Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 218713 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104418 Nov 3, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you I am a fundamentalist and creatard. So what is your point?
How deep does the stupid go on you today?

I asked why you were defending the Bible like a fundamentalist. It is really no big deal that the people who wrote the Bible thought that the Earth was flat. Except too fundamentalists. Have you been lying to us all of this time about your beliefs?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104419 Nov 3, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You said a ball could be used to be/mean sphere. So is a football or a rug ball spheres? It is a simple yes or no question.
No, it is not a "yes no question".

Have you stopped letting your from wife abusing you anally? Answer yes or no.

They did not have footballs or rugby balls at that time. At that time balls were spherical.

I would not have to explain this to a person who had more than a room temperature IQ.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#104420 Nov 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I am not playing your moron games today.
I already handed you your ass, you are too blind to see.
So you admit you can't back up what you say and you quit. You lose! Good to know. According to you if someone doesn't back what they say, they lose. I am just playing by your rules

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104421 Nov 3, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Let’s have people input on this one. I know ther will be some make stupid comments but I also know some will be honest. I actually don't expect much but one never knows.
1. How many of you believe they knew what a sphere was 2300yrs ago?
2. How many ways did they have, if any to tell that the earth was even round 2300yrs ago?
3. How many of you think back when the bible was written that they knew earth was even round?
4. How many of you think that if you look out at the horizon over land or water that the earth looks like it ends?
5. If you knew the word circle and you could spin around in a circle and see earth’s horizon out everywhere you looked in that circular spin, would they think 2300yrs ago earth was a circle as well?
What a maroon. You are now claiming in effect that the people of that time could not identify a ball by its shape since they had no word for "sphere".

So all you can do is to ask a series of questions that in no way supports your idiocy. Good job moron.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104422 Nov 3, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
They did not even have a effin clue what a sphere was back then. A ball simply meant a ball they played with. A circle simply meant a round shape. Those are facts that you cannot seem to grasp.
No, the people of that time were not as big of a fool as you are.

It does take a bit of an education to realize that the Earth is not flat. The people of that time were not as idiotic as you are. They knew the difference between a circle and sphere, even if they did not have a specific word for "sphere".

You are defending the mistakes of the Bible. Probably just because you don't like me. Or perhaps because you are an a-hole.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#104423 Nov 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
How deep does the stupid go on you today?
I asked why you were defending the Bible like a fundamentalist. It is really no big deal that the people who wrote the Bible thought that the Earth was flat. Except too fundamentalists. Have you been lying to us all of this time about your beliefs?
Only an idiot or a "Sub" would use them thinking a flat earth as a bad thing. They did not know better. Sphere did not exist! Ball was a toy! Circle was a shape! Get it yet?

Do you think the Egyptians should have referred to the pyramids as a trigonal?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#104424 Nov 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What a maroon. You are now claiming in effect that the people of that time could not identify a ball by its shape since they had no word for "sphere".
So all you can do is to ask a series of questions that in no way supports your idiocy. Good job moron.
No moron a ball was a toy. Do you think they had the knowledge to hold that ball up and say this is the shape of our earth?

Don't give some BS answer. It is Yes or No

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104425 Nov 3, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit you can't back up what you say and you quit. You lose! Good to know. According to you if someone doesn't back what they say, they lose. I am just playing by your rules
I already backed up all of my claims with multiple sources. Including the source most revered by Christians.

You have not been able to back up your claims with anything.

You have lost moron, at this point I will simply keep pointing that out to you.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#104426 Nov 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the people of that time were not as big of a fool as you are.
It does take a bit of an education to realize that the Earth is not flat. The people of that time were not as idiotic as you are. They knew the difference between a circle and sphere, even if they did not have a specific word for "sphere".
You are defending the mistakes of the Bible. Probably just because you don't like me. Or perhaps because you are an a-hole.
You keep saying "They knew the difference between a circle and sphere". How could they know the difference if they did not know better and the word sphere did not exist? They did not have the knowledge to even know the earth was round. They could not even hold up a ball and say our earth is this shape. Why is that so hard for you to grasp??

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#104427 Nov 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I already backed up all of my claims with multiple sources. Including the source most revered by Christians.
You have not been able to back up your claims with anything.
You have lost moron, at this point I will simply keep pointing that out to you.
Again I say "How could they know the difference of a circle and a sphere if they did not know better and the word sphere did not exist? They did not have the knowledge to even know the earth was round. They could not even hold up a ball and say our earth is this shape.

Refute that idiot!

“Get it right”

Level 1

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#104428 Nov 3, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Let’s have people input on this one. I know ther will be some make stupid comments but I also know some will be honest. I actually don't expect much but one never knows.
1. How many of you believe they knew what a sphere was 2300yrs ago?
2. How many ways did they have, if any to tell that the earth was even round 2300yrs ago?
3. How many of you think back when the bible was written that they knew earth was even round?
4. How many of you think that if you look out at the horizon over land or water that the earth looks like it ends?
5. If you knew the word circle and you could spin around in a circle and see earth’s horizon out everywhere you looked in that circular spin, would they think 2300yrs ago earth was a circle as well?
Humble opinion...
1. Some did.
2. Just one - Eratosthenes shadow test method.
3. I do.
4. I do.
5. Most would.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104429 Nov 3, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot or a "Sub" would use them thinking a flat earth as a bad thing. They did not know better. Sphere did not exist! Ball was a toy! Circle was a shape! Get it yet?
Do you think the Egyptians should have referred to the pyramids as a trigonal?
You complete moron, I have made that point many times.

The fact is that idiot fundamntalists try to claim that the Bible is without error and this is just one of the many errors in the Bible, and yet you defend it like a fundamentalist.

