Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
100,701 - 100,720 of 115,245 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#106329 Nov 20, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, your reminder is nothing more than an example of projection.
Remember, you don't HAVE any good points. On the off chance you managed to come up with anything even SLIGHTLY plausible we can ignore it as it's already been undercut by some MAJOR booboos that you have not addressed. Ever. You can't point to some interesting geological quirk then claim that all science is wrong therefore Flood when Flood wipes out Noah and co in numerous horrible and quite final ways. This is then "solved" with Jewmagic.
Keep dodging, Subordinate.
So I get this lecture about answering in science but this conjecture doesn't apply to you, then you state I didn't answer when I did as above, claim I dodge when I don't, then avoid and deflect the real challenges. Origins is a puzzle, I think when we put enough pieces together the puzzle will be a picture of God, exonerated from all of mans failures to understand. I present puzzle pieces, you claim I cherrypick and am against "all science", wrong, I am against "science, falsely so called" where operational science and evo origins science split. I call out any origins belief that are biased and unsubstantiated. Why, because I was brainwashed in public school by given one-sided stories by people like Kenyon, Sager and other Darwinist's that got into the school text's and teachers heads. I saw people take wrong paths in life and self destructed, living or dead over these things. Evolutionism is wrong, easily controverted once other evidence is presented and like it or not that's true. In my experience being in this for 37 years the evidence only builds for this position. Like the MO-1, Moon orbital escape and magnetism and on and on, more daily, it all fits.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#106330 Nov 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is a bit strange considering that this would mean that the Hebrews adopted a pagan god rather than having on of their own.
I donít see any strangeness in it, the Hebrews were in Egypt about that time, probably as slaves. Akhenaten had el-Amarna built with slave labour as a centre of worship for his new god

It was supposedly soon after (within living memory) that the Hebrews quit Egypt for a long walk in the desert.

There are arguments that Moses was originally an Atenist priest, there are several book discussing the idea

There is even discussion that Moses was Akhenaten

The Tanakh (and hence the babble) claims that some Hebrews were polytheistic

Discounting these ideas of Moses/Akhenatan I think it is probable, highly possible that the Hebrews adapted what they had from recent experience, including recycling the idea of a one god.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#106331 Nov 20, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
So I get this lecture about answering in science but this conjecture doesn't apply to you, then you state I didn't answer when I did as above, claim I dodge when I don't, then avoid and deflect the real challenges. Origins is a puzzle, I think when we put enough pieces together the puzzle will be a picture of God, exonerated from all of mans failures to understand. I present puzzle pieces, you claim I cherrypick and am against "all science", wrong, I am against "science, falsely so called" where operational science and evo origins science split. I call out any origins belief that are biased and unsubstantiated. Why, because I was brainwashed in public school by given one-sided stories by people like Kenyon, Sager and other Darwinist's that got into the school text's and teachers heads. I saw people take wrong paths in life and self destructed, living or dead over these things. Evolutionism is wrong, easily controverted once other evidence is presented and like it or not that's true. In my experience being in this for 37 years the evidence only builds for this position. Like the MO-1, Moon orbital escape and magnetism and on and on, more daily, it all fits.
Self destructed over science...living or dead...Its the ZOMBIES man. Its the ZOMBIES. We have to stop them.

"Evolutionism is wrong". You could refine your posts down to this core claim because it is all you really say. You have no evidence that supports this claim and any you have offered has been previously refuted. You can't stand the idea that your belief system doesn't fit the facts so rather that adjust your beliefs you attack the facts and the science that finds and explains them.

I can only speculate about what you have been in for 37 years. My guess is therapy or perhaps confinement.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#106332 Nov 20, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít see any strangeness in it...[/QUOTE}

Perhaps not the best choice of words on my part. Ironic might have been a better choice.

[QUOTE who="ChristineM"]... the Hebrews were in Egypt about that time, probably as slaves.

As were the Egyptian in Canaan and its surroundings. No doubt the cultures were in intimate contact.

[QUOTE who="ChristineM"]Akh enaten had el-Amarna built with slave labour as a centre of worship for his new god
It was supposedly soon after (within living memory) that the Hebrews quit Egypt for a long walk in the desert.
There are arguments that Moses was originally an Atenist priest, there are several book discussing the idea
There is even discussion that Moses was Akhenaten
The Tanakh (and hence the babble) claims that some Hebrews were polytheistic
Discounting these ideas of Moses/Akhenatan I think it is probable, highly possible that the Hebrews adapted what they had from recent experience, including recycling the idea of a one god.
I think that likely.(Ignoring for a moment that I don't buy the Moses/Exodus story)

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#106333 Nov 20, 2013
Crap. Screwed up the tags. Oh well...

