Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
98,941 - 98,960 of 115,252 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#104526 Nov 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks to replaytime. I was even applying man made concepts to judge that. You are always wrong.
There you go, blaming another godbot for your stupidity
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What about the sun( solar system)?
Yes, what about it? Real objects are not the same as imaginary lines.

Level 6

#104527 Nov 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The carbon cycle, because it doesn't require life.
And is required to create life (as we know life)

Level 6

#104528 Nov 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> But the time can never be the same, yes or no?
And man's constructions can also be reality?
Time passes, it is never the same from one picosecond to the next , that is a universal effect and subject to the physical arrow of time as depicted in the second law of thermodynamics. It does alter depending on the density of space that particular segment of the arrow is passing through.

Without some man made means of measuring time (a clock for example) then time is simply a relativistic effect of space. Entropy occurs, QED

The recording of time as you know it is also a man made construct, i.e. imaginary, it can be anytime you want it to be however there is consensus, agreed in the 18th century that time would be internationally geared to GMT0. About the same time as those imaginary lines of yours were imagined.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#104529 Nov 4, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course this is just replatytime trying to change the argument, since he lost the original point, or never even understood what the original point was.
Of course we all know the Bible is not perfect. Yet there are certain fundamentalists who do think so. There are verses in the Bible that clearly show they believed in a Flat Earth back then. That is no real dig at the writers, but it is a dig at the people who are willing to swallow any of the Bible's nonsense.
It is fun to watch replaytime froth at the mouth and spin rather than to admit he was wrong.
Well, the entertainment value is undeniable. Hehehe.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#104530 Nov 4, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Mac. How are ya doin'?
Hey, Dan.

It's 80F, low humidity, nice breeze, I can smell the ocean - doing pret' darn well.

:-D

How's by you?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#104531 Nov 4, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!! A link to the thread I am already on. Brilliant!! Absolutely Brilliant!!!
Nope sorry dud. The burden of prove is always on the one that claims a positive.
And since you are obviously here posting (like I pointed out) then quite obviously there is life on a planet which 4 billion years ago did not have life.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You come to this thread and argue about what ever then you run over to other threads and argue with skeptic about the opposites. So yes troll fits you very well.
Yes I know that subtleties are not your strong point. Fact of the matter is that Skippy is a fundie. He just happens to be an atheist fundie. I argue against fundies all the time, and a fundie who happens to be an 'atheist evolutionist' is NOT on my side, especially when he knows F all about science. He is no different from any other creationist, except he believes in only one less God than they do. Trolls also aren't very good at correcting fundies, usually because they don't care. I am.

Then you in turn DON'T deal with our posts.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#104532 Nov 4, 2013
bohart wrote:
You are either a cosmic level idiot or just a liar.
Pool your intelligence with 10 of your puddle gooist friends so that it might be doubled.
I haven't needed to lie, we leave that to you fundies.
bohart wrote:
That there once was no life, then life appeared , is NOT EVIDENCE THAT INANMIATE MATTER SELF ORGANIZED AND SPRANG TO LIFE! It's every bit as much evidence for creation starting it.
Since abio does not claim inanimate matter came to life your objection is irrelevant. Chemistry is anything BUT inanimate. Creationism is the one that claims inanimate matter came to life. Furthermore it violates its own axioms, something which I've pointed out to you repeatedly.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104533 Nov 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Dan.
It's 80F, low humidity, nice breeze, I can smell the ocean - doing pret' darn well.
How's by you?
Oh you suck!

The wet season has returned to the Pacific Northwest with a vengeance. It doesn't rain here so much as drizzle 24/7. It is not cold like in Minnesota, you could always dress for it there and still be active outside. Here it is warmer but there is no way to avoid the annoying dampness that will chill you to the bone.

Enjoy your nice weather and have pity on us where we won't see the sun for months on end.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#104534 Nov 4, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
The inevitable walking tree theory
I see you constructed another straw-man instead of dealing with the evidence. Our position does not contradict its own axioms. Yours does. Until you address this problem ours remains the better explanation. Plus it's the only one which made any successful predictions.

Take your time before answering. You always do.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104535 Nov 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, the entertainment value is undeniable. Hehehe.
Glad to be of service. Now can you send some of your dry, and may I emphasize the word "dry" warm weather up my way?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#104536 Nov 4, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So up in a tree or on a cliff you can see out past the horizon? Interesting.
Are you really that dense, or are you deliberately being obtuse?

Permit me to clarify. I'm sure you've seen the sunrise light the top of a mountain before it gets to the base?

Or even the top of a nice tall tree?

