Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205042 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104221 Nov 1, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone hates me. LMAO. Like that matters to me. I speak my mind and don't follow the crowd.
If all you got is everyone hates me,,, then that just shows you are a loser,,, PERIOD!
No, you don't have a "mind". All you can do is to speak your prejudice.

And yes, since you were the one who was clearly projecting your flaws upon others it is clear you think that everyone hates you.

It is not a bad idea to speak your mind and not follow the crowd if you can defend your beliefs.

Unfortunately this does not apply to you.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104222 Nov 1, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The real funny thing is you are the biggest fool on here and to much of an idiot to see it.
Like the old saying goes when you are dead you won't know it but everyone around you will. It is the same when you are stupid.
That lil Sub is you to a tee.
Still projecting I see.

I gave you the link that showed you were wrong. As usual you ignored the evidence that showed you were wrong.

All I can say is what a tard.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#104223 Nov 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Cool, an article that explains the origin of the term abiogenesis. Please note, it could be either from natural processes or even from replaytimes ancient Jew Magic:
http://bioetymology.blogspot.com/2011/06/abio...
from the article you posted:

Definition

The process through which biological life arises from inorganic matter ,spontaneous origination. Abiogenesis is a theory that attempts to explain the origin of life through random natural processes.

You have a serious mental problem, is there any mention of a deity in that definition of the word?

Abiogenesis,..also known as:

The astronomical luck theory

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#104224 Nov 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes moron, life from non-life. You f-ing tard. Abiogenesis does ont specify whether it is a natural or supernatural process. They are all abiogenesis.
You admitted that you believed in abiogenesis in the past. There is nothing in the definition of abiogenesis that limits it to natural processes.
What a tard.
Again you are nothing but a liar. I never said I believed in abiogenesis. I have always and still will say I believe God created life and since has let us evolve. Now what did God create life from, that I have no clue.

Matter of fact I have said several times I have no problem with them teaching evolution, the problem is that they want to teach abiogenesis with it and they have not one little inkling piece of evidence for abiogenesis ever happening.

And here you go again trying to move the goal post and switch this to me. Sorry Sub I won't play that game with you.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104225 Nov 1, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You say I need to find a fossil that is as old as the oldest sedimentary rock? WRONG. In your own words. "The one that makes the claim has to back it up." I have not made a claim. You have by saying abiogenesis has been observed in the fossil record.
I see that you are really stuck on stupid tonight.

Let's see if you can understand basic logic.

If there was no abiogenesis event then life always existed. It is basic logic, either life started at some point or it was always here.

I set a very easy goal for you. I did not say that you had to find evidence for life before there were sedimentary rocks. I said find evidence for life before 3.5 billion years ago. Or do you want to admit that there was an abiogenesis event?

I have shown evidence for my claim. You have made one too. Where is the evidence for yours, tard?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#104226 Nov 1, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
from the article you posted:
Definition
The process through which biological life arises from inorganic matter ,spontaneous origination. Abiogenesis is a theory that attempts to explain the origin of life through random natural processes.
You have a serious mental problem, is there any mention of a deity in that definition of the word?
Abiogenesis,..also known as:
The astronomical luck theory
Yes bohart he is getting so ignorant that he continues to bury himself deeper by posting links that do not back what he says. It is funny to watch a fool melt down while grasping for straws.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#104227 Nov 1, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
The inevitable walking tree theory:
Given enough time, chance and planets , a walking tree is quite plausible. Trees have the ability to bend with the wind so sooner or later a tree will have the proper mutation enabling it to have incredible flexibility enough for walking. Since trees are known to seek out the sun , to grow towards it , this decision by the tree will only evolve into a higher level of decision making, resulting in a greater self awareness of it's enviroment, allowing the tree to understand that when water is scarce, it must seek out other sources. As the root system evolves to meet the tree's movement needs , they will become shallower with each generation until a series of biped appendages evolve that allows the movement possible. Whole herds of roaming tree's will cover the areas of the planet where the water is abundant. Vocal organs will no doubt evolve then to enable the tree herds to communicate in their migration........
and before you know it the tree's will be carrying Hobbits and a movie trilogy will be made
Lord of the Rings
the end
Hey sucking bone? how many planets do you suppose have tree herds?
I mean given enough time and chance anything is possible right? Dud said so!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104228 Nov 1, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
from the article you posted:
Definition
The process through which biological life arises from inorganic matter ,spontaneous origination. Abiogenesis is a theory that attempts to explain the origin of life through random natural processes.
You have a serious mental problem, is there any mention of a deity in that definition of the word?
Abiogenesis,..also known as:
The astronomical luck theory
Oh good. Some comic relief by someone even more braindead than replaytime.

