Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“A have offended, Brickie, Dark”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Blue, Suncore, Replay whoever

#104548 Nov 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*morally reprehensible snicker*
Sorry, I don't do that often.
Although when I first moved here, my friends in PA asked "Why the Hell would you move down there with all the old farts?"
Then came Spring Break. I shot off several rolls of film on the beach, sent sected shots back, and laughed, and laughed, and laughed.
Yes, I have heard of the many Spring wildflowers that blossom on the beaches of Florida. Whether bee or botanist or ordinary Joe, that heady nectar of Spring Break, Florida does attract one so.

But dinner at 4pm. I don't know.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#104549 Nov 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Ireland has 43 words for "rain".
That's nothing. The Bible has 1700 pages for "delusional".

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#104550 Nov 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't needed to lie, we leave that to you fundies.
<quoted text>
Since abio does not claim inanimate matter came to life your objection is irrelevant. Chemistry is anything BUT inanimate. Creationism is the one that claims inanimate matter came to life. Furthermore it violates its own axioms, something which I've pointed out to you repeatedly.
from Sucking bones own site

Definition:

The process through which biological life arises from inorganic matter, spontaneous origination. Abiogenesis is a theory that attempts to explain the origin of life through random natural processes.

Now that you've been proven to be a liar and an idiot who never knows what he's talking about STFU

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#104551 Nov 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there, fersure. Nothing like ski lifts at -15 and 105 in the shade 5 months later, don'tchaknow?
We've an extended house guest from the pacific NW.(grumble, mutter...) Good lord, by their temperament I don't know how the human race survived the primordial ooze without central heat and A/C. grumble, mutter....
Sunbeams and liquid sunshine.
Here, many days you can look toward some patch of clouds (or across the street) and say "somebody's getting soaked."
I love winter in MN! the negative F temperatures keeps the riff-raff out.(disclaimer...winter in a city sucks the big one, winter in the woods is magical..)

i do not think i could live where there are not 4 distinct seasons.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#104552 Nov 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nothing. The Bible has 1700 pages for "delusional".
fun bible game...

for every saying in the bible see if you can find one that says the exact opposite..

such as "an eye for an eye..." to "turn the other cheek..."

it appears to be the most contradictory piece of fiction ever written.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#104553 Nov 4, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
from Sucking bones own site
Definition:
The process through which biological life arises from inorganic matter, spontaneous origination. Abiogenesis is a theory that attempts to explain the origin of life through random natural processes.
Now that you've been proven to be a liar and an idiot who never knows what he's talking about STFU
Really? Because that definition is crap.

However, at which point exactly did it say "inanimate"?

Remember, our position does not violate its own axioms. Yours does. When do you intend to address this major discrepancy?
Thedesertisdry

Hayward, CA

#104554 Nov 4, 2013
“The study of theology, as it stands in Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on nothing; it proceeds by no authorities; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing and admits of no conclusion.”~ Thomas Paine,“The Age of Reason”

Paine is known for his writings:“Common Sense”,“American Crisis”,“The Rights of Man”,“Agrarian Justice”, and “Age of Reason”. He served in Washington’s Continental Army and was at Valley Forge where he wrote of the "sunshine patriot".

I am so impressed by your lame desert religion fantasies. You religious freakazoids are laughable zombies of superstition. You guys are the harbingers of pure nonsense. Please, if being dead is such a wonderful thing for you, hurry off to Jesus. The rest of us adults will continue to cure disease, develop better forms of food production, etc., and continue to collect and study datam in order to do so.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#104555 Nov 4, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I have heard of the many Spring wildflowers that blossom on the beaches of Florida. Whether bee or botanist or ordinary Joe, that heady nectar of Spring Break, Florida does attract one so.
But dinner at 4pm. I don't know.
Oh, I eat when I'm hungry.

Come to think on't, I'm thinking Sal's Pizza.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104556 Nov 4, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
from Sucking bones own site
Definition:
The process through which biological life arises from inorganic matter, spontaneous origination. Abiogenesis is a theory that attempts to explain the origin of life through random natural processes.
Now that you've been proven to be a liar and an idiot who never knows what he's talking about STFU
blowfart, I did not supply a site. And you know the rules for creatards, why didn't you properly quote and link to this supposed site?

Until you do that you have lied.