While you remain on the ground, you quarter-wit?

That's absolute proof that the Earth is not flat.

So's the simple observation of a Lunar eclipse. The Earth is OBVIOUSLY not flat.

You really do not know how this stuff works, do you?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#104537 Nov 4, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you suck!
The wet season has returned to the Pacific Northwest with a vengeance. It doesn't rain here so much as drizzle 24/7. It is not cold like in Minnesota, you could always dress for it there and still be active outside. Here it is warmer but there is no way to avoid the annoying dampness that will chill you to the bone.
Enjoy your nice weather and have pity on us where we won't see the sun for months on end.
*morally reprehensible snicker*

Sorry, I don't do that often.

Although when I first moved here, my friends in PA asked "Why the Hell would you move down there with all the old farts?"

Then came Spring Break. I shot off several rolls of film on the beach, sent sected shots back, and laughed, and laughed, and laughed.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#104538 Nov 4, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to be of service. Now can you send some of your dry, and may I emphasize the word "dry" warm weather up my way?
I will attempt to do so.

I grew up in Ireland, by the way. I kinda like rain.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#104539 Nov 4, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you suck!
Lousy day here too, Mac. It's so damn cold I turned the A/C off and had to open the windows. The wind chimes are stirring and it looks like I'm going to have to grab a book and watch the ibis and squirrels from the pergola again. I suppose I could start building that BBQ I've been putting off - good time of year for outdoor grilling coming up. I keep misplacing my sunglasses, so I sure hope the sun isn't too bright today.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104540 Nov 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I will attempt to do so.
I grew up in Ireland, by the way. I kinda like rain.
I grew up in Minnesota. Hot and humid in the summer and cold and dry in the winter. Here people say "It is freezing" if it gets below 40 and it is unbearably hot to many if it gets above 80. In Minnesota it was only cold a couple of weeks each winter. We would have a week or so of -20 temps and then it would get to be an outright balmy 0 F. Then when our midwinter thaw hit and the temps reached 40 you would see people walking around in short sleeve shorts and sometimes shorts.

Here I think you would find winters similar to Ireland. Rainy and cloudy. We have a special term for "winter" days when the sun is shining somewhere, but not necessarily on you. They are called "sun breaks". You can see that the sun is breaking through the clouds on some people. It might not hit you, but even a little indirect sunlight is nice after a month of overcast.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104541 Nov 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Lousy day here too, Mac. It's so damn cold I turned the A/C off and had to open the windows. The wind chimes are stirring and it looks like I'm going to have to grab a book and watch the ibis and squirrels from the pergola again. I suppose I could start building that BBQ I've been putting off - good time of year for outdoor grilling coming up. I keep misplacing my sunglasses, so I sure hope the sun isn't too bright today.
AArrgh!!

Well at least the summers are actually sunny here. They start around the 4th of July. But I still remember a 3rd of July when I actually turned the heat on. After that rain is a rarity until after September. I am not a lawn fanatic so it only needs a going over once a month at the most in the summer. After a winter of green a little brown in the lawn is refreshing!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104542 Nov 4, 2013
And speaking of weather this is one of my favorite sites:

http://hint.fm/wind/

It is a live map of the wind across the contiguous U.S.. You can get information from the map by running your mouse over it or zoom in for details.

It is of course the most interesting on those days when you don't want to live in Oklahoma or other such locales.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#104543 Nov 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Dan.
How's by you?
I is below 50F, low humidity, overcast and there hasn't been an ocean to smell around here in millions of years. But doing very well. Cooler climate ancestry helps I think.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#104544 Nov 4, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing about Mike F he is and has been more honest than you will ever be. So I will take Mike's word on it.
It was from researching Blue Letter Bible. I make no claim that is the original word used. Since there are no original copies of the OT, I think it more than a little difficult to be certain what th word was "in the begining" - so to speak.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#104545 Nov 4, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
And speaking of weather this is one of my favorite sites:
http://hint.fm/wind/
It is a live map of the wind across the contiguous U.S.. You can get information from the map by running your mouse over it or zoom in for details.
It is of course the most interesting on those days when you don't want to live in Oklahoma or other such locales.
Very cool map! Thanks for the link.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min wichita-rick 145,320
Think you know who everyone is? (Feb '13) 23 min wichita-rick 457
What's your tip for the day? 50 min reebie 817
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr Trouser Cough 29,157
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 1 hr Trouser Cough 54,415
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 hr Trouser Cough 40,151
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 hr SLY WEST 1,843
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Sublime1 18,605
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr Princess Hey 28,512
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,981