Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#105152 Nov 7, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
A watermelon is over 96 percent water, does that mean it missed being a cloud by less than 4 percent.
Yeah. That's right, BlowHard. Whatever you say.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#105153 Nov 7, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
A watermelon is over 96 percent water, does that mean it missed being a cloud by less than 4 percent.
Nope. However if DNA doesn't show how closely related organisms are then there's no reason at all for you to share the vast majority of your genetic makeup with your parents, agreed?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#105154 Nov 7, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not the best example to use. We probably would be best compared to the conventional chimpanzee for our genetics. Bonobos branched away from chimps after humanity did.
On the contrary I think the talking lizard is a perfect example for Maz to demonstrate the existence of via genetics.

:-)

Oh, and the donkey too.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#105155 Nov 7, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
A human is 25% daffodil, does that mean we are all 1/4 flower?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#105156 Nov 7, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont even reply to that particular piece of inanity. you're just encouraging it.
Exactly.

Chuckles will continue to claim England owns English.

We will continue to claim Chuckles owns stupid.

Level 6

#105157 Nov 7, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont even reply to that particular piece of inanity. you're just encouraging it.
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
I apologise.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#105158 Nov 7, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
yes, yes he does. next he'll go back to saying the US was built with natural resources from Africa again...even after proven that isn't even close to true...

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#105159 Nov 7, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. That's right, BlowHard. Whatever you say.
By my calculations it means that Blowhard's brain is 76% watermelon.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#105160 Nov 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
At a minimum.

“What can I do to get the Topix”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

cops upset?

#105161 Nov 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodnight
Christine, I if I had known you would be here in three more hours, I would have stayed awake.

“What can I do to get the Topix”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

cops upset?

#105162 Nov 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The other 24% is cow byproduct.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#105163 Nov 7, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Behe's claim that the flagellum is irreducibly complex was falsified. Likewise his claims about the immune system and the blood clotting cascade.
we have enough examples to show that it works on a macro-scale, such as the 3-boned middle ear transitions in mammals, all supported by fossil evidence.
Evolution is a complexity generator par excellence...and your lying assertion that biologists just attribute everything to "time" is absurd.
I don't live in an abstract world, my working world is in concrete realities everyday or we go out of business. Behe didn't discover blood clotting, he merely used it as an example of a simple appearing but actually terrifically complex process of decade reactions and key feedback sequences that really make clotting work or we die, that if any one piece in the process is omitted all blood life dependent fauna on the planet is done for. To prove this fact, he quotes the common element in rat poison that eliminates one sequence in the reaction and mr. rat is a gonner, in reality. Our clotting systems are a miracle that we should thank God for.

Your single (reptile)to three bone(mammal)analogy is a really poor example to use as proof of an operable evolutionary mechanism. Anyone find a 2 bone ear set yet? No.. Find an odd extinct animal with a 3bone mammal ear, maybe.

“Bones have generally low degrees of heritability because they form parts of complex, integrated functional units that are subject not only to many genes with multiple effects (pleiotropism), but also to a large number of nongenetic influences. It is therefore difficult to divide bones into discrete, independent units of phylogenetic information. For these reasons, bones and other aspects of morphology can yield reasonably correct results for phylogenetic analyses of high-level taxonomic units, but become increasingly less reliable at lower taxonomic levels, such as species.

Lieberman, D.E., Homology and hominid phylogeny: problems and potential solutions, Evolutionary Anthropology 7:142–151, 1999.

Ear operation in transitional forms would have been very iffy in your mutation scheme as deaf intermediates would have been gobbled up by their predators, another miracle of survival of the fittest. Without them how could the mutation process have succeeded to completion? Never been observed in the real world nor explainable at the DNA level.

http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/a-questio...

