Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
CrimeaRiver

South Ockendon, UK

#104708 Nov 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> We humans, all have these God given talents, why i said God, are that, other animals can not do that, except humans.
These gifts were given to us by ancient aliens who allowed us the power of rational thought and speech. How else did we learn these things than by a intelligent life from a celestail plain.

Does that sound stupid to you?

Now you know how we feel!
CrimeaRiver

South Ockendon, UK

#104709 Nov 5, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in Brazil winter fell on a Thursday this year.
Here in the UK, Winter fell on an October

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#104710 Nov 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No body is above learning. None. Now if you are going by that concepts, i will simply tell you that, you are wrong, because science use them in real, so that makes them real, or are you saying science is lying?
You are totally screwed when it comes to the concept of reality. Science uses the perception of imaginary lines, It does not actually use real imaginary lines because THEY ARE IMAGINARY lines. Why is it so difficult for you to comprehend the difference between real and imaginary? Oh I know, you whole goddidit by magic belief is based on the imagination that you believe to be real
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are not above learning either. Are you now saying, science is lying? Something imagined can also be reality.
You ignorant fool, of course people learn, well most people, it seems you stopped learning in Sunday school. No I am not saying science is lying, I am saying you are confused.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, from your fatigued premises, science is imaginary. Good.
Nope, thatís your guess born of ignorance. Like all good christards you assume that you are good at guessing, after all you base a whole religion on it. However in real life what you are doing is guessing.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are the stupid. So, science is imaginary?
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, science is imaginary?
Nope, you are just confused and ignorant.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#104711 Nov 5, 2013
bohart wrote:
Amazing! when faced with the truth , denial kicks in despite all the evidence against you! The meaning of your own theory is against you!
Pay no attention to the meaning of that word! it's what the Dude says it is!
But I DID pay attention. Now go back and tell me where it said "inanimate".
bohart wrote:
Either you don't have the brains to understand what spontaneous generation from inorganic matter means,a strong possibility, or you are just a lying evotard. I'll take that one
I haven't to support my position. You *have* lied to support yours.

My position does not violate its own axioms. Yours does. When do you plan to address this major discrepancy?

Carry on being a lying hypocrite, Bo. It's not like you know how to be anything else.(shrug)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#104712 Nov 5, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Adding to the above:
Distance, mass, time are real.
Metres, kilograms, and seconds are units we made up so that its possible for us to quantify and compare real distances, masses, and times. We can change the unit of measurement without changing how much distance, mass, or time is really there. If I say you have 454 grams or 1 pound of butter its still the same amount of butter. The units are imaginary, the quantity of butter is real.

Here is the quantitative difference between abstract measures and the abstract concept of god. We can measure out with real physical; devices and demonstrate using science the very thing that only exists physically in abstract thought. Such as Metres, kilograms, and seconds, state lines points on a compass.
Volts watts and all abstract units can be shown to physically exist. Because these things exist in reality but are understood in abstract in relation to the physical reality.

Unfortunately Charles, I nor anyone else can measure out to demonstrate the physical reality of god. With any known device tool or method and what makes it even more illusionary, is the fact it cant be demonstrated to be real by any effect that can be measured.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#104713 Nov 5, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me for interupting your rant, but..... ranting does not change what the word 'observation' refers to.
What is observed is galaxies moving away from the milkyway as if it is central to the universe.
This is wrong. What we observe is an expansion with the property that *every* galaxy would see other galaxies moving away from it. No galaxy is central because there is no center of expansion.
What BB offers is a mess that satisfies a philosophy, the Copernican principle, and uses mysteries to explain 97% of itself.
No, the BB describes quite well the expansion of the universe, the abundances of light elements, the structure of the cosmic background radiation, the effects of gravitational lenses, etc. It does hypothesize dark matter and dark energy, which make up about 97% of the *energy* density, but that is a very different thing than simply fitting a philosophy.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#104714 Nov 5, 2013
bohart wrote:
Abiogenesis is a theory that attempts to explain the origin of life through random natural processes.
Wrong. Abiogenesis attempts to explain the origin of life through natural processes. But those processes are NOT random.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#104715 Nov 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, science is imaginary?
Chuck, I don't know if this will help, but think of property lines or political boundaries between countries. Those lines exist on maps, but the representations on the map don't reflect an actual line of natural origin on the ground. They are a human construct based on real principles and established by consensus (for lack of a better term) that allow us to define an area of land. Longitude and latitude are established in the same way, based on scientific principles, but they are conceptual and not physical.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#104716 Nov 5, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Adding to the above:
Distance, mass, time are real.
Metres, kilograms, and seconds are units we made up so that its possible for us to quantify and compare real distances, masses, and times. We can change the unit of measurement without changing how much distance, mass, or time is really there. If I say you have 454 grams or 1 pound of butter its still the same amount of butter. The units are imaginary, the quantity of butter is real.
Beat me to the punch and nicely done.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#104717 Nov 5, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in the UK, Winter fell on an October
Here in Dubai we think its winter when you can swim in a pool that isnt cooled.
CrimeaRiver

South Ockendon, UK

#104718 Nov 5, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
lololol - I've never heard of a pool needing to be cooled.... now i've heard everything

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#104719 Nov 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am indirectly telling you that, science is limited. It does not knows everything. In reality, no body wants to die?
Everybody knows that science dies not know everything.

