Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
98,841 - 98,860 of 114,586 Comments Last updated 37 min ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And the "Skeptical Monkey" is an expert site? LMMFAO
It is close enough on this subject since they got the answer right. They did not list the particular sources that they used to get their answer. So what? Are you disputing it? I gave Biblical resources that showed they were correct. They also listed some other parts of the Bible that clearly shows the people of that time thought that the Earth was flat. The Bible was written as if the Earth was flat.

One more time, why are you trying to defend the Bible like a fundamentalist?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
See, when you are wrong you dig a deeper hole and try to hide in it.
Please quit being a moron, you are not this stupid.
Did they have American footballs or Rugby balls in ancient Israel? If not your question is completely idiotic.
You said a ball could be used to be/mean sphere. So is a football or a rug ball spheres? It is a simple yes or no question.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It is close enough on this subject since they got the answer right. They did not list the particular sources that they used to get their answer. So what? Are you disputing it? I gave Biblical resources that showed they were correct. They also listed some other parts of the Bible that clearly shows the people of that time thought that the Earth was flat. The Bible was written as if the Earth was flat.
Look up the origin of the word sphere then get back to me.

Remember Isaiah written around 800BC

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Letís have people input on this one. I know ther will be some make stupid comments but I also know some will be honest. I actually don't expect much but one never knows.

1. How many of you believe they knew what a sphere was 2300yrs ago?

2. How many ways did they have, if any to tell that the earth was even round 2300yrs ago?

3. How many of you think back when the bible was written that they knew earth was even round?

4. How many of you think that if you look out at the horizon over land or water that the earth looks like it ends?

5. If you knew the word circle and you could spin around in a circle and see earthís horizon out everywhere you looked in that circular spin, would they think 2300yrs ago earth was a circle as well?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
OH MY GAWD!! Yes they did. You were given examples.
Why are you stuck on stupid. Go back an reread the posts.
I guess I need to remind you what the discussion was about.
The Bible in several places describes a Flat Earth, either by word or by action. The specific verse being discusses uses a word that does not mean "sphere". Why do you want the word for ball? You have already been given it. The word used in the verse under discussion is not used for a spherical object, even according to Biblical sources.
They did not even have a effin clue what a sphere was back then. A ball simply meant a ball they played with. A circle simply meant a round shape. Those are facts that you cannot seem to grasp.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you I am a fundamentalist and creatard. So what is your point?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the origin of the word sphere then get back to me.
Remember Isaiah written around 800BC
Sorry, I am not playing your moron games today.

I already handed you your ass, you are too blind to see.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you I am a fundamentalist and creatard. So what is your point?
How deep does the stupid go on you today?

I asked why you were defending the Bible like a fundamentalist. It is really no big deal that the people who wrote the Bible thought that the Earth was flat. Except too fundamentalists. Have you been lying to us all of this time about your beliefs?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You said a ball could be used to be/mean sphere. So is a football or a rug ball spheres? It is a simple yes or no question.
No, it is not a "yes no question".

Have you stopped letting your from wife abusing you anally? Answer yes or no.

They did not have footballs or rugby balls at that time. At that time balls were spherical.

I would not have to explain this to a person who had more than a room temperature IQ.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I am not playing your moron games today.
I already handed you your ass, you are too blind to see.
So you admit you can't back up what you say and you quit. You lose! Good to know. According to you if someone doesn't back what they say, they lose. I am just playing by your rules

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
Letís have people input on this one. I know ther will be some make stupid comments but I also know some will be honest. I actually don't expect much but one never knows.
2. How many ways did they have, if any to tell that the earth was even round 2300yrs ago?
3. How many of you think back when the bible was written that they knew earth was even round?
4. How many of you think that if you look out at the horizon over land or water that the earth looks like it ends?
5. If you knew the word circle and you could spin around in a circle and see earthís horizon out everywhere you looked in that circular spin, would they think 2300yrs ago earth was a circle as well?
What a maroon. You are now claiming in effect that the people of that time could not identify a ball by its shape since they had no word for "sphere".

