Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 200961 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#105591 Nov 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Done the language thing with chuck before, it’s like banging your head against a wall, you show him facts and examples and evidence and he returns mythology and personal belief.
However - to the British/US differences, you have no idea how wrong you get “aluminium”
I grew up in the Missouri Ozarks. You are just getting started on the differences.

Charles recognizes the differences in language, but I think he has a misunderstanding of "ownership" and how it is applied. Or in the case of language, not applied.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#105592 Nov 11, 2013
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
Eta' muito estranho com as sataques de Portugues ou a lingua de Portugues Europa! As pessoas de Brasil falvocem com respecta! e eles cantam a lingua. Em Portugal as pessoas falem igual com bebedos! Eles nunca usam a palavra, "Voce"....
Na verdade o que é ainda mais estranho é alguem do Tennessee falando portugues! Vc é um Brazuka?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#105593 Nov 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> English belongs to England, Buffoon.
and Sioux and Ojibwe and Apache and N0avajo and Hopi belong to the US! what fun!

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#105594 Nov 11, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I grew up in the Missouri Ozarks. You are just getting started on the differences.
Charles recognizes the differences in language, but I think he has a misunderstanding of "ownership" and how it is applied. Or in the case of language, not applied.
Aluminium was just and example, I’ve travelled a lot of the US and I though that the UK had a problem with dialect. Actually it seems to be not so much dialect but the pronunciation that differs across the US

Charlie just has myriad misunderstandings,“ownership” of a language is just one of them. Our first argument was when he blamed bad parenting for cot death. At that time my friends had recently lost a child in that way and he accused them of murder. Even thought he eventually apologised though me to my friends the anguish his ignorance caused is something he can never be forgiven for.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#105595 Nov 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Aluminium was just and example, I’ve travelled a lot of the US and I though that the UK had a problem with dialect. Actually it seems to be not so much dialect but the pronunciation that differs across the US
Charlie just has myriad misunderstandings,“ownership” of a language is just one of them. Our first argument was when he blamed bad parenting for cot death. At that time my friends had recently lost a child in that way and he accused them of murder. Even thought he eventually apologised though me to my friends the anguish his ignorance caused is something he can never be forgiven for.
Seriously? Chuckles actually did that? What a dick.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#105596 Nov 11, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Chuckles actually did that? What a dick.
He did, and from that moment I knew exactly the sort of sick personality he is

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#105597 Nov 11, 2013
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
My Portuguese is sucking right now!
Well it isn't totally gibberish. From Google Translate:

"Eta 'very strange with sataques of Portuguese or Portuguese language of Europe! The people of Brazil falvocem with respecta! and they sing the language. In Portugal people speak with equal drunks! They never use the word, "You" .."

Level 9

Everett, WA

#105598 Nov 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you can't really blame the U.S. on the spelling and pronunciation of Aluminum. Which is just fine. By the way how do Brits spell and pronounce "Platinum"? If anything the problem with Aluminum can be blamed on Sir Humphrey Davy. He named the element. His name was based upon the mineral alumina, Al2O3, and he naturally called it "Alumium". He scratched his head over that a few years and changed it to "Aluminum". Still not pleased he eventually changed it to "Aluminium". In the U.S. the second version caught on. In England the third:

http://www.worldwidewords.org/articles/alumin...

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#105599 Nov 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
"Eta 'very strange with sataques of Portuguese or Portuguese language of Europe! The people of Brazil falvocem with respecta! and they sing the language. In Portugal people speak with equal drunks! They never use the word, "You" .."
He was comparing dialects between the native European Portuguese and Brazilian Portugese, where in Mr. Hillbilly's opinion, Brazil has a much clearer pronounciation than their Portuguese relatives, and have a better phonetic sound, compared to the Portuguese who "speak like they're drunk". He then added a comment that the Portuguese don't use 'Voce'(you - in fact they use the latin derivative Tu.'Voce' is a slang that comes from Voss). Bottom line, is that the difference between these dialects is very similar to the differences between British and North American English.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#105600 Nov 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you can't really blame the U.S. on the spelling and pronunciation of Aluminum. Which is just fine. By the way how do Brits spell and pronounce "Platinum"? If anything the problem with Aluminum can be blamed on Sir Humphrey Davy. He named the element. His name was based upon the mineral alumina, Al2O3, and he naturally called it "Alumium". He scratched his head over that a few years and changed it to "Aluminum". Still not pleased he eventually changed it to "Aluminium". In the U.S. the second version caught on. In England the third:
http://www.worldwidewords.org/articles/alumin...
we're such hipsters in the US. we were into aluminum before it was cool...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#105601 Nov 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Random Portuguese Generator?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#105602 Nov 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> All languages evolved from one or more sources, and later became independent, yes or no?
"Independent"? No.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#105603 Nov 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Done the language thing with chuck before, it’s like banging your head against a wall, you show him facts and examples and evidence and he returns mythology and personal belief.
However - to the British/US differences, you have no idea how wrong you get “aluminium”
Or "Pyjamas" - which I think is an Indo-Urgaic word anyway.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#105604 Nov 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckie can't admit to even the slightest "oops" - not even in something as simple as choice of words.

