Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#105542 Nov 10, 2013
_Lizz_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm picturing the snake talking now, that is funny ; ) I always wondered, never mind, I can't say it here.
yes, many do equate it with the phallic story of the princess kissing the toad...
drinK the hiVe

New York, NY

#105543 Nov 10, 2013
Some Creative Thinking Going On - I Like It...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#105544 Nov 10, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks heaps DarkBlue.
Ayala tried to tell them the same thing 40 years ago as an evolutionist, he called it "genetic load" and gave man only 500 generations or so. Under the same program, if man was here 2mil/y the number of bones would have filled the known universe, but unform clocks mean nothing to these folks..
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#105545 Nov 10, 2013
davy wrote:
Do you have any links to websites documenting the science of the talking snake?
<quoted text>
The snake in the Garden of Eden was Adam and a part of his anatomy. He was also the tree of (carnal) knowledge. Adam and Eve were given two commandments both concerning sex, one positive (be fruitful and multiply), and one negative (no sodomy). The fruit from the tree was not literally an apple, if it was, there would be a commandment about not eating apples. Although Adam and Eve were real people, the story is allegorical.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#105546 Nov 10, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Ayala tried to tell them the same thing 40 years ago as an evolutionist, he called it "genetic load" and gave man only 500 generations or so. Under the same program, if man was here 2mil/y the number of bones would have filled the known universe, but unform clocks mean nothing to these folks..
SBT, bones decompose over time. Populations do not follow Kent Hovinds simple exponential curve.

If Ayala tried to make his claim 40 years ago he was wrong then. The only reason that our population made be "devolving" is because now we can takes care of the genetically inferior.

In the past natural selection culled the human race, stopping "devolution". We don't have that now, we have evolution.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#105547 Nov 10, 2013

“The Grim Reaper Is Fictional ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

But We Will All Meet Him

#105548 Nov 10, 2013
Just to make sure this gets out there.

Atheism is not a religion or nothing like a religion. Baahahahahaha.

Atheist 'mega-churches' take root across US, world.

LOS ANGELES — It looked like a typical Sunday morning at any mega-church. Hundreds packed in for more than an hour of rousing music, an inspirational sermon, a reading and some quiet reflection. The only thing missing was God.

On Sunday, the inaugural Sunday Assembly in Los Angeles attracted more than 400 attendees, all bound by their belief in non-belief. Similar gatherings in San Diego, Nashville, New York and other U.S. cities have drawn hundreds of atheists seeking the camaraderie of a congregation without religion or ritual.

http://news.msn.com/us/atheist-mega-churches-...

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#105549 Nov 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is possible. She is infamous for misunderstanding scientific articles. After she has her nose rubbed in that fact often enough she slinks away without ever admitting that she was wrong.
I am not familiar with maz. The last couple weeks are when I believe I have seen them posting.

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#105550 Nov 10, 2013
On the plus side of today. I did down a big eleven this evening. Would have been almost perfect 12 but had a broken trey tine on the right and fd at 152.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#105551 Nov 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not familiar with maz. The last couple weeks are when I believe I have seen them posting.
I know that. That is the reason that I told you her modus operendi.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#105552 Nov 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Just to make sure this gets out there.
Atheism is not a religion or nothing like a religion. Baahahahahaha.
Atheist 'mega-churches' take root across US, world.
LOS ANGELES — It looked like a typical Sunday morning at any mega-church. Hundreds packed in for more than an hour of rousing music, an inspirational sermon, a reading and some quiet reflection. The only thing missing was God.
On Sunday, the inaugural Sunday Assembly in Los Angeles attracted more than 400 attendees, all bound by their belief in non-belief. Similar gatherings in San Diego, Nashville, New York and other U.S. cities have drawn hundreds of atheists seeking the camaraderie of a congregation without religion or ritual.
http://news.msn.com/us/atheist-mega-churches-...
There are some atheists that miss the social aspects of church. That still does not make atheism an organized religion. These sort so "churches" may get some fair numbers. I am very sure that they are still a very very small percentage of atheists over all.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#105553 Nov 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there, shown him examples and word histories and roots, academic explanations of language developments and word comparisons and identical word usage in other languages. It makes no difference to a fundy
Bunch of ignorant clowns. What examples. I have asked you severally to name one country in mainland Europe, where English is taken as first language, you can not.

Level 2

Location hidden

#105554 Nov 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does that convey ownership? The question isn't one of where the language originated. It is a question of *ownership*. Most people here are simply claiming that languages are not OWNED by anyone at all. Ownership implies the ability to control and nobody has that ability for any natural language.
So, why would priority of origin imply *ownership*?
That is not true. Many here says it originated in western Europe. I have told you severally, ownership by origination.

Level 2

Location hidden

#105555 Nov 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does that convey ownership? The question isn't one of where the language originated. It is a question of *ownership*. Most people here are simply claiming that languages are not OWNED by anyone at all. Ownership implies the ability to control and nobody has that ability for any natural language.
So, why would priority of origin imply *ownership*?
Like i said, it was first spoken there. No other does, without their influence.

Level 2

Location hidden

#105556 Nov 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignorant moron iyt was not a question, it was you proclaiming a typical Charie Idiot stupidity. I have spend sever weeks answering your ignorant statement with examples and academic evidence.
As a good godbot fundy you choose to ignore that evidence. Your ignorance is your problem, not mine.
I choose not to waste any more of my time on your stupidity over the subject of language
You are really an idiot. Accademic evidence with no logical backing is a myth. Now, name one country in mainland Europe, that takes English as a native language?

Level 2

Location hidden

#105557 Nov 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is there a 'baton'?
There is baton, because history says it started in Europe, but we can not really substantiate that claims because, English is not an official language to any mainland European countries.

Level 2

Location hidden

#105558 Nov 11, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
And shouldn't the baton belong to France?
No. Do you understand the term,'' independence ''?

Level 2

Location hidden

#105559 Nov 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>or should it belong to the Romans?
French bâton, from Old French baston, ultimately from Late Latin bastum stick
and isn't the Vatican by Rome? and don't the priests speak in latin often? it seems clear that it is god that is responsible for the stick up Charles' butt...
Still there is still difference between English and French. Buffoon.

Level 2

Location hidden

#105560 Nov 11, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't fish moo like cows?
Stupid is stupid! Don't waste everyone's time with questions they've already answered according to their world view.
1. There's no such thing as an immortal soul
2. Living beings don't live forever because Evolution isn't advanced by immense longevity.
There's nothing profound about your question so take your crystal ball and your Sears poncho and go home!
Tell your self that, Pierre.

Level 2

Location hidden

#105561 Nov 11, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Must have something to do with the International Date Line. Better check with Chuckles on that.
Here comes the poor dreamer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the letter I (Apr '12) 3 min Judy 123 451
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 3 min Yupp111 676
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 7 min Judy 123 1,785
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 11 min Judy 123 40,581
Big Boobs!!!!!! (Jun '13) 12 min Zoody Bafood 535
Alphabetical ways to die (Jul '11) 13 min wichita-rick 10,511
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 16 min Judy 123 55,053
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 17 min honeymylove 8,015
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 22 min ms_Sweeter 151,001
Bill Cosby 38 min wichita-rick 181