Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201768 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#105196 Nov 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>didn't it originate there before there was an England?
Not sure about the timing of the origination of the country vs the origination of the language....but you have a point.

How about: "The English language -- as we now know it -- originated in the country WE NOW KNOW as "England".

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#105197 Nov 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>It's upside-down here.
They have been doing this on the Utica, NY forum for a while. I didn't realize that it was going to expand to other forums. I find it annoying, but manageable.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Gulgong, Australia

#105198 Nov 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what does that have to do at all with me pointing out clearly that your claim had no rational basis?
You haven't pointed out anything at all. What you have offered is your opinion.

Here is my opinion about TOE.

Why Most Published Research Findings Are False

"Simulations show that for most study designs and settings, it is more likely for a research claim to be false than true. Moreover, for many current scientific fields, claimed research findings may often be simply accurate measures of the prevailing bias. In this essay, I discuss the implications of these problems for the conduct and interpretation of research."

http://www.plosmedicine.org/article/info:doi/ ...

Indeed a documented Genesis account at least gives creos a scenario to support falsify and make predictions from. TOE is a theory in evolution itself and has no preditive ability and is based on flawed and biased research, and still upposts a creationists paradigm better than TOE. eg human knuckle walking ancestry falsified on the back of one single fossil, the deteriorating genome, punctuated equilibrium, the death of single celled LUCA.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#105200 Nov 7, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
"Simulations show that for most study designs and settings, it is more likely for a research claim to be false than true. Moreover, for many current scientific fields, claimed research findings may often be simply accurate measures of the prevailing bias. In this essay, I discuss the implications of these problems for the conduct and interpretation of research."
Indeed a documented Genesis account at least gives creos a scenario to support falsify and make predictions from. TOE is a theory in evolution itself and has no preditive ability and is based on flawed and biased research, and still upposts a creationists paradigm better than TOE. eg human knuckle walking ancestry falsified on the back of one single fossil, the deteriorating genome, punctuated equilibrium, the death of single celled LUCA.
It's amusing that you use -- of all things -- a published research paper to argue that "...Most Published Research Findings Are False".

Hysterical, actually.

BTW, your link was bad. Try this one instead:

http://www.plosmedicine.org/article/info:doi/...

You offer instead, a 2000+ year old collection of campfire stories that is NOT a collection of "DOCUMENTED" accounts whatsoever.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#105202 Nov 7, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The stupid knows his children. English started in England, and by origination, the language belongs to them.
English is a West Germanic language that originated from the Anglo-Frisian dialects brought to Britain by Germanic invaders and/or settlers from various parts of what is now northwest Germany and the Netherlands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_E...

Old English (Ænglisc, Anglisc, Englisc) or Anglo-Saxon is an early form of the English language that was spoken and written by the Anglo-Saxons and their descendants in parts of what are now England and southern and eastern Scotland between at least the mid-5th century and the mid-12th century. What survives through writing represents primarily the literary register of Anglo-Saxon.

It is a West Germanic language closely related to Old Frisian and Old Saxon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_English

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#105204 Nov 7, 2013
What Maz does not realize is that even if 90% of published research findings were false is that it still beats her book of myths. Peer reviewed articles are only the first step in a scientific discovery. Any new finding will be tested by other scientists elsewhere. The false findings are found out and corrected. Her book of myth has no correction methodology.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#105206 Nov 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, dimwit. It started in Mainland Europe.
Mainland Europe? So, It started in Spain, France, Italy, Germany...etc.? Huh, you'd think those countries would have their own language such as Spanish, French, Italian, and German.

If you want to teach, you have to learn first. The United Kingdom, where English was first spoke, is an Island.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#105207 Nov 7, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
The paper makes the claim and attempts to support its claim that most published research findings are false and goes on to make recommendations to improve the process.

Without quibbling over the percentage of papers that may be correct or incorrect and even if we accept the paper at face vales, it does not make the claim that most of science or its theories are similarly incorrect. That is the jump you are making and THAT is incorrect.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#105208 Nov 7, 2013
MazHere wrote:
By the way, this last paragraph of yours is pure bullshit.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Gulgong, Australia

#105209 Nov 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
What Maz does not realize is that even if 90% of published research findings were false is that it still beats her book of myths. Peer reviewed articles are only the first step in a scientific discovery. Any new finding will be tested by other scientists elsewhere. The false findings are found out and corrected. Her book of myth has no correction methodology.
It appears your libraries full of myths does not beat an original documented account of what should appear in the fossil record.

