Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222984 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#106525 Nov 22, 2013
MazHere wrote:
Credentialled researchers know the difference between demonstrating evolutionary change above species level and not.
So credentialled researchers don't know the difference between demonstrating evolutionary change above species level and not while credentialled researchers don't know the difference between demonstrating evolutionary change above species level and not?
MazHere wrote:
The biggest evo bluster of the majority flop was, the evolutionary claim of left over non functional 'junk' dna. Another belly buster that now supports a creationist paradigm!
Uh, Maz? You just contradicted yourself again.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#106526 Nov 22, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with to many religions is they are afraid to admit they are ever wrong about anything. decent and difference of opinion are simply not permitted. That fact that evolution exists is not proof that God does not. However there is hope for you yet. Is not Devine Design simply saying that evolution is part of Gods nature?
Ah, but Maz says the Almighty God Lord and Creator who poofs entire universes into existence in His spare time... has limits. Great big limits. MASSIVE limits. HUGE limits. MONUMENTAL limits. That only Maz can explain. Except that Maz can't explain. In fact explaining is something of an anathema to Maz.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#106527 Nov 22, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
If my posts were as stupid as you claim you evowafflers would like nothing better than to post or speak to the misreprentation or post your so called empirical evidence.
Don't you worry, Oh smart one, we creos are laughing in the background, and no words need be further spoken.

Speaking of hand waving, again you look like a Dodo bird trying to achieve flight.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#106528 Nov 22, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I don't mind. I enjoy both history and architecture. In fact my plans for this weekend include taking a tour of the Stetson Mansion in Deland.
I don't mind sidetracks either, sometimes learn interesting stuff and it's a distraction from the repetitive bull we've refuted from fundies a million times over. Never heard of Stetson Mansion befo but from the pics it sure looks pretty.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#106529 Nov 22, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
A testable and falsifiable hypothesis can be drawn for any scenario, just as well as any hypthesis that relies on the absurd story of elements organizing themselves into a complex factory of reproduction and entropy can.
This sort of rubbish you post doesn't debunk anything I calim except in the deep realms of your deluded mind.
How does falsified claims of evolutionary junk support TOE, the predictionless story, better than a creationist paradigm? DER, wil be your response.
How does negative epistasis, majority deleterious mutations and a deteriorating genome support an organisms ability to adpt without limits better than the creo claim and prediction of limited adaptability?
How does tetrapods suddenly appearing in the fossil 395mya better support the possibility of a transition to land better than energy being turned into matter, on a great scale, as per one of the laws of physics?
Etc etc etc.....to all of my 4 claims.
Evolutionists have been reduced to spam. That is the ultimate end to you evos after all your quacking about this 'science' of yours. Off you go into your evopenchant of evasion and reply with more spam.
I met a delicious mutant once who believed in tastyable falixable hypnosis. She supported my orgasmic ability and really blew me away.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Gulgong, Australia

#106531 Nov 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So credentialled researchers don't know the difference between demonstrating evolutionary change above species level and not while credentialled researchers don't know the difference between demonstrating evolutionary change above species level and not?
<quoted text>
Uh, Maz? You just contradicted yourself again.
You're a boohead that thinks spam is smart.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#106532 Nov 22, 2013
MazHere wrote:
A testable and falsifiable hypothesis can be drawn for any scenario, just as well as any hypthesis that relies on the absurd story of elements organizing themselves into a complex factory of reproduction and entropy can.
The theory of evolution does not rely on abiogenesis.
MazHere wrote:
This sort of rubbish you post doesn't debunk anything I calim except in the deep realms of your deluded mind.
Bub, you were debunked LONG before you started posting here, then it happened again when you first showed up. Then it happened again when you did your reappearing Jesus act.

Seriously there is nothing you can present to us which you can support without lying. That's the difference between us and fundies.
MazHere wrote:
How does falsified claims of evolutionary junk support TOE, the predictionless story, better than a creationist paradigm? DER, wil be your response.
No, my response will be that you just contradicted yourself again. And the fact that you already know we've refuted your claims.

Just like a million other fundies all you will do is ignore it and repeat the same old refuted arguments and act as if no-one's dealt with it before. But what you WON'T do is address OUR points.
MazHere wrote:
How does negative epistasis, majority deleterious mutations and a deteriorating genome support an organisms ability to adpt without limits better than the creo claim and prediction of limited adaptability?
Because no matter what, you can always add +1.

Unless you're a YEC.

You just told us you weren't.

Oh, and by the way, you just contradicted yourself again. While putting God in His place while you were at it. I'm sure He takes you seriously.(snicker)
MazHere wrote:
How does tetrapods suddenly appearing in the fossil 395mya better support the possibility of a transition to land better than energy being turned into matter, on a great scale, as per one of the laws of physics?
Because it was found using evolutionary predictions. WE found it. YOU didn't. PLUS it had the characteristics WE said it did.

