Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222271 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#104954 Nov 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say you bitched about God. I said the creationist see you as bitching about God. Try reading the post again before you jump to a conclusion and put words in my mouth that I did not say.
Yeah, I would hate to see someone else do what you do.

Tell us your sad story of woe again.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#104955 Nov 5, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you are, being so stupid that you remind me of subby. If God starts the universe and begins life it's called...wait for it .creation!
If the universe came into existence on it's own , and a primordial soup coalesced on it's own and came to life , that's abiogenesis.
Webster has a fine dictionary, check it out.
You are just so hostile to the very concept of God, you will believe any and all things , no matter how stupid.

Unless of course the creator.... created life by abiogenesis.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#104956 Nov 5, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you are, being so stupid that you remind me of subby. If God starts the universe and begins life it's called...wait for it .creation!
If the universe came into existence on it's own , and a primordial soup coalesced on it's own and came to life , that's abiogenesis.
You are just so hostile to the very concept of God, you will believe any and all things , no matter how stupid.
so you are saying a god, if there were one, would be life?

no corporeal body, no substance. wouldn't that just be some kind of energy?

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#104957 Nov 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Because i have shown it to you far, far too many times. you know this. i know this. everyone on this site knows this.
the matter is settled. you worship a proven false idol.
i've got some real water if you'd like it, and i have the correct sized container for it.(the half-full/half-empty thing is just and engineering problem, not a philosophical one...)
Translated to you have nothing but like to run your mouth as if you do. Noted.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#104958 Nov 5, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I would hate to see someone else do what you do.
Tell us your sad story of woe again.
Are you trying to get my attention again Chester from Smithville? LOL

You have been trying several times today but had to break down and reply directly to me huh. LMAO

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#104959 Nov 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>(the half-full/half-empty thing is just and engineering problem, not a philosophical one...)
Oh and it is not a engineering problem. No matter how big or small the glass is, it could be filled only part way. Swing and a miss but thanks for playing.

The way to solve it is to be the opportunists, drink it and say problem solved. But you would have never figured that out.

Level 9

#104960 Nov 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UVNHcob3oJgXX
You have been trying several times today but had to break down and reply directly to me huh. LMAO
I don't have to try and get the attention of the boy that reads my posts on threads he never even goes to.

You realize that your post is a confession that you have been paying attention to me.

Poor, sad little thing. Better lay on the Preparation H, because people have spent the whole day ripping you a new one.

ROFLMMFAO!!!

Level 9

#104961 Nov 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UVNHcob3oJgXX
Tell us again about all the Commandments you have broken. That sure does seem to make you proud.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104962 Nov 5, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, I've googled all the articles on ,origin of life and none are as optimistic as you. You are wrong on many fronts in your statement, your..( we have details of the early stages of this process?) really! no one else seems to, it's all unsupported guesses, the ..(no fundamental issues that require supernatural forces at work instead of basic natural forces?) It's all problems of a fundamental nature! Is it reasonable to assume? that a collection of chemicals came to life! You may argue it , but there's nothing scientific or reasonable about it. An astrobiologist from the University of Arizona last year stated that there isn't even a concensus on how to even approach the problem of creating life or how it began
Scientific American had an article about the subject and spoke of an incomprehensible gulf between life and non life, where hypothesis and theories crash and burn.
Really? Where are these supposedly pessimistic articles?

And of course it is reasonable to assume that chemicals can make life on their own. All other foolish claims of "God did it" have been busted to date, why do you think that this last one won't be?

So what evidence do you have that support your beliefs except for your lack of faith in the abilities of scientists?

Level 9

#104963 Nov 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I must live in your head and haunt your dreams. You can't go a day without talking about me. You even speak of me on threads I don't go to. It must suck that I have so much control over you mentally. LMFAO
Yes, I don't ever have to worry about my obsessive stalker not paying attention to me.