Evolutionists copied their basic hierarchies from a biblical account that got it right first.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#105210 Nov 7, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amusing that you use -- of all things -- a published research paper to argue that "...Most Published Research Findings Are False".
Hysterical, actually.
Indeed.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#105211 Nov 7, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah that monster god of yours is out to burn and torture just about everyone.
There is no fire in hell, you don't burn, you rot. It's also not physical torture, but it is mental terror. All sin is conceived of in the mind before being acted upon. Hell is also not forever, except in the case of Satan. Eventually your spirit will be snuffed out (drowned) and you will cease to exist.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#105212 Nov 7, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
no, you stated that since abiogenesis hasn't been made in any laboratory setting it must be false, or did i misread that post of yours?

here is your post,#104734 on page 4969, in case you forgot or want context:
"Life is a complex factory of reproduction and metabolism. Scientists have every possible environment able to be reproduced in the lab. They can muck around with genes. Yet, after all this time and funding the fact is they have NOT made a living life form.

Speaking of 'several ways' that life theoretically could have made the jump is really just another way of saying, scientists cannot do it.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#105213 Nov 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There is no fire in hell, you don't burn, you rot. It's also not physical torture, but it is mental terror. All sin is conceived of in the mind before being acted upon. Hell is also not forever, except in the case of Satan. Eventually your spirit will be snuffed out (drowned) and you will cease to exist.
No god, no satan, no heaven, no hell. Just an unconscious, painless transformation back to the dirt. Rest easy, folks.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#105214 Nov 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course christians lie, their early religious education is based on lies, they are taught that such lies are natural and so they do not actually see the difference between lies and truth and so continue their lies throughout there life in what they say and do and is compounded in religious advertising.
The very fact that you use the word ‘truth’ to describe believe or faith I the pinnacle of those lies.
Last night on a game I was playing on my phone was an advert, the advert was one of the biggest christian lies I have ever seen it read skimpily -“Jesus brings life”.
Ok I thought, I will click this and complain that it is not only a moral lie but a factual lie and that such lies do nothing to enhance christianity, in fact they discredit it – guess what, no option for contact/feedback provided on the target website.
The thing is, Christians actually believe the lies they tell. And it's not just simple lying, it's false witness. There is a difference. They've had centuries to come up with long, complicated answers to plain and clear questions. The scriptures prove their god is false. The religion I call the Truth is based upon real events and the OT scriptures verify it. If the bible didn't exist, there would be no proof of God.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#105215 Nov 7, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>No god, no satan, no heaven, no hell. Just an unconscious, painless transformation back to the dirt. Rest easy, folks.
If that's what you want, God will grant your wish. I had a vision of my own death thirty years ago and there is a heaven. Only the righteous will go there and it doesn't matter what your religious beliefs are. They will eventually inherit and live on the earth.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#105216 Nov 7, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears your libraries full of myths does not beat an original documented account of what should appear in the fossil record.
Evolutionists copied their basic hierarchies from a biblical account that got it right first.
the bible couldn't even get the creation of the Earth or our solar system correct! sheesh, you religious cult freaks just don't get that, do you?
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#105217 Nov 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If that's what you want, God will grant your wish. I had a vision of my own death thirty years ago and there is a heaven. Only the righteous will go there and it doesn't matter what your religious beliefs are. They will eventually inherit and live on the earth.
Huh. You can't argue with visions.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#105218 Nov 7, 2013
Quarks. Tout Court.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#105219 Nov 7, 2013
Scientists Discover New Body Part. Two surgeons at University Hospitals Leuven have located a new ligament in the human knee.

Through all our technology we don't completely know about the humans living today today but think we know about the humans of the past.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/11/06/your-knee...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 min KNIGHT DeVINE 194,718
A six word game (Dec '08) 2 min Trouser Cough 19,501
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 47 min KNIGHT DeVINE 13,823
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 50 min wichita-rick 3,553
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 51 min KNIGHT DeVINE 32,701
Words of Love (Aug '10) 55 min KNIGHT DeVINE 1,806
Favorite lines from a song (Mar '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 3,649
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 3 hr Knock off purse s... 7,895
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Calisportsgirl 58,217
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 5 hr dod 8,539
More from around the web