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#105164 Nov 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
A human is 25% daffodil, does that mean we are all 1/4 flower?
Hmm? I don't know, but I suspect Dude is a fruit.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#105165 Nov 7, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't live in an abstract world, my working world is in concrete realities everyday or we go out of business. Behe didn't discover blood clotting, he merely used it as an example of a simple appearing but actually terrifically complex process of decade reactions and key feedback sequences that really make clotting work or we die, that if any one piece in the process is omitted all blood life dependent fauna on the planet is done for. To prove this fact, he quotes the common element in rat poison that eliminates one sequence in the reaction and mr. rat is a gonner, in reality. Our clotting systems are a miracle that we should thank God for.
Your single (reptile)to three bone(mammal)analogy is a really poor example to use as proof of an operable evolutionary mechanism. Anyone find a 2 bone ear set yet? No.. Find an odd extinct animal with a 3bone mammal ear, maybe.
“Bones have generally low degrees of heritability because they form parts of complex, integrated functional units that are subject not only to many genes with multiple effects (pleiotropism), but also to a large number of nongenetic influences. It is therefore difficult to divide bones into discrete, independent units of phylogenetic information. For these reasons, bones and other aspects of morphology can yield reasonably correct results for phylogenetic analyses of high-level taxonomic units, but become increasingly less reliable at lower taxonomic levels, such as species.
Lieberman, D.E., Homology and hominid phylogeny: problems and potential solutions, Evolutionary Anthropology 7:142–151, 1999.
Ear operation in transitional forms would have been very iffy in your mutation scheme as deaf intermediates would have been gobbled up by their predators, another miracle of survival of the fittest. Without them how could the mutation process have succeeded to completion? Never been observed in the real world nor explainable at the DNA level.
http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/a-questio...
One more time, Behe's claim was shown to be wrong. In fact in the Dover trial it was about the blood clot cascade where he was first totally shot down. He claimed there was no peer reviewed science that explained how it evolved and the pro-science side built a "fort" of journal articles and textbooks around him that showed he was wrong.

What Behe keeps forgetting is that different parts of the body, whether molecular or chemical can have different uses.

Here is an apt analogy. If you ever saw an arc of bricks you may have wonder how it was built. If you take on brick out the whole arch falls. What some people don't realize is that a supporting structure is in place while the arch is built and it was taken away after the mortar set. Now would you think someone was a fool who claimed that since the arch would fail if it was not all built at the exact same time miraculously?

All Behe ever had was a massive argument from ignorance. He would take a topic in cutting edge science and claim that it was too difficult to solve, therefore "God did it". Other scientists didn't think so and solved the problem. Behe has failed multiple times and is now only admired in creatard circles. With a heavy emphasis on the "tard".

Level 2

Location hidden

#105166 Nov 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha,hA,...That's funny

here's one

What do you get when you breed a chimp with Chromiuman?

a dumber ape! ha,ha,ha.

Level 2

Location hidden

#105167 Nov 7, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>The other 24% is cow byproduct.
Hey you got the math right, I'm impressed. I guess the calculators batteries are still good

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#105168 Nov 7, 2013
SBT, I just read the part of your article about ear evolution.

I may see if I can find some links for you, but mammalian ear evolution is fairly well understood. You know any of your articles are full of crap if they ever use the word "accidentally". At that point it safe to quit reading since the writers clearly have no clue about how evolution works.

Evolution is not "accidental". Anyone who claims it does not understand evolution and you cannot debunk what you do not understand.

So you are left with two possibilities. Either the writers are lying, and I think this is actually the more realistic probability, or that are complete idiots. I don't see a third possibility out there.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#105169 Nov 7, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha,hA,...That's funny
here's one
What do you get when you breed a chimp with Chromiuman?
a dumber ape! ha,ha,ha.
That's the best you can do? Oh, right...I've read your posts. Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in.

Level 6

#105170 Nov 7, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Christine, I if I had known you would be here in three more hours, I would have stayed awake.
Aww you are too nice. Don’t stop up on my behalf, enjoy your rest

Level 6

#105171 Nov 7, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm? I don't know, but I suspect Dude is a fruit.
Suspect? You mean you are guessing? Are you christian by some chance?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 8 min eleanorigby 39,330
Word Association (Jun '10) 22 min whatimeisit 26,670
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 23 min Lumajuice 157,991
Your "favorite"Movie Quotes with or w/o video;))) 37 min Wolftracks 87
Couple filmed 'having sex on Charlton Athletic'... 2 hr FTW Forever 25
Rest in Peace, Spock 2 hr -Lea- 223
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 hr Brandiiiiiiii 3,998
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 hr NinaRocks 17,914
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 6 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 801
More from around the web