Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#104517 Nov 4, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you have enough sense to understand that there is nothing special about Greenwich and the starting point for developing a system of longitude could have been anywhere on earth with the exception of the north and south poles.
And i hope you also know that the sun can never be at different places at the same time.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#104518 Nov 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And i hope you also know that the sun can never be at different places at the same time.
Nobody said it can. Christine said that the system of longitude used to track where one is on the earth and what time it is, is a human construction and the lines are imaginary. She is right. We could move them anytime we liked with a decree. Yes the sun and the earth would move just the same and we cannot change those because they are not imaginary, they are real. But we can change our conventions in measuring what happens in the real world whenever it suits us.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#104519 Nov 4, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody said it can. Christine said that the system of longitude used to track where one is on the earth and what time it is, is a human construction and the lines are imaginary. She is right. We could move them anytime we liked with a decree. Yes the sun and the earth would move just the same and we cannot change those because they are not imaginary, they are real. But we can change our conventions in measuring what happens in the real world whenever it suits us.
But the time can never be the same, yes or no?
And man's constructions can also be reality?
CrimeaRiver

South Ockendon, UK

#104520 Nov 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> But the time can never be the same, yes or no?
and here we come to the crux of the argument.

Man's construction can be a theoretical reality but not always a physical rality.

So yes - our clock has 24 hours on it that reflects a single rotation of the earth.

But it could equally have 48 hours in a day by making the HOURS 30 mins shorter.

So we have two measurements of time that are different but with the same results because the physical presence of a Sun, Moon, Earh, gravity and a solar system are tangible.

But Man's construction of an all seeing, omnipotent God is not a reality; theoretically or physically. Because it is not based on any physical or tangible backdrop.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#104521 Nov 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> still sleeping.
We have noticed, you would not post the garbage you post if you were awake.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Still dreaming.
We have noticed, you would not post the garbage you post if you were awake.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So science according to you is not real.
Say what? Time you woke up
Charles Idemi wrote:
Crimeariver, your statement, saying, no one knows, is an understand and sheer ignorance.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Typos, i meant, understatement and not understand.
I assume you were addressing me here so please give the name of one just one - thats one O N E only O N E person who knows what happened prior to 10^-34th of a second following the BB event.

Come on, anyone, living or dead, anyone will do.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#104522 Nov 4, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. The carbon cycle requires life. Life requires the carbon cycle. Which came first?
The carbon cycle, because it doesn't require life.

Level 6

#104523 Nov 4, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor, poor little moron. Now you have gone all Black Knight on me.
How are you going to kick anyone's ass when your legs have been cut off.
Poor little masochist. You come here just to get yourself beat every day, whether it is me, MikeF, poly, Chimney1, or the love of your life Dan of Smallville. It seems that you are some strange sort of homosexual stalker.
Bisexual, he has been know to chase me from thread to thread.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#104524 Nov 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Man's constructions can either fit reality poorly such as unicorns, wizards, and ptolemaic astronomy, or fit it very well such as quantum mechanics and the theory of evolution. We know which is which by whether we can see any difference between observable reality and what the construct would lead us to expect. The ones with the closest match might be reality, but we can never be sure.

Scientific consequence - its easier to be sure a false theory is false, than that a true theory is true. Its also possible to spot theories that are so vague nothing can tell us if they are right or wrong. In science we ignore such theories. That is why science does not bother either trying to prove or disprove God. God is such a vague construct that there is nothing ro test.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#104525 Nov 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And i hope you also know that the sun can never be at different places at the same time.
But you must admit that it and the moon can stand still without any earthly repercussions. How could Joshua know what time it was? Did he have a Rolex wrist hourglass?

Level 6

#104526 Nov 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks to replaytime. I was even applying man made concepts to judge that. You are always wrong.
There you go, blaming another godbot for your stupidity
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What about the sun( solar system)?
Yes, what about it? Real objects are not the same as imaginary lines.

Level 6

#104527 Nov 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The carbon cycle, because it doesn't require life.
And is required to create life (as we know life)

Level 6

#104528 Nov 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Time passes, it is never the same from one picosecond to the next , that is a universal effect and subject to the physical arrow of time as depicted in the second law of thermodynamics. It does alter depending on the density of space that particular segment of the arrow is passing through.

