Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
99,041 - 99,060 of 114,472 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
So noted, only if you reread your condescending statement. Dan, you are only motivating me to be better at refuting you. No one on your side here want's me to post more motor study, but if you insist...
If only you studied...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it should be simple for you. Show the word that meant sphere. I gave you ball/circle(the one I got from Mike. You gave one for circle. But where is your word for sphere or words that could be used to describe a sphere around those times. A ball, a circle could not describe a sphere for they did not even have a effin clue what a sphere was back then. That is a fact that you cannot seem to grasp.
They'd never seen a pea? Or an orange?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I love winter in MN! the negative F temperatures keeps the riff-raff out.(disclaimer...winter in a city sucks the big one, winter in the woods is magical..)
i do not think i could live where there are not 4 distinct seasons.
When I miss snow on the pine boughs, I remember that the Almighty created airplanes and long weekends because he loves us - then once I get past the airports and drive through slush in holiday traffic, I remember he's the wrathful God who created Hell.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you just love scientific terminology????. And yet, not a shred of evidence for the same 'Goldilocks' luck with address and a plethora of systems required to sustain life, found anywhere. What do you suppose OBSERVATION refers to as opposed to speculation?.
You are the one having a 'DER' moment holding hands with atheist scientists!
So what you're saying is that you have observed 0.0000000000000000000000000000 1% of the universe and concluded the Earth is the only planet in the universe with life?

Wow.
MazHere wrote:
Actually it is you that have replaced observation with boogeymen called algorithmic magic based on a philosophy called the Copernican principle, and call that science.
You do realize don't you, that what is OBSERVED by scientists, is that, the earth is special?
Sure. The Earth is special. To us. It IS a subjective term after all.
MazHere wrote:
That is one evidence for a special creation that beggs a creative intelligence. That is the same evidence atheists have hand waved away with assumptions.
No, that's not evidence. That's a massive assumption WITHOUT evidence. Evidence of a life-sustaining planet is merely evidence of a life-sustaining planet. Not evidence that a life-sustaining planet was made by an invisible magic Jew. And then who made the magic Jew? Surely if life is evidence of a creator then magic Jew is evidence of another creator. And so on and so forth. MAZ slams headfirst into the infinite regression fallacy then Dude prophesies hypocritical fundie axiom exemption clause. The Dude abides.
MazHere wrote:
It is actually you that hide under blankets with your philosophy, thinking the truth is a boogeyman.
"Truth" is merely a religious claim. What we're interested in is facts and evidence. You have none.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Even all the researchers that have ever published anything on prebiotic cells have no clue why their hypothesis can NEVER be replicated in the lab. BOO HOO!
'Goldilocks did it' is falsified with every lab failure whilst 'God did it' is further validated.
Right. So 30 years of research hasn't been able to solve a 3.5 billion year old riddle which may have taken thousands of thousands of years, therefore Goddidit with magic. God of the gaps fallacy. If not A therefore B fallacy. Isn't even f cking science fallacy.

Stop pretending that you're interested in evidence. Unless you love to lie.

Oh wait, you're a fundie.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Is a football a sphere? Is a rugby ball a sphere? Nope but they are balls huh? So ball does not mean sphere.
Yes, a football is a sphere. Pretty much.

If Americans played FOOTball they wouldn't be spending 97% of the game carrying it in their hands.