Besides, the one definition that you supposedly quoted is wrong. Do you know what was wrong with your definition?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#104557 Nov 4, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
But dinner at 4pm. I don't know.
???
- NOMAD-

Plymouth, MA

#104558 Nov 4, 2013
Alot of funny shit smacking going on in this tread. You guys make me laugh. Good for my boring nite...keep up the funny stuff and remember to drink only blended season whiskey, or if you're a beer drinking people..Sam Adams...Cheers!

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#104559 Nov 4, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>

Okay, for all of the idiots out there. All of the simple problems have long ago been solved in evolution. So scientist specialize today. They each cover a very small part of a bigger problem. That is why it takes many articles to explain the evolution of the rotator flagellum. When they are put together we can see the bigger picture. None of the biologists involved in all of those articles had any doubt that the flagellum was a product of evolution.
SBT, if you site articles you should try to site articles that actually support you.
Yes and Custer lost at the Washita and won at Little Big Horn. Meet MO-1, a 7 engine version of e.coli. It uses counter rotating props/dual props like the Russian and latest French 4 engine C-130 type transports. More efficient than a single flagella when you want extra thrust without the extra drag from extra engine nacelles. Oh, I forgot it has reduction gears..

"MO-1 - a bacterium that packs a gear-driven, seven-engine, magnetic-guided flagellar bundle that gets 0 to 300 micrometers in one second, ten times faster than E. coli".

"If you thought the standard bacterial flagellum made the case for intelligent design, wait till you hear the specs on MO-1, a marine bacterium described by Japanese researchers in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Edited by Howard Berg, Harvard's mastermind of flagellum reverse engineering, this paper describes the Ferrari of flagella".

Instead of being a simple helically wound propeller driven by a rotary motor, it is a complex organelle consisting of 7 flagella and 24 fibrils that form a tight bundle enveloped by a glycoprotein sheath.... the flagella of MO-1 must rotate individually, and yet the entire bundle functions as a unit to comprise a motility organelle.

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/11/21/...

Course you already "believe" it evolved, so if we have a single motor unit and then wow, on the evolution show floor this MO-1 Ferarri shows up, where is your common decent intermediate models? You should have one with a gear box, then a dual model with a pair of counter props, then, then, then presto! The 2012 7 engine model! Course your factory has no planning, design group, engineers etc., just mindless nothingness did it all, but shuuush, don't tell that to the unsuspecting buyer, may effect sales...

Just skip over the arguments I make from an electrical,design, PLC logic and electronics standpoint and the evolutionary fairytale continues...

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/cu...

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Australia

#104560 Nov 4, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>What does Uranus have to do with the theory of evolution? I have heard that people were trying to gather funds to establish haploid life forms on Uranus, but I can't find the reference.
Aura posted the Uranus link.

Yes, it is amazing that naturalists insist there must be other alien life forms somewhere and have no trouble accepting multiple dimensions. However, when theists present support for a non corporeal alien life form that lives in an ethereal realm, atheists call theists the silly ones.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104561 Nov 4, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and Custer lost at the Washita and won at Little Big Horn. Meet MO-1, a 7 engine version of e.coli. It uses counter rotating props/dual props like the Russian and latest French 4 engine C-130 type transports. More efficient than a single flagella when you want extra thrust without the extra drag from extra engine nacelles. Oh, I forgot it has reduction gears..
"MO-1 - a bacterium that packs a gear-driven, seven-engine, magnetic-guided flagellar bundle that gets 0 to 300 micrometers in one second, ten times faster than E. coli".
"If you thought the standard bacterial flagellum made the case for intelligent design, wait till you hear the specs on MO-1, a marine bacterium described by Japanese researchers in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Edited by Howard Berg, Harvard's mastermind of flagellum reverse engineering, this paper describes the Ferrari of flagella".
Instead of being a simple helically wound propeller driven by a rotary motor, it is a complex organelle consisting of 7 flagella and 24 fibrils that form a tight bundle enveloped by a glycoprotein sheath.... the flagella of MO-1 must rotate individually, and yet the entire bundle functions as a unit to comprise a motility organelle.
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/11/21/...
Course you already "believe" it evolved, so if we have a single motor unit and then wow, on the evolution show floor this MO-1 Ferarri shows up, where is your common decent intermediate models? You should have one with a gear box, then a dual model with a pair of counter props, then, then, then presto! The 2012 7 engine model! Course your factory has no planning, design group, engineers etc., just mindless nothingness did it all, but shuuush, don't tell that to the unsuspecting buyer, may effect sales...
Just skip over the arguments I make from an electrical,design, PLC logic and electronics standpoint and the evolutionary fairytale continues...
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/cu...
You have not made one valid argument yet.