Without some man made means of measuring time (a clock for example) then time is simply a relativistic effect of space. Entropy occurs, QED

The recording of time as you know it is also a man made construct, i.e. imaginary, it can be anytime you want it to be however there is consensus, agreed in the 18th century that time would be internationally geared to GMT0. About the same time as those imaginary lines of yours were imagined.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#104529 Nov 4, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course this is just replatytime trying to change the argument, since he lost the original point, or never even understood what the original point was.
Of course we all know the Bible is not perfect. Yet there are certain fundamentalists who do think so. There are verses in the Bible that clearly show they believed in a Flat Earth back then. That is no real dig at the writers, but it is a dig at the people who are willing to swallow any of the Bible's nonsense.
It is fun to watch replaytime froth at the mouth and spin rather than to admit he was wrong.
Well, the entertainment value is undeniable. Hehehe.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#104530 Nov 4, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Mac. How are ya doin'?
Hey, Dan.

It's 80F, low humidity, nice breeze, I can smell the ocean - doing pret' darn well.

:-D

How's by you?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#104531 Nov 4, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!! A link to the thread I am already on. Brilliant!! Absolutely Brilliant!!!
Nope sorry dud. The burden of prove is always on the one that claims a positive.
And since you are obviously here posting (like I pointed out) then quite obviously there is life on a planet which 4 billion years ago did not have life.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You come to this thread and argue about what ever then you run over to other threads and argue with skeptic about the opposites. So yes troll fits you very well.
Yes I know that subtleties are not your strong point. Fact of the matter is that Skippy is a fundie. He just happens to be an atheist fundie. I argue against fundies all the time, and a fundie who happens to be an 'atheist evolutionist' is NOT on my side, especially when he knows F all about science. He is no different from any other creationist, except he believes in only one less God than they do. Trolls also aren't very good at correcting fundies, usually because they don't care. I am.

Then you in turn DON'T deal with our posts.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#104532 Nov 4, 2013
bohart wrote:
You are either a cosmic level idiot or just a liar.
Pool your intelligence with 10 of your puddle gooist friends so that it might be doubled.
I haven't needed to lie, we leave that to you fundies.
bohart wrote:
That there once was no life, then life appeared , is NOT EVIDENCE THAT INANMIATE MATTER SELF ORGANIZED AND SPRANG TO LIFE! It's every bit as much evidence for creation starting it.
Since abio does not claim inanimate matter came to life your objection is irrelevant. Chemistry is anything BUT inanimate. Creationism is the one that claims inanimate matter came to life. Furthermore it violates its own axioms, something which I've pointed out to you repeatedly.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104533 Nov 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Dan.
It's 80F, low humidity, nice breeze, I can smell the ocean - doing pret' darn well.
:-D
How's by you?
Oh you suck!

The wet season has returned to the Pacific Northwest with a vengeance. It doesn't rain here so much as drizzle 24/7. It is not cold like in Minnesota, you could always dress for it there and still be active outside. Here it is warmer but there is no way to avoid the annoying dampness that will chill you to the bone.

Enjoy your nice weather and have pity on us where we won't see the sun for months on end.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#104534 Nov 4, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
The inevitable walking tree theory
I see you constructed another straw-man instead of dealing with the evidence. Our position does not contradict its own axioms. Yours does. Until you address this problem ours remains the better explanation. Plus it's the only one which made any successful predictions.

Take your time before answering. You always do.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104535 Nov 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, the entertainment value is undeniable. Hehehe.
Glad to be of service. Now can you send some of your dry, and may I emphasize the word "dry" warm weather up my way?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#104536 Nov 4, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So up in a tree or on a cliff you can see out past the horizon? Interesting.
Are you really that dense, or are you deliberately being obtuse?

Permit me to clarify. I'm sure you've seen the sunrise light the top of a mountain before it gets to the base?

Or even the top of a nice tall tree?

While you remain on the ground, you quarter-wit?

That's absolute proof that the Earth is not flat.

So's the simple observation of a Lunar eclipse. The Earth is OBVIOUSLY not flat.

You really do not know how this stuff works, do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 5 min andet1987 616
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 5 min SLY WEST 2,988
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min Old Sam 7,734
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 10 min Old Sam 6,976
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 10 min Old Sam 26,719
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 13 min Old Sam 30,032
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 14 min andet1987 55,299
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 32 min -Lea- 25,829
7 Teens Come Home Pregnant From School Trip 45 min -Lea- 58
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr _hellbilly_ 152,695