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#106334 Nov 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that likely.(Ignoring for a moment that I don't buy the Moses/Exodus story)
Intimate contact and constant flux.

Yes likely and perhaps a better (or at least as good a) fit to the scant but known facts as any other story of the time

I am sure the story is not as described in the Tanakh, but for sure the Hebrews had to come from somewhere so there may be and inkling of truth in it.

Moses or someone(s) later named Moses was perhaps a figure head, a rallying cry. Maybe someone or few who had the nouse to keep a bunch of disgruntled people together or just a good way of characterising a story.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#106335 Nov 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather humorous that even Glenn Morton thinks Brown is a loony.
http://www.oldearth.org/walter_brown_hydropla...
Mr. Morton makes some pretty outlandish claims here, there are no "strongly suggests" or "this could be" he asserts "is", "cant's" etc... When theorists start talking in absolute terms such as there could be "no mountains or earthquakes" or it would all fail etc., makes me suspect. This is also 10 years old.

Browns updated eveidence gives his idea credence because he hypothesized such years back and now is proven correct, when no one believed it (deep drill results).

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#106336 Nov 20, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Morton makes some pretty outlandish claims here, there are no "strongly suggests" or "this could be" he asserts "is", "cant's" etc... When theorists start talking in absolute terms such as there could be "no mountains or earthquakes" or it would all fail etc., makes me suspect. This is also 10 years old.
Browns updated eveidence gives his idea credence because he hypothesized such years back and now is proven correct, when no one believed it (deep drill results).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sD9ZGt9UA-UXX
Morton's claims are outlandish yet Brown's claims are not. Interesting.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106337 Nov 20, 2013
SBT wrote:
So I get this lecture about answering in science but this conjecture doesn't apply to you, then you state I didn't answer when I did as above, claim I dodge when I don't, then avoid and deflect the real challenges.
There ARE no challenges. All that's happening is that you're denying reality, we're pointing that out, then you ignore it then lie a lot. This is why you're having so much trouble.
SBT wrote:
Origins is a puzzle, I think when we put enough pieces together the puzzle will be a picture of God
What you think is irrelevant to reality. But then you don't even think which puts you at an even greater disadvantage.
SBT wrote:
I present puzzle pieces, you claim I cherrypick and am against "all science", wrong, I am against "science, falsely so called" where operational science and evo origins science split.
If this were true you would not be a creationist. Fact is you aren't qualified to criticize science from even a laymen's level.
SBT wrote:
I call out any origins belief that are biased and unsubstantiated.
BS. Which is why you are a hypocrite
SBT wrote:
I saw people take wrong paths in life and self destructed, living or dead over these things.
This has no bearing at all on the validity of evolutionary biology.
SBT wrote:
Evolutionism is wrong, easily controverted once other evidence is presented and like it or not that's true.
If that's the case then how come no creationist on the planet has been able to falsify it yet? How come you're not able to present a single shred of evidence?

Your problem is that your objections, rooted in theological apologetics, are based on foundations you cannot support, thus totally undercutting any and all arguments you might have. Our foundations are based on the axioms that reality is real and magic Jews are not scientifically demonstrable.

That's why we win all the time.

When you come to us with a PC that runs on Jewmagic then you can say 'I told you so'.
SBT wrote:
In my experience being in this for 37 years the evidence only builds for this position. Like the MO-1, Moon orbital escape and magnetism and on and on, more daily, it all fits.
Your experience is nil since you have demonstrated nothing except for your extreme lack of science education. How does a global flood drown everybody when temperatures reach 10,000 degrees?

Don't worry, ignore reality and just say that a global flood happened anyway despite ZERO evidence to support it and TONS of evidence against. Evidence doesn't matter when you argue for invisible Jewish magic anyway.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106338 Nov 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's quite possible that Judeo-Christian mono-theism may well have had roots in Aten monotheism but personally I'm not convinced that the path was that direct. Though certainly the Bible pinched parts of Egyptian mythology (Moses in a basket and Jesus walking on water were done by earlier Egyptian characters), just as Christians plagiarised the Jews and Muslims plagiarised the Christians. Basically they were too lazy to make up their own myths.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106339 Nov 20, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh right, that must be why they use Morton's data to find oil deposits and not a hack like Brown.

