Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#103637 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one. Show proof it dominates man. Just don't ramble
how bout the common cold virus? it uses humans as it will. humans have made not one advance in removing it from our bodies. it mutates quickly to counter our immune systems...

seems like we are their bitch to me...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103638 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends upon how you define "dominates". That is not a very clear term. If you go by sheer numbers, even within our own body most of the cells in your body are bacteria. Does that mean that you are "dominated by bacteria"? I wouldn't say so, but someone else might.

St. Croix valley

#103639 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Sre you clearly that stupid. The one you responded do does not say "only"
Just click the link I provided it will take you right your reply.
face it...you lost...again...yet again.

i need to get his on a taped loop to avoid carpel tunnels...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103640 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/158203.st...

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#103641 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that fool was in the military?!?
because of the C-average in highschool? sad that we have such stupid folks in our military...glad we have enough smart people to tell them what to do...
He claims it, but you know, this is Topix. He can say anything. It doesn't really matter. Lots of people were in the military.

Yeah, I am glad there are some intelligent people serving.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#103642 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends upon how you define "dominates". That is not a very clear term. If you go by sheer numbers, even within our own body most of the cells in your body are bacteria. Does that mean that you are "dominated by bacteria"? I wouldn't say so, but someone else might.
Read the context and figure out your on your own the definition of what he meant.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#103643 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>face it...you lost...again...yet again.
i need to get his on a taped loop to avoid carpel tunnels...
The link doesn't lie. But you do. What a tard lol

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#103644 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that fool was in the military?!?
because of the C-average in highschool? sad that we have such stupid folks in our military...glad we have enough smart people to tell them what to do...
In fact, he says a lot of stuff that is outright a lie. I don't really attribute a great deal of credibility to him.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#103645 Oct 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
He wasn't talking about dominating in numbers. I see you have trouble reading context as well.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#103646 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily. It may exist, it may not. Not everything is on the internet. And it may exist and I may not be able to find it.
I have given enough other supporting videos and links that support my original Bob Robertson claim.
Yes all foreign, not in American films as the ones I provided. You had it backwards when you said he used that name for American films, when in fact he used that name in foreign films. He used Sergio Leone in the American fims.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#103647 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how bout the common cold virus? it uses humans as it will. humans have made not one advance in removing it from our bodies. it mutates quickly to counter our immune systems...
Various hemorrhagic fevers...

St. Croix valley

#103648 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't talking about dominating in numbers. I see you have trouble reading context as well.
how bout the metrics i gave.

oh yeah, you'll just lie about them...

it must suck to have never made it to manhood.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103649 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the context and figure out your on your own the definition of what he meant.
You said that there were no species that we could not dominate, if I recall correctly. There are many bacteria and insects that we cannot dominate.

The problem was that you were not clear in your wording in the original post.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103650 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I would. As without them we're f cked. And at any time viruses could rise up and decimate the human population. Clearly we are dominated by bacteria.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#103651 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how bout the common cold virus? it uses humans as it will. humans have made not one advance in removing it from our bodies. it mutates quickly to counter our immune systems...
Once you get a cold and defeat it, your body has antigens or antibodies to that specific strain. The next cold you catch is a mutation or a different variety of the cold.

Different variety play a big role in there as well, not only mutations.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#103652 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that there were no species that we could not dominate, if I recall correctly. There are many bacteria and insects that we cannot dominate.
The problem was that you were not clear in your wording in the original post.
It was not originally my post. Like I said go back and read Charles post and you can see what he means. Or keep playing the red herring that you are good at.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#103653 Oct 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Various hemorrhagic fevers...
I hate the 24 hour hemorrhagic fever.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103654 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes all foreign, not in American films as the ones I provided. You had it backwards when you said he used that name for American films, when in fact he used that name in foreign films. He used Sergio Leone in the American fims.
My trailer was in English, and American English at that. It was clearly meant for use in the U.S.. Now the actual film was delayed here for a while due to the lawsuit. It was not released here until 1967. So for some "A Few Dollars More" was the first film they saw. Clint Eastwood became a star due to Fistful, and he was an international star first, where it was definitely released as being directed by Bob Robertson. I did assume the reason the names were changed was due to U.S. prejudice against Italian directors of westerns but I have found out that it was due to international prejudice against Italian directors of westerns.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#103655 Oct 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I would. As without them we're f cked. And at any time viruses could rise up and decimate the human population. Clearly we are dominated by bacteria.
Would you call that movie the "Germinator" being the "Terminator" is about machines?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#103656 Oct 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the '18 -'19 flu pandemic?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 5 min Lumatrix 1,561
Things that make life eaiser... 14 min wichita-rick 294
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 16 min Papa Smurfaletto 10,954
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 23 min wichita-rick 161,880
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 37 min WetBlanket 7,933
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 38 min WetBlanket 8,182
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 47 min Lumatrix 4,885
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 2 hr -CatCiao- 8,278
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Think real hard 40,305
News Study: Beards are filled with poop and 'as dirt... 3 hr Spotted Girl 16