Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#103787 Oct 29, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So from a picture you assume that all prokaryotes have one and that the earliest ones did? Even though biologists painstakingly point out that the flagellum has to be the result of multiple evolutionary steps over millions of years? Even though any biology book dealing with bacteria will doubtlessly show many pitures of bacteria with and without flagella?
I am sorry but the only words I can use to describe your claim is its bloody stupid. Very, very stupid. One of the dumbest creationist attempts at distorting what biologists claim yet, and these liars have tried just about everything.
If a representative picture of a mammal had a tail would that mean biologists assume all mammals have tails?
PS Denton is an evolutionist. Cheers.
Evidence that it can be far simpler which supports a incremental development:

http://www.nature.com/msb/journal/v3/n1/full/...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#103788 Oct 29, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I fully expect you to provide evidence of your extra-terrestrial journey to every single planet in the entire universe and present indisputable evidence of their total barren nature.
Appart from the earth, name any other planet that can sustain life?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#103789 Oct 29, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You really do not understand do you?
Yes and humans can be tamed by humans, so what? Rather like some human captive who is tortured into submission, the a lion (for example) will bide it’s time, until given a chance and it will then make a tasty snack of it’s torturer.
There are animals that dominate other animals in the same group. There are species that dominate other species. There are species in which gender is dominant. There a plants that dominate other plants.
Some species use other species as slaves or helpers. Some species live in total synergy with other species.
Some animals can be devious and cheat and lie, just like humans can.
Tell me, is it your distinct lack of education or your religious deliberate ignorance that tells you that humans are the only dominant animal?
Interesting you bring this up. I just watched "Blackfish" the other night.(Well, most of it before I nodded off). It addresses this exact point. In particular, Tilikum, the Orca who killed Dawn Brancheau at Sea World in Orlando a few years ago. He is also a suspect in two other deaths.

Highly recommended:
http://blackfishmovie.com/

Of course, Sea World says it's bullshit.

Related:
http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventur...

Level 2

Location hidden

#103790 Oct 29, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been injecting too much babble juice
Who said I know the exact time of my end? Certainly not me.
And who cares, certainly not me although those I leave behind will no doubt care.
People die, no god involved, live with it.
Ignorance.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103791 Oct 29, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow that a good one “My understanding of science may be quite different from yours,” brilliant, absolutely brilliant at showing your total ignorance.. You not only have no idea about what science can do you are also clueless about what science actually is. Unlike the babble, science is specific, it is not up to you to choose how you interpret it
On the contrary, you are the ignorant. Science is just a complements of God's work.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#103792 Oct 29, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God ofcourse is the creator of the universe and the living things, he created us in his image and likeness, that is why humans are termed,' intelligent animql '.
So you are going to provide proof or your statement? Anything will do, any evidence no matter how insignificant it seems to you. It really does not matter, anything will do. And if you can provide any evidence the you would of course become famous beyond avarice in doing what no one has ever been able to do thought the history of humaity.

Nope, no god involved, we are called intelligent because on average (you are the exception) humans are quite self indulgently intelligent.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#103793 Oct 29, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Get a clue on idioms or figurative expressions.
Funny coming from the guy who kept posting "til date" instead of "to date"

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#103794 Oct 29, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Appart from the earth, name any other planet that can sustain life?
mars could support life of many kinds. we don't know that there isn't life deep inside it like there is on earth...

Jovian and Saturnian moons could harbor life similar to kinds found here on Earth...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#103795 Oct 29, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You have explained nothing. Going from west to east, a whole day is gained and vice versa, is that not reality?
{face/palm}

Level 6

#103796 Oct 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting you bring this up. I just watched "Blackfish" the other night.(Well, most of it before I nodded off). It addresses this exact point. In particular, Tilikum, the Orca who killed Dawn Brancheau at Sea World in Orlando a few years ago. He is also a suspect in two other deaths.
Highly recommended:
http://blackfishmovie.com/
Of course, Sea World says it's bullshit.
Related:
http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventur...
Interesting

I read that the first entity to get the electric chair for murder was an elephant named Topsy for killing her handlers/mistreaters. Their “training” of her involved stubbing cigarettes out on her tongue.

