Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222271 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Gulgong, Australia

#106591 Nov 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It maybe evidence we are indeed descendants of arboreal monkeys.
You'd have to look more like a monkey than me to suggest a chimp is genetically more similar to mankind than a monkey or gorilla.

Are you a Monkey head? Do you express the missing the missing oxygen molecule as well? Tick for both, you pass for a great example of the missing link. Keep talking and you'll get a tick for evidence for intermediate intelligence between Ardis relos and you. 3 out of 3. Well done!

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Gulgong, Australia

#106592 Nov 23, 2013
I see the ego strokers are out hoping with enough spam, unfounded accusations and ridicule they will sweep the obvious away.

Current research data runs counter to what was expected by evos. The data is more supportive of a creationist paradigm than an evolutionary, limitless ability to adapt, scenario.

Evos simply have no more than evolutionary assumptions to suggest that the genome can adapt from microbe to man against all odds. eg negative epistasis, majority deleterious mutations, deteriorating genome, breeders never being able to breed dino sized dogs etc etc.

The nonsense around chimps being genomically more similar to man than a chimp is to a gorilla or monkey, is just the icing on the cake in showing how ridiculous evos algorithmic magic has become.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#106593 Nov 23, 2013
MazHere wrote:
I see the ego strokers are out hoping with enough spam, unfounded accusations and ridicule they will sweep the obvious away.
Current research data runs counter to what was expected by evos. The data is more supportive of a creationist paradigm than an evolutionary, limitless ability to adapt, scenario.
Evos simply have no more than evolutionary assumptions to suggest that the genome can adapt from microbe to man against all odds. eg negative epistasis, majority deleterious mutations, deteriorating genome, breeders never being able to breed dino sized dogs etc etc.
The nonsense around chimps being genomically more similar to man than a chimp is to a gorilla or monkey, is just the icing on the cake in showing how ridiculous evos algorithmic magic has become.
BS.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Gulgong, Australia

#106594 Nov 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
BS.
BS, is not an appropriate reply. Every time you look deeper into the genome you find restrictions to an orgaisms ability to adapt. Your wish list was to find beneficial mutations helping others along and more beneficial mutations than deleterious ones, you did not want to find a deteriorating genome. Where is your good news?

Despite all your biased and flawed research your data does nothing to bolster your claims but does bolster mine. Boo Hoo for you, like it or not. Your spamming won't change anything.

If humans and gorillas are 98% similar by some comparison, how can a credible chimp and gorilla comparison score less than this?

Comparative genomics is rubbish and based on false algorithmic magic that is only evidence of a prevailing bias, not reality.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#106595 Nov 23, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to look more like a monkey than me to suggest a chimp is genetically more similar to mankind than a monkey or gorilla.
Are you a Monkey head? Do you express the missing the missing oxygen molecule as well? Tick for both, you pass for a great example of the missing link. Keep talking and you'll get a tick for evidence for intermediate intelligence between Ardis relos and you. 3 out of 3. Well done!
Only self licking ice cream cone heads can think the way you do, so my advice to you is simple.

A clue...you might want to look into it.

If you are trying to make some point , you're terribly unsuccessful.
Your reading comprehension is shot to hell, and your knowledge sorely lacking. I can only guess you are a poe , all other explanations lead to moron, I refrain fro thinking that you're truly a moron. Though I could be wrong.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#106596 Nov 23, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that explains it, especially as any hurry up done in the lab results in legs hanging off drosophila heads or a drop in fitness!
What you should say is your algorithmic magic that is always falsified over time can still be manipulated to support the prevailing bias, and has some guesswork to offer everyone.
"Comparisons of the map of each cluster’s network in each species plainly showed that certain connections exist in humans but not chimps. In the cortex, for example, 17.4% of the connections were specific to humans, Geschwind and co-workers reported in the 21 November 2006 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences."
http://natzraya.com/New%20Folder/HumanApeDNA....
No doubt your researchers are able to continue the prevailing bias, given they have so many brains from our unknown and yet to be discovered chimp common ancestors.
The point is Aura, non human apes have different molecular machinery to mankind. Just because scientists can stain a hand full of enzymes and hammer a load of fragments into a biased alignment does not mean 'sameness'.
Difference Between Humans And Apes Linked To A Missing Oxygen Atom
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/09/...
http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/comm/steen/cogweb/...
DaaaAAaaamn!!!! And you accuse others of spamming

