Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
100,461 - 100,480 of 114,918 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Maz, how many times does it have to be pointed out that you are the only flapping here. Get that blue waffle cleared up.
Now as to whale evolution. First off, that date looks like it might be off on the Nat. Geo. article. I tried to use the link to its supposed source and it does not work. From what I have seen the basilosaurus lived from 40 to 34 million years ago:
http://fossilworks.org/bridge.pl...
Second there can be overlap of different species. The last Indohyus did not have to die off before evolution continued. There could be both species existing at the same time.
Seriously, I would try to confirm that Nat. Geo. date with another source before crowing too much. Even if it is right that does not mean that just because one species exists that the other could not have evolved from a branch of it.
Do you need how evolution works explained to you again?
There ya go. I was trying to remember what was wrong with that waffle.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your boxed in, your only choice is to pick which ID you choose.
What sort of ID is thta?

You do know that IDiocy runs all the way from creationism in sheep's clothing to evolution but God did it. The latter is what Michael Behe believes for example. He knows that we are related to apes, he is not a total idiot after all, but he thinks it could not have happened without God's help.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

This is the dumbest thing you have written so far. How about a link to an experiment showing how god walked with man? A scientific model of these spirit forms perhaps? Still bearing false witness I see. What does your imaginary friend say about that?
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually oh bible expert, scientists are always waffling on about the possibility of alien life and here we are trying to give them evidence of it but they are too stupid to realize it.
God walked with man as did other spirits that could transpose into other forms, in this case a snake. The physics behind it is supported by the fact that energy/light, which spirit forms are as is God, are able to form matter.
Now after you pick your dummy up off the floor maybe you evotards can actually present some postive research, you know SCIENCE, that supports an organisms ability to adapt without limit, instead of demonstrating yourselves to be evotards heading for the hills.
The data supports a creationist paradigm in that adaptation is limited and organisms will never adapt out of their familial group.
Until then you can keep fluffing in the wind and begging your philosophical hubris.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Which one of those things proves that snakes can talk?
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
How about I hit you in the head with modern bird footprints dated to 212mya and more than halfway back to the Devonian, being created after sea life.
How about I demonstrate evo scientists with some 'poofing' ability themselves?
These scientists have invented out of thin air, theropods with a reversed hallux instead of admitting they have no clue what they are talking about.
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v417/n68...
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2466-an...
How about a variety of tetrapods that suddenly appear on the heel of the Devonian, 395mya, throwing Tiktaalic out to that great garbage bin of evolutionary delusions past and falsified?
http://www.nature.com/news/2010/100106/full/n...
I reckon it will be me hitting you over the head with your stupid fossils.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Like this -
"I am absolutely delighted to report that our usually recalcitrant fossil record has come through in exemplary fashion. During the past fifteen years, new discoveries in Africa and Pakistan have added greatly to our paleontological knowledge of the earliest history of whales".
(Natural History 5/94) Steven J. Gould
But just five years later, Scientific American (January 1999) reported the discovery of fossilized ankle bones that has “left [whale] researchers even more puzzled than before.” The author of this article states that these bones (found in Pakistan!)“leave researchers wondering where whales came from.” Sorry Steven.
So what happened to all the transitional forms SZ?, none around now,(a broken record for your side), but why? They are found as drawings in evo textbooks to comfort Darwinist's. Your transnationals (all now extinct, we think) have fwd nostrils, none moving to the top.(Mosasaur, Pleiosaur), Whales are independent as skull top breathers.
What is it that puzzles the researchers. You don't specify what that is that supports your position other than out of context quotes. Oh, that is it. Quote mining supports your position. Right. I forgot.

Now are you trying to argue that whales evolved from mosasours and pleiosaurs? The scientists that study whale evolution aren't saying that. You are all over the place SBT.

Your arguments need more cowbell too.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution doesn't run on a set time and I don't know any reason that whales couldn't evolve in 4 million years. If you can show it can't occur over that duration, you haven't provided the evidence here.
As to your 2nd point the differences in age of the fossils in discussion do not break any connections between the two. You have not provided data to make the conclusions that you do. Think of a tree branch. Indohyus is on one branch more basal to the common ancestor between whales and hippos. Just because it is in effect ancestoral to whales does not mean it had to disappear as soon as whales made their appearance. Only a fool that does not understand science and scientific evidence would dance a jig thinking that it does.
You arguments need more cowbell. Really work the cowbell dear.
There also 'isn't any reason' why God couldn't poof life into existence. However, you evos have been waffling on adnauseum for decades that such an argument has no merit.

