Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,914)

Showing posts 98,261 - 98,280 of112,795
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Ok I take that back about Denton.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Charlie boy, I hate to break it to you, but you are an animal too.
The only difference between you and any other mammal is that you have an overgrown cerebrum. It seems that as its a very recent evolutionary trend, some like you have not quite yet learned how to use it effectively.
Thanks Chim, i am not disputing our animal nature, the issue is that, our level of intelligence is higher.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You really do not understand do you?
Yes and humans can be tamed by humans, so what? Rather like some human captive who is tortured into submission, the a lion (for example) will bide itís time, until given a chance and it will then make a tasty snack of itís torturer.
There are animals that dominate other animals in the same group. There are species that dominate other species. There are species in which gender is dominant. There a plants that dominate other plants.
Some species use other species as slaves or helpers. Some species live in total synergy with other species.
Some animals can be devious and cheat and lie, just like humans can.
Tell me, is it your distinct lack of education or your religious deliberate ignorance that tells you that humans are the only dominant animal?
Babel fish.only dead fish go with the flow.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and humans can be tamed by humans, so what? Rather like some human captive who is tortured into submission, the a lion (for example) will bide itís time, until given a chance and it will then make a tasty snack of itís torturer.
There are animals that dominate other animals in the same group. There are species that dominate other species. There are species in which gender is dominant. There a plants that dominate other plants.
Some species use other species as slaves or helpers. Some species live in total synergy with other species.
Tell me, is it your distinct lack of education or your religious deliberate ignorance that tells you that humans are the only dominant animal?
Trash. The only habitable planet is planet. No projections or guessing here.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
To your imaginary trash, if those lines do not exist, why are we using them?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Babel fish.only dead fish go with the flow.
Say what? Too much wacky backy again?

Fish go whichever way they want, the flow has very little to do with it.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Trash. The only habitable planet is planet. No projections or guessing here.
We know you donít keep up with scientific discoveries but that is no excuse for your ignorance.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> To your imaginary trash, if those lines do not exist, why are we using them?
You fooking ignorant moron, I am not explaining it again just because you are incapable of learning anything after being told five times already so tough for you.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course animals can never reason like humans, they are not humans and humans can never reason like animals
That does not mean that some animals are not intelligent, however it does mean that only human animals are human.
You shout that you want others to think, try your own medicine now and again, you may find it enlightening.
Ofcourse other animals level of intelligence is higher, but that of the humans, are more higher; Nuts.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and?
Why are you assuming a pig would wear lipstick? Is this one of your fetishes?
Get a clue on idioms or figurative expressions. Humans level of intelligence are always higher. Nuts.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Will Charles ever come to terms with being a mammal?
My understanding of science may be quite different from yours, i do know we are mammals, primates, animals, etc, but our level of intelligence supercedes others. Period.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it upsets his god given belief that his god made him special
You are really a Numbskull.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

SBT wrote:
The complexity of the axial motor and its appearance as the very first primorial cell controverts your assumed age model, admit it!
We don't have to, as there's no evidence to demonstrate it even existed at that time. But if you WANT to beat up a straw-man instead of the real thing you're doing a terrific job.
SBT wrote:
How many mutations would it take to get this right even if every one was a perfect jackpot every throw?
This being a perfect example. Jackpots aren't necessary. All you need is for something to survive and its progeny to change a little bit, and for that to survive. Many won't, but some will. Therefore a little change again, same thing happens all over again. Eventually change accumulates. This is observed.
SBT wrote:
Let's start with just one proton energized micro-stator coil
Streaming out big words while talking about a subject you don't have the slightest clue about only demonstrates to the entire world that you're bullshitting. I mean it's not as if anyone here doesn't know it.(shrug)
SBT wrote:
Double PhD Denton comments on the motor
Denton thinks you're full of crap. We've known this for decades, but your side still hasn't bothered to update their books - meaning they are either seriously misinformed, or lying.

(and still seriously misinformed)

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quite sure that Charles has been referred to as "Special" on several occasions.
Views or ideology can never be the same, yes or no?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed your explanation on how evolution made this motor and where the additional data came from, or where the intermediate forms are found or where evolution in bacteria is adding parts like this today or a mechanism or the science relative to the matter here? Without these i'm just wrong because i'm not an evolution believer? Till then I will live in my bliss.
No, you're wrong because you're wrong. You also missed that the entire premise of your argument was refuted by the existence of Yersinia pestis, something which I pointed out to you weeks ago now. See, you're under the mistaken impression that we need to provide you with a mutation by mutation account for every single biological lineage on this entire planet for 4 billion years, while all you need to do is shout "GODDIDIT!" any time we can't.

Meanwhile in reality all we need to do is demonstrate how the evidence unequivocally demonstrates common ancestry, something which we've done time and time again on this forum, and can do again. And since you guys NEVER actually bother to address our posts anyway it always remains unrefuted.

And again since your position requires you to be a massive hypocrite I am obliged to point out that you still have been unable to present a rational explanation for why an all-powerful universe-creating being is incapable of such a simple thing like evolution.

I want you to demonstrate God's limits which YOU claim He has. Until then, yes, you WILL remain living in bliss. And lying as you do so.

Something from which I understand your religion says you're not allowed to do.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not say billions but certainly many millions.
The majority of christians are only in it for the companionship, unlike Charles they do not actually believe goddidit by magic. This is actually more prevalent in the higher echelons of the church where even companionship takes a back seat to a regular salary.
But even so, very scary that people can let a bronze age idea dictate what they are and are not willing to learn
First class ignorance. Now do you know the exact time of your end? No! But that time must surely, this is not chance or coincident but, God.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
Remember that none of this interferes or refutes the belief in God.
It is if your god is a big jessie-wuss wuss, like SBT's.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
Ok I take that back about Denton.
Oh? I heard the guy had an epiphany since his old fundie days.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse other animals level of intelligence is higher, but that of the humans, are more higher; Nuts.
Wrong. Human intelligence is higher, there is a difference that it seems yoyu are incapable of understanding
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Get a clue on idioms or figurative expressions. Humans level of intelligence are always higher. Nuts.
So you do fancy a pig in lipstick Ė how about high heels and a tutu?
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are really a Numbskull.
So you donít think you god made you special, then why all this ignorance about animal intelligence?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Trash. The only habitable planet is planet. No projections or guessing here.
Then I fully expect you to provide evidence of your extra-terrestrial journey to every single planet in the entire universe and present indisputable evidence of their total barren nature.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> My understanding of science may be quite different from yours, i do know we are mammals, primates, animals, etc, but our level of intelligence supercedes others. Period.
Wow that a good one ďMy understanding of science may be quite different from yours,Ē brilliant, absolutely brilliant at showing your total ignorance.. You not only have no idea about what science can do you are also clueless about what science actually is. Unlike the babble, science is specific, it is not up to you to choose how you interpret it
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> My understanding of science may be quite different from yours, i do know we are mammals, primates, animals, etc, but our level of intelligence supercedes others. Period.
Personally I would like to compare you with an aardvark. Close run I know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 98,261 - 98,280 of112,795
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

105 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 2 min NorCal Native 15,581
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 3 min 40ish 6,780
Models with disabilities 27 min night machine 2
In honor of Petal Power 34 min night machine 79
Banking Question 1 hr Barry 5
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 1 hr Barry 13,004
In honor of ms Sweeter 1 hr night machine 128
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Mister_ E 141,195
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr ghost 14,786