Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107005 Nov 27, 2013
bohart wrote:
No! you homicidally stupid moron, that we're here is proof of creation!
No, that we are here is proof that life began, period. That's when you examine the term abiogenesis at its basest level, it MEANS life began.

So far the only scientific hypothesis that has been postulated for HOW that occurred is the gradual development of life through chemical processes. Another alternative has never been proposed.
bohart wrote:
Unless of course you have proof of inanimate matter self organizing into life!
Bo, bo bo bo bo....(sigh)

You claim I am homocidally stupid, but HOW many times have I PERSONALLY informed you that chemistry is NOT inanimate? In fact it is COMPLETELY the opposite. Therefore since you can't HELP but repeatedly make this same mistake over and over again over YEARS of posting, there are only two possibilities:

1 - You are deliberately misrepresenting our position due to your inability to counter it rationally.

2 - You are MONUMENTALLY thick.
bohart wrote:
The only proof you provide is of your own religious stupidity
the puddle people
Projection.

Try again Bo.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107006 Nov 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Fundie logic 101.... all answers are "god did it".
We are failed to be impressed "yawn".
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Six Of One is showing significantly higher cognitive function than any fundie.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107007 Nov 27, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mother is the only thing that has been debunked, crawling out of an army barracks.
Charming. And fundies say that WE'RE the big old meanies.

Seriously though, do you plan on doing anything here other than making lame jokes and insults as well as betraying your complete and total utter lack of science education?

Even a lack of science education wouldn't be so bad, except that you come along and make profoundingly stupid statements while pretending science should give a sh t.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107008 Nov 27, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are still a lying rooster lollypop
Leave the irony meters alone Bo. Remember, God is watching you...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107009 Nov 27, 2013
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
No particular god was specified.
What kind of evidence does a god leave anyhow?
Well that's the problem isn't it?

Whoever proposes it as a scientific hypothesis must be able to make some kind of scientific predictions based on that hypothesis that can be tested. If they can't then the hypothesis must be refined until that can finally happen.

No-one on Earth has been able to do that with the 'God hypothesis' for millenia.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#107010 Nov 27, 2013
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
It reflects a nuetral state of mind (I hope).
You know, as in "6 of one, half dozen of the other".
That may an American saying... it means there is always two ways of looking at something.
:-)
Just wondering, any relation to Six of Nine?

If I ask the question "What is an example of a commonly accepted delusion?", Creation is a valid answer.

Any number lower than zero on a number line is an unreal number. This corresponds to a biblical date line in that many accounts lower than 33 AD are also unreal.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#107011 Nov 27, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that if you have enough goo puddles ,sooner or later one is going to spring to life?
Place your bets!
Worked for you

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#107012 Nov 27, 2013
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
No particular god was specified.
What kind of evidence does a god leave anyhow?
none was needed to be specified, as there is no evidence for any god, gods, or goddesses ever. anywhere. in all the history of man... not one shred.

St. Croix valley

#107013 Nov 27, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Hey woodtick. I was wondering where you had gone off too.
hey Dan. busy getting the family "cabin" ready for winter. first ice coming on the lake there, so trying to do a little dangerous ice fishing...

this site really chews up my gigabytes and i have to use my phone hot spot at the family place...why does this site take so much data? is it all the ads?

Level 6

#107014 Nov 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hey Dan. busy getting the family "cabin" ready for winter. first ice coming on the lake there, so trying to do a little dangerous ice fishing...
this site really chews up my gigabytes and i have to use my phone hot spot at the family place...why does this site take so much data? is it all the ads?
Can you get adblock for your browser?

Saves a load of bandwidth and makes browsing that much faster

St. Croix valley

#107015 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
i do not know. that would be a question for my techy girlfriend...thanx, i'll ask her.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#107016 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like what I need. This site does chew up a lot. And I am on the cable with my own wireless hot spot. Even when I'm plugged directly in it still takes forever for this site to load.