You must really hate that everyone caught the stupidity of YOU commenting about posts I am supposed to make on threads YOU don't go to. I am still curious how YOU would know what I posted if YOU didn't go there. Come on tell me. You can trust me.

And you rip on other people as if you are sharper than they are.

ROFLMMFAO!!! STILL ROFLMMFAO!!!

St. Croix valley

#104964 Nov 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Translated to you have nothing but like to run your mouth as if you do. Noted.
why is it you cannot counter my facts on this issue? didn't your god give you the words to use?

why is it you always run away when we get to the part of you admitting the bible is written soley by man and you get everything you know about the god you believe in from that same bible?

why is it you always run then?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104965 Nov 5, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad that Webster agrees with us. His definition does not rule out abiogenesis by God:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/abi...

" the supposed spontaneous origination of living organisms directly from lifeless matter"

They do sound a bit skeptical, which means some creatards may have written this and incorrectly let their bias through.

The same people probably also wrote the dictionary definition for their medical dictionary, here their bias led them to an error equating abiogenesis with spontaneous generation:

" the supposed spontaneous origination of living organisms directly from lifeless matterócalled also spontaneous generation; compare biogenesis"

If you want to discuss why abiogenesis is not spontaneous generation I would be happy to discuss that.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#104966 Nov 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why is it you cannot counter my facts on this issue? didn't your god give you the words to use?
why is it you always run away when we get to the part of you admitting the bible is written soley by man and you get everything you know about the god you believe in from that same bible?
why is it you always run then?
You have to make facts first and back them up. You never do. You just run your mouth all the time.

I bet science would like to examine you. A walking talking dic with ears. Now that is something to investigate. lol

St. Croix valley

#104967 Nov 5, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us again about all the Commandments you have broken. That sure does seem to make you proud.
but the bible was written by man, he said so himself. so those aren't the commandments of any god...

he seems confused...

St. Croix valley

#104968 Nov 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to make facts first and back them up. You never do. You just run your mouth all the time.
I bet science would like to examine you. A walking talking dic with ears. Now that is something to investigate. lol
nope, you know you are lying about this.

would you like me to retrieve the posts where you and i talked all about this and you admitted the bible is wholly the work of man?

Level 9

#104969 Nov 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to investigate something like that, you are on the wrong forum. ROFL!

St. Croix valley

#104970 Nov 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and it is not a engineering problem. No matter how big or small the glass is, it could be filled only part way. Swing and a miss but thanks for playing.
The way to solve it is to be the opportunists, drink it and say problem solved. But you would have never figured that out.
no, it is just that the people have the wrong sized container. and it is always full. either full with air and water of full with air.
see? isn't logic fun?(not that you'd know...)

Level 9

#104971 Nov 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but the bible was written by man, he said so himself. so those aren't the commandments of any god...
he seems confused...
If he could turn his obsession toward educating himself, he wouldn't be so confused. Unfortunately, his delusion tells him it is everyone else that has the problem.

If he had the strength of character he tries convince everyone he has, he could admit when he is wrong and behave in a civil manner. He doesn't so he can't.

Level 9

#104972 Nov 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nope, you know you are lying about this.
would you like me to retrieve the posts where you and i talked all about this and you admitted the bible is wholly the work of man?
I read those posts myself. He said exactly what you state.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#104973 Nov 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, it is just that the people have the wrong sized container. and it is always full. either full with air and water of full with air.
see? isn't logic fun?(not that you'd know...)
But you can't view(see) the air. Yes isn't logic fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 1 min Crazy Jae 13,645
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 1 min quilterqueen 10,238
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 2 min Crazy Jae 21,008
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 3 min quilterqueen 62,200
Things That Are Solid,... 5 min quilterqueen 58
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 10 min quilterqueen 83,961
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 13 min Doug77 37,091
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 18 min T Bone 5,522
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min wichita-rick 222,237
Cyber Friendships real or not? (Nov '11) 1 hr honeymylove 1,309