Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
98,981 - 99,000 of 114,585 Comments Last updated 29 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there, fersure. Nothing like ski lifts at -15 and 105 in the shade 5 months later, don'tchaknow?
We've an extended house guest from the pacific NW.(grumble, mutter...) Good lord, by their temperament I don't know how the human race survived the primordial ooze without central heat and A/C. grumble, mutter....
Sunbeams and liquid sunshine.
Here, many days you can look toward some patch of clouds (or across the street) and say "somebody's getting soaked."
I love winter in MN! the negative F temperatures keeps the riff-raff out.(disclaimer...winter in a city sucks the big one, winter in the woods is magical..)

i do not think i could live where there are not 4 distinct seasons.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nothing. The Bible has 1700 pages for "delusional".
fun bible game...

for every saying in the bible see if you can find one that says the exact opposite..

such as "an eye for an eye..." to "turn the other cheek..."

it appears to be the most contradictory piece of fiction ever written.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
from Sucking bones own site
Definition:
The process through which biological life arises from inorganic matter, spontaneous origination. Abiogenesis is a theory that attempts to explain the origin of life through random natural processes.
Now that you've been proven to be a liar and an idiot who never knows what he's talking about STFU
Really? Because that definition is crap.

However, at which point exactly did it say "inanimate"?

Remember, our position does not violate its own axioms. Yours does. When do you intend to address this major discrepancy?
Thedesertisdry

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

“The study of theology, as it stands in Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on nothing; it proceeds by no authorities; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing and admits of no conclusion.”~ Thomas Paine,“The Age of Reason”

Paine is known for his writings:“Common Sense”,“American Crisis”,“The Rights of Man”,“Agrarian Justice”, and “Age of Reason”. He served in Washington’s Continental Army and was at Valley Forge where he wrote of the "sunshine patriot".

I am so impressed by your lame desert religion fantasies. You religious freakazoids are laughable zombies of superstition. You guys are the harbingers of pure nonsense. Please, if being dead is such a wonderful thing for you, hurry off to Jesus. The rest of us adults will continue to cure disease, develop better forms of food production, etc., and continue to collect and study datam in order to do so.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I have heard of the many Spring wildflowers that blossom on the beaches of Florida. Whether bee or botanist or ordinary Joe, that heady nectar of Spring Break, Florida does attract one so.
But dinner at 4pm. I don't know.
Oh, I eat when I'm hungry.

Come to think on't, I'm thinking Sal's Pizza.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
from Sucking bones own site
Definition:
The process through which biological life arises from inorganic matter, spontaneous origination. Abiogenesis is a theory that attempts to explain the origin of life through random natural processes.
Now that you've been proven to be a liar and an idiot who never knows what he's talking about STFU
blowfart, I did not supply a site. And you know the rules for creatards, why didn't you properly quote and link to this supposed site?

Until you do that you have lied.

Besides, the one definition that you supposedly quoted is wrong. Do you know what was wrong with your definition?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
But dinner at 4pm. I don't know.
???
- NOMAD-

Plymouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Alot of funny shit smacking going on in this tread. You guys make me laugh. Good for my boring nite...keep up the funny stuff and remember to drink only blended season whiskey, or if you're a beer drinking people..Sam Adams...Cheers!

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>

Okay, for all of the idiots out there. All of the simple problems have long ago been solved in evolution. So scientist specialize today. They each cover a very small part of a bigger problem. That is why it takes many articles to explain the evolution of the rotator flagellum. When they are put together we can see the bigger picture. None of the biologists involved in all of those articles had any doubt that the flagellum was a product of evolution.
SBT, if you site articles you should try to site articles that actually support you.
Yes and Custer lost at the Washita and won at Little Big Horn. Meet MO-1, a 7 engine version of e.coli. It uses counter rotating props/dual props like the Russian and latest French 4 engine C-130 type transports. More efficient than a single flagella when you want extra thrust without the extra drag from extra engine nacelles. Oh, I forgot it has reduction gears..

"MO-1 - a bacterium that packs a gear-driven, seven-engine, magnetic-guided flagellar bundle that gets 0 to 300 micrometers in one second, ten times faster than E. coli".

"If you thought the standard bacterial flagellum made the case for intelligent design, wait till you hear the specs on MO-1, a marine bacterium described by Japanese researchers in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Edited by Howard Berg, Harvard's mastermind of flagellum reverse engineering, this paper describes the Ferrari of flagella".

Instead of being a simple helically wound propeller driven by a rotary motor, it is a complex organelle consisting of 7 flagella and 24 fibrils that form a tight bundle enveloped by a glycoprotein sheath.... the flagella of MO-1 must rotate individually, and yet the entire bundle functions as a unit to comprise a motility organelle.

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/11/21/...

