Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 5,053)

Showing posts 101,041 - 101,060 of111,872
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
It still would be a local flood and not a world wide flood. Then you have the ark and other stories that don't add up.
Well yeaAahhh. Hench the snark about the gospel truth. Much of the old testament is full of passed down stories that got spun over time but were based on an actual occurrence and laced with miss-interpretations. An example of that is, they have found the ruins of two cities about where Sodom and Gomorra are described to be. They are believed to been the victims of a meteor strike. literally fire from the sky. The entire area is covered with crystal glass that occurs when hot meteor rock ploughs into sand. Geologists say it must have been horrific for anyone there at the time. They said it would have been comparable to Pompeii when the volcano started raining down. People of the time came up with the best explanation for the occurrence as they could. Sodom and Gomorra must have done something to piss off God.

“Get Extreme or Go Home. ”

Since: Nov 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Even the darkest hour still only has sixty minutes. How long it last's in life is up to us.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
Their big mistake with Java man was to try to label it as a transitional. Which didn't pan out.
What??!

What have you been smoking? Of course it is a transitional fossil. In fact it has been identified as a transitional fossil by creationists themselves.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What??!
What have you been smoking? Of course it is a transitional fossil. In fact it has been identified as a transitional fossil by creationists themselves.
I haven't been smoking anything but have been reading(to name one) the wiki bible everyone swears by.

Until older human remains were discovered in the Great Rift Valley in Kenya, Dubois' and Koenigswald's discoveries were the oldest hominid remains ever found. Some scientists of the day suggested[5] Dubois' Java Man as a potential intermediate form between modern humans and the common ancestor we share with the other great apes. The current consensus of anthropologists is that the direct ancestors of modern humans were African populations of Homo erectus (possibly Homo ergaster), rather than the Asian populations exemplified by Java Man and Peking Man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Man

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been smoking anything but have been reading(to name one) the wiki bible everyone swears by.
Until older human remains were discovered in the Great Rift Valley in Kenya, Dubois' and Koenigswald's discoveries were the oldest hominid remains ever found. Some scientists of the day suggested[5] Dubois' Java Man as a potential intermediate form between modern humans and the common ancestor we share with the other great apes. The current consensus of anthropologists is that the direct ancestors of modern humans were African populations of Homo erectus (possibly Homo ergaster), rather than the Asian populations exemplified by Java Man and Peking Man.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Man
And your article supports my claim.

Do you even know what a transitional fossil is?

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the problem is that she thinks she knows what a transitional fossil is, while this understanding is incomplete or wrong.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
A transitional fossil is supposedly a fossil that exhibits traits of groups of which it came from and to what it became.

As my article stated,

Some scientists of the day suggested Dubois' Java Man as a potential intermediate form between modern humans and the common ancestor we share with the other great apes.

And it also stated,

The current consensus of anthropologists is that the direct ancestors of modern humans were African populations of Homo erectus (possibly Homo ergaster), "rather" than the Asian populations exemplified by Java Man and Peking Man.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
A transitional fossil is supposedly a fossil that exhibits traits of groups of which it came from and to what it became.
As my article stated,
Some scientists of the day suggested Dubois' Java Man as a potential intermediate form between modern humans and the common ancestor we share with the other great apes.
And it also stated,
The current consensus of anthropologists is that the direct ancestors of modern humans were African populations of Homo erectus (possibly Homo ergaster), "rather" than the Asian populations exemplified by Java Man and Peking Man.
So it can still be a transitional form.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>So it can still be a transitional form.
I guess that depends on what scientists say it is and whether or not you want to believe that scientists. There will be scientists that say no and others that say yes. Same as there will be people that believe the scientists that says yes and there will be people that believe the scientists that says no.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

To try to clear this up for you. The actual descent may have occurred in Africa. Since Java man is also an example of Homo erectus, which is a species that man descended from any Homo erectus fossil anywhere on the Earth would be a transitional species whether or not it was the actual species that we descended from.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that depends on what scientists say it is and whether or not you want to believe that scientists. There will be scientists that say no and others that say yes. Same as there will be people that believe the scientists that says yes and there will be people that believe the scientists that says no.
Then find a scientist that actually says no. You haven't done that yet.

And please, no creatards. They clearly do not count.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just your conjecture.

It fits the definition of transitional form. Anthropologists may not accept it as being a direct ancestor to modern man, but I haven't seen anything that says they no longer consider it a transitional form.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>So it can still be a transitional form.
When you read this,

"The current consensus of anthropologists is that the direct ancestors of modern humans were African populations of Homo erectus (possibly Homo ergaster), "rather" than the Asian populations exemplified by Java Man and Peking Man."

What do you perceive out of that about it currently being seen as a transitional fossil?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Then find a scientist that actually says no. You haven't done that yet.
And please, no creatards. They clearly do not count.
From the same article.

When you read this,

"The current consensus of anthropologists is that the direct ancestors of modern humans were African populations of Homo erectus (possibly Homo ergaster), "rather" than the Asian populations exemplified by Java Man and Peking Man."

What do you perceive out of that about it currently being seen as a transitional fossil?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
When you read this,
It is pretty clear that both of us see that as supporting our claims.

Put it this way, does it say that the African species of Homo erectus is a different species than the Asian fossils?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Put it this way, does it say that the African species of Homo erectus is a different species than the Asian fossils?
Lets break it down.

"rather" than the Asian populations exemplified by Java Man and Peking Man."

"rather" than

"rather"

Now hook that all up and tell me what you get!
davy

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

So it doesn't seem as scientific as a story about a talking snake?
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
BS, is not an appropriate reply. Every time you look deeper into the genome you find restrictions to an orgaisms ability to adapt. Your wish list was to find beneficial mutations helping others along and more beneficial mutations than deleterious ones, you did not want to find a deteriorating genome. Where is your good news?
Despite all your biased and flawed research your data does nothing to bolster your claims but does bolster mine. Boo Hoo for you, like it or not. Your spamming won't change anything.
If humans and gorillas are 98% similar by some comparison, how can a credible chimp and gorilla comparison score less than this?
Comparative genomics is rubbish and based on false algorithmic magic that is only evidence of a prevailing bias, not reality.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
When you read this,
I see a statement that anthropologists agree that H. erectus is considered our direct ancestors. This does not change the fact that the populations from Indonesia are transitional forms. Transitional forms do not need to be directly ancestral to a species to be such.

I take it that you read this and consider Java man is no longer a transitional form. That would be incorrect based on the definition of transitional form and is not what the text says.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets break it down.
"rather" than the Asian populations exemplified by Java Man and Peking Man."
"rather" than
"rather"
Now hook that all up and tell me what you get!
Again, it specifies one population as being directly ancestral and the other is not. This does not render it no longer a transtional form. This consensus does not remove the ancestral and derived characters that make it so.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what he is missing SZ. Other than holding his hand, I don't think either of us could make it more clear.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101,041 - 101,060 of111,872
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

171 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 3 min quilterqueen 768
what are you wearing? (Mar '12) 3 min night machine 172
Add a word and drop a word 6 min cretin56 920
What's your tip for the day? 8 min Ozzie 15
A six word game (Dec '08) 9 min quilterqueen 17,135
30,000 post wins (May '13) 10 min Hatti_Hollerand 614
In honor of princess hey 10 min night machine 168
What is the meaning of life? 14 min Ozzie 37
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min greymouser 140,415