Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
98,221 - 98,240 of 113,170 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
The complexity of the axial motor and its appearance as the very first primorial cell controverts your assumed age model, admit it! Slow down and think about this thing, to evolve it mindlessly with no plan or guidance exposes the entire notion of evolution.
How many mutations would it take to get this right even if every one was a perfect jackpot every throw? Maybe a million? More?
Let's start with just one proton energized micro-stator coil,(you need 11 identical one's they know of), then a connection to each X 11, then a minor little item remains, a proton modulator/controller, controller because you need to stop and vari the proton bias to each coil and reverse them also! Your clock God must have been busy! I forgot, now we must sequence the proton bias at the exact right time in fractions of a millisecond to each of these 11 stators to get it to spin. Thatís just the stators, you need complementary components in the rotor, each with the correct polarization to provide torque. But wait, these parts are spinning, so they need to maintain a charge somehow, but you know - time did it, it just charged all these rotor segments perfectly! Pretty good for thoughtless mindlessness. Now the fixed and spinning structures have nm bushing clearances that somehow mutated perfectly circular parts that are floating! Thatís right boys, the rotor and tail are connected to exactly nothing, but your time God is good, so presto there you have it, a whopping evolutionary marvel! So you believe these stories but in the same breath consider a 747 forming out of junk ridiculous. Help me here..
http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/10/evolution...
Double PhD Denton comments on the motor;
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Motor at work;
I didn't know Denton had a second PhD. Too bad he didn't use either of them or his MD for the video. Basically all he says is I don't understand how this could work, so it must be this way by supernatural forces. He leaves out everything we know to draw this conclusion. He is a smart guy, it is sad to see someone of his intelligence give up so easily.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hadn't seen the 'flu one, but I did notice the dengue one. That's a serious concern down here.
I must admit, I haven't read them yet, but I just found them today, or by now yesterday.

In answer to the questions of our dominance that were posed on this forum recently, I think we may very well be, but only at the leisure of the microbial world and once in a while, they have to remind us who is boss.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know Denton had a second PhD. Too bad he didn't use either of them or his MD for the video. Basically all he says is I don't understand how this could work, so it must be this way by supernatural forces. He leaves out everything we know to draw this conclusion. He is a smart guy, it is sad to see someone of his intelligence give up so easily.
I missed your explanation on how evolution made this motor and where the additional data came from, or where the intermediate forms are found or where evolution in bacteria is adding parts like this today or a mechanism or the science relative to the matter here? Without these i'm just wrong because i'm not an evolution believer? Till then I will live in my bliss.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
The complexity of the axial motor and its appearance as the very first primorial cell controverts your assumed age model, admit it! Slow down and think about this thing, to evolve it mindlessly with no plan or guidance exposes the entire notion of evolution.
How many mutations would it take to get this right even if every one was a perfect jackpot every throw? Maybe a million? More?
Let's start with just one proton energized micro-stator coil,(you need 11 identical one's they know of), then a connection to each X 11, then a minor little item remains, a proton modulator/controller, controller because you need to stop and vari the proton bias to each coil and reverse them also! Your clock God must have been busy! I forgot, now we must sequence the proton bias at the exact right time in fractions of a millisecond to each of these 11 stators to get it to spin. Thatís just the stators, you need complementary components in the rotor, each with the correct polarization to provide torque. But wait, these parts are spinning, so they need to maintain a charge somehow, but you know - time did it, it just charged all these rotor segments perfectly! Pretty good for thoughtless mindlessness. Now the fixed and spinning structures have nm bushing clearances that somehow mutated perfectly circular parts that are floating! Thatís right boys, the rotor and tail are connected to exactly nothing, but your time God is good, so presto there you have it, a whopping evolutionary marvel! So you believe these stories but in the same breath consider a 747 forming out of junk ridiculous. Help me here..
http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/10/evolution...
Double PhD Denton comments on the motor;
Motor at work;
You have completely ignored my posts that have shown you to be wrong, it is only fair that I ignore yours.

The flagellum is relatively simple. If you had read the article you would now that the steps necessary were less than fifty.

Is it any wonder that creatards like you are laughed at when they deny what has already been shown to be true?

“Commentaries”

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

In the beginning there was the void. And darkness covered the face of the earth. And God was the word. And the word said "Let there be light" and there was light. Then somewhere along the way Primordial Ooze was born.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed your explanation on how evolution made this motor and where the additional data came from, or where the intermediate forms are found or where evolution in bacteria is adding parts like this today or a mechanism or the science relative to the matter here? Without these i'm just wrong because i'm not an evolution believer? Till then I will live in my bliss.
You missed it because I don't have one. I can admit that. You have to go to magic to explain it.

What I am still missing is the evidence you have that the flagellar motor is found on the primordial bacteria. I missed your evidence of the primordial bacteria.

You may note, that some bacteria possess a structure of similar but reduced complexity to the flagellar motor. What is it that you could call that reduced structure? It is right on the tip of my tongue. It is like in between, in the middle, or inter...something.