That makes you the one who does not understand what this whole argument is about. It is not a put down of the writers of the Bible. It is a put down of idiots who worship the Bible.

A difference that is too difficult to replaytime to understand.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104430 Nov 3, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I say "How could they know the difference of a circle and a sphere if they did not know better and the word sphere did not exist? They did not have the knowledge to even know the earth was round. They could not even hold up a ball and say our earth is this shape.
Refute that idiot!
LMFAO!! What a complete moron!

You think that just because they did not have the word "sphere" that the people at the time of the Bible could not tell the difference between a disc and a sphere.

Proper words are not needed to know the difference between shapes.

You have gone past Maroon and have entered the realm of "ignoranimus"!

Keep it up fool, you are excellent entertainment for me today.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#104431 Nov 3, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
So noted, only if you reread your condescending statement. Dan, you are only motivating me to be better at refuting you. No one on your side here want's me to post more motor study, but if you insist...
You have been doing a terrible job. Pathetic at best. The only place you have to go is up.

Don't put the responsibility of your actions on me. If you to post anything that is all you baby.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Gulgong, Australia

#104432 Nov 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Multiple celled organisms are and do, that much is undisputed.
You have just told me what the problem is.
You have no idea what you read means, and have made it into what you believe.
It is also up to you to have faith in TOE regardless of all evidence against it. The assumption that all life on Earth today shares the same basic molecular architecture and biochemistry as being part of the paradigm of modern biology has not only been challenged, it is in the process of being falsified.

The research seeks ways to identify shadow biospheres from the past or still in existence today, if there are any.

However, this is the statement made as a hypothesis.....

" If the emergence of life is, like other natural phenomena, highly probable given the right chemical and physical conditions then it seems likely that the early Earth hosted multiple origins of life, some of which produced chemical variations on life as we know it."

If all life that arises on earth, has similar genomic structure and can share dna, then common ancestry between ape and chimp is an assumption you choose to believe.

The other assumption you coose to believe is that evolving systems would be selected, in a major sweep, that are transitioning.

Indeed chimp and human genomes are so different, that the differences are virtually unquantifiable.

It appears you need more faith to believe in TOE than I do to believe in creation.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104433 Nov 3, 2013
An excellent day so far.

replaytime continues to be an idiot and the Seahawks came back from a 21 to 0 deficit to win the game in O.T.. They have never come back from that much of a point differential ever in franchise history. It looks like this year the Seahawks are becoming the masters of the ugly victory.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104434 Nov 3, 2013
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
It is also up to you to have faith in TOE regardless of all evidence against it. The assumption that all life on Earth today shares the same basic molecular architecture and biochemistry as being part of the paradigm of modern biology has not only been challenged, it is in the process of being falsified.
The research seeks ways to identify shadow biospheres from the past or still in existence today, if there are any.
However, this is the statement made as a hypothesis.....
" If the emergence of life is, like other natural phenomena, highly probable given the right chemical and physical conditions then it seems likely that the early Earth hosted multiple origins of life, some of which produced chemical variations on life as we know it."
If all life that arises on earth, has similar genomic structure and can share dna, then common ancestry between ape and chimp is an assumption you choose to believe.
Sorry, I had to stop your idiocy here. The last claim is a nonsequitur and needs some evidence to support it. Sharing of DNA at a single cell level, which can still be observed today, is totally different from how DNA is passed down in more complex life.
The other assumption you coose to believe is that evolving systems would be selected, in a major sweep, that are transitioning.
Indeed chimp and human genomes are so different, that the differences are virtually unquantifiable.
It appears you need more faith to believe in TOE than I do to believe in creation.
Wrong, the differences between humans and chimps has been quantified. Do you want links? I am more than happy to provide them. I am sure that you have seen some of them before. Where do you think that we get the "98% similarity between humans and chimps" from?

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#104435 Nov 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
An excellent day so far.
replaytime continues to be an idiot and the Seahawks came back from a 21 to 0 deficit to win the game in O.T.. They have never come back from that much of a point differential ever in franchise history. It looks like this year the Seahawks are becoming the masters of the ugly victory.
Are you trying to steal away my lying, dependent, stalker? He is working so hard to curry favor with people on this thread and you make him look like a ranting lunatic, so fixated on winning, he doesn't even know he is losing.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#104436 Nov 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO!! What a complete moron!
You think that just because they did not have the word "sphere" that the people at the time of the Bible could not tell the difference between a disc and a sphere.
Proper words are not needed to know the difference between shapes.
You have gone past Maroon and have entered the realm of "ignoranimus"!
Keep it up fool, you are excellent entertainment for me today.
Let me put it real simple for you, the easiest way I can. Did the ones that wrote the bible have the knowledge 2300yrs ago to know the earth was round? It is a yes or no question and this will answer all your other stupid questions. Again it is a yes or no question. So don't give us some drawn out drama answer as usual.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104437 Nov 3, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Are you trying to steal away my lying, dependent, stalker? He is working so hard to curry favor with people on this thread and you make him look like a ranting lunatic, so fixated on winning, he doesn't even know he is losing.
I know, he is creepy but entertaining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 min LIM 68,032
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 7 min streetglidehoney 2,036
Word Association (Mar '10) 7 min Evil Eye Fleegle 21,708
News Man Smoking Near Gas Pump Bursts Into Flames (Mar '07) 12 min Debi 21
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 13 min Take It Easy 322
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 17 min Evil Eye Fleegle 83,441
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 21 min Poppyann 1,528
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sharlene45 209,748
News Woman reveals what it's like to make love to a ... 1 hr Poppyann 18
What Turns You Off? 3 hr Jerilouise 78