Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“A Idiot Thinks Im Savoir Faire”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Paranoid That I Am Everywhere

#104384 Nov 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that "duwr" was not the word used in the verse under discussion, so the fact that it may have two meanings is moot. The word in Isaiah is "chuwg". That is used to mean a circle:
http://www.skepticalmonkey.com/scientific-acc...
The "Skeptical Monkey"!! Religion and Paranormal!! LMAO

Is that based off of peer reviewed articles? If not it doesn't mean anything, it is worthless.

Level 5

#104385 Nov 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that "duwr" was not the word used in the verse under discussion, so the fact that it may have two meanings is moot. The word in Isaiah is "chuwg". That is used to mean a circle:
http://www.skepticalmonkey.com/scientific-acc...
One thing about Mike F he is and has been more honest than you will ever be. So I will take Mike's word on it.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104386 Nov 3, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Skeptical Monkey"!! Religion and Paranormal!! LMAO
Is that based off of peer reviewed articles? If not it doesn't mean anything, it is worthless.
What is wrong with that site?

I can find other that will say the same thing.

Oh no, the moron wants peer reviewed science articles about a non-science topic.

What a Maroon!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104389 Nov 3, 2013
Here you go:

http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebre...

Even the Gold Standard of Hebrew translation for Christians, Strong's Concordance lists this word as a circle, circuit, or at best the "vault of the heavens". No description of a spherical Earth.

And a very well written article by a current student of ancient Hebrew:

http://youngausskeptics.com/2008/12/what-you-...

Level 5

#104390 Nov 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with that site?
I can find other that will say the same thing.
Oh no, the moron wants peer reviewed science articles about a non-science topic.
What a Maroon!
Uhm it is a science to translate the Hebrew words of the bible correctly.

Here is Isaiah Chapter 40 in Hebrew. Find that word would ya.

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1040.htm

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104391 Nov 3, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing about Mike F he is and has been more honest than you will ever be. So I will take Mike's word on it.
You lying piece of crap. MikeF is nicer to you than I am. That is all. You hate having your nose rubbed in your own excrement like a bad puppy.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#104392 Nov 3, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what Crick proposed when they isolated DNA. He wrote a book about it "Panaspora" i believe.
"Panspermia."

It's not Crick's invention - both the idea and the word are more than two millenia old.

And it's got nothing to do with DNA *qua* DNA - it's about how life could get from one planet where it existed to another planet where (maybe) it didn't.

Sheesh.
drinK the hivE

Brooklyn, NY

#104393 Nov 3, 2013
F**uck Til The Apocalypse Makes Coitus Interruptus...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#104394 Nov 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The point escapes you again.
Leave genome out of it, because that refutes you completely already.
The structures of "all" primitive cells need not be compatible.
The biospheres cooperation between a body of cells were compatible and shared information creating genes and the domains and phyla of all "known" microbes working together sharing DNA and common ancestry evolved together.
Were there bacteria or cells alien to this body of things, that were conglomerated into the biosphere in existence?
Possibly , but these would not chive with life as we know it, but could exist in microbial life forms not yet discovered.
Meaning there maybe life out there we have not recognized as being life , and he gives an example.
"The best place to start such a search is with puzzling (anomalous) phenomena, such as desert varnish, that resist classification as 'biological' or 'nonbiological'."
He is clearly saying that desert varnish could be a life form.
And there maybe others waiting to be discovered, that exist in a niche other than what we consider life in our biosphere.
There are other examples of life we didn't recognize or understand , but this is an attempt to expand our thinking to incorporate things not in our definitions , extremophiles are a classic example of what he is talking about. are there life forms out there we do not recognize as life?
Sure.

Once upon a time, all life on Earth was anaerobic.

About all that's left are gas gangrene and botulism.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#104395 Nov 3, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You are obviously lost on the literature and how to do a search. You should try to find someone 8th grader to help you with the hard stuff.
So noted, only if you reread your condescending statement. Dan, you are only motivating me to be better at refuting you. No one on your side here want's me to post more motor study, but if you insist...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104396 Nov 3, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm it is a science to translate the Hebrew words of the bible correctly.
Here is Isaiah Chapter 40 in Hebrew. Find that word would ya.
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1040.htm
I see that you are still stuck in moron mode.

I don't have that ability, that is why I rely on the expertise of others. The verse clearly translates as a Flat Earth. Only the worst of apologists claim otherwise.

You argue like a creatard fundie in his undies at times. Why are you trying to defend Bible literalism?

