Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216617 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#103886 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Good parents in some cases gives birth to stubborn or bad kids, true or false?
Yes we have been here before and I believed that I had taught you a lesson regarding your verbal abuse and ignorance of child death to the extent that you, that one time at least, apologised. But it seems that in the good christian way you never fooking learn a thing and simply go round and round hoping for a different result nest time round.

You believe god created everything therefore you must believe that he created satan, childhood leukaemia, cancer, mosquitoes.

Sorry to disappoint you but if you want to cherry pick about what you god did and did not create then you loose the battle before you start.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#103887 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> To your understanding, they are, but to reality, they go bey onds that, that is, they are invisible. Get a clue about the IDL, idiot! That is a compliment.
So it looks like you have bottled out of the discussion with me and started right at the beginning again with some one else, how christian of you

Imaginary, just like you god, imaginary things do not exist.

And you being a stupid condicending idiot is not going to change that.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#103888 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Name one habitable planet known to every one?
EARTH! The fact that there IS life on this planet is EVIDENCE that life EXISTS in this UNIVERSE!!

Now... YOU explain why the Earth would be the only possible planet, out of TRILLIONS of other possible planets, orbiting trillions of other similar stars as our Sun

And.... go

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#103889 Oct 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the tooth fairy.
As a professional courtesy, I do not question the existence of anyone who willingly leaves money beneath my pillow. Live on Tooth Fairy.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#103890 Oct 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>So "he" can create an entire universe, wipe out an entire planet that pisses him off but he can't keep one numbskull in line. You betcha.
...and apparently has no answers for iron chariots.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103891 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are getting it wrong. Humans can make journeys to Moon, Saturn, Neptune, Mars, etc. But those planet s can not sustain lives, yes or no?
Mars might. Could still be underground. Europa too. But our solar system holds very few planets when compared with the entire universe. That means there's still TRILLIONS of potentials.

Like I said, let me know when you've visited them all.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103892 Oct 30, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Mars might. Could still be underground. Europa too. But our solar system holds very few planets when compared with the entire universe. That means there's still TRILLIONS of potentials.
I've read a couple thousand fundie posts that lend credence to life on other planets, because I find it pretty difficult to believe they're from this one.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103893 Oct 30, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
...and apparently has no answers for iron chariots.
Iron chariots aren't proof there is no Yahweh, but I've owned a couple cars that made me suspect Loki and Coyote work in Detroit.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#103894 Oct 30, 2013
Don't ya just love this stuff...lol...

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/computer-sci...

When Gödel died in 1978, he left behind a tantalizing theory based on principles of modal logic -- that a higher being must exist. The details of the mathematics involved in Gödel's ontological proof are complicated, but in essence the Austrian was arguing that, by definition, God is that for which no greater can be conceived. And while God exists in the understanding of the concept, we could conceive of him as greater if he existed in reality. Therefore, he must exist.

