Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
98,381 - 98,400 of 115,170 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#103954 Oct 31, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes it can, oh arrogant fool. Have you ever heard of Greenwich Mean Time?
You are the fool and i will tell you why, London( GMT) is 0 degrees, while New York is not.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103955 Oct 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the proven false one? have fun worshiping your idol..
Here comes the dreamer and liar. The universe alone is a sure proof confirming God' s existence.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#103956 Oct 31, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in God and evolution. I believe God started life and has since let us evolve. So in the same since of your own words you cannot rule out God until you have tried and ruled out every possible way he could exist. How do you test for something you can't see, touch, explain or understand?
I have no problem with you believing those things.

The question is, if we do find a natural pathway from non life to life, would you modify your position accordingly? Perhaps then you will claim that God started the universe and let it rip from there. I would have no problem with that either. Beyond what we know, one speculation is as subjective as another.

Personally though, I dont find God a likely explanation for anything. Nor necessary for meaning, morality, or coping with death, or anything else traditionally bound up with God notions.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103957 Oct 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure it can. astronomers use GMT, or UT, all the time....same time everywhere.
GMT is an international time, used in calculating other world time. But the Longitude for GMT( london) is 0 degrees, other cities longitudes are not 0 degrees.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#103958 Oct 31, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard it called such, but I am not sure of the origin of that name unless it refers to the pain of the afflicted.
It does.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103959 Oct 31, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason I seldom bother to discuss things with you is that you fail on even the most basic logic and comprehesion.
Do you even understand the difference between
habitable
And
Known to be inhabited ?
Say there is a house down your street. You dont know if its inhabited, but you do know its habitable.
We already know some discovered planets are habitable by life. We dont know if they are inhabited. As the discovered planets are a tiny tiny proportion of what we expect to exist in the universe we can already infer that billions of planets are likely to be habitable by life. Another phrase is "capable of supporting life".
As we do not yet have the means to explore them closely, most being many lightyears away, we may not know whether some are inhabited for a while to come. That does not make earth the only habitable planet.
I know you will respond inanely and i probably wont bother to answer.
First, i did not ask you to discuss with me. Secondly, projections or guesses are not prerequisite for living things surviving in other planets.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103960 Oct 31, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason I seldom bother to discuss things with you is that you fail on even the most basic logic and comprehesion.
Do you even understand the difference between
habitable
And
Known to be inhabited ?
Say there is a house down your street. You dont know if its inhabited, but you do know its habitable.
We already know some discovered planets are habitable by life. We dont know if they are inhabited. As the discovered planets are a tiny tiny proportion of what we expect to exist in the universe we can already infer that billions of planets are likely to be habitable by life. Another phrase is "capable of supporting life".
As we do not yet have the means to explore them closely, most being many lightyears away, we may not know whether some are inhabited for a while to come. That does not make earth the only habitable planet.
I know you will respond inanely and i probably wont bother to answer.
Who cares! I can never subscribe to what is in possible to believe. To date, the earth remains the only planet that sustain lives. Others are mere speculations( guesses or projections).

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#103961 Oct 31, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Who cares! I can never subscribe to what is in possible to believe. To date, the earth remains the only planet that sustain lives. Others are mere speculations( guesses or projections).
The only "known" planet you ape-brained moron.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103962 Oct 31, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "known" planet you ape-brained moron.
Likewise. That is what i am saying, projections or guesses will not settle your wrong course. Bingo.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#103963 Oct 31, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise. That is what i am saying, projections or guesses will not settle your wrong course. Bingo.
Your dopey logic says that if we only know of one inhabited planet, there is only one.

Obviously you lack even the intelligence to see the obvious flaw in your thinking.

Ignorance can be fixed with knowledge. Determined stupidity of the kind you continually display cannot.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#103964 Oct 31, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like the life that lives in the deepest parts of the oceans. We can't see them, we can't hear them, we can't test for them, we don't know of them, we can't reach them and they are hid out of site but they are there huh.
But again tell me what kind of test would science run to see if God does exist? How do you test what you can't see, explain or understand?
We can see the deep sea life, because we designed deep ocean rov's
to be able to. Exactly like using x rays, infrared, radio, sonar, radar and seismic waves to see things impossible to see with the earthy eyes we were born with.