Level 1

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Except their proposal involved looking for organisms which were difficult to classify as biological and non-biological, with the suggestion that they may possibly be 'extra-terrestrial'. This alone isn't enough to remove them from common ancestry altogether, and further doesn't address the fact that even IF they were correct there's no reason to presume their appearance on Earth in any way affected the evolution of life altogether.
The point is, as the article concludes, there is no need to assume that any organisms genetic similarity to 'weird life', will signify common ancestry, in the case of multigenesis.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I say "How could they know the difference of a circle and a sphere if they did not know better and the word sphere did not exist? They did not have the knowledge to even know the earth was round. They could not even hold up a ball and say our earth is this shape.
Refute that idiot!
God Himself apparently told them exactly what the shape of the Earth was and they STILL got it wrong.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
That has nothing to do with the point I made. You lot can't have your eggs in different baskets. Either all life that evolves independently is hypothesisied to be genetically similar or it isn't. Are you too scared to go with one or the other????
Yes, Indeed you are evading and skirting, because if multiple variations of life that is meant to have evolved, is genetically similar, the argument for comparative genomics looses steam.
<quoted text>
I can't see any research here above. Indeed any research you present will soon be shown to cherry pick similarity out of a plethora of differences thrown into an algorithmic magic blender, you call data. eg. The myth of 1%,
"Researchers are finding that on top of the 1% distinction, chunks of missing DNA, extra genes, altered connections in gene networks, and the very structure of chromosomes confound any quantification of “humanness” versus “chimpness.”“There isn’t one single way to express the genetic distance between two complicated living organisms,” Gagneux adds."
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/316/5833/18...
http://watchmenservices.info/New%20Folder/Hum...
Are you now suggesting this evolutionary researcher above does not know what he is talking about, but you do????????
Very good linking to a source where membership is needed then using a Watchtower fundie source to translate for us, because they would never lie, would they? Therefore we can't see precisely what it is he's talking about.

No problem - just find the organism that's not a chimp with the genome that's, base for base, closest to human.

Level 1

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. So 30 years of research hasn't been able to solve a 3.5 billion year old riddle which may have taken thousands of thousands of years, therefore Goddidit with magic. God of the gaps fallacy. If not A therefore B fallacy. Isn't even f cking science fallacy.
Stop pretending that you're interested in evidence. Unless you love to lie.
Oh wait, you're a fundie.
Excuse me for interupting your rant, but..... ranting does not change what the word 'observation' refers to.

What is observed is galaxies moving away from the milkyway as if it is central to the universe. What BB offers is a mess that satisfies a philosophy, the Copernican principle, and uses mysteries to explain 97% of itself.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
The point that researcher was making is that there is more than one way to measure differences. Still the validity of the 98% similarity between the species still stands.
Indeed. But if you start measuring gene or chromosome comparisons you may get figures around 75% since the DNA can have changed, say, more in one gene than another. But an analysis of genetic drift will remain consistent, as will a base-by-base genome comparison. Tie that together with ERV's, comparative anatomy and nested hierarchies consistent with all those and you've got a pretty cut and dried case for common ancestry.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, as the article concludes, there is no need to assume that any organisms genetic similarity to 'weird life', will signify common ancestry, in the case of multigenesis.
Aliens stopping by doesn't stop evolution.

Unless they really WERE conducting reproduction experiments... all that time I thought that little blackout was because of the beer.

:-O
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me for interupting your rant, but..... ranting does not change what the word 'observation' refers to.
What is observed is galaxies moving away from the milkyway as if it is central to the universe. What BB offers is a mess that satisfies a philosophy, the Copernican principle, and uses mysteries to explain 97% of itself.
In your opinion. Go get it peer-reviewed then.

Wait, the evil world-wide atheist Darwinist evolutionist Copernican conspiracy won't allow it? Darn, that's inconvenient.

Must suck to be you.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Aliens stopping by doesn't stop evolution.
Unless they really WERE conducting reproduction experiments... all that time I thought that little blackout was because of the beer.
:-O
and the probing? was that just frat boys being frat boys?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

And in case anyone is under the delusion that Maz has the slightest interest in science:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/seventh-d...

God hates a hypocrite. Apparently.

Maz is screwed then.(shrug)

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Andromeda is moving towards us pretty quickly.
wouldn't any observer in any galaxy note that most of the rest of the universe is moving away from them as if they were central?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Now please don't have a tantrum and spit your dummy out trying to hide the fact that you are incompetent.
Uh, aren't you the one who's saying that "Science can't explain X therefore Jews are magic!"?(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and the probing? was that just frat boys being frat boys?
Have to ask Maz that one. Either he was getting too frisky or him and his alien pals still haven't figured out that Uranus ain't for reproduction.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Amazing.

Maz came back with the same BS from last year and actually expected things to go differently. Unless it was the masochist martyr complex side of him which loves a good thrashing as usual.(shrug)

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

The Dude wrote:
And in case anyone is under the delusion that Maz has the slightest interest in science:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/seventh-d...
God hates a hypocrite. Apparently.
Maz is screwed then.(shrug)
Maz is s religious cult member freak! go figure!

worshiping a proven false god and attempting to talk about reason...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••