Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221490 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#106445 Nov 21, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's always been your stand.
Don'cha talk about anything else?
:-/
English originated in England, true or false?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#106446 Nov 21, 2013
Charles, I challenge you to find ANYONE on the internet, ANYWHERE in the world, that will agree with you that "England *OWNS* English". Or France OWNS French, or Spain/Spanish, etc.

ANYBODY ON THE INTERNET.

Go!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#106447 Nov 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> English originated in England, yes or no?
No one is disputing that, numbnutz. But the English do NOT own the language.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#106448 Nov 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What i said about England is true, if you hate to hear or see that simply ignore it and move on.
Half true. And I don't hate it. I think it damn funny that you have such a hard time with such a simple concept.

Level 2

Location hidden

#106450 Nov 21, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
Charles, I challenge you to find ANYONE on the internet, ANYWHERE in the world, that will agree with you that "England *OWNS* English". Or France OWNS French, or Spain/Spanish, etc.
ANYBODY ON THE INTERNET.
Go!
Ofcourse they will accept ownership by origination.

Level 2

Location hidden

#106451 Nov 21, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Half true. And I don't hate it. I think it damn funny that you have such a hard time with such a simple concept.
Not a simple concept, it can not originate in a place where English is taken as third or second language or not even spoken at all...

Orlando

#106452 Nov 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Ofcourse they will accept ownership by origination.
So find them, and post a link to them swing us that he/she/they agree with your insane notion.

You just saying that these other people will agree with you is not good enough.

Level 2

Location hidden

#106453 Nov 21, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Not simple. How can English originated in a place where it is not taken as a native language?

Orlando

#106454 Nov 21, 2013
*SHOWING*

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#106456 Nov 21, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
There ARE no challenges. All that's happening is that you're denying reality, we're pointing that out, then you ignore it then lie a lot. This is why you're having so much trouble.
<quoted text>
What you think is irrelevant to reality. But then you don't even think which puts you at an even greater disadvantage.
<quoted text>
If this were true you would not be a creationist. Fact is you aren't qualified to criticize science from even a laymen's level.
<quoted text>
BS. Which is why you are a hypocrite
<quoted text>
This has no bearing at all on the validity of evolutionary biology.
<quoted text>
If that's the case then how come no creationist on the planet has been able to falsify it yet? How come you're not able to present a single shred of evidence?
Your problem is that your objections, rooted in theological apologetics, are based on foundations you cannot support, thus totally undercutting any and all arguments you might have. Our foundations are based on the axioms that reality is real and magic Jews are not scientifically demonstrable.
That's why we win all the time.
When you come to us with a PC that runs on Jewmagic then you can say 'I told you so'.
<quoted text>
Your experience is nil since you have demonstrated nothing except for your extreme lack of science education. How does a global flood drown everybody when temperatures reach 10,000 degrees?
Don't worry, ignore reality and just say that a global flood happened anyway despite ZERO evidence to support it and TONS of evidence against. Evidence doesn't matter when you argue for invisible Jewish magic anyway.
I see you had no answer for the facts of geology I posted about the rifts, Old earth Ox 16/18, M0-1, Ion powered flagella motors or the Foraman Ovale, and thats just this weeks topics ignored. No issue at all for you but no answers? Must be coming up empty on talkorigins.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#106457 Nov 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Ten whole tons, wow.
Some of the stone blocks weigh 100 Tons, and there are a few that weigh 200 Tons. That is 200,000 Pounds and 400,000 Pounds respectively.
I have been involved in Heavy Rigging and Heavy Lifting of things weighing in excess of 100,000 Pounds and once a 1 Million Pound Lift.
A Full Size Car weighs less than 2 Tons. Try squashing 50 Cadillacs, engines, transmissions and all into one block and lifting it.
You are talking Monster Modern Equipment to lift that much weight. Watching the load go up is like watching grass grow.
At 50 Tons Steel Cable Slings cut into the edges of a steel object being lifted. Steel Cables as much as one and a half inches to 2 inches thick stretch and saw into the object, so we use "Softeners" made of Oak Wood around the edges.
The 100 Ton Stone Blocks in the Pyramids are perfect all around the edges, displaying NO signs of damage from lifting or prying. Our Modern Cranes and cables would do serious damage to the Stone Blocks. Even using "Softeners," the odds are near 100% there would be damage to the Stone Blocks
Supernatural is two words put together, Super and Natural. Of Course there is, and always has been Magic, as you call it.
Saw a paper suggesting they pumped a concrete slurry up into forms. Chem analysis on the blocks was pretty convincing. At any rate the pyramids confound evolution that suggests older man was primitive, such older-man building the most architecturally largest and most sound buildings ever known, that are also the oldest.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#106458 Nov 21, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you had no answer for the facts of geology I posted about the rifts, Old earth Ox 16/18, M0-1, Ion powered flagella motors or the Foraman Ovale, and thats just this weeks topics ignored. No issue at all for you but no answers? Must be coming up empty on talkorigins.
Geology is my specialty. Why not ask me those questions?