Indeed if you clowns want to mention whales as some glory sack of evidence then be prepared to have to speak to the ugly truth without having to defer to the bluster of 'there isn't any reason', as your big hero defence.

Your empirical evidence was yet again WRONG. If it was us creos coming up with such a flop, we would never hear the end of it.

I was asked to demonstrate what was wrong with one of your 'best' documented examples of evolution and I have. The fact that you evos don't like that I can and have done so, does not change the fact that I can nor than whale evolution is a great example of the misrepresentation sold to the public.

Level 1

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

davy wrote:
Which one of those things proves that snakes can talk?
<quoted text>
The alien one that lives in another big bang dimension and scoots around on dark matter all day, so you can't see or find him.

Level 1

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

davy wrote:
This is the dumbest thing you have written so far. How about a link to an experiment showing how god walked with man? A scientific model of these spirit forms perhaps? Still bearing false witness I see. What does your imaginary friend say about that?
<quoted text>
Do you mean something like well credentialled researchers operating from the basis of the Copernican philosophy as their overiding principle based on science? LOL! ROLF!

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
There also 'isn't any reason' why God couldn't poof life into existence. However, you evos have been waffling on adnauseum for decades that such an argument has no merit.
Of course it has no merit. It is a mental dead end. What you are arguing for is last Tuesdayism, it is a nontestable, unfalsifiable idea of zero merit. It stops people from looking for an answer. It is the idiots way out.
Indeed if you clowns want to mention whales as some glory sack of evidence then be prepared to have to speak to the ugly truth without having to defer to the bluster of 'there isn't any reason', as your big hero defence.
Your empirical evidence was yet again WRONG. If it was us creos coming up with such a flop, we would never hear the end of it.
I was asked to demonstrate what was wrong with one of your 'best' documented examples of evolution and I have. The fact that you evos don't like that I can and have done so, does not change the fact that I can nor than whale evolution is a great example of the misrepresentation sold to the public.
How was our evidence wrong moron? You have not come close to showing that. You had one questionable article whose date could not be verified elsewhere. And even if it was true the overlap of creatures does not upset the theory of evolution in any way.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't any reason that God couldn't have "poofed" everything into existence. However, there is no evidence that such happened and all the evidence indicates that life evolved on this planet including whales. You may like our answers, but that isn't my problem. Come up with better questions.

What creationists come up with is flop. Apparently you missed that.

You haven't refuted anything that I am aware of. Your arm waving about whales is reasonably explained by the theory of evolution through the available evidence as I explained.

More cowbell old girl, more cowbell. Really work the space. You are twerking for Jesus after all.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Severely religitarded.
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean something like well credentialled researchers operating from the basis of the Copernican philosophy as their overiding principle based on science? LOL! ROLF!

Level 1

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Listen Subby and Dan if you think your hubris has any substance the both of you are bigger idiots than I thought.

You would have to be one of the most laziest evos ever.

You fluff and dance around giving challenges and then think your hubris has some sort of merit. I am not fooled by your ability to spam.

If the change of the 4 million years initially speculated down to 4my does not constitute having been wrong intially, to you idiots, then all I can say is no wonder you have all been sucked in. LOL!

Level 1

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Repost

Listen Subby and Dan if you think your hubris has any substance the both of you are bigger idiots than I thought.

You fluff and dance around giving challenges and then think your hubris has some sort of merit. I am not fooled by your ability to spam.

If the change of the 15 million years initially speculated down to 4my does not constitute having been wrong intially, to you idiots, then all I can say is no wonder you have all been sucked in. LOL!

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

MazHere wrote:
If the change of the 4 million years initially speculated down to 4my does not constitute having been wrong intially, to you idiots, then all I can say is no wonder you have all been sucked in. LOL!
Hubris!? What a a joke. And this coming from an idiot who thinks she understand the articles that she links.

How are we lazy? You give us idiotically easy challenges and then we meet them. Now if we could not debunk your idiocy you might have a point. Seriously I wish you would bring a challenging problem for us. But all you have is simple minded twaddle.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

MazHere wrote:
Nothing of substance in this rant that refutes evolution.

Next.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

MazHere wrote:
Repost
If the change of the 15 million years initially speculated down to 4my does not constitute having been wrong intially, to you idiots, then all I can say is no wonder you have all been sucked in. LOL!
Again, nothing of substance to refute evolution here.