Course you already "believe" it evolved, so if we have a single motor unit and then wow, on the evolution show floor this MO-1 Ferarri shows up, where is your common decent intermediate models? You should have one with a gear box, then a dual model with a pair of counter props, then, then, then presto! The 2012 7 engine model! Course your factory has no planning, design group, engineers etc., just mindless nothingness did it all, but shuuush, don't tell that to the unsuspecting buyer, may effect sales...

Just skip over the arguments I make from an electrical,design, PLC logic and electronics standpoint and the evolutionary fairytale continues...

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/cu...

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>What does Uranus have to do with the theory of evolution? I have heard that people were trying to gather funds to establish haploid life forms on Uranus, but I can't find the reference.
Aura posted the Uranus link.

Yes, it is amazing that naturalists insist there must be other alien life forms somewhere and have no trouble accepting multiple dimensions. However, when theists present support for a non corporeal alien life form that lives in an ethereal realm, atheists call theists the silly ones.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and Custer lost at the Washita and won at Little Big Horn. Meet MO-1, a 7 engine version of e.coli. It uses counter rotating props/dual props like the Russian and latest French 4 engine C-130 type transports. More efficient than a single flagella when you want extra thrust without the extra drag from extra engine nacelles. Oh, I forgot it has reduction gears..
"MO-1 - a bacterium that packs a gear-driven, seven-engine, magnetic-guided flagellar bundle that gets 0 to 300 micrometers in one second, ten times faster than E. coli".
"If you thought the standard bacterial flagellum made the case for intelligent design, wait till you hear the specs on MO-1, a marine bacterium described by Japanese researchers in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Edited by Howard Berg, Harvard's mastermind of flagellum reverse engineering, this paper describes the Ferrari of flagella".
Instead of being a simple helically wound propeller driven by a rotary motor, it is a complex organelle consisting of 7 flagella and 24 fibrils that form a tight bundle enveloped by a glycoprotein sheath.... the flagella of MO-1 must rotate individually, and yet the entire bundle functions as a unit to comprise a motility organelle.
Course you already "believe" it evolved, so if we have a single motor unit and then wow, on the evolution show floor this MO-1 Ferarri shows up, where is your common decent intermediate models? You should have one with a gear box, then a dual model with a pair of counter props, then, then, then presto! The 2012 7 engine model! Course your factory has no planning, design group, engineers etc., just mindless nothingness did it all, but shuuush, don't tell that to the unsuspecting buyer, may effect sales...
Just skip over the arguments I make from an electrical,design, PLC logic and electronics standpoint and the evolutionary fairytale continues...
You have not made one valid argument yet.

All you have posted are arguments from ignorance.

Once again that article does not support your claims in any way at all. Why don't you see if there is an article that actually helps you instead of ones that help us?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is amazing that naturalists insist there must be other alien life forms somewhere and have no trouble accepting multiple dimensions. However, when theists present support for a non corporeal alien life form that lives in an ethereal realm, atheists call theists the silly ones.
I must have missed that one.

If you are referring to his link to the Cassiopeia Project there was nothing about Uranus there.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

SBT, a sure sign that someone is losing a debate is when he starts to use strawman arguments. Your last post was mostly a pure strawman argument, thank you for admitting defeat.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
???
If I have to explain it, it probably wasn't that funny.

It was a joke on some tv show or movie I saw. The retirees would eat at 4pm to get the cheapest pricing I think. It may have been Seinfeld.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
The first article mentions the flagellum and evolution twice. The second article mentions neither. I am still trying to figure out how Custer supports your position. Maybe it is just because evolution is not mentioned.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If I have to explain it, it probably wasn't that funny.
It was a joke on some tv show or movie I saw. The retirees would eat at 4pm to get the cheapest pricing I think. It may have been Seinfeld.
That's right, Boca Vista, senior dinners at 4:00 PM in restaurants before the younger people come out. It was a great series and then they killed it at the end with a terrible finally that all but guaranteed there would be no requests for a reunion special. I think they did it on purpose.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Oops, "finally" was supposed to be "finale".

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

G'dansk

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think they are called 'Naturalists' anymore, they seem to like the 'Scientists' appellation nowadays.

It just seems to make sense that out of trillions of stars in the known universe there is a least ONE more planet with life.

You say:
"...non corporeal alien life form that lives in an ethereal realm, atheists call theists the silly ones."

Must be magic.:-)

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If I have to explain it, it probably wasn't that funny.
That would explain it. Never really liked the TV show.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
That would explain it. Never really liked the TV show.
yeah, me neither...

i thought it was a well established thing that many older people eat supper early. many of the older people i know do. they also get up at 4:00am and go to bed at 8:00pm, so supper at 4 in the afternoon isn't that odd...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••