Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216897 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103866 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You can not answer either.{head/ desk};-(
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You have explained nothing. Going from west to east, a whole day is gained and vice versa, is that not reality?
No. It is not anyone's reality but yours and a few thousand third graders. Most of them should figure out time zones and the IDL in a week or two. It's sadly apparent that some never will.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#103867 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Human intelligence is always higher.
you prove that NOT to be the case

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#103868 Oct 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Insufficient data for a meaningful answer.
Likewise. You can not answer a simple question presented.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103869 Oct 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it was a completely stupid comment by you. Days are neither gained nor lost. Only the CALENDAR day is adjusted.
I've crossed the International Date Line several times. I neither went forward nor backwards in time.
Stupid answers must always come from stupid people( fellows). Get a clue about the IDL, and retract your foolish statements.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103870 Oct 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
IF you buy the story, your god created satan. He is therefore responsible for satan.
Good parents in some cases gives birth to stubborn or bad kids, true or false?

Level 2

Location hidden

#103871 Oct 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
The lines are imaginary, idiot. No one gains or loses an actual 24-hour day.
To your understanding, they are, but to reality, they go bey onds that, that is, they are invisible. Get a clue about the IDL, idiot! That is a compliment.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103872 Oct 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently not. And I offer your head as proof.
You mean your head(?.)

Level 2

Location hidden

#103873 Oct 30, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaningless response.
Likewise.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103874 Oct 30, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say your God hypothesis is impossible. I said you have no
evidence for it, nor even shown why such a hypothesis is necessary.
"Every direction proves that possibility" is a meaningless and empty
statement signifying nothing.
Likewise. You have no evidence either to disprove the almighty God, none to date.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103875 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am bringing nothing but Geography, which is an aspect or branch of science. Those lines exist, why? Because going westward from the east, you lose a whole day and vice versa. What scientific laws or theories are you looking for again?
The time zones are nothing more than conventions to sync human activities with the solar terminator. You don't gain or lose any time by crossing them. They are not science or magic, they are human artifices - like the doctrines based on the Bible. Just because you can point at a line on a map or a Book on a shelf doesn't make it "real".

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#103876 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Stupid answers must always come from stupid people( fellows). Get a clue about the IDL, and retract your foolish statements.
You're confusing how to use a calander with time gained or lost. Two completely different concepts. As Mike stated, you cannot gain or lose time. That would be time travel, and however neat that would be, it's not yet a possibility. The IDL was created to balance out the international time zones. So if you travel around the world, you are gaining one additional hour for each time zone you pass, accumulating 24 additional hours in comparison to your watch, but you lose these 24 hours as soon as you cross the IDL, bringing the actual time and day to what your watch reads.(Of course this is the opposite if you travel clockwise). No time gained, non lost. It's a pretty basic concept really, and no, it wasn't created by God.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103877 Oct 30, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've stated earlier Charles, I'm not arguing if there is a God or
not. I do however have trouble with the concept that this God has the
responsibility of micro-managing every living being on this planet, let
alone the rest of the potential life forms in the universe.
My own personal belief is that there is a higher force within the
universe, and this to me is a form of God. Not the big dude with flowing
white hair (however cool that would be) rather a force that ties
everything together. I believe that it was this force that was
resposnsible for the fact that evolution exists, from the BB to present.
So basically I am not trying to prove you wrong, I'm just pointing out
flaws in your very stubborn way of thinking.
Likewise. There are also flaws in your ways of thinking. It goes both ways. But that again has nothing to do with the existence of God. He exist.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#103878 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise. You can not answer a simple question presented.
It was a perfectly reasonable answer, you moron. You asked "But those planet s can not sustain lives, yes or no?". We haven't been there in person and only limited exploration by probes. So let me rephrase my answer for the incorrigibly stupid:

We don't f**king know yet!

Does that help, Chuckles?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#103879 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Stupid answers must always come from stupid people( fellows).
Yes and it's about time you knocked it off.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Get a clue about the IDL, and retract your foolish statements.
Stick it up your ass, idiot. If you can get your head out of the way.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#103880 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Good parents in some cases gives birth to stubborn or bad kids, true or false?
So "he" can create an entire universe, wipe out an entire planet that pisses him off but he can't keep one numbskull in line. You betcha.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#103881 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God made all humans special, the problem with some of us like you, is nothing but ignorance. Human intelligence is always higher.
Nope, you are completely average or more likely below average and so you need to make believe that your made up god made you special in order to give you any sense of self worth because you have nothing else.

I am sure I have asked you this before but you have never responded, do you suffer from the dunning kruger effect?
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> From your premise, all scientist are atheist. Is that statement correct?
Say what? How can you get from your misunderstanding of science to all scientist are atheist? That is one hell of a leap of stupidity you got there.

Actually there are no figures for ALL scientists but the National Academy of Sciences in the US did a survey in 1993 that resulted in showing 93% of NAS members are either atheists or agnostics

Which leaves us the fact that if all atheists and agnostics were expelled from the USA, it would lose 93% of the National Academy of Sciences but less than 1% of the prison population.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Back again to my question, are all scientist atheist?
Yes, like i said, science is a complements of God's work, why? Science can not really answer all man's pressing problems, they can only remedy that.
Back again to my reply … Oh fook it, I am not repeating myself because you are too stupid top comprehend.

Science can answer what is currently capable of being answered by science, tomorrow science will be able to answer a bit more and the following day a bit more. That is called progress and is down to human ingenuity and hard work, nothing to do with any goddidit by magic dream of bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves.

This of course does not mean that science cannot currently answer EVERYTHING so it’s ok to guess on the basis of no observation and no evidence whatsoever.

Here is an ultimate answer that will totally stump you - The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is …

… wait for it …

… wait for it …

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#103882 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> To your understanding, they are, but to reality, they go bey onds that, that is, they are invisible. Get a clue about the IDL, idiot! That is a compliment.
Gibberish.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#103883 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You mean your head(?.)
No.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#103884 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise. You have no evidence either to disprove the almighty God, none to date.
Or the tooth fairy.
CrimeaRiver

UK

#103885 Oct 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise. You have no evidence either to disprove the almighty God, none to date.
there is ample evidence that there is no God:

- The fact that 'God' never makes an appearance, anywhere, ever.

- The fact that believers differ in their opinion of what God is and who He serves (Muslims, Jews and Christians are all Abrahamic faiths and yet they cannot agree on God)

- The fact that the story of God, His son and their message is all conjecture written in a book 2000 years ago. I must assume that you belive in Minotaurs, Medusa, Unicorns and Dragons as they are all characters in books written long before the bible.

- I must also assume that you believe in Hindu deities with 6 arms, elephants heads and monkey faces for these too were written in holy scriptures as far back as 5,000 years ago and are believed by a 1 billion Hindus worldwide.

There is no evidence of God! so it is absurd to respond by saying there is no evidence to disprove God!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2words into 2new words (May '12) 24 min Mila Beaujolais 6,858
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 25 min Mila Beaujolais 45,788
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 26 min Mutant-cucumber 83,175
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 30 min Mila Beaujolais 1,713
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 38 min Mila Beaujolais 61,103
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 42 min Mila Beaujolais 5,869
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 44 min Mila Beaujolais 15,269
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 1 hr Poppyann 1,515
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr Poppyann 10,643
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Brandon 207,164