Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#104248 Nov 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Incredibly stupid failed analogy.
I brought up bohart because it was his idiocy that you were defending.
You have been the only one grasping at straws tonight. bohart is such an idiot he does not realize the he has already fallen and bounced.
Again you lie. You brought up bohart to try to get me off of showing your idiocy.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104249 Nov 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you lie. You brought up bohart to try to get me off of showing your idiocy.
No moron, do I have to remind you? You stuck your nose in a discussion between blohart and myself. That makes blohart part of the topic.

Again, logic fail on your part. Also a lack of seeing how you failed from the start.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#104250 Nov 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you have evidence that supports that belief. If you can't see that you are irrefutably a fool.
Belief that is not base upon evidence is gullibility.
I don't have any evidence that I will wake up tomorrow. Just because I woke up today and the days prior is not evidence that I will wake up tomorrow. At most it is a probability. I could die in my sleep from a heart attack, a stroke, an aneurysm, someone could break into my house and shoot me while I slept, etc etc. As I said at best there is probability that I will wake up and that is all. Just because I have been waking up is not evidence that I will tomorrow.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104251 Nov 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
grasp' grasp' grasp' Nothing there but keep on trying. lol
All I can say is what a moron.

Seriously, do you practice being this stupid every day?

I have noticed it is not just with me. You are an idiot with almost everyone that you interact with here.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#104252 Nov 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No moron, do I have to remind you? You stuck your nose in a discussion between blohart and myself. That makes blohart part of the topic.
Again, logic fail on your part. Also a lack of seeing how you failed from the start.
Uhm do I have to remind you this abiogenesis crap started between you and I last night! So I was just continuing where I left off.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#104253 Nov 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW Sub. I asked you a mathematical question coupled with common sense three weeks ago. You avoided it and blew it off. Answer it and I will get off your @ss. If you want the question again just ask.
After all, all the silly questions you asked me about a car going 80km in 11 minutes or what ever they were I always answered you.
Why do you keep dodging this for?

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#104254 Nov 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can say is what a moron.
Seriously, do you practice being this stupid every day?
I have noticed it is not just with me. You are an idiot with almost everyone that you interact with here.
That is funny. Chimney and I seem to get along. Poly and I seem to get along. MikeF and I seem to get along but as he said that does not mean he won't give me a hard time when needed. There are several others so I don't see your point.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104255 Nov 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any evidence that I will wake up tomorrow. Just because I woke up today and the days prior is not evidence that I will wake up tomorrow. At most it is a probability. I could die in my sleep from a heart attack, a stroke, an aneurysm, someone could break into my house and shoot me while I slept, etc etc. As I said at best there is probability that I will wake up and that is all. Just because I have been waking up is not evidence that I will tomorrow.
You have a lot to learn about the nature of evidence.

Your alternate probabilities does not remove the fact that you and countless other similar people waking up in the morning is very good evidence that you will wake up in the morning too.

Of course your inability to understand evidence is one of the factors that started this little discussion.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104256 Nov 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm do I have to remind you this abiogenesis crap started between you and I last night! So I was just continuing where I left off.
Yes, but it was extremely clear that you had lost last night.

This was a discussion between bohart and I. Of course if you wanted to continue being wrong feel free.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104257 Nov 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep dodging this for?
I didn't avoid it. If I remember correctly, and I do, you had a chore to do first. You avoided that. So it was you that was running away all of this time.

Wasn't that the night of your epic failure?

Oh my, it is almost 12:30.

Thanks for the idiocy. It is always nice to have a fool to look down upon.

Maybe we can continue tomorrow.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#104258 Nov 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
That is funny. Chimney and I seem to get along. Poly and I seem to get along. MikeF and I seem to get along but as he said that does not mean he won't give me a hard time when needed. There are several others so I don't see your point.
Chimney and you get along? I doubt that.

Poly is nice even to Urban Cowboy. He has the patience of the mythical Job.