You are ignorant, because you talk about the deep time associated with evolution on one hand and then expect to see things just changing all over the place in human time. Apparently you aren't aware of the ridiculousness of those two opposing statements. We can see evolution, but only those completely unfamiliar with science would make silly statements like yours.

Let's revisit that evidence for your claims shall we. Pony up.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You have completely ignored my posts that have shown you to be wrong, it is only fair that I ignore yours.
The flagellum is relatively simple. If you had read the article you would now that the steps necessary were less than fifty.
Is it any wonder that creatards like you are laughed at when they deny what has already been shown to be true?
Sure, show me up with evidence of the development of the flagellar motor that I couldn't provide in my last post. I will have to look back at your post. I must have missed it.

Doesn't look good for SBT.

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake. Four coffins...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
Tell me Chuckie doesn't say "the" and "only" in post #103533. Tell me ants are not a dominant species or that faith healers "stand a prayer" against any number of disease organisms.
Tell me that is the one Tike replied to! Oh that's right it isn't. So what was your point again?:-)

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

There is no real debate. The creation story in the bible is clearly a myth. Before the end of the first chapter we can dismiss it. The story has night and day before there is a sun. It also has plants growing before there is a sun.
Come on people, time to accept the Creation story is a myth written by ignorant Bronze Age goat herders. It's understandable that they didn't know moonlight is a reflection of sunlight, but how can you here, in the 21st Century be so ignorant?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Ok who is up for some questions?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
All the lit on the Prokaryote show it with a flagella.
So from a picture you assume that all prokaryotes have one and that the earliest ones did? Even though biologists painstakingly point out that the flagellum has to be the result of multiple evolutionary steps over millions of years? Even though any biology book dealing with bacteria will doubtlessly show many pitures of bacteria with and without flagella?

I am sorry but the only words I can use to describe your claim is its bloody stupid. Very, very stupid. One of the dumbest creationist attempts at distorting what biologists claim yet, and these liars have tried just about everything.

If a representative picture of a mammal had a tail would that mean biologists assume all mammals have tails?

PS Denton is an evolutionist. Cheers.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Ok I take that back about Denton.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Charlie boy, I hate to break it to you, but you are an animal too.
The only difference between you and any other mammal is that you have an overgrown cerebrum. It seems that as its a very recent evolutionary trend, some like you have not quite yet learned how to use it effectively.
Thanks Chim, i am not disputing our animal nature, the issue is that, our level of intelligence is higher.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You really do not understand do you?
Yes and humans can be tamed by humans, so what? Rather like some human captive who is tortured into submission, the a lion (for example) will bide itís time, until given a chance and it will then make a tasty snack of itís torturer.
There are animals that dominate other animals in the same group. There are species that dominate other species. There are species in which gender is dominant. There a plants that dominate other plants.
Some species use other species as slaves or helpers. Some species live in total synergy with other species.
Some animals can be devious and cheat and lie, just like humans can.
Tell me, is it your distinct lack of education or your religious deliberate ignorance that tells you that humans are the only dominant animal?
Babel fish.only dead fish go with the flow.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and humans can be tamed by humans, so what? Rather like some human captive who is tortured into submission, the a lion (for example) will bide itís time, until given a chance and it will then make a tasty snack of itís torturer.
There are animals that dominate other animals in the same group. There are species that dominate other species. There are species in which gender is dominant. There a plants that dominate other plants.
Some species use other species as slaves or helpers. Some species live in total synergy with other species.
Tell me, is it your distinct lack of education or your religious deliberate ignorance that tells you that humans are the only dominant animal?
Trash. The only habitable planet is planet. No projections or guessing here.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
To your imaginary trash, if those lines do not exist, why are we using them?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Babel fish.only dead fish go with the flow.
Say what? Too much wacky backy again?

Fish go whichever way they want, the flow has very little to do with it.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Trash. The only habitable planet is planet. No projections or guessing here.
We know you donít keep up with scientific discoveries but that is no excuse for your ignorance.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> To your imaginary trash, if those lines do not exist, why are we using them?
You fooking ignorant moron, I am not explaining it again just because you are incapable of learning anything after being told five times already so tough for you.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course animals can never reason like humans, they are not humans and humans can never reason like animals
That does not mean that some animals are not intelligent, however it does mean that only human animals are human.
You shout that you want others to think, try your own medicine now and again, you may find it enlightening.
Ofcourse other animals level of intelligence is higher, but that of the humans, are more higher; Nuts.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and?
Why are you assuming a pig would wear lipstick? Is this one of your fetishes?
Get a clue on idioms or figurative expressions. Humans level of intelligence are always higher. Nuts.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Will Charles ever come to terms with being a mammal?
My understanding of science may be quite different from yours, i do know we are mammals, primates, animals, etc, but our level of intelligence supercedes others. Period.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••