Keep in mind that your boys DID send creationists out into the field during the eighties SPECIFICALLY to find evidence of the "flood". When they came back empty handed and told them the evidence demonstrated a (very) old Earth they stopped sending people out. And instead they made careers of spreading BS on the internet by misrepresenting science all from the comfort of their own armchairs.

You still ready to tackle the numerous problems with your position yet? You know, the stuff we've been telling you for months which you still haven't got around to dealing with yet?

Thought not.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#106340 Nov 20, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's quite possible that Judeo-Christian mono-theism may well have had roots in Aten monotheism but personally I'm not convinced that the path was that direct. Though certainly the Bible pinched parts of Egyptian mythology (Moses in a basket and Jesus walking on water were done by earlier Egyptian characters), just as Christians plagiarised the Jews and Muslims plagiarised the Christians. Basically they were too lazy to make up their own myths.
Akhenaten ruled and his religion lasted for about 17 years. While possible, it seems unlikely that he had a lasting influence.
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#106342 Nov 20, 2013
Are you Atheists Members of the Libertarian Party?
Are you hard at work trying to convert Religious Folks to Atheism?

Murray Rothbard - RationalWiki
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Murray_Rothbard - Similar to Murray Rothbard - RationalWiki
Nov 12, 2013 ... Murray Rothbard (1926-1995) was an Austrian school economist and ... He worked within the Libertarian Party during the 1970s and 1980s,...

Libertarians for Life - An Open Letter to Murray Rothbard on ...
www.l4l.org/library/rothopen.html - Similar to Libertarians for Life - An Open Letter to Murray Rothbard on ...
An Open Letter to Murray Rothbard on Andre Marrou, the Libertarian Party, and that "vexing" hole in the libertarian system -- Children. by Doris Gordon

Murray Rothbard's Practical Politics | The American Conservative
www.theamericanconservative.com/.../murray-ro... -...- Similar to Murray Rothbard's Practical Politics | The American Conservative
Jul 31, 2012 ... In the early days of the Libertarian Party, Rothbard identified counterproductive ... Murray Rothbard would not have been among them.
Exposing the Racist History Of Libertarianism And Murray ...

www.businessinsider.com/exposing-the-racist-h... ...- Similar to Exposing the Racist History Of Libertarianism And Murray ...
Oct 3, 2011 ... Murray Rothbard was the student of Ludwig Von Mises and a friend of ... This part of libertarian history is a part that the libertarians would like to ...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#106343 Nov 20, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Are you Atheists Members of the Libertarian Party?
Are you hard at work trying to convert Religious Folks to Atheism?
Wrong forum, doofus.
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#106344 Nov 20, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Pinched? Plagiarized? I would point out to you that there Was NO Jewish Religion as we know it today BEFORE Moses. Moses is credited with writing the First Five Books of the Holy Bible, called the "Torah
" by the Jews. Moses was NOT taught the Jewish Religion, there was NONE, other than what they picked up from the Babylonians, and other peoples that they came in contact with.

Moses was a Prince of Egypt, adopted into the Royal Family, and Heir to the Throne of Egypt. No doubt Moses had a lot of Heirs in front of him, but nevertheless Moses was part of the Royal Family. Moses was taught the Ancient Egyptian Religion from several Egyptian sources, including the book that WE named "Egyptian Book of the Dead."
The Ancient Egyptians called that book, "The Book of the Great Awakening,"and it describes the Spirit returning to consciousness AFTER the Death of the Body. If you survive the death of the body, which depends on your beliefs, or lack thereof, you will discover that you float and fly in the air, and you are carried about by your thoughts.
You have to concentrate on walking to regain the ability to walk. The same situation holds true to get your Spirit to regain all the abilities of the now deceased body.
The Egyptian Book of the Dead discusses this phenomena, and there is a Chapter devoted entirely to regaining the use of your legs, and learning again to WALK upon the Earth.

