Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#104072 Nov 1, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as there is no firm evidence that you are actually as limited in thought as you seem, your statements may be assumed to be feigned stupidity for your own amusement.
I am glad you used the word, " Assumption".

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#104073 Nov 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, the stupid is thick on you tonight. You do not even understand the basic purpose of the whole experiment. It was an astounding success. I don't know if they found all 20 amino acids we use, nor did he have to. Here is a statement that was made about the experiment:
'In an interview, Stanley Miller stated: "Just turning on the spark in a basic pre-biotic experiment will yield 11 out of 20 amino acids." '
Eleven out of twenty in the first crude experiment run..The experiment was an amazing success. This was at a time when creatards like bohart said that even the formation of amino acids was impossible.
Let me shorten it up for you Sub. Based on scientific evidence, from the links I gave they say;

From the first link "1995 Science magazine said that most experts now dismiss the experiment”.

From the second link "Arrhenius and many other researchers dismiss the experiment”

From the third link "However, in current times, geochemists have concluded …..thus nullifying the experiment."

The Miller–Urey experiment has been nullified and dismissed by most researchers/scientists. Hope that doesn’t hurt your feelings Sub. lol

Level 2

Location hidden

#104074 Nov 1, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as there is no firm evidence that you are actually as limited in thought as you seem, your statements may be assumed to be feigned stupidity for your own amusement.
Going westward from the east, a whole day is lost, and vice versa. This is reality.

Level 2

Location hidden

#104075 Nov 1, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Likewise.

Level 2

Location hidden

#104076 Nov 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope a direct application of reading.
<quoted text>
Not all of them have to, just the majority
<quoted text>
So you admit to being a cherry picking loser, fair enough
<quoted text>
What’s IDI – Imaginary deity institute? Or one of the other myriad acronyms
Wake up!

Level 2

Location hidden

#104077 Nov 1, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
I get the feeling that most theists on this thread are just happy to be the centre of attention.
They are not concerned with actually providing evidence of God..... not that they could even if they wanted to!
How did the universe came into form?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#104079 Nov 1, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wake up!
So you don’t know either, then why the fook did you bring it up? Sounds like stupidity to me
Mugwump

UK

#104080 Nov 1, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Going westward from the east, a whole day is lost, and vice versa. This is reality.
And if halfway through that journey , you make a phone call to someone at your origin ?

Are you talking to the in the future ?

Have you invented a time machine?

Level 6

#104081 Nov 1, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> How did the universe came into form?
Well there were these two particles and they had a big bang then along comes a bouncing baby universe.

No wait a minute, there were these two M strings and they had a big bang then along comes a bouncing baby universe.

No wait a minute there were these two membranes and they had a big bang then along comes a bouncing baby universe.

Ok fun over, there are at least 27 valid and feasible scientific theories that work mathematically. And any number of theories that have not been shown to be mathematically valid (could be because we don’t have the math or because they are irrelevant). They all have one thing in common though, no god was required.

Personally I favour the theory of Dr Laura Mersini-Houghton whose premise not only explains how it could have happened, it also explains the three previously unexplainable phenomena in the universe that have baffled cosmologists for years

And you, I know believe with all you belief but no maths, no observation, no logic and no facts and no falsifiability , in the guess postulated by the cosmic ignorance of bronze age man that your goddidit by magic out of void.

Level 6

#104082 Nov 1, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Going westward from the east, a whole day is lost, and vice versa. This is reality.
Nope, that is human imagination, not reality, nothing is actually lost.

I have tried to explain this concept to you before using the example of whales swimming across the date line and it seems that attempt could not get past your ignorance based filtering system

So here is a little experiment, set your watch to some arbitrary and obvious time, say 5:37 and some arbitrary date, say 1st November 2013. Now cross the date line and look at your watch. You will notice that the date has not changes, just your imagination of the date has changed.

That watch is a mechanical or electronic device and not subject to the vagaries of imagination and guess what, it does not imagine…

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#104083 Nov 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i am curious as to your listing priorities? why did you put Decartes before the horseshit?
Historical order.
CrimeaRiver

South Ockendon, UK

#104084 Nov 1, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> How did the universe came into form?
Nobody really knows.

But at least science tries to hazard a guess based on the tools available to us. But they by no means claim to know the absolute truth.

Religion (texts written by men) asks us to believe unsubstantiated claims about the origin of man and the universe.

But the ultimate truth is, we simply don't know how the universe started. We may never know!