Level 5

#104397 Nov 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Here you go:
http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebre...
Even the Gold Standard of Hebrew translation for Christians, Strong's Concordance lists this word as a circle, circuit, or at best the "vault of the heavens". No description of a spherical Earth.
And a very well written article by a current student of ancient Hebrew:
http://youngausskeptics.com/2008/12/what-you-...
Your first link says definition circle, circuit, compass, vault (of the heavens. so again they are not sure.

Your second link says "Firstly, with a little effort and research one can positively show that around the time Isaiah was written (8th Century BC)"

The word sphere was not around in 8th century BC.

The origin of the word sphere is 12501300

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sphere

Google the origin of sphere yourself and you will see that it was not around in 8th century BC. You keep criticizing people for using creationists sites but you use bible/religious hater sites quite of for your links.

You using bible/religious hater sites is as you say to the creationists that use creation sites, a form of lying.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104398 Nov 3, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first link says definition circle, circuit, compass, vault (of the heavens. so again they are not sure.
No, it does not mean "they are not sure". LMFAO! It means it has been used with that meaning. Please note that "sphere" is not a use that it has been interpreted as using.
Your second link says "Firstly, with a little effort and research one can positively show that around the time Isaiah was written (8th Century BC)"
The word sphere was not around in 8th century BC.
The origin of the word sphere is 12501300
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sphere
Google the origin of sphere yourself and you will see that it was not around in 8th century BC. You keep criticizing people for using creationists sites but you use bible/religious hater sites quite of for your links.
You using bible/religious hater sites is as you say to the creationists that use creation sites, a form of lying.
How many times do you have to be told that there were words that meant that could be used to describe a sphere? They did have a word for "ball". That was the word that MikeF referred to. The word used in Isaiah was not used for sphere. How deep into denial are you today?

And no, I did not use "Bible hater sites". I actually used Bible sites for some of my claims I used an atheists site, not a Bible haters site, to go into more detail.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104399 Nov 3, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
So noted, only if you reread your condescending statement. Dan, you are only motivating me to be better at refuting you. No one on your side here want's me to post more motor study, but if you insist...
Actually we would all like to see you try.

So far none of your posts based upon peer reviewed science support you.

Level 5

#104400 Nov 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You lying piece of crap. MikeF is nicer to you than I am. That is all. You hate having your nose rubbed in your own excrement like a bad puppy.
Mike F is more grown up and more of an adult than you are. It is that simple. You believe you are never wrong even when shown you are wrong you have an excuse or new rule. You are a self-fed ego that never gets his appetite filled. You see everyone, and I mean everyone even people you know, you see them as wrong unless they agree with you and if they show you different than what you believe/say you always have a backup excuse of you should know what I meant, you mis-took what I said or some other BS or a new rule.

That lil Sub are the facts.

Level 5

#104401 Nov 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you are still stuck in moron mode.
I don't have that ability, that is why I rely on the expertise of others. The verse clearly translates as a Flat Earth. Only the worst of apologists claim otherwise.
You argue like a creatard fundie in his undies at times. Why are you trying to defend Bible literalism?
And the "Skeptical Monkey" is an expert site? LMMFAO

Level 5

#104403 Nov 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do you have to be told that there were words that meant that could be used to describe a sphere? They did have a word for "ball". That was the word that MikeF referred to. The word used in Isaiah was not used for sphere. How deep into denial are you today?
And no, I did not use "Bible hater sites". I actually used Bible sites for some of my claims I used an atheists site, not a Bible haters site, to go into more detail.
Then it should be simple for you. Show the word that meant sphere. I gave you ball/circle(the one I got from Mike. You gave one for circle. But where is your word for sphere or words that could be used to describe a sphere around those times. A ball, a circle could not describe a sphere for they did not even have a effin clue what a sphere was back then. That is a fact that you cannot seem to grasp.

Level 5

#104404 Nov 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it does not mean "they are not sure". LMFAO! It means it has been used with that meaning. Please note that "sphere" is not a use that it has been interpreted as using.
<quoted text>
Is a football a sphere? Is a rugby ball a sphere? Nope but they are balls huh? So ball does not mean sphere.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#104405 Nov 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sure.
Once upon a time, all life on Earth was anaerobic.
About all that's left are gas gangrene and botulism.

Here is an example of what this paper was saying.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2003/0...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#104406 Nov 3, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min Princess Hey 36,606
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 6 min AmyFaith 6,375
Ebola in America 7 min Get A Grip 8
Missing posters.. (Jan '14) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 17
Man dies crossing street to Del. funeral home 14 min justaguess 9
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 14 min Flower-Child 17,377
Hi there I'm Dominant woman looking for a submi... 18 min STD 2
To Eat This 8K-Calorie Breakfast, Sign a Waiver 33 min Spotted Girl 4
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 37 min Wolftracks 147,645
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 45 min Advisory Committee 21,362