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#106597 Nov 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The Angles, Saxons, and Jutes are also known as the English. Name one place in mainland Europe, where English is taken as first language?
Gibraltar. Laffin.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#106598 Nov 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> An inventor must compulsorily have the right of ownership, true or false?
False. Ask Tesla.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#106599 Nov 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!!!
What's wrong with Conservapedia? They have come up with some very innovative explanations of life. For example take this article with a unique idea that explains how life may have returned to Australia after the flood. Ooh, and a video that helps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4mjmGbfyPPUXX&list=PLAC34 81305829426D
http://www.conservapedia.com/Post-Diluvian_Di...
*headdesk*

Ow.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#106600 Nov 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
BTW, whoever put spam, clueless and nuts on RP's post can just STFU.
I may not get on too well with RP, but I agree. And I see yours was judged the same.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Gulgong, Australia

#106601 Nov 23, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>DaaaAAaaamn!!!! And you accuse others of spamming
Actually that article is written by evolutionists as is the one relating to different molecular machinery. If you want to call evolutionary researchers work and claims spam, you are more than welcome to do so, oh bright one! LOL!

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Gulgong, Australia

#106602 Nov 23, 2013
Another page about to be spammed by evos that want to keep as far away from science as they can until they can when their rhetoric is exposed.

Every time evos look deeper into the genome they find restrictions to an orgaisms ability to adapt. Your wish list was to find beneficial mutations helping others along and more beneficial mutations than deleterious ones. Evos did not want to find a deteriorating genome. Evos did want to find evolutionary refuse. Where is your good news?

Despite all your biased and flawed research your data does nothing to bolster your claims but does bolster mine. Boo Hoo for you, like it or not. Your spamming won't change anything.

If humans and gorillas are 98% similar by some comparison, how can a credible chimp and gorilla comparison score less than this?

Comparative genomics is rubbish and based on false algorithmic magic that is only evidence of a prevailing bias, not reality.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#106603 Nov 23, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
BS, is not an appropriate reply. Every time you look deeper into the genome you find restrictions to an orgaisms ability to adapt. Your wish list was to find beneficial mutations helping others along and more beneficial mutations than deleterious ones, you did not want to find a deteriorating genome. Where is your good news?
Despite all your biased and flawed research your data does nothing to bolster your claims but does bolster mine. Boo Hoo for you, like it or not. Your spamming won't change anything.
If humans and gorillas are 98% similar by some comparison, how can a credible chimp and gorilla comparison score less than this?
Comparative genomics is rubbish and based on false algorithmic magic that is only evidence of a prevailing bias, not reality.
BS is an appropriate reply to pretty much everything you post.

You mutilate science like some sort of psychotic butcher. You turn meat of science into spam.

I think you should stop gorging on spam and get some meat.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#106604 Nov 23, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that article is written by evolutionists as is the one relating to different molecular machinery. If you want to call evolutionary researchers work and claims spam, you are more than welcome to do so, oh bright one! LOL!
It is still spam. Don't matter where you got it from. You incessantly copy and paste. That is spamming. I suspect you do it because you are incapable of expressing any original thoughts of your own.