Sure, you can claim all you like that the fossil record is actually a record of multiple periodic magical poofing and claim there are no precursors or antecedents, IF you ignore the rest of the fossil record as a whole.

And the bit about there being no evidence of Jewmagic.
MazHere wrote:
Etc etc etc.....to all of my 4 claims.
Your claims were dealt with yesterday. And weeks ago. And months. And years.
MazHere wrote:
Evolutionists have been reduced to spam. That is the ultimate end to you evos after all your quacking about this 'science' of yours. Off you go into your evopenchant of evasion and reply with more spam.
You quite literally copy-paste arguments we refuted both recently and long ago, because fundies are notorious for their severe memory loss.

Keep lying Maz. I'm sure God is proud.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#106533 Nov 22, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
Hay Dude, your last name isn't Labowski is it?
Ya never know.

One thing is certain. The Dude abides!
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#106534 Nov 22, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
This above is spam, Dude. If you wish to claim any misrepresentation, or my inability to present empirical research for any claim or example I have offered, take your foot out of your mouth and be specific instead of raving and waffling with your ridicule and opinions.
Already did.(shrug)

Been waiting for years for you to address it.

Take your time.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#106535 Nov 22, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
You ought to go tell these silly evos that offer examples no more change above species level than the differences in race or breed as examples of evolution, they are boofheads, then hadn't you??? DER!
Except of course they are examples of evolution. Evolution posits that life changes over time. It does. What you need to do now is FOR ONCE back up your claims, and demonstrate to all of us that the Earth is only 6,000 years old using scientific evidence.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#106536 Nov 22, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
If my posts were as stupid as you claim
Not a claim. Observable fact. Still waiting for you to address your lies and contradictions. But that won't do, so why not post the same bollox we've already refuted time and time again then?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#106537 Nov 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, observed. Remember?
116 pyramids. Count 'em.
By the way, I see your linkys are getting better. UFO conspiracy theorists? What's next, Conservapedia?
My money's on Von Daniken.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#106539 Nov 22, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a boohead that thinks spam is smart.
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6729939968/hBB5B...

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#106540 Nov 22, 2013
I recently lost a 28 year old nephew to a stroke. He was very athletic, in college and the military. It made me realize why the hellll did I waste sooo much time on here discussing/arguing about how the fck we got here or how we got to where we are at. Life is about living it and enjoying all you can while you can. It can be gone in an instant and we never know when. I have said it before and I will say it again; you better believe I have questioned the man above many many times. You all have a good one and best to you all.

Keep your [email protected] comments and pity shyt to yourself. I am not looking for and don't want either.

Deltona Fla

#106541 Nov 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya never know.
One thing is certain. The Dude abides!
Bowl on Dude. You the man.

Deltona Fla

#106543 Nov 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind sidetracks either, sometimes learn interesting stuff and it's a distraction from the repetitive bull we've refuted from fundies a million times over. Never heard of Stetson Mansion befo but from the pics it sure looks pretty.
It is just a few blocks from Stetson U. Around Christmas each year for about a month they open it for tours. I wonder if they will give me a discount if I wear my Stetson hat.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Gulgong, Australia

#106544 Nov 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
I can beat that!

http://mightymag.org/category/cartoons/evolut...

Too bad you have been reduced a research less troll supporting a theory with the predictive capability of a crystal ball..
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#106545 Nov 22, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Bowl on Dude. You the man.
Sláinte.

(raises glass)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#106546 Nov 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
I recently lost a 28 year old nephew to a stroke. He was very athletic, in college and the military. It made me realize why the hellll did I waste sooo much time on here discussing/arguing about how the fck we got here or how we got to where we are at.
We do it to waste time, as enjoyed time is not really wasted time. Plus we do it because fundies are actively trying to ruin education and make the world more like Iran, because they're pissed that they don't have the power the theocrats over there do.

Eventually at some point in our lives we will all lose someone close, so as someone who's also been there my condolences on your nephew.

Deltona Fla

#106547 Nov 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sláinte.
(raises glass)
just back at-cha.(lights joint, drops spark in lap, drives car into garbage can trying to put it out)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oh [email protected]: Roadside defecation ends in disaster 3 min Rick Perry s Closet 19
what's your favorite animal? (May '10) 30 min -Sprocket- 334
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 31 min -Sprocket- 150,616
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 44 min rainmaker2016 4,180
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 52 min Rose_NoHo 2,336
Word association (Jun '07) 57 min texas pete 7,101
News JonBenet Ramsey murder: Bizarre elements behind... (Sep '16) 59 min Camel Lot 47
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr I Am Enzo - The B... 225,320
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr I Am Enzo - The B... 30,850
More from around the web