Did you see how easy it was to demolish that crazy hydroplate theory?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#106459 Nov 21, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw a paper suggesting they pumped a concrete slurry up into forms. Chem analysis on the blocks was pretty convincing. At any rate the pyramids confound evolution that suggests older man was primitive, such older-man building the most architecturally largest and most sound buildings ever known, that are also the oldest.
No one has claimed that bronze age man was primitive. And that knowledge has not been lost no matter what a bunch of pyramid nuts claim. Nor are those blocks that difficult to move.

Again, you don't understand either what the ancient Egyptians were like or what the theory of evolution says.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#106460 Nov 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The same with all world languages, English is not an exception. English originated in England as well as ownership, that has always been my stand ever, idiot.
Ownership of a language is impossible, itís like claiming that you own the air you breathe. Language is intangible and intangibles can only be owned under intellectual property rules. No such rules exist for language.

As for originating, I have shown you many examples to disprove this. Even the word English derived from the old German and originated with the angles, saxons and jute settlers.

And what do we get in return, ignorance of the very facts that are presented to you and pure incredulity that such facts can exist when you have a differing opinion

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#106461 Nov 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Idiot. And that has nothing to do with England' s origination of the English language.
Idiot - ignorant person, from Old French idiote, from Latin idiota, from Greek idiote
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106462 Nov 22, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
It's fine, we can ignore it since we refuted it months ago.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106463 Nov 22, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, anything that occurred during human history in the past few thousand years has NO bearing at all on the validity of evolution. Second we've built bigger. They had to build pyramids because they couldn't make skyscrapers.

Remind us again how evidence is relevant to Jewmagic?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#106465 Nov 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Not a simple concept, it can not originate in a place where English is taken as third or second language or not even spoken at all...
No shit. Origination is NOT synonymous with ownership.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#106466 Nov 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Not simple. How can English originated in a place where it is not taken as a native language?
Origination is NOT synonymous with ownership.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#106467 Nov 22, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw a paper suggesting they pumped a concrete slurry up into forms. Chem analysis on the blocks was pretty convincing.
From the New York Times article on the subject:

Zahi Hawass, head of the Supreme Council of Antiquities in Egypt, minced no words in assailing the concrete idea. "It's highly stupid," he said via a spokesman. "The pyramids are made from solid blocks of quarried limestone. To suggest otherwise is idiotic and insulting."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/world/afric...

It easy to believe in such fairy tales if your never been there and never actually looked at or touched the stone.
SBT wrote:
At any rate the pyramids confound evolution that suggests older man was primitive, such older-man building the most architecturally largest and most sound buildings ever known, that are also the oldest.
Largest? No.

The largest pyramid by volume is the Great Pyramid of Cholula, in the Mexican state of Puebla. Constructed from the 3rd century BC to the 9th century AD, this pyramid is considered the largest monument ever constructed anywhere in the world, and is still being excavated. The third largest pyramid in the world, the Pyramid of the Sun, at Teotihuacan is also located in Mexico. There is an unusual pyramid with a circular plan at the site of Cuicuilco, now inside Mexico City and mostly covered with lava from an eruption of the Xitle Volcano in the 1st century BC. There are several circular stepped pyramids called Guachimontones in TeuchitlŠn, Jalisco as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid#Mesoamer...

Not even close to being the oldest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_olde...

You might consider knowing what you're talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 2 min -TheExam- 38,016
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 4 min Alyssa 150,111
What Turns You Off? 12 min Princess Hey 647
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 28 min Princess Hey 218,976
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 37 min Alyssa 11,044
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 44 min Alyssa 9,985
one word only (Jun '08) 47 min Alyssa 55,678
News Toilet charity gets Indian village to take on T... 1 hr Jim-ca 26
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 5 hr Bittersweet Goodbyes 4,308
More from around the web