Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205211 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#106913 Nov 25, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
5. Numbers 2, 3, and 4.
And 1.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#106914 Nov 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hi Bo. I see you're still trotting out the same old lie that the theory of evolution depends upon abiogenesis.
Remember, since your answer to quite literally everything and anything is Godmagic you have zero to criticize anything with.
All we need to do is point out that life is here. That's all we need. Since life is here, evolution remains unaffected. This is why we remain unrefuted.
Is it even scientifically POSSIBLE for you to post without being a hypocrite lest the Earth be swallowed up by a black hole?
The only black hole is the infinite idiocy that you possess. So the beginning of your theory , abiogenesis doesn't work, but according to the Dud it doesn't matter. Life is here! now there's the Dud's scientific mind at work.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#106915 Nov 25, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
The only black hole is the infinite idiocy that you possess. So the beginning of your theory , abiogenesis doesn't work, but according to the Dud it doesn't matter. Life is here! now there's the Dud's scientific mind at work.
Hey Bo, since you're still lying and you know it, you KNOW that God's gonna send you to see the horny little red guy with a pitchfork, right?

Since life is here apparently abiogenesis DOES work, and further, the theory of evolution does not rely on abiogenesis. Just like gravity doesn't rely on the origin of mass.

After all if I'M the idiot, surely you could refute me at least ONCE, right? Just one time? Just one itty bitty teeny weeny ickle time?

That's ANOTHER thing to add to your wishlist for when Jesus comes back.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#106916 Nov 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Theopods? What is the etymology of that word:
God feet.
They are most commonly seen walking the neighborhoods assaulting people with their bibles.

“The Ghost in the Darkness”

Since: Nov 13

Sicily, Italy

#106917 Nov 25, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You must be going for a world record for the most socks.
What a loser.
What are you talking about? Does one have to have lunacy to be on this thread or in this forum?

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#106918 Nov 25, 2013
Ghost and Darkness wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Does one have to have lunacy to be on this thread or in this forum?
I just thank God we are not descended from centipedes. Can you imagine what buying shoes for the kids would be like then?

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#106919 Nov 25, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>They are most commonly seen walking the neighborhoods assaulting people with their bibles.
Hey! tell me about your astronomical luck theory,..how anything can happen if you spin the wheel enough times.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#106920 Nov 25, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>They are most commonly seen walking the neighborhoods assaulting people with their bibles.
I saw some theopeds today, in fact. A related new world species with the densest populations found in some western states. In late adolescence the males travel in pairs, develop detachable wheels and take on distinctive markings.(The bottom half is black with white above and a black stripe down the front.)

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#106921 Nov 25, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! tell me about your astronomical luck theory,..how anything can happen if you spin the wheel enough times.
Some people call that "praying."

“Wrath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#106922 Nov 25, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw some theopeds today, in fact. A related new world species with the densest populations found in some western states. In late adolescence the males travel in pairs, develop detachable wheels and take on distinctive markings.(The bottom half is black with white above and a black stripe down the front.)
Theotards?

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#106923 Nov 25, 2013
Wait, creation is an answer to how things started and evolution is an answer to how things change.
Two different questions. What then is the "vs." all about?

“Help religion science wander”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#106924 Nov 25, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I just thank God we are not descended from centipedes. Can you imagine what buying shoes for the kids would be like then?
I wouldn't care to think about it at the current price for a pair of any shoes kids want. Having kids would be a step many would skip I think. Not to put my foot in it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106925 Nov 26, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not anything. But anything within the realm of physics can happen. Even if the odds are slim. Remember that the universe is VAST, therefore somewhere at any given point in time there is SOMETHING occurring that, comparatively speaking, does not happen very often.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106926 Nov 26, 2013
Six_Of_One wrote:
Wait, creation is an answer to how things started and evolution is an answer to how things change.
Two different questions.
Actually Creationism isn't an answer. It gives us a WHO, not a HOW. And it does so without evidence. That's why creationism doesn't make scientific predictions.

That's not to say there definitely is no God. It just means science can't tell because it simply isn't a scientific concept.
Six_Of_One wrote:
What then is the "vs." all about?
Some people have religious objections to reality and don't like the fact that they can only push their baseless religious opinions on their own kids and not everybody else's, so they use politics to get around Constitutional law which prevents them from ruining other people's kids education.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106927 Nov 26, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
To repeat my point, "if its ancient its not primitive", you are confirming my point. In these ruins like Puma Punka, Baalbeck and others we see construction methods using stone that we the "advanced", cant duplicate. Our buildings are very young in relative age, watch what happens to our skyscrapers when there is an earthquake or a fire.
When you research the origin of such places they cant be explained with our science so the sources are what they are, they doc what they see and report. That's not wrong. The one I used fell into that category. If an author wants to take a guess thats his business and doesn't change the basis of my point concerning the facts. Such places are better explained with a Biblical worldview that is, man was advanced from the beginning, has been interrupted by self-destruction or judgements, and then rebounded in cycles.
Oh no! It's the return of SCP! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

:-(
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106928 Nov 26, 2013
Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. So is the Flood story. But so was Piltdown man, and Nebraska Man and Java man. There are crazies on both sides of the fence that make things up to try to support what they follow.
Difference is that on our side we are the ones who falsified those claims. Then creationists lie by saying we STILL use them as examples of evolution even though we were the ones who falsified them, using methods they reject.

We tend to boot out our crazies. Fundies just stay crazy.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106929 Nov 26, 2013
Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
It still would be a local flood and not a world wide flood. Then you have the ark and other stories that don't add up.
And that's why you are a perfect example of one of the crazies you claim not to be. Piltdown was accepted in ONE country. One. And that was BECAUSE they DIDN'T examine it (because they didn't want to). And Nebraska man wasn't accepted by the scientific community as a whole either.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106930 Nov 26, 2013
Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
Show a link or evidence to support your claim. We both know there is no scientific classification for Java man so he cannot be considered a transitional species because they have no clue where he fits in at. Until the java man is just a fossil!
Quite obviously it's a cat.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106931 Nov 26, 2013
MazHere wrote:
The evo flavour that does last longer than a month is hypocrisy.
Whereas with creationism hypocrisy lasts forever...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106932 Nov 26, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually God is light and energy.
Then God is the sun. A somewhat valid metaphor.

Doesn't work so good for invisible Jewish wizards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Oct '15) 2 min SweLL GirL 114
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 3 min SweLL GirL 9,145
News new Women bare breasts for gender equality on G... 3 min wichita-rick 7
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min Grace Nerissa 59,897
Word association (Jun '07) 36 min wichita-rick 5,264
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 46 min KNIGHT DeVINE 197,721
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 1 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 2,980
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 33,279
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 19,849
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 2 hr Sparky 665
More from around the web