Level 6

#107017 Nov 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i do not know. that would be a question for my techy girlfriend...thanx, i'll ask her.
Definitely worth a try, I was plagued with ads slowing me down until someone, I think it was Thinking suggested it to me. Itís like someone works god magic on your browser.

Level 6

#107018 Nov 27, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like what I need. This site does chew up a lot. And I am on the cable with my own wireless hot spot. Even when I'm plugged directly in it still takes forever for this site to load.
As they say, suck it and see

https://adblockplus.org/

Itís open source so it cost nothing anyway, if it donít work for you then all youíve lost is a few minutes

St. Croix valley

#107019 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely worth a try, I was plagued with ads slowing me down until someone, I think it was Thinking suggested it to me. Itís like someone works god magic on your browser.
wow! huge difference.

GF installed it and this site is waaaaaay faster. i'll have to try using my phone hotspot to see how much bandwith it takes now. i was on this site for a few hours each morning for three days while at the cabin and my phone told me i had used 75% of my 6 gigs for the month! i usually use @ 1.5/month.

Thanx Christine, my ignorance of all things interwebby is quite staggering...

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#107020 Nov 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As they say, suck it and see
https://adblockplus.org/
Itís open source so it cost nothing anyway, if it donít work for you then all youíve lost is a few minutes
Thanks. I will check it out.

“River of tears flowing out of ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

West Plains

#107021 Nov 27, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, few of them seem to realise that we not only accept different things as true, but we have a different process for accepting that anything is true. The funniest example is when someone trots out here and confidently proclaims that Darwin recanted on evolution on his deathbed. As if it would matter! They think it should matter to evolutionists, and we know why it does not matter one iota. The truth or falseness of the death bed story is not even relevant.
Ah yes, as if science would throw its collective arms in the air and say, "Well I guess that is it for us". "Back to the Bronze Age." "The physicists are making bows, the geologists are knapping flint and making pots, the zoologists are out hunting, the botanist are gathering nuts and berries and we left the entomologist to shovel out the night soil". "It's because I study dung beetles isn't it?"

The Darwin recantation is an excellent example that illustrates the vast gap in understanding that creationists and others have with science. The childishness and fear that went into making up the recantation story also illustrate a lack of understanding and conviction that many creationists have for their own beliefs.

Level 6

#107022 Nov 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow! huge difference.
GF installed it and this site is waaaaaay faster. i'll have to try using my phone hotspot to see how much bandwith it takes now. i was on this site for a few hours each morning for three days while at the cabin and my phone told me i had used 75% of my 6 gigs for the month! i usually use @ 1.5/month.
Thanx Christine, my ignorance of all things interwebby is quite staggering...
Glad it helps

Level 9

West Plains

#107023 Nov 27, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That fellow and his buddies live at the Al Ain Zoo, a small city about 120km from Dubai.
I had to look this up as well. Very nice zoo.

The rhinos are impressive animals. Always a favorite of mine, but my zoo doesn't have so many. Seeing an animal of that size and power is intimidating in a way even from behind a barrier. Mammals have come a long way from the small creatures running around the feet of the dinosaurs.

Level 9

West Plains

#107024 Nov 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hey Dan. busy getting the family "cabin" ready for winter. first ice coming on the lake there, so trying to do a little dangerous ice fishing...
Ice fishing. Hmmm. Never tried it. It gets cold here, but we are far enough south that it does get cold enough to make that a regular sport.

I think it is the adds. Something causes my flash player to crash all the time and it slows me down even more. This is one of the slowest sites I visit and also one of the most add-laden.

Good luck fishing and getting the cabin in shape.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The long list of thing I'll never do (Jul '13) 5 min A Noted Ferrerman 301
Why do I awaken with morning wood? (May '10) 5 min DILF 49
What's Your MOTTO "?" 8 min The Geno 37
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 8 min Flower-Child 23,968
why do people enjoy tickling (Jul '10) 9 min -CatCiao- 49
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 10 min Harrison Freebird 17,459
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 11 min AmyFaith 6,932
True or False Game 16 min -CatCiao- 579
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min Wolftracks 149,447
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 31 min Sublime1 22,433