“Get Extreme or Go Home. ”

Since: Nov 13

United States

#106605 Nov 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!!!
What's wrong with Conservapedia? They have come up with some very innovative explanations of life. For example take this article with a unique idea that explains how life may have returned to Australia after the flood. Ooh, and a video that helps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4mjmGbfyPPUXX&list=PLAC34 81305829426D
http://www.conservapedia.com/Post-Diluvian_Di...
That's funny. So is the Flood story. But so was Piltdown man, and Nebraska Man and Java man. There are crazies on both sides of the fence that make things up to try to support what they follow.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#106606 Nov 23, 2013
MazHere wrote:
Another page about to be spammed by evos that want to keep as far away from science as they can until they can when their rhetoric is exposed.
Every time evos look deeper into the genome they find restrictions to an orgaisms ability to adapt. Your wish list was to find beneficial mutations helping others along and more beneficial mutations than deleterious ones. Evos did not want to find a deteriorating genome. Evos did want to find evolutionary refuse. Where is your good news?
Despite all your biased and flawed research your data does nothing to bolster your claims but does bolster mine. Boo Hoo for you, like it or not. Your spamming won't change anything.
If humans and gorillas are 98% similar by some comparison, how can a credible chimp and gorilla comparison score less than this?
Comparative genomics is rubbish and based on false algorithmic magic that is only evidence of a prevailing bias, not reality.
You are so full of spam I bet your head has a pull back tab on it. Your dress label says Hormel. You have wet dreams about being sandwiched. Your favorite color is mustard. Most men would rather throw you in than garbage than eat you. You are covered with a layer of jellied fat.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#106607 Nov 23, 2013
Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. So is the Flood story. But so was Piltdown man, and Nebraska Man and Java man. There are crazies on both sides of the fence that make things up to try to support what they follow.
Boy, you sure mix up your stories. You refer to three different finds. Nebraska Man was a mistake that was blown out or proportion by the press but was never accepted by the scientists at that time or at any time. It was quickly corrected . Piltdownman was a hoax that was perpetrated on evolutionists, it was never well accepted either and was debunked by scientists. Java man was a legitimate find. The first case of Homo erectus found, many different examples have been found all over the world and in Java too.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#106608 Nov 23, 2013
Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. So is the Flood story. But so was Piltdown man, and Nebraska Man and Java man. There are crazies on both sides of the fence that make things up to try to support what they follow.
There is some evidence the flood story my be based on the flooding of the area that is now occupied by the Black Sea. Large numbers of ruins have been found under the sea. It is believed the ocean level may have risen and spilled through a valley creating the Bosporus and flooding the valley beyond. But as we all know, as stories get retold tell become embellished. And that is the Gospel truth.

“Get Extreme or Go Home. ”

Since: Nov 13

United States

#106609 Nov 23, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>There is some evidence the flood story my be based on the flooding of the area that is now occupied by the Black Sea. Large numbers of ruins have been found under the sea. It is believed the ocean level may have risen and spilled through a valley creating the Bosporus and flooding the valley beyond. But as we all know, as stories get retold tell become embellished. And that is the Gospel truth.
It still would be a local flood and not a world wide flood. Then you have the ark and other stories that don't add up.

“Get Extreme or Go Home. ”

Since: Nov 13

United States

#106610 Nov 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, you sure mix up your stories. You refer to three different finds. Nebraska Man was a mistake that was blown out or proportion by the press but was never accepted by the scientists at that time or at any time. It was quickly corrected . Piltdownman was a hoax that was perpetrated on evolutionists, it was never well accepted either and was debunked by scientists. Java man was a legitimate find. The first case of Homo erectus found, many different examples have been found all over the world and in Java too.
Java man suffers from poor presentation and interpretation. And I do think all three, at one time, all had the scientific community backing as the real deal even if later they were found as a hoax from bone staining to teeth being filed down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll It's been a good week for Troll removal! (Jun '13) 6 min Goku Black 160
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 21 min BITTERSWEET GOODBYES 11,063
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 26 min BITTERSWEET GOODBYES 33,509
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 27 min BITTERSWEET GOODBYES 17,379
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 29 min BITTERSWEET GOODBYES 8,471
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 39 min T Bone 222,247
Change-one-of-six-letters (Oct '15) 1 hr SweLL GirL 15
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr Rosa 25,528
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 5 hr whatimeisit 9,348
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 7 hr Bovenzi13 5,524
More from around the web