You poor moron, is there any mention of the total lack of a deity?

I am on your side here and you don't even know it. All that abiogenesis is is life arising from nonlife. It does not matter if it was natural, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Russells' Magic Teapot or various other deities.

I agree that the best explanation is that of natural causes, and so do the writers of the definition. But please note, they did not rule out the ridiculous.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#104229 Nov 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't have a "mind". All you can do is to speak your prejudice.
And yes, since you were the one who was clearly projecting your flaws upon others it is clear you think that everyone hates you.
It is not a bad idea to speak your mind and not follow the crowd if you can defend your beliefs.
Unfortunately this does not apply to you.
Like really care what you think. As far as I am concerned you are what I wipe off my @ss. You don't matter. Keep attacking me all you want. It des not bother me. After all it is all you have after making a total @ss out of your self. I am LMFAO at you and your idiocy.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104230 Nov 1, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are nothing but a liar. I never said I believed in abiogenesis. I have always and still will say I believe God created life and since has let us evolve. Now what did God create life from, that I have no clue.
Matter of fact I have said several times I have no problem with them teaching evolution, the problem is that they want to teach abiogenesis with it and they have not one little inkling piece of evidence for abiogenesis ever happening.
And here you go again trying to move the goal post and switch this to me. Sorry Sub I won't play that game with you.
Yes you have you fool. You did not call it abiogenesis.

And in fact you just said claimed it again. Logic is not your strong point now is it?

Now we do have evidence that abiogenesis happened and I have submitted that evidence. You have admitted that you belief in abiogenesis.

Show me how I have tried to move the goal posts moron. Now I believe that abiogenesis was a natural process. You have admitted that you think it is a magical process. Let's see the evidence that supports your beliefs. So far you have failed at that.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104231 Nov 1, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Like really care what you think. As far as I am concerned you are what I wipe off my @ss. You don't matter. Keep attacking me all you want. It des not bother me. After all it is all you have after making a total @ss out of your self. I am LMFAO at you and your idiocy.
How have I "attacked" you? I have pointed out how you are an idiot, but that is a public service.

And nope, you are once again the loser tonight. In fact an idiot like you will be the loser every night. You are letting your bias affect your thoughts and when you have a very limited thought process like you do you can't afford to let bias get to you.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#104232 Nov 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you are really stuck on stupid tonight.
Let's see if you can understand basic logic.
If there was no abiogenesis event then life always existed. It is basic logic, either life started at some point or it was always here.
I set a very easy goal for you. I did not say that you had to find evidence for life before there were sedimentary rocks. I said find evidence for life before 3.5 billion years ago. Or do you want to admit that there was an abiogenesis event?
I have shown evidence for my claim. You have made one too. Where is the evidence for yours, tard?
WOW!! You are really stuck on stupid. I never made a claim. I stated what I believe. That is not a claim. You are desperate tonight in all your foolishness. LOL

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104233 Nov 1, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes bohart he is getting so ignorant that he continues to bury himself deeper by posting links that do not back what he says. It is funny to watch a fool melt down while grasping for straws.
Yes the poor fool never could support himself.