I don't like dishonest people. As long as you are honest we get along fine together. It is when you start to lie that we have problems.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#104259 Nov 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but it was extremely clear that you had lost last night.
This was a discussion between bohart and I. Of course if you wanted to continue being wrong feel free.
Keep telling yourself that. it makes it no truer now than when you got your @ss kicked last night

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#104260 Nov 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't avoid it. If I remember correctly, and I do, you had a chore to do first. You avoided that. So it was you that was running away all of this time.
Wasn't that the night of your epic failure?
Oh my, it is almost 12:30.
Thanks for the idiocy. It is always nice to have a fool to look down upon.
Maybe we can continue tomorrow.
Your are again dodging. I have answered a number of questions for you. it is your turn or from now own be ready for me to show your idiocy daily. Either way it will be fun.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#104261 Nov 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a lot to learn about the nature of evidence.
Your alternate probabilities does not remove the fact that you and countless other similar people waking up in the morning is very good evidence that you will wake up in the morning too.
Of course your inability to understand evidence is one of the factors that started this little discussion.
So by your thoughts. If you live to be 20 that is evidence you will live to be 30 and that is evidence you will live to be 40 and so on and so on. All probability. Life can end at any moment. That lil Sub is a fact. Life is a gift not a guarantee. You think today is evidence you will be here tomorrow you are sadly mistaken. Trust me it can be taken away at any moment from disease. accident, heart attack, stroke, the hand of another etc etc. it is all probability.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#104262 Nov 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Note bohart says "abiogenesis has never been observed."
<quoted text>
Note Sub says "Wrong, abiogenesis has been observed in the fossil record."
<quoted text>
Note bohart says "I missed that fossil that shows inanimate matter springing to life."
<quoted text>
Note Sub says "Did I claim that fool"
<quoted text>
What an idiot!! Good effin grief Sub.
You say "Did I say that you fool?" The answer would be hellll yes you did with this comment "Wrong, abiogenesis has been observed in the fossil record."
Sub your stupidity just keeps getting worse and worse. This is the only comment you made that I felt was even worthy a reply and it really isn't worthy a reply. What a tard. LOL
this says it all about the sub fool

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#104263 Nov 2, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you donít know either, then why the fook did you bring it up? Sounds like stupidity to me
still sleeping.

Level 2

Location hidden

#104264 Nov 2, 2013
Mugwump wrote:
<quoted text>
And if halfway through that journey , you make a phone call to someone at your origin ?
Are you talking to the in the future ?
Have you invented a time machine?
Ask science that question.

Level 2

Location hidden

#104265 Nov 2, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there were these two particles and they had a big bang then along comes a bouncing baby universe.
No wait a minute, there were these two M strings and they had a big bang then along comes a bouncing baby universe.
No wait a minute there were these two membranes and they had a big bang then along comes a bouncing baby universe.
Ok fun over, there are at least 27 valid and feasible scientific theories that work mathematically. And any number of theories that have not been shown to be mathematically valid (could be because we donít have the math or because they are irrelevant). They all have one thing in common though, no god was required.
Personally I favour the theory of Dr Laura Mersini-Houghton whose premise not only explains how it could have happened, it also explains the three previously unexplainable phenomena in the universe that have baffled cosmologists for years
And you, I know believe with all you belief but no maths, no observation, no logic and no facts and no falsifiability , in the guess postulated by the cosmic ignorance of bronze age man that your goddidit by magic out of void.
Still dreaming.

Level 2

Location hidden

#104266 Nov 2, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that is human imagination, not reality, nothing is actually lost.
I have tried to explain this concept to you before using the example of whales swimming across the date line and it seems that attempt could not get past your ignorance based filtering system
So here is a little experiment, set your watch to some arbitrary and obvious time, say 5:37 and some arbitrary date, say 1st November 2013. Now cross the date line and look at your watch. You will notice that the date has not changes, just your imagination of the date has changed.
That watch is a mechanical or electronic device and not subject to the vagaries of imagination and guess what, it does not imagineÖ
So science according to you is not real.

Level 2

Location hidden

#104267 Nov 2, 2013
Crimeariver, your statement, saying, no one knows, is an understand and sheer ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association. (Nov '10) 2 min texas pete 17,348
Word Association (Mar '10) 3 min Mega Monster 17,007
Favorite Oldies Songs (Jun '10) 3 min I Am No One_ 18,803
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... 5 min I Am No One_ 783
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 7 min I Am No One_ 852
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 17 min End Times 28,477
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min Good-Evil 161,443
Things that make life eaiser... 1 hr Gunnery Sergeant 111
motorcycle traveling stories 1 hr LMCLTAO 562
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 1 hr -Clarity- 8,347