If you believe the Ancient Egyptians, a wandering band of nomadic desert dwellers suddenly developed the engineering techniques overnight to build the complicated and near perfect pyramids all by themselves, you are an imbecile.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#106346 Nov 20, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Pinched? Plagiarized? I would point out to you that there Was NO Jewish Religion as we know it today BEFORE Moses. Moses is credited with writing the First Five Books of the Holy Bible, called the "Torah
" by the Jews. Moses was NOT taught the Jewish Religion, there was NONE, other than what they picked up from the Babylonians, and other peoples that they came in contact with.
Moses was a Prince of Egypt, adopted into the Royal Family, and Heir to the Throne of Egypt. No doubt Moses had a lot of Heirs in front of him, but nevertheless Moses was part of the Royal Family. Moses was taught the Ancient Egyptian Religion from several Egyptian sources, including the book that WE named "Egyptian Book of the Dead."
The Ancient Egyptians called that book, "The Book of the Great Awakening,"and it describes the Spirit returning to consciousness AFTER the Death of the Body. If you survive the death of the body, which depends on your beliefs, or lack thereof, you will discover that you float and fly in the air, and you are carried about by your thoughts.
You have to concentrate on walking to regain the ability to walk. The same situation holds true to get your Spirit to regain all the abilities of the now deceased body.
The Egyptian Book of the Dead discusses this phenomena, and there is a Chapter devoted entirely to regaining the use of your legs, and learning again to WALK upon the Earth.
If you believe the Ancient Egyptians, a wandering band of nomadic desert dwellers suddenly developed the engineering techniques overnight to build the complicated and near perfect pyramids all by themselves, you are an imbecile.
Overnight? You don't know much about Egyptian history, do you? Pyramid construction techniques developed over a period more than 1000 years.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#106347 Nov 20, 2013
LOL, there is no "hydrolate theory". To be a theory a hypothesis first must be developed and tested many times and pass those tests or be rewritten and tested by scientists of the world. There never was even a "hydroplate hypothesis".

And the maker of the "hydorplate theory" forgets one easy fact that debunks his idiocy. The energy of that worldwide eruption would cook everything on the Earth. Let's run through some of his own numbers.

He claimed that the energy of 3 * 10^13 hydrogen bombs would be released. So using a value of 2 * 10^17 Joules (a moderate thermonuclear device) we get 6 *10 ^30 Joules released. Most of that would be immediately be released to the atmosphere. Let's say about half to be on the safe side. The atmosphere masses 5 * 10^18 kilograms and air has a specific heat of just over 1000 joules/kilogram degree Celsius. Whew.

So we take the Energy times divided by the mass and divide that by the specific heat to get 3 *10^30 joules/5*10^18 kilograms/1000j?kgC = 15*10^(30 - 18 -3)= 15 BILLION DEGREES CELSIUS!!

Okay, poor Noah and family are not cooked, they are ionized!!

I can't change the amount of energy your good "doctor" claimed was released, perhaps I can make it easier for Noah et al. if we spread it out. So how long did the waters rise? Wasn't it on the order of 40 days and 40 nights. Lets spread that out over 40 days. Okay, now the amount of heat released each day is only enough to raise the temperature of the atmosphere 375 million degrees each day, every day, for 40 days and nights.

Hmm, Noah and family are still ionized. Okay how about if only 1% of the energy went into the atmosphere. Lets see what happens then. Aha! Now we are getting somewhere. Noah and company would only be heated up 7.5 million degrees Celsius. Oops. Still ionized.

In fact if only one thousandth of a percent of all of that energy was released into the atmosphere over a 40 day period the temperature of the atmosphere would still have gone up 7,500 degrees Celsius. The rest would have to go into the crust of the Earth and I have not calculated what problems that would have caused yet.

So with only the smallest of fractions of the energy going into they atmosphere the so called hydroplate theory not only kills everybody on the Earth, it cooks them to a cinder as well.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Australia

#106348 Nov 20, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
..and evolutionists plagiarised an old scroll that told them thousands of years prior to 'science' that animal life began in the sea.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#106349 Nov 20, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
*sigh*

The Egyptians (who kept excellent records, even of military defeats) have no records of this "Prince of Egypt" at all.

Nor of the so-called "Captivity".

Also, the Egyptians of the period were not "nomadic desert -dwellers.

They were the greatest civilization of the day, at least in the area, and lived mostly in settled towns and cities, great cities, in the Nile Basin.

Great Bog, do you know nothing of history?

Never mind. Tag that question as rhetorical.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#106350 Nov 20, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
..and evolutionists plagiarised an old scroll that told them thousands of years prior to 'science' that animal life began in the sea.
Uh-huh.

And ignored the part that said plants existed before the sun.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 2 min Big dawg 6,641
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 min Grace Nerissa 35,988
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min Princess Hey 145,250
The letter 'T' (Nov '12) 5 min Doug77 1,095
Big dawg 6 min Big dawg 405
Most of my posts are: 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5
*=* Hoosier Hillbilly *=* 13 min Hoosier Hillbilly 38
Fergson Police Dept. 27 min TALLYHO 8541 385
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 18,593
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr Krypteia 28,506