But we have at least learned a lot more by using the scientific method than we ever did listening to crazy men who thought the Lord of the Universe was whispering eternal truths into their ears.

Level 8

Location hidden

#104720 Nov 5, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? Do you have to cool swimming pools?

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#104721 Nov 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Life arise from organic matter, no modern hypothesis says something different. Organic matter is long chains of covalently bonded carbon atoms. The Earth pumps these type molecules out from the deep sea vents. These also fall out the sky. So your analogy is wrong from the start, perhaps you mean abiogenesis is a process that life arises from inanimate matter. But your unwillingness to think this is possible , does not negate the possibility it did.
Here is the evolutionist in all his scientific glory, I'm unwilling to think dead matter can become alive, and that doesn't negate it could have happened? The reason I don't think it happened is there has never ever been one shred of scientific evidence that it did or ever could happen. Here the evolutionist shows his faith in the unseen .I thought you guys spoke all the time about evidence? apparently not.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#104722 Nov 5, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Abiogenesis attempts to explain the origin of life through natural processes. But those processes are NOT random.
Ha,Ha,Ha, oh yeah !

Here You go to! redefining the definition of the theory to fit your version of what you believe. You are as bad as sucking bone and Dud

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#104723 Nov 5, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha,Ha,Ha, oh yeah !
Here You go to! redefining the definition of the theory to fit your version of what you believe. You are as bad as sucking bone and Dud
How was that a redefinition?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#104724 Nov 5, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha,Ha,Ha, oh yeah !
Just because you donít understand the theory does not mean everyone does not understand it.

Abiogenesis is the idea of life originating from non-living material

No random involved
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#104726 Nov 5, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the evolutionist in all his scientific glory, I'm unwilling to think dead matter can become alive, and that doesn't negate it could have happened? The reason I don't think it happened is there has never ever been one shred of scientific evidence that it did or ever could happen. Here the evolutionist shows his faith in the unseen .I thought you guys spoke all the time about evidence? apparently not.
Of course there's evidence. We've pointed it out to you many times.
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha,Ha,Ha, oh yeah !

No redefinition needed. Our position all along is that abiogenesis involves natural chemical processes giving rise to life. Since chemistry is chemistry, that means it's NOT random. Remember, the opposite of random is NOT "intelligence".

Tell us Bo, does combining hydrogen and oxygen "randomly" create neon or helium?

You may remember me pointing out that our position doesn't violate its own axioms while yours does in literally MILLIONS of ways. Have you managed to address this glaring discrepancy in your position yet?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#104727 Nov 5, 2013
SBT wrote:
I posted a challenge and predicted you could never get started. I was right.
<snip fundie rhetorical BS>
No you weren't.
SBT wrote:
http://www.pnas.org/content/ea rly/2013/06/19/1301664110.abst ract
I posted a challenge, explain the evolution of only one of the 11 coils in the motor and why it runs only on protons or giveup. And by they way, I'll warn you, none these folks have yet to figure out how the motor even starts, so good luck.
If that's the case then neither do you. Something which you already admitted. While everything we DO know is thanks to the evolutionary biologists that you reject for theological reasons. And while you've been dazzling your fellow fundies with faux techy-talk you STILL haven't been able to address why Yersinia pestis completely undercuts your claims. As if Goddidit with magic didn't do that already anyway.

That's why you always fail to present evidence. That's why you lost Dover. Because your side always "forgets" to bring it.

Carry on being a lying hypocrite, SBT. It's all you know.(shrug)

Level 8

Location hidden

#104728 Nov 5, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
There is evidence this happened.
Starting with stromatolites , the biosphere was created.
The mystery begins with "How did Cyanobacteria evolve?"
From self replicating molecules that formed into RNA chains.
We have been able to make organic matter form into self replicating molecules. It only need time to form into Cyanobacteria. While we haven't been able to quite make what is considered life, we are close...very close, and the evidence is that this is how it happened. The organic matter is there , and we have found several ways it could have made the jump to living.
It won't be long before we do, find out how it happened.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/bacteria/cyanofr...

http://news.discovery.com/tech/biotechnology/...

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/05/rib...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'd rather... (Oct '11) 23 min UnderstandPeople 1,827
Posting Etiquette (Feb '14) 26 min Hey 264
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 46 min Bill 281
Waitress Hits Lottery, Won't Quit Job 46 min Friends in ARIZONA 10
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 47 min Hey 15,424
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 54 min Wolftracks 147,012
Plunging into Crocodile Pond: Thai-Style Suicide 55 min Spotted Girl 8
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr wichita-rick 1,078
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Enzo49 20,533
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 5 hr Enzo49 416