Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,968)

Showing posts 99,341 - 99,360 of106,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
You guys are killing me. Now you have replay defending Maz. That is classic. You guys rock.
give me some string and a stick and i can make him dance a jig....

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
He says it all the time.
Then why didn't you quote him saying that?

He said "your god" there, he did not say "god". Do you understand the difference?

Probably not. You have a mental block of some sort.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Please note, in my prior post I should have written that woodtick implied "your god" not god in general.

He has claimed that certain gods have been shown not to exist.

Christians make the mistake of assuming that their god is the only possible god. An arrogance that comes from assuming that they are correct.

“Life is a learning highway”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

that too many get lost on

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what is it you think this quote from the post i responded to means, fool?
"Scientists have every possible environment able to be reproduced in the lab. They can muck around with genes. Yet, after all this time and funding the fact is they have NOT made a living life form."
Science is what says that they can recreate early earth conditions in their lab. Have you forgot that. Example Miller–Urey experiment to name just one. So MazHere was just saying what science implies and says.

“My DNA tastes like chicken”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>give me some string and a stick and i can make him dance a jig....
I believe you. Don't forget to walk him and make sure he gets plenty of water and food. I am not sure what to feed him, but I see on here he eats a lot of shit. He seems to like it.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me walk you through it.
<quoted text>
Your reply was;
<quoted text>
Not once is their comment did they insinuate that. So you just made up BS as usual.
You seem to have missed the sarcasm.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why didn't you quote him saying that?
He said "your god" there, he did not say "god". Do you understand the difference?
Probably not. You have a mental block of some sort.
The only God we speak of is "God the creator" He is the only God I believe in. So to me he is saying God is proven false.

You understand the difference there? We don't talk about Zues or Poseidon or etc etc do we?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is what says that they can recreate early earth conditions in their lab. Have you forgot that. Example Miller–Urey experiment to name just one. So MazHere was just saying what science implies and says.
Early Earth conditions can be recreated in the laboratory. The processes needed can be reproduced, but speeding up the time factor needed is very difficult. So unless you can name an experiment that has run for millions of years people cannot claim that science has failed. They may not have succeeded yet, but that in now means that they have failed.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The only God we speak of is "God the creator" He is the only God I believe in. So to me he is saying God is proven false.
You understand the difference there? We don't talk about Zues or Poseidon or etc etc do we?
Yes, your personal prejudiced assumes your "God" is the only possibility. You are misunderstanding what he has claimed.

The reason we don't speak about other gods is that no one believes in them. Why didn't you mention Allah or the various Hindu gods, hmm, I wonder why?

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, you misunderstand what i say all the time.
you clearly are not very intelligent...
Where is your evidence that proves God of the bible false?

Funny you always claim that but never back it up.

Now the bible was written by man, so it is not perfect and has mistakes just like anything else man has done. And in your own words you say the bible can't be used as evidence. So how can you use it for evidence against God?

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Early Earth conditions can be recreated in the laboratory. The processes needed can be reproduced, but speeding up the time factor needed is very difficult. So unless you can name an experiment that has run for millions of years people cannot claim that science has failed. They may not have succeeded yet, but that in now means that they have failed.
On that same note unless you can show that every potential pathway for God to exist has been explored then you cannot say God is impossible, proven false or can’t exist.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
A word of warning, replaytime thinks of his god as "living" and therefore if that god used some sort of magic to start life that does not qualify as abiogenesis. Yet by the definition of abiogenesis most would say that it does.
The "living god" thing was the favorite game of Marksman11.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your evidence that proves God of the bible false?
Funny you always claim that but never back it up.
Now the bible was written by man, so it is not perfect and has mistakes just like anything else man has done. And in your own words you say the bible can't be used as evidence. So how can you use it for evidence against God?
Where else do you get any information about THAT god except from the bible?

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have missed the sarcasm.
Sarcasm is one thing but he wasn't being sarcastic. Read his last few posts. They show that.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, ummmm...we've been around this one already...

where do you get your concept of this god you believe in except from that bible? or did you create this god yourself, which brings us back to a man-made god again...

you already lost this debate, why are you trying it again?

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, your personal prejudiced assumes your "God" is the only possibility. You are misunderstanding what he has claimed.
The reason we don't speak about other gods is that no one believes in them. Why didn't you mention Allah or the various Hindu gods, hmm, I wonder why?
God is God whether another culture calls him Allah or what ever.

Allah(the Arabic word for God) means God the creator and sustainer of the universe.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Where else do you get any information about THAT god except from the bible?
So like I said. A book you say can't be used for evidence is what you are using for evidence. That is logical as can be huh. lol

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
A word of warning, replaytime thinks of his god as "living" and therefore if that god used some sort of magic to start life that does not qualify as abiogenesis. Yet by the definition of abiogenesis most would say that it does.
What would you say is the definition of abiogenesis?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
allah is the same god, different sect of the abrahamic cult, but still the god of abraham...

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
On that same note unless you can show that every potential pathway for God to exist has been explored then you cannot say God is impossible, proven false or can’t exist.
And I never have.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 99,341 - 99,360 of106,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••