So there is a difference in the timing based on new fossil findings. You interpret that to mean the whole body of science is tumbling down. Do you stop your car and go back every time you hit a bump because you think you killed someone? That is your logic, not mine.

You spend a lot of time rambling on about something that doesn't mean what you say it means. Then you get all pissy and insulting when you are told that it is wrong and why.

You're still mad because we dropped that house on your sister aren't you.

Level 1

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hubris!? What a a joke. And this coming from an idiot who thinks she understand the articles that she links.
How are we lazy? You give us idiotically easy challenges and then we meet them. Now if we could not debunk your idiocy you might have a point. Seriously I wish you would bring a challenging problem for us. But all you have is simple minded twaddle.
What a pair of confused dorks you and Dan are. I undestand the research perfectly well. You are so stupid you reckon ridiculing me without one word to demonstrate exacatly what I have misrepresented makes you a hero. Instead it demonstrates you are an incompetent dungspinner full of yourself.

This is about you idiots demonstrating the data aligns with TOE better than a creationists paradigm

Let's recap how you lot have done so far.

I have posted empirical data that attests to genomic mechanisms that reduce or limit an organisms ability to adapt and you mainitain this is excellent evidence for evolution rather than creation.

You challenged me to cite 'wrongs' with whale fossil evidence. I presented Basilosaurus that is older than Indohyus, and has reduced the evolution of land animal to fully aquatic in 4 million years, and you manintain this is great evidence for evolution and rsearchers never got anything wrong.

You challenged me to define human beings, which I did. Then I asked you to define human beings and you ignored me and headed for the hills.

In between we've have goons like Dan and Aura with her icecream..and now you have the hide to call me an idiot, you retarded boofhead.

DER to you!

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
What a pair of confused dorks you and Dan are. I undestand the research perfectly well. You are so stupid you reckon ridiculing me without one word to demonstrate exacatly what I have misrepresented makes you a hero. Instead it demonstrates you are an incompetent dungspinner full of yourself.
This is about you idiots demonstrating the data aligns with TOE better than a creationists paradigm
I have posted empirical data that attests to genomic mechanisms that reduce or limit an organisms ability to adapt and you mainitain this is excellent evidence for evolution rather than creation.
You challenged me to cite 'wrongs' with whale fossil evidence. I presented Basilosaurus that is older than Indohyus, and has reduced the evolution of land animal to fully aquatic in 4 million years, and you manintain this is great evidence for evolution and rsearchers never got anything wrong.
You challenged me to define human beings, which I did. Then I asked you to define human beings and you ignored me and headed for the hills.
In between we've have goons like Dan and Aura with her icecream..and now you have the hide to call me an idiot, you retarded boofhead.
DER to you!
Oh Maz. You do still care. I was afraid we had lost that spark between us.

So you cited a new piece of information that in no way refutes the evolution of whales. Well done. You could have just said that, but I know how you like to fill page after page of ad hom attacks and pointless quibbles. You know how that sparks me and makes me want to go down under, you naughty thing.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us something worth debunking. Right now your inflated blue waffle must be making you delusional. You have given nothing of significance yet. Post something that is a bit meaty and we will get more serious.
You haven't yet to post any. All you have demonstrated is that you are an idiot.
No, you haven't. And that's the problem. All you have posted is are articles about how evolution occurs and that you did not understand.
How quickly you forgot. That is exactly what you did not do. You do know that Nat. Geo. does make the occasional boner when it comes to scientific articles. You could not find any other evidence that agreed with that date. That would be a failure on you part.
I must have missed that one. We were probably laughing to hard at the rest of the idiocy that you posted. You probably screwed that one up two. I have told you that since you lie and try to do a version of the Gish Gallop that you are allowed only one topic per post. Did you make a mistake and double up?
DER to you!
I was extremely nice to you when we tried to respond to your idiocy. Dan and Aura have been rather kind too, all things considered.

So do you have anything at all, or are you still just an idiot?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
DER to you!
But you're the cutest little self licking ice cream cone head this side of the pecos ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OMG! Just look at this! 5 min ---Word Woman--- 7
Something Different 6 min SimplyLoveYou 121
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 7 min Denny CranesPlace 153
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min Princess Hey 144,984
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 13 min DMAN 4,819
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 15 min SimplyLoveYou 18,267
Fergson Police Dept. 15 min TALLYHO 8541 280
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 27 min Grace Nerissa 35,945
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr Emerald 771
•••