All you have posted are arguments from ignorance.

Once again that article does not support your claims in any way at all. Why don't you see if there is an article that actually helps you instead of ones that help us?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104562 Nov 4, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Aura posted the Uranus link.
Yes, it is amazing that naturalists insist there must be other alien life forms somewhere and have no trouble accepting multiple dimensions. However, when theists present support for a non corporeal alien life form that lives in an ethereal realm, atheists call theists the silly ones.
I must have missed that one.

If you are referring to his link to the Cassiopeia Project there was nothing about Uranus there.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104563 Nov 4, 2013
SBT, a sure sign that someone is losing a debate is when he starts to use strawman arguments. Your last post was mostly a pure strawman argument, thank you for admitting defeat.

“A have offended, Brickie, Dark”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Blue, Suncore, Replay whoever

#104564 Nov 4, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
???
If I have to explain it, it probably wasn't that funny.

It was a joke on some tv show or movie I saw. The retirees would eat at 4pm to get the cheapest pricing I think. It may have been Seinfeld.

“A have offended, Brickie, Dark”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Blue, Suncore, Replay whoever

#104565 Nov 4, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and Custer lost at the Washita and won at Little Big Horn. Meet MO-1, a 7 engine version of e.coli. It uses counter rotating props/dual props like the Russian and latest French 4 engine C-130 type transports. More efficient than a single flagella when you want extra thrust without the extra drag from extra engine nacelles. Oh, I forgot it has reduction gears..
"MO-1 - a bacterium that packs a gear-driven, seven-engine, magnetic-guided flagellar bundle that gets 0 to 300 micrometers in one second, ten times faster than E. coli".
"If you thought the standard bacterial flagellum made the case for intelligent design, wait till you hear the specs on MO-1, a marine bacterium described by Japanese researchers in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Edited by Howard Berg, Harvard's mastermind of flagellum reverse engineering, this paper describes the Ferrari of flagella".
Instead of being a simple helically wound propeller driven by a rotary motor, it is a complex organelle consisting of 7 flagella and 24 fibrils that form a tight bundle enveloped by a glycoprotein sheath.... the flagella of MO-1 must rotate individually, and yet the entire bundle functions as a unit to comprise a motility organelle.
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/11/21/...
Course you already "believe" it evolved, so if we have a single motor unit and then wow, on the evolution show floor this MO-1 Ferarri shows up, where is your common decent intermediate models? You should have one with a gear box, then a dual model with a pair of counter props, then, then, then presto! The 2012 7 engine model! Course your factory has no planning, design group, engineers etc., just mindless nothingness did it all, but shuuush, don't tell that to the unsuspecting buyer, may effect sales...
Just skip over the arguments I make from an electrical,design, PLC logic and electronics standpoint and the evolutionary fairytale continues...
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/cu...
The first article mentions the flagellum and evolution twice. The second article mentions neither. I am still trying to figure out how Custer supports your position. Maybe it is just because evolution is not mentioned.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104566 Nov 4, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If I have to explain it, it probably wasn't that funny.
It was a joke on some tv show or movie I saw. The retirees would eat at 4pm to get the cheapest pricing I think. It may have been Seinfeld.
That's right, Boca Vista, senior dinners at 4:00 PM in restaurants before the younger people come out. It was a great series and then they killed it at the end with a terrible finally that all but guaranteed there would be no requests for a reunion special. I think they did it on purpose.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104567 Nov 4, 2013
Oops, "finally" was supposed to be "finale".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min -Lea- 21,250
100 Worthy Poets from the Past 100 Years 8 min whatimeisit 5
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Times are a Changing 147,583
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 18 min whatimeisit 26,027
Word goes to the Movies (Nov '08) 24 min whatimeisit 14,068
30,000 post wins (May '13) 25 min NotaGoth 1,885
Uh Clem 29 min Mechanic 125
Official: Oklahoma beheading suspect a bit 'weird' 1 hr Grace Nerissa 28
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 2 hr ZkyClank 6,339
Cows Really Don't Like Cowbells, Study Finds 4 hr Go Blue Forever 45

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE