Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
99,001 - 99,020 of 113,007 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you suck!
The wet season has returned to the Pacific Northwest with a vengeance. It doesn't rain here so much as drizzle 24/7. It is not cold like in Minnesota, you could always dress for it there and still be active outside. Here it is warmer but there is no way to avoid the annoying dampness that will chill you to the bone.
Enjoy your nice weather and have pity on us where we won't see the sun for months on end.
Lousy day here too, Mac. It's so damn cold I turned the A/C off and had to open the windows. The wind chimes are stirring and it looks like I'm going to have to grab a book and watch the ibis and squirrels from the pergola again. I suppose I could start building that BBQ I've been putting off - good time of year for outdoor grilling coming up. I keep misplacing my sunglasses, so I sure hope the sun isn't too bright today.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I will attempt to do so.
I grew up in Ireland, by the way. I kinda like rain.
I grew up in Minnesota. Hot and humid in the summer and cold and dry in the winter. Here people say "It is freezing" if it gets below 40 and it is unbearably hot to many if it gets above 80. In Minnesota it was only cold a couple of weeks each winter. We would have a week or so of -20 temps and then it would get to be an outright balmy 0 F. Then when our midwinter thaw hit and the temps reached 40 you would see people walking around in short sleeve shorts and sometimes shorts.

Here I think you would find winters similar to Ireland. Rainy and cloudy. We have a special term for "winter" days when the sun is shining somewhere, but not necessarily on you. They are called "sun breaks". You can see that the sun is breaking through the clouds on some people. It might not hit you, but even a little indirect sunlight is nice after a month of overcast.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Lousy day here too, Mac. It's so damn cold I turned the A/C off and had to open the windows. The wind chimes are stirring and it looks like I'm going to have to grab a book and watch the ibis and squirrels from the pergola again. I suppose I could start building that BBQ I've been putting off - good time of year for outdoor grilling coming up. I keep misplacing my sunglasses, so I sure hope the sun isn't too bright today.
AArrgh!!

Well at least the summers are actually sunny here. They start around the 4th of July. But I still remember a 3rd of July when I actually turned the heat on. After that rain is a rarity until after September. I am not a lawn fanatic so it only needs a going over once a month at the most in the summer. After a winter of green a little brown in the lawn is refreshing!

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

And speaking of weather this is one of my favorite sites:

http://hint.fm/wind/

It is a live map of the wind across the contiguous U.S.. You can get information from the map by running your mouse over it or zoom in for details.

It is of course the most interesting on those days when you don't want to live in Oklahoma or other such locales.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Dan.
It's 80°F, low humidity, nice breeze, I can smell the ocean - doing pret' darn well.
:-D
How's by you?
I is below 50°F, low humidity, overcast and there hasn't been an ocean to smell around here in millions of years. But doing very well. Cooler climate ancestry helps I think.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing about Mike F he is and has been more honest than you will ever be. So I will take Mike's word on it.
It was from researching Blue Letter Bible. I make no claim that is the original word used. Since there are no original copies of the OT, I think it more than a little difficult to be certain what th word was "in the begining" - so to speak.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
And speaking of weather this is one of my favorite sites:
http://hint.fm/wind/
It is a live map of the wind across the contiguous U.S.. You can get information from the map by running your mouse over it or zoom in for details.
It is of course the most interesting on those days when you don't want to live in Oklahoma or other such locales.
Very cool map! Thanks for the link.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up in Minnesota. Hot and humid in the summer and cold and dry in the winter. Here people say "It is freezing" if it gets below 40 and it is unbearably hot to many if it gets above 80. In Minnesota it was only cold a couple of weeks each winter. We would have a week or so of -20 temps and then it would get to be an outright balmy 0 F. Then when our midwinter thaw hit and the temps reached 40 you would see people walking around in short sleeve shorts and sometimes shorts.
Here I think you would find winters similar to Ireland. Rainy and cloudy. We have a special term for "winter" days when the sun is shining somewhere, but not necessarily on you. They are called "sun breaks". You can see that the sun is breaking through the clouds on some people. It might not hit you, but even a little indirect sunlight is nice after a month of overcast.
Ireland has 43 words for "rain".

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there, fersure. Nothing like ski lifts at -15 and 105 in the shade 5 months later, don'tchaknow?
We've an extended house guest from the pacific NW.(grumble, mutter...) Good lord, by their temperament I don't know how the human race survived the primordial ooze without central heat and A/C. grumble, mutter....
Sunbeams and liquid sunshine.
Here, many days you can look toward some patch of clouds (or across the street) and say "somebody's getting soaked."

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*morally reprehensible snicker*
Sorry, I don't do that often.
Although when I first moved here, my friends in PA asked "Why the Hell would you move down there with all the old farts?"
Then came Spring Break. I shot off several rolls of film on the beach, sent sected shots back, and laughed, and laughed, and laughed.
Yes, I have heard of the many Spring wildflowers that blossom on the beaches of Florida. Whether bee or botanist or ordinary Joe, that heady nectar of Spring Break, Florida does attract one so.

But dinner at 4pm. I don't know.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Ireland has 43 words for "rain".
That's nothing. The Bible has 1700 pages for "delusional".

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't needed to lie, we leave that to you fundies.
<quoted text>
Since abio does not claim inanimate matter came to life your objection is irrelevant. Chemistry is anything BUT inanimate. Creationism is the one that claims inanimate matter came to life. Furthermore it violates its own axioms, something which I've pointed out to you repeatedly.
from Sucking bones own site

Definition:

The process through which biological life arises from inorganic matter, spontaneous origination. Abiogenesis is a theory that attempts to explain the origin of life through random natural processes.

Now that you've been proven to be a liar and an idiot who never knows what he's talking about STFU

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there, fersure. Nothing like ski lifts at -15 and 105 in the shade 5 months later, don'tchaknow?
We've an extended house guest from the pacific NW.(grumble, mutter...) Good lord, by their temperament I don't know how the human race survived the primordial ooze without central heat and A/C. grumble, mutter....
Sunbeams and liquid sunshine.
Here, many days you can look toward some patch of clouds (or across the street) and say "somebody's getting soaked."
I love winter in MN! the negative F temperatures keeps the riff-raff out.(disclaimer...winter in a city sucks the big one, winter in the woods is magical..)

i do not think i could live where there are not 4 distinct seasons.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nothing. The Bible has 1700 pages for "delusional".
fun bible game...

for every saying in the bible see if you can find one that says the exact opposite..

such as "an eye for an eye..." to "turn the other cheek..."

it appears to be the most contradictory piece of fiction ever written.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition:
The process through which biological life arises from inorganic matter, spontaneous origination. Abiogenesis is a theory that attempts to explain the origin of life through random natural processes.
Now that you've been proven to be a liar and an idiot who never knows what he's talking about STFU
Really? Because that definition is crap.

However, at which point exactly did it say "inanimate"?

Remember, our position does not violate its own axioms. Yours does. When do you intend to address this major discrepancy?
Thedesertisdry

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

“The study of theology, as it stands in Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on nothing; it proceeds by no authorities; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing and admits of no conclusion.”~ Thomas Paine,“The Age of Reason”

Paine is known for his writings:“Common Sense”,“American Crisis”,“The Rights of Man”,“Agrarian Justice”, and “Age of Reason”. He served in Washington’s Continental Army and was at Valley Forge where he wrote of the "sunshine patriot".

I am so impressed by your lame desert religion fantasies. You religious freakazoids are laughable zombies of superstition. You guys are the harbingers of pure nonsense. Please, if being dead is such a wonderful thing for you, hurry off to Jesus. The rest of us adults will continue to cure disease, develop better forms of food production, etc., and continue to collect and study datam in order to do so.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I have heard of the many Spring wildflowers that blossom on the beaches of Florida. Whether bee or botanist or ordinary Joe, that heady nectar of Spring Break, Florida does attract one so.
Oh, I eat when I'm hungry.

Come to think on't, I'm thinking Sal's Pizza.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition:
blowfart, I did not supply a site. And you know the rules for creatards, why didn't you properly quote and link to this supposed site?

Until you do that you have lied.

Besides, the one definition that you supposedly quoted is wrong. Do you know what was wrong with your definition?

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
???
- NOMAD-

Plymouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Alot of funny shit smacking going on in this tread. You guys make me laugh. Good for my boring nite...keep up the funny stuff and remember to drink only blended season whiskey, or if you're a beer drinking people..Sam Adams...Cheers!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••