Now he's locked on to his favourite obsession.

And he's still wrong.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#105605 Nov 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Or "Pyjamas" - which I think is an Indo-Urgaic word anyway.
How do you pronounce it? When ever I see "Pyjamas" my brain reads it "Pie-jamas". Hmm, time to check the original pronunciation.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#105606 Nov 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you pronounce it? When ever I see "Pyjamas" my brain reads it "Pie-jamas". Hmm, time to check the original pronunciation.
Oh my, one of the earliest pronunciations very well may have been "pie-jamas":

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...

"1800, pai jamahs "loose trousers tied at the waist," worn by Muslims in India and adopted by Europeans there, especially for nightwear, from Hindi pajama, probably from Persian paejamah, literally "leg clothing," from pae "leg" (from PIE *ped- "foot," see foot (n.))+ jamah "clothing." Modern spelling (U.S.) is from 1845. British spelling tends toward pyjamas."

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Gulgong, Australia

#105607 Nov 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Garbage, most of this has nothing to do with what you are saying.
But then you are good at that...huh?
Then prove it, instead of waving your hand with simplistic responses because I will post it until you do.

You are likely another one that cannot separate data from the hypothesis made of it.

Subby you're still waving your hands in the breeze, I see, deluding yourself that smart butt cracks have some scientific merit.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#105608 Nov 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehehe.

It's pronouced the same way, only with an English (or Irish) accent.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#105609 Nov 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, one of the earliest pronunciations very well may have been "pie-jamas":
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...
"1800, pai jamahs "loose trousers tied at the waist," worn by Muslims in India and adopted by Europeans there, especially for nightwear, from Hindi pajama, probably from Persian paejamah, literally "leg clothing," from pae "leg" (from PIE *ped- "foot," see foot (n.))+ jamah "clothing." Modern spelling (U.S.) is from 1845. British spelling tends toward pyjamas."
Why, so it was.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Gulgong, Australia

#105610 Nov 11, 2013
The data aligns with a documented creationist accoung better than an evolutionary paradigm.

Not only does mankind have differenct molecular machinery to apes, since the dawn of genetics evolutionists have had to waste their time overturning and hypothesising as to why evidence for creation and special earth is wrong.

Simulations show that for most study designs and settings, it is more likely for a research claim to be false than true. Moreover, for many current scientific fields, claimed research findings may often be simply accurate measures of the prevailing bias. In this essay, I discuss the implications of these problems for the conduct and interpretation of research.

http://www.plosmedicine.org/article/info:doi/ ...

Some genetic phenomena originate as mutations that are initially advantageous but decline in fitness until they become distinctly deleterious. Here I give the condition for a mutation–selection balance to form and describe some of the properties of the resulting equilibrium population. A characterization is also given of the fixation probabilities for such mutations.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3 ...

As a result, the human race is genetically mutating, according to Japanese geneticist Yusaku Nakabeppu of Kyushu University and his team, who released their findings Monday in the trade journal Genome Research.

http://www.naturalnews.com/021220_genetic_mod ...

These data support models in which negative epistasis contributes to declining rates of adaptation over time.

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/332/6034/11 ...

In other words, random detrimental mutations build up in the gene pools of living things with a low reproductive rate far far faster than natural selection can get rid of them. This generally accepted fact of modern science strongly implies, therefore, that we have devolved, not evolved, from an originally superior state, as a species or collective gene pool, compared to our current rapidly degenerating condition

http://www.educatetruth.com/featured/dr-john -...

Life is devolving as per a documented account. Sanford is a well credentialed and published researcher. Evolutionary scientists can only offer complicated hypothesis as to why all data supports a creationist pardigm and gives evolutionists headaches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 min Grace Nerissa 58,044
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 9 min andet1987 31,701
I love for people to see me naked on snap 10 min Nkdgy 1
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 13 min Bezeer 3,258
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min Dont_You_Dare 18,356
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 15 min andet1987 5,336
One Word (Jan '09) 15 min Bezeer 16,597
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 44 min Enzo49 8,442
News 10 weird and crazy sex facts you may not know 1 hr Sam 5
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr Sam 7,779