Evolution vs. Creation

There are 163627 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#105568 Nov 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Tell your self that, Pierre.
You are a silly little man!

Your Francophobic behavior doesn't change a thing in the world, and in case you haven't noticed, the locals aren't exactly bonding with you in some kind of Anglo-Saxon/Germanic tradition.

All you've done is reinforce everyone's belief that God, if there was one, isn't on your side, and since nobody ELSE is, they're inclined to gang up on you. You tend to play that kind of martyr but you're such an ugly little troll, it's not like anyone will be sympathetic either.

Anyway, I'm mostly Irish with a touch if just about anything else American. If I'm part French, so be it! I spent a good deal of time along the Rivera and found it a very pleasant place.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#105569 Nov 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are really an idiot. Accademic evidence with no logical backing is a myth. Now, name one country in mainland Europe, that takes English as a native language?
No, academic evidence is academic evidence and I choose not to waste any more of my time on your stupidity over the subject of language

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#105570 Nov 11, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so you don't know that decades of empirical evidence of human knuckle walking ancestry was overturned on the back of one single fosssil, hey? I am not surprised. Go look up Ardi and see for yourself.
There was never evidence nor claims of human knuckle walkimg. I called you on this a few days abck but you never respond, merely repeat your absurd claims robotically.

As to the rest..

How do we learn when a research claims has turned out to be false? Duh.

Should we expect, statistically, that the rate of positive mutational change will decline as we approach an optimum? Duh. Yes. Si its no great surprise that adaptive change slows closer to tje optimum

Should we be surprised if humans are accumulating a genetic load considering how hard we work at sidestepping natural selection? Laws, medicines, welfare systems. Its not a mystery dingbat. And good for us too.

I cannot rember every bit of your irrelevant link filled rant but every single bit of it haf me laughing. It seems to be part of creatard disease to stupidly misconstrue just about every piece of actual science you can get your knuckles into.

Go hard with any of the claims you have made. I dare you.

Level 6

Location hidden

#105571 Nov 11, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Just to make sure this gets out there.
Atheism is not a religion or nothing like a religion. Baahahahahaha.
Atheist 'mega-churches' take root across US, world.
LOS ANGELES — It looked like a typical Sunday morning at any mega-church. Hundreds packed in for more than an hour of rousing music, an inspirational sermon, a reading and some quiet reflection. The only thing missing was God.
On Sunday, the inaugural Sunday Assembly in Los Angeles attracted more than 400 attendees, all bound by their belief in non-belief. Similar gatherings in San Diego, Nashville, New York and other U.S. cities have drawn hundreds of atheists seeking the camaraderie of a congregation without religion or ritual.
http://news.msn.com/us/atheist-mega-churches-...
Any dogmatic cult can have any belief. Atheism was part of the dogmatic pseudo-rational cult called Communism too.

So what?

Rational skepticism is the antidote to cultism. That means being wary of all claims that cannot be backed by evidence...which today means atheist by default but not dogmatically so, ready to consider any actual evidence for God as soon as you present some.

Go for it.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#105572 Nov 11, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so you don't know that decades of empirical evidence of human knuckle walking ancestry was overturned on the back of one single fosssil, hey? I am not surprised. Go look up Ardi and see for yourself. While you're at it you can look for how Erectus and Neanderthal our knuckle walking intermediates have now poofed into an upright intermediate that is shrinking and in need of a hip reconstruction. eg "Shrinking erectus"...and Turkana Boy.
Then you can explain why evos say man and chimp share a common ancestor, when they have different molecular machinery, regardless of a mess of stained fragments seen in petrie dish being able to be aligned and scaffolded to the human genome with a hammer.
In PNAS, the team reports cloning the human and chimpanzee hydroxylase cDNAs, and identifying a mutation in the coding region of the human cDNA that regulates hydroxylase activity. The same gene in apes codes for a hydroxylase enzyme which adds this atom to the sialic acid molecule, but due to a mutation at some point in human evolution, the human gene lacks this coding section, accounting for the structural difference in the molecule.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/09/ ...
It's all too hard for you, I know. It may be best for you to say BS again and offer your humble opinion, to demonstrate your credibility.
BS again.

PS: I don't give a crap about establishing my credibility with some goofball who thinks Neanderthals were knuckle walking.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#105573 Nov 11, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Psychopath in the making?
I'd keep a close eye on that boy....
;-)
LOL!

Level 6

Location hidden

#105574 Nov 11, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
BS again.
PS: I don't give a crap about establishing my credibility with some goofball who thinks Neanderthals were knuckle walking.
Exactly. Its like she wants to be laughed at.

Level 6

#105575 Nov 11, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
BS again.
She thinks what? Knuckle walking Neanderthals – wow – the mind boggles.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#105576 Nov 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No. Do you understand the term,'' independence ''?
Yes, it's from the 16th century Italian word "independente."
What is your point - the U.S. Declaration of Independence belongs to Italy?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#105577 Nov 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
She thinks what? Knuckle walking Neanderthals – wow – the mind boggles.
To quote:
MazHere wrote:
While you're at it you can look for how Erectus and Neanderthal our knuckle walking intermediates have now poofed into an upright intermediate...
Boggles for sure.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#105578 Nov 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, academic evidence is academic evidence and I choose not to waste any more of my time on your stupidity over the subject of language
Too bad. This language thing is wicked awesome for sure. Yall, or is it yawl been up the crick and down the holler on this.