So all you can do is to ask a series of questions that in no way supports your idiocy. Good job moron.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
They did not even have a effin clue what a sphere was back then. A ball simply meant a ball they played with. A circle simply meant a round shape. Those are facts that you cannot seem to grasp.
No, the people of that time were not as big of a fool as you are.

It does take a bit of an education to realize that the Earth is not flat. The people of that time were not as idiotic as you are. They knew the difference between a circle and sphere, even if they did not have a specific word for "sphere".

You are defending the mistakes of the Bible. Probably just because you don't like me. Or perhaps because you are an a-hole.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
How deep does the stupid go on you today?
I asked why you were defending the Bible like a fundamentalist. It is really no big deal that the people who wrote the Bible thought that the Earth was flat. Except too fundamentalists. Have you been lying to us all of this time about your beliefs?
Only an idiot or a "Sub" would use them thinking a flat earth as a bad thing. They did not know better. Sphere did not exist! Ball was a toy! Circle was a shape! Get it yet?

Do you think the Egyptians should have referred to the pyramids as a trigonal?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What a maroon. You are now claiming in effect that the people of that time could not identify a ball by its shape since they had no word for "sphere".
So all you can do is to ask a series of questions that in no way supports your idiocy. Good job moron.
No moron a ball was a toy. Do you think they had the knowledge to hold that ball up and say this is the shape of our earth?

Don't give some BS answer. It is Yes or No

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit you can't back up what you say and you quit. You lose! Good to know. According to you if someone doesn't back what they say, they lose. I am just playing by your rules
I already backed up all of my claims with multiple sources. Including the source most revered by Christians.

You have not been able to back up your claims with anything.

You have lost moron, at this point I will simply keep pointing that out to you.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the people of that time were not as big of a fool as you are.
It does take a bit of an education to realize that the Earth is not flat. The people of that time were not as idiotic as you are. They knew the difference between a circle and sphere, even if they did not have a specific word for "sphere".
You are defending the mistakes of the Bible. Probably just because you don't like me. Or perhaps because you are an a-hole.
You keep saying "They knew the difference between a circle and sphere". How could they know the difference if they did not know better and the word sphere did not exist? They did not have the knowledge to even know the earth was round. They could not even hold up a ball and say our earth is this shape. Why is that so hard for you to grasp??

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I already backed up all of my claims with multiple sources. Including the source most revered by Christians.
You have not been able to back up your claims with anything.
You have lost moron, at this point I will simply keep pointing that out to you.
Again I say "How could they know the difference of a circle and a sphere if they did not know better and the word sphere did not exist? They did not have the knowledge to even know the earth was round. They could not even hold up a ball and say our earth is this shape.

Refute that idiot!

“Get it right”

Level 1

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

replaytime wrote:
Humble opinion...
1. Some did.
2. Just one - Eratosthenes shadow test method.
3. I do.
4. I do.
5. Most would.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot or a "Sub" would use them thinking a flat earth as a bad thing. They did not know better. Sphere did not exist! Ball was a toy! Circle was a shape! Get it yet?
Do you think the Egyptians should have referred to the pyramids as a trigonal?
You complete moron, I have made that point many times.

The fact is that idiot fundamntalists try to claim that the Bible is without error and this is just one of the many errors in the Bible, and yet you defend it like a fundamentalist.

That makes you the one who does not understand what this whole argument is about. It is not a put down of the writers of the Bible. It is a put down of idiots who worship the Bible.

A difference that is too difficult to replaytime to understand.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I say "How could they know the difference of a circle and a sphere if they did not know better and the word sphere did not exist? They did not have the knowledge to even know the earth was round. They could not even hold up a ball and say our earth is this shape.
Refute that idiot!
LMFAO!! What a complete moron!

You think that just because they did not have the word "sphere" that the people at the time of the Bible could not tell the difference between a disc and a sphere.

Proper words are not needed to know the difference between shapes.

You have gone past Maroon and have entered the realm of "ignoranimus"!

Keep it up fool, you are excellent entertainment for me today.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••