Even at the time, the argument was not exactly a new one. For centuries, many have tried to use this kind of abstract reasoning to prove the possibility or necessity of the existence of God. But the mathematical model composed by Gödel proposed a proof of the idea. Its theorems and axioms -- assumptions which cannot be proven -- can be expressed as mathematical equations. And that means they can be proven.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#103895 Oct 30, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing how to use a calander with time gained or lost. Two completely different concepts. As Mike stated, you cannot gain or lose time. That would be time travel, and however neat that would be, it's not yet a possibility. The IDL was created to balance out the international time zones. So if you travel around the world, you are gaining one additional hour for each time zone you pass, accumulating 24 additional hours in comparison to your watch, but you lose these 24 hours as soon as you cross the IDL, bringing the actual time and day to what your watch reads.(Of course this is the opposite if you travel clockwise). No time gained, non lost. It's a pretty basic concept really, and no, it wasn't created by God.
Going from east to west, you lose a whole day, while going east from west, a whole day is gained, this days lost or gained, will also affects the time. The time in New York can never be the same with the ones in London. It is real and not imaginary.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103896 Oct 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a perfectly reasonable answer, you moron. You asked "But those planet s can not sustain lives, yes or no?". We haven't been there in person and only limited exploration by probes. So let me rephrase my answer for the incorrigibly stupid:
We don't f**king know yet!
Does that help, Chuckles?
Ofcourse you know that you have indirectly applied the principles of faith. Well, to reality, planet earth is the only planet that can sustain lives.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103897 Oct 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and it's about time you knocked it off.
<quoted text>
Stick it up your ass, idiot. If you can get your head out of the way.
The IDL is a reality. Bingo.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103898 Oct 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you are completely average or more likely below average and so you need to make believe that your made up god made you special in order to give you any sense of self worth because you have nothing else.
I am sure I have asked you this before but you have never responded, do you suffer from the dunning kruger effect?
<quoted text>
Say what? How can you get from your misunderstanding of science to all scientist are atheist? That is one hell of a leap of stupidity you got there.
Actually there are no figures for ALL scientists but the National Academy of Sciences in the US did a survey in 1993 that resulted in showing 93% of NAS members are either atheists or agnostics
Which leaves us the fact that if all atheists and agnostics were expelled from the USA, it would lose 93% of the National Academy of Sciences but less than 1% of the prison population.
<quoted text>
Back again to my reply … Oh fook it, I am not repeating myself because you are too stupid top comprehend.
Science can answer what is currently capable of being answered by science, tomorrow science will be able to answer a bit more and the following day a bit more. That is called progress and is down to human ingenuity and hard work, nothing to do with any goddidit by magic dream of bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves.
This of course does not mean that science cannot currently answer EVERYTHING so it’s ok to guess on the basis of no observation and no evidence whatsoever.
Here is an ultimate answer that will totally stump you - The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is …
… wait for it …
… wait for it …
To your last statement, an indirect application of faith.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103899 Oct 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you are completely average or more likely below average and so you need to make believe that your made up god made you special in order to give you any sense of self worth because you have nothing else.
I am sure I have asked you this before but you have never responded, do you suffer from the dunning kruger effect?
<quoted text>
Say what? How can you get from your misunderstanding of science to all scientist are atheist? That is one hell of a leap of stupidity you got there.
Actually there are no figures for ALL scientists but the National Academy of Sciences in the US did a survey in 1993 that resulted in showing 93% of NAS members are either atheists or agnostics
Which leaves us the fact that if all atheists and agnostics were expelled from the USA, it would lose 93% of the National Academy of Sciences but less than 1% of the prison population.
<quoted text>
Back again to my reply … Oh fook it, I am not repeating myself because you are too stupid top comprehend.
Science can answer what is currently capable of being answered by science, tomorrow science will be able to answer a bit more and the following day a bit more. That is called progress and is down to human ingenuity and hard work, nothing to do with any goddidit by magic dream of bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves.
This of course does not mean that science cannot currently answer EVERYTHING so it’s ok to guess on the basis of no observation and no evidence whatsoever.
Here is an ultimate answer that will totally stump you - The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is …
… wait for it …
… wait for it …
We have scientist that are atheist, christians, muslims, budhist, etc, so, not all of them would agree to your concept.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103900 Oct 30, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
there is ample evidence that there is no God:
- The fact that 'God' never makes an appearance, anywhere, ever.
- The fact that believers differ in their opinion of what God is and who He serves (Muslims, Jews and Christians are all Abrahamic faiths and yet they cannot agree on God)
- The fact that the story of God, His son and their message is all conjecture written in a book 2000 years ago. I must assume that you belive in Minotaurs, Medusa, Unicorns and Dragons as they are all characters in books written long before the bible.
- I must also assume that you believe in Hindu deities with 6 arms, elephants heads and monkey faces for these too were written in holy scriptures as far back as 5,000 years ago and are believed by a 1 billion Hindus worldwide.
There is no evidence of God! so it is absurd to respond by saying there is no evidence to disprove God!
Now tell how the universe came into form? What brought its existence? Is it by chance or accident? None of these, it is God. Case closed.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103901 Oct 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we have been here before and I believed that I had taught you a lesson regarding your verbal abuse and ignorance of child death to the extent that you, that one time at least, apologised. But it seems that in the good christian way you never fooking learn a thing and simply go round and round hoping for a different result nest time round.
You believe god created everything therefore you must believe that he created satan, childhood leukaemia, cancer, mosquitoes.
Sorry to disappoint you but if you want to cherry pick about what you god did and did not create then you loose the battle before you start.
Whatever. I can lose a battle, normal thing for all humans, but God can never.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103902 Oct 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So it looks like you have bottled out of the discussion with me and started right at the beginning again with some one else, how christian of you
Imaginary, just like you god, imaginary things do not exist.
And you being a stupid condicending idiot is not going to change that.
The IDl exist, because, it is used to determine real things. So, by that implications, it exist. Numbskull.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103903 Oct 30, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>EARTH! The fact that there IS life on this planet is EVIDENCE that life EXISTS in this UNIVERSE!!
Now... YOU explain why the Earth would be the only possible planet, out of TRILLIONS of other possible planets, orbiting trillions of other similar stars as our Sun
And.... go
And i add, since the earth for now, is the only habitable planet, lets keep our fingers and hope for others. I hope you know, you are indirectly applying the principles of faith here?

Level 2

Location hidden

#103904 Oct 30, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep prolonging this, the earth remains the only planet that can sustain lives. Period.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103905 Oct 30, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
Don't ya just love this stuff...lol...
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/computer-sci...
When Gödel died in 1978, he left behind a tantalizing theory based on principles of modal logic -- that a higher being must exist. The details of the mathematics involved in Gödel's ontological proof are complicated, but in essence the Austrian was arguing that, by definition, God is that for which no greater can be conceived. And while God exists in the understanding of the concept, we could conceive of him as greater if he existed in reality. Therefore, he must exist.
Therefore God is Sofia Vergara.

Note of course how your linky in no way helps you with Biblical apologetics in any way, and in reality only makes "God" a pretty meaningless concept.

Unless you're a politician.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Sam 206,863
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 min Fintardland 67,064
conversation using song lyrics (Aug '13) 6 min wichita-rick 2,517
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 13 min Princess Hey 6,382
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 14 min Enzo49 10,570
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 15 min Princess Hey 148,375
2words into 2new words (May '12) 25 min Joi C 6,754
News Trump's bizarre claim that the Clinton email co... 1 hr John Schanahan 967
All Christmas Carols/Songs and Quotes.. 2 hr Suezanne 41
More from around the web