arsenal. You should at least get it right.
As should you.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107122 Nov 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Hey Kong, do the inventors of things do have the right of ownership?
I can pretty much guarantee you that whoever originally invented English is dead. At which point he is released of all rights of ownership of anything and everything.

Sao Paulo

#107123 Nov 28, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Fla has the best bass fishing in the Country. We got fresh and salt water bass. Through the center of the state and across the pan handle is some of the best fresh water bass in the world. But I'm as salt. The Indian River Lagoon is great all year with different catches at different times. But if you really want some fun you go out ocean fishing for something that weighs as much as you do.
Born a fisherman from New England, I loved the 11 years I lived in Miami in terms of fishing. Although an ocean dweller by preference, I did enjoy some decent lake fishing in Central Florida on occasion. But when it comes down to choosing, I'll take saltwater bass over almost any other fresh-water fish, save a few good homegrown river trout.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107124 Nov 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Seven's long lost brother.

Speaking of which, doesn't Bohart kinda remind you of Rom?

Only without the tech savvy.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#107125 Nov 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I suppose there must have been a six too but I donít believe the character was ever characterised
I sit corrected, Seven of Nine. I didn't watch it much. So, I'll digress. Six of One, half dozen of the other (13 in a baker's dozen).

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#107126 Nov 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Seven's long lost brother.
Speaking of which, doesn't Bohart kinda remind you of Rom?
Only without the tech savvy.
uh, no - he reminds me of a hybrid of Landru and Mudd. Not much by way of progress, imagination or ethics, but brimming with a bizarrely cheesy self-righteousness.
Plus, I think the Holy Vestments for religies expecting to 'win' a serious discussion should be a red shirt.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#107127 Nov 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and self defense also doesn't include starting a fight and then pulling a gun when you lose that fight. if zimmerman had stayed in his car, we would not even know their names...
how do you know treyvon instigated the attack? Zim actually admitted to the 911 operator he was following the kid and was told to not continue, which he did. he clearly instigated the whole thing...then he started to lose and ran to his little gun to save his pathetic ass...
Exactly. Many of the jurors have since said they felt Zimmerman was guilty but they could not convict under the way Florida law was written. I would like to a law that considers provocation. If you push a person to the point they feel they must defend themselves you should not be able claim self defense.

“Nothing can stop, This Pony..”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#107128 Nov 28, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. Many of the jurors have since said they felt Zimmerman was guilty but they could not convict under the way Florida law was written. I would like to a law that considers provocation. If you push a person to the point they feel they must defend themselves you should not be able claim self defense.
Self defense is exactly what Zimmerman did, like it or not self defense isn't attacking and grounding someone and proceeding to bash their brains out. Whether Zimmerman was wrong in following Martin is irrelevant to this, and if Martin would have simply gone inside his house the incident would have been forgotten also. This may have been a different case if Zimmerman had thrown the first punch. Look at it this way..reporters do the exact same thing Zimmerman did, we may not like it but we are wrong if we attack them. Maybe they deserve it sometimes, but it wont make it right to do so.

Sao Paulo

#107129 Nov 28, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Every state has it's own laws. In Florida it is ok to shoot someone if they are wearing a hoodie
Ouch. And Lol, but mostly Ouch.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#107130 Nov 28, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Born a fisherman from New England, I loved the 11 years I lived in Miami in terms of fishing. Although an ocean dweller by preference, I did enjoy some decent lake fishing in Central Florida on occasion. But when it comes down to choosing, I'll take saltwater bass over almost any other fresh-water fish, save a few good homegrown river trout.
I like telling people I grew up in Fort Lauderdale but the truth is people in Fort Lauderdale don't actually grow up. Back then fishing was a lot better. There were more fish and less rules. For eating my favorite fish is probably a cat fish. Although grouper and snapper are in there real close also. For sport I have a long running feud going with tarpon. I am not sure which of us is ahead. One time I had a tarpon leave me with about 2 ft of line at 3am in the morning with no stores open to buy any more line at. I had to pack up and go home. I guess we know who won that one.@@#@#*&^&*##@ fish.

Sao Paulo

#107131 Nov 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Are you bringing this up AGAIN?! OK Charles, you win. England ownes English. All languages are connected. Now what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rest in Peace, Spock 3 min Mister_ E 84
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 4 min Grace Nerissa 31,210
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 11 min Red_Forman 2,495
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 13 min Grace Nerissa 39,258
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 20 min Red_Forman 8,141
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 27 min Red_Forman 78,220
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 28 min Red_Forman 7,190
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Good-Evil 157,846
Obama takes control of Internet 7 hr enter username 136
Five Weird Signs You're Smarter Than Average 7 hr Barry 60