Sadly you are projecting again. You have been doing the only straw grasping tonight. You made the mistake of trying to "defend" a co-idiot of yours.

You are so easy moron.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104234 Nov 1, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sucking bone? how many planets do you suppose have tree herds?
I mean given enough time and chance anything is possible right? Dud said so!
Here, look at this idiocy of boharts replaytime.

This is the best the poor idiot can do. A pathetic strawman argument.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#104235 Nov 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you have you fool. You did not call it abiogenesis.
And in fact you just said claimed it again. Logic is not your strong point now is it?
Now we do have evidence that abiogenesis happened and I have submitted that evidence. You have admitted that you belief in abiogenesis.
Show me how I have tried to move the goal posts moron. Now I believe that abiogenesis was a natural process. You have admitted that you think it is a magical process. Let's see the evidence that supports your beliefs. So far you have failed at that.
What is my claim as you say? Back it up or shut it up. Just because there is life IS NO evidence of abiogenesis your effen moron. That is like a creatard saying look at earth, it is here that is evidence for God. LMAO

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104236 Nov 1, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!! You are really stuck on stupid. I never made a claim. I stated what I believe. That is not a claim. You are desperate tonight in all your foolishness. LOL
What an idiot. When you state that you believe something that is a claim. As I explained earlier about the only claim that can be made is that a person did not supply enough evidence for a belief or a claim.

If you admit that you believe what you believe without any evidence you are admitting that you are a gullible fool. Hmm, you might be right after all. You might believe whatever you believe.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#104237 Nov 1, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What is my claim as you say? Back it up or shut it up. Just because there is life IS NO evidence of abiogenesis your effen moron. That is like a creatard saying look at earth, it is here that is evidence for God. LMAO
You are half right. You also forget that we have evidence that there was no life when the Earth was formed. For one the surface was at the temperature of molten rock. We know that life cannot survive under those conditions.

So at one point we can all agree that there was no life on the Earth.

At another point we can all agree that there was life on the Earth.

By definition an abiogenesis event occurred somewhere in between.

It is such a shame that I have to break it down this far for you.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#104238 Nov 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, look at this idiocy of boharts replaytime.
This is the best the poor idiot can do. A pathetic strawman argument.
Sub you know. Lets say I was a cop and I caught you speeding. This comment of yours is like you saying "hey did you just see that guy go by speeding, let me go and go after him". It does not matter. bohart is another traffic stop I will make when the time is right. You are the traffic stop I am dealing with now. But keep on pulling out straws and whining about bohart all you want. LOL

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#104239 Nov 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiot. When you state that you believe something that is a claim. As I explained earlier about the only claim that can be made is that a person did not supply enough evidence for a belief or a claim.
If you admit that you believe what you believe without any evidence you are admitting that you are a gullible fool. Hmm, you might be right after all. You might believe whatever you believe.
I believe is not a claim idiot. Keep grasping at those straws. They just keep getting shorter.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#104240 Nov 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiot. When you state that you believe something that is a claim. As I explained earlier about the only claim that can be made is that a person did not supply enough evidence for a belief or a claim.
If you admit that you believe what you believe without any evidence you are admitting that you are a gullible fool. Hmm, you might be right after all. You might believe whatever you believe.
Here I will even give you an example. Now I believe I will wake up in the morning. That is not a claim or a guarantee. It is saying I believe I will but I may not just as easily.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The strange history of the EpiPen, the device d... 1 min Knock off purse s... 1
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 1 min Old Sam 9,125
One Word (Jan '09) 1 min Calisportsgirl 17,106
News Couple claims dog murdered over Clinton sign 2 min Spotted Girl 37
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 2 min Old Sam 3,818
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 4 min Knock off purse s... 146,541
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 4 min Jennifer Renee 19,824
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min SportO 197,613
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 19 min Deer Whisperer 59,844
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 45 min Laura Beth 8,856
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Knock off purse s... 33,254
More from around the web