I was hoping that we might be able to examine the English language in the United States. Since it is the same language. Perhaps take off our sombreros and set down over some tortillas and whoop this puppy. Roundup this whole language thing in a big ole word rodeo before we all end up in the calaboose. Whadda ya say buckaroos?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#105579 Nov 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is not true. Many here says it originated in western Europe. I have told you severally, ownership by origination.
Why does origination convey ownership of a language?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#105580 Nov 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Like i said, it was first spoken there. No other does, without their influence.
So? Why does that imply ownership?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#105581 Nov 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There is baton, because history says it started in Europe, but we can not really substantiate that claims because, English is not an official language to any mainland European countries.
So? Why does it starting in Europe mean there is a 'baton' of ownership?

My whole point is that you are making claims of ownership of a language, which I see as being community property and not *owned* by anyone. It is irrelevant where it started or who uses it. It is still not *owned* by anyone.

Ownership implies the power to dictate use and *nobody* has that power concerning any natural language.

Sao Paulo

#105582 Nov 11, 2013
MazHere wrote:
Here you go you evotards. These links should work...
Excuse me for editing your post Maz, but for brevity's sake, I took the liberty. Your argument does not get stronger with repetition, it simply gets redundant.

Your key argument is that man's "fitness advantage" is regressing due to deleterious mutations over time. Take into consideration that today's average life expectancy is 67 years, compared to an average expectancy of 20 years (at birth) 11,000 years ago. This is not a tendency of regression.

Your claims state that genetic code of human race is deteriorating, and that man's reproductive ability is devolving, yet the population has grown from under 5 million to currently almost 7 billion over the same period.

This does not take into consideration your belief that man was wiped out a few thousand years ago due to a flood. But when you do take this fact into consideration, the abilty of man to multiply to almost 7 billion people today over such a short period of time is staggering. Kinda shoots your theory full of holes. A for effort though, kudos.

Sao Paulo

#105583 Nov 11, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you took the time to read the links before coming to your conclusion. But wait! The links did not work in that post. So you show you don't read links, you just give opinions.
You know what the say about opinions - they are like @ssholes, everybody has one and they all stink.
While I agree with your observation that everyone indeed has one, I state further that only SOME people actually ARE one.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#105584 Nov 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is not true. Many here says it originated in western Europe. I have told you severally, ownership by origination.
Charles, I think you are trying to use "ownership" too broadly beyond the scope of what it means. As you say, languages, at least after the original development, arise from pre-existing languages and over time even these continue to diverge to some degree.

American English is not exactly the same language as the one spoken in the UK. There have been strong influences from African, French, German, Spanish and Native American languages that show up. Even today with such a large country there are regional differences and even different accents.

What I would say is that American English is derived largely from the parent language of British English which itself arose from a combination of influences and languages of Western Europe. If you want to claim the English own the English language, you can, but ownership implies a number of conditions that do not occur with regards to a language and a better term seems more applicable.

Level 6

#105585 Nov 11, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
To quote:
<quoted text>
Boggles for sure.
Not sure that Erectus knuckle walked all the time, but there certainly did in some situations. However Neanderthal were completely bipedal

I recently spent a few days at la roque st christophe examining the grave and bones of a 55 thousand year old Neanderthal site, no sign of the stooped posture required for knuckle walking.

That Maz eh? Go figure.

Sao Paulo

#105586 Nov 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are really an idiot. Accademic evidence with no logical backing is a myth. Now, name one country in mainland Europe, that takes English as a native language?
Why would you narrow the criteria down to mainland Europe only? That's like asking to name one Canadian provence where French is the official language that doesn't begin with the letter Q.

Level 6

#105587 Nov 11, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad. This language thing is wicked awesome for sure. Yall, or is it yawl been up the crick and down the holler on this.
I was hoping that we might be able to examine the English language in the United States. Since it is the same language. Perhaps take off our sombreros and set down over some tortillas and whoop this puppy. Roundup this whole language thing in a big ole word rodeo before we all end up in the calaboose. Whadda ya say buckaroos?
Done the language thing with chuck before, it’s like banging your head against a wall, you show him facts and examples and evidence and he returns mythology and personal belief.

However - to the British/US differences, you have no idea how wrong you get “aluminium”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min CJ Rocker 162,693
News 'It feels weird asking everybody for permission... 5 min mitt s santorum s... 72
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 14 min Mechanic 4,516
Word Association. (Nov '10) 16 min Mega Monster 17,426
Impossible brand and product combinations (Jan '12) 18 min Mechanic 545
News Poop Raining From Sky Ruins Girl's Sweet 16 25 min Mechanic 8
unjumble - jumble 6 letter words 27 min there but now gone 320
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 28 min harleyhoney 40,614
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Papa Smurfaletto 11,329
More from around the web