To test for god , you first need something to test for.
It has failed every test we devised so far.
Like prayer.. it has no affect or influence over anything.
Miracles ... wrong again , in 2,000 years hundreds of millions of well wishers travel to the Vatican, looking for a miracle.
There has never been anything miraculous beyond statistical chance.
I'm afraid it doesn't look to good for believers.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103965 Oct 31, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dopey logic says that if we only know of one inhabited planet, there is only one.
Obviously you lack even the intelligence to see the obvious flaw in your thinking.
Ignorance can be fixed with knowledge. Determined stupidity of the kind you continually display cannot.
As long as there are no firm evidence of other planets sustaining lives, your statements are just mere speculations.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#103966 Oct 31, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Time is not affected? How? If going from the east( say Tehran) to the west( say New York), the day and the time will change. This is a fact.

I'll tell you what, bub. Get yourself a stopwatch and fly across the Pacific Ocean. Let me know if it jumps time.

No one is disputing that the local time or the calendar day will get adjusted as you cross time zones. But time ITSELF is not affected.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#103967 Oct 31, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> As long as there are no firm evidence of other planets sustaining lives, your statements are just mere speculations.
Yes they are.

But your claim that the earth is the only habitable planet is worse than speculation. Its a positive claim which you are in no position to make because you cannot know its true. Unless you think you are God of course.

However I have been too rude. I want you to stick around as you represent the pinnacle of all creationist arguments and I mean that sincerely.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103968 Oct 31, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Same as it is moronic to claim God does not exist.
Tell me what kind of test would science run to see if God does exist? How do you test what you can't see, explain or understand?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

As long as there is no firm evidence of Yahweh...(and no, there isn't any.)
All you have are groundless guesses and projections.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#103969 Oct 31, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Abiogenesis is a crock. Science, even in sterile lab conditions cannot make life come from non-life.
They always say we are conducting these test in what we believe is the same conditions of early earth when life began and we think we are getting close. I LMAO at that. In a sterile lab that is like early earth?!?! Early earth just by common sense with life starting in a muddy soup would be anything but sterile.
Note 2B:

Full Definition of STERILE
a : failing to bear or incapable of producing fruit or spores
b : failing to produce or incapable of producing offspring <a sterile hybrid>
c : incapable of germinating <sterile spores>
d of a flower : neither perfect nor pistillate
a : unproductive of vegetation <a sterile arid region>
b : free from living organisms and especially microorganisms <a sterile syringe>
c : lacking in stimulating emotional or intellectual quality : lifeless <a sterile work of art>

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#103970 Oct 31, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse you know that you have indirectly applied the principles of faith. Well, to reality, planet earth is the only planet that can sustain lives.
That's as foolish as one ant saying to another ant that he is certain there are no other colonies because he has not seen another and cannot prove that other colonies exisit. Only difference is there are billions of billions more potential life-bearing planets in the universe than there are ant colonies on Earth. Open your eyes Mr. Idemi...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#103971 Oct 31, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Same as it is moronic to claim God does not exist.
Tell me what kind of test would science run to see if God does exist? How do you test what you can't see, explain or understand?
Indeed. But it's not moronic to believe in something you can't see, explain or understand. You betcha.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#103972 Oct 31, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like the life that lives in the deepest parts of the oceans. We can't see them, we can't hear them, we can't test for them, we don't know of them, we can't reach them and they are hid out of site but they are there huh.
That makes no sense whatsoever.
replaytime wrote:
But again tell me what kind of test would science run to see if God does exist? How do you test what you can't see, explain or understand?
Without any evidence there can be no test.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#103973 Oct 31, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise. Now, i ask again, are all atheist scientist?
Asked and answered.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shaun the shaggy Aussie sheep finally shorn smooth 5 min Petal Power 4
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Petal Power 145,085
OMG! Just look at this! 8 min Sublime1 38
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 8 min Jolly 23,820
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 9 min Petal Power 54,396
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 11 min Grace Nerissa 23,986
TGIF .. EVERYDAY .. I want to ENJOY .. 13 min Petal Power 28
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 23 min Petal Power 228
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 24 min Petal Power 18,495
What's your tip for the day? 26 min Petal Power 796