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#104085 Nov 1, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is one thing to explain the occurrence of heads on a single coin toss by appealing to chance, it is quite another to take the view that ,..the specific sequence of nucleotides in the DNA molecule of the first organism came about by a purely random process in the early history of the earth"
Bernd Olaf Kuppers
" We can accept a certain amount of luck in our explanations, but not to much,. In our theory of how we came to exist , we are allowed to postulate a certain ration of luck. This ration has as it's upper limit, the number of eligible planets in the universe,...We therefore have at our disposal ,odds of 1 in 100 billion ,billion as an upper limit to spend in our theory on the origin of life. This is the maximum amount of luck we are allowed to postulate in our theory . Suppose we want to suggest, for instance ,that life began when both DNA and it's protein based replication machinery spontaneously chanced to come into existence. We can allow ourselves the luxury of such an extravagant theory, provided that the odds against this coincidence occurring on a planet do not exceed a 100 billion billion to one"
Richard Dawkins
Notice ! no mechanisms , no working hypothesis, no experimental success .just random chance as the origin of life!
Fascinating! a scientific theory based on astronomical luck! The entire basis of this myth is that given enough time and chance virtually anything can happen!, even inanimate matter , completely random ,can create the information to self organize and spring to life.. the fools roulette wheel!
..and the Dud makes fun of magic! ha,ha,ha.
If you fools want to continue to defend your faith, have at it! but don't call it science.
Bernd Olaf Kuppers:

There is no doubt that the Darwinian concept of evolution (including modern genetics) is the best theoretical concept we have in biology. It verifies the famous statement of Theodosius Dobzhansky that „nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution“.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#104086 Nov 1, 2013
Great men are they who see that spiritual is stronger than any material force - that thoughts rule the world.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#104087 Nov 1, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So you think we have covered the deepest depths of the ocean and found all species that live down there? That would be a no we haven't.
I did not imply that.
replaytime wrote:
So like I said we "life that lives in the deepest parts of the oceans. We can't see them, we can't hear them, we can't test for them, we don't know of them, we can't reach them and they are hid out of site but they are there". Every time we get deeper we find new species.
No shit, Mr Obvious.

But you taking the position that they surely are there without any evidence at all. While I agree it is very likely there is life in the oceans we have yet to discover, I do not come to the same conclusion that it MUST be there.

I consider the possibility - not the certainty.
replaytime wrote:
I see you still think absence of evidence is evidence of absence.
In some cases, that is a reasonable conclusion. To conclude that something is *certainly* possible when extensive research indicates there is noting to support the possibility is foolish.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#104088 Nov 1, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me peer reviewed scientific evidence of abiogenesis. Either you can or you can't. It is that simple.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis#Refe... (AGAIN!)

Have fun!

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#104089 Nov 1, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
He has peer reviewed evidence, it's just been reviewed by Dude, Woodtick , and Mike F.
Ha,Ha,Ha,...
You of course are correct, there is no evidence what so ever. Lying about it is just his last defense
No, jackass. YOU are the one who is lying. Links to papers and other research has been posted repeatedly. I just posted a link to 188 references. AGAIN! So stuff it.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#104090 Nov 1, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No, jackass. YOU are the one who is lying. Links to papers and other research has been posted repeatedly. I just posted a link to 188 references. AGAIN! So stuff it.
By "peer reviewed" he must mean reviewed by SBT, KAB or Jimbo.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#104091 Nov 1, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You absolutely can't stand it can you? When the truth of abiogenesis is pointed out to you, that it is based on the presumption that given enough time and chance life can assemble and begin on its own.
Why don't you call it by it's proper title
The astronomical luck theory.
Sucking Bone science at its best
You bet! Goddamn science trying to figure things out! The arrogant bastards! Just who in the hell do they think they are?

We be much better off in caves eating raw meat.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#104092 Nov 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
Great men are they who see that spiritual is stronger than any material force - that thoughts rule the world.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thoughts are fleeting. Material forces rule the universe. Literally.

- The Dude

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 3 min andet1987 1,454
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 6 min andet1987 1,204
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 7 min honeymylove 139,297
Rest in Peace, Spock 9 min Net And Yahoo 366
3 "NEW" words from last 3 letters without using... (Sep '12) 9 min andet1987 1,664
Things to do while waiting........ 12 min andet1987 203
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 15 min Lumajuice 158,184
And your favorite Bree_Z sock is? 17 min Vinny 22
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 33 min Old Sam 27,624
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 55 min Jennifer Renee 9,883
More from around the web