Minnesota's North Coast

#103797 Oct 29, 2013
Stephany McDowell wrote:
In the beginning there was the void. And darkness covered the face of the earth. And God was the word. And the word said "Let there be light" and there was light. Then somewhere along the way Primordial Ooze was born.
i saw Primordial Ooze live in Providence before anyone even heard of them....

which brings me to my daughters new favorite joke. how did the hipster bun his tongue? he drank his coffee before it was cool....

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#103798 Oct 29, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> My understanding of science may be quite different from yours, i do know we are mammals, primates, animals, etc, but our level of intelligence supercedes others. Period.
Im not arguing. We are clearly the most intelligent animal around. Many animals are the best at something or other. So what? You obviously have a big forebrain compared to most animals giving you the ability to make greater abstractions. None of that means you have an immortal soul. Quite the opposite in fact...its that lump of tissue in your skull, not any invisible magical soul, that makes you special.

The problem is that this lump of tissue knows it has an expiry date and its afraid of that, so it invents all kinds of baloney to avoid facing reality.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#103799 Oct 29, 2013
All I have seen teaches me to trust the creator for all I have not seen.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Level 6

#103800 Oct 29, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ignorance.
So that’s you problem? Thanks for telling us
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> On the contrary, you are the ignorant. Science is just a complements of God's work.
Ehm no. Science: the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

You fall down in the first couple of words

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#103801 Oct 29, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ofcourse other animals level of intelligence is higher, but that of the humans, are more higher; Nuts.
"More higher"? Really?
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>
My understanding of science may be quite different from yours...
As in his is extensive and you don't have a clue.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really a Numbskull.
Great rebuttal
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>
First class ignorance. Now do you know the exact time of your end? No! But that time must surely, this is not chance or coincident but, God.
Assuming there is a God, and assuming that his realm is not limited to just Earth, but the entire universe. Now take into consideration the size of the universe. Are you inferring that God is responsible for the management of every single human's life here on Earth, every single interaction, and the planning of every single life and death, as well as any other potential being in the universe? This must keep him pretty busy. What about the guy in Texas who was struck by lightning twice yesterday. Was this part of God’s agenda?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103802 Oct 29, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not arguing. We are clearly the most intelligent animal around. Many animals are the best at something or other. So what? You obviously have a big forebrain compared to most animals giving you the ability to make greater abstractions. None of that means you have an immortal soul. Quite the opposite in fact...its that lump of tissue in your skull, not any invisible magical soul, that makes you special.
The problem is that this lump of tissue knows it has an expiry date and its afraid of that, so it invents all kinds of baloney to avoid facing reality.
Hmm.. In responding to Charles you're playing a little fast and loose with the term "we". He's toying with the idea that travelling faster than the Earth rotates is time travel. I'm waiting for him to bring up the scientific theory of "my left is your right".

Minnesota's North Coast

#103803 Oct 29, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
All I have seen teaches me to trust the creator for all I have not seen.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
poets are very good at taking unoriginal thoughts and phrasing them is original ways...

and for working at Perkins to make a living...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#103804 Oct 29, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting
I read that the first entity to get the electric chair for murder was an elephant named Topsy for killing her handlers/mistreaters. Their “training” of her involved stubbing cigarettes out on her tongue.
Doesn't appear to be the first but a true story:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topsy_%28elephan...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#103805 Oct 29, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
"More higher"? Really?
Must be another of Chuckles' idioms.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#103806 Oct 29, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm.. In responding to Charles you're playing a little fast and loose with the term "we". He's toying with the idea that travellingy faster than the Earth rotates is time travel. I'm waiting for him to bring up the scientific theory of "my left is your right".
I piss off enough fundies as it is without deliberately insulting them. Might as well be inclusive where possible.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 2 min Nobody 2 Special 56,069
Some day, I would love to_______________? (Sep '12) 5 min Mary 384
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 7 min Nobody 2 Special 39,193
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min Jennifer Renee 9,748
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 8 min NinaRocks 17,798
The Letter "S" (Nov '08) 10 min 40ish 9,585
**4 Syllable Word A-Z** (Jul '12) 12 min 40ish 689
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min Mary 157,748
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 24 min Mary 6,041
Obama takes control of Internet 1 hr Jedi Mindtrick 82