Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201431 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#103670 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you get a cold and defeat it, your body has antigens or antibodies to that specific strain. The next cold you catch is a mutation or a different variety of the cold.
Different variety play a big role in there as well, not only mutations.
just like i stated in the way they own us....

do try to keep yup little boy.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#103671 Oct 27, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Airborne. Great. The worst we could expect.
Something like Naegleria fowleri has a incredibly high fatality rate, but low incidence do to confinement to warm, stagnant water. You can easily avoid contact, but if a microbe with that fatality rate got airborne, where would you run?
Ah, the brain eater. That would be, yes, bad.

No, I'm not any sort of doctor - but I've been a naturalist my whole life, and curious about matters medical.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103672 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just like i stated in the way they own us....
You think colds own us. LMAO. Yep they eradicate us.

Humans catch an average of 2-3 colds per year. You Don't live long enough to catch them all or you would be immune to them all.

Well over 200 viruses are implicated in the cause of the common cold.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cold

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103673 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just like i stated in the way they own us....
And it is not much mutation at all. You see viral infections, that are what colds are, can't be treated with antibiotics, they just run their course and then you are immune to that strain.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#103674 Oct 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, the brain eater. That would be, yes, bad.
No, I'm not any sort of doctor - but I've been a naturalist my whole life, and curious about matters medical.
Me too. I have been a naturalist since I was a kid I suppose.

I am interested in medical matters to some extent. Mainly as it relates to the development of antibiotic resistance by bacteria.

Level 9

#103675 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And it is not much mutation at all. You see viral infections, that are what colds are, can't be treated with antibiotics, they just run their course and then you are immune to that strain.
Once within the host, viruses can mutate.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103676 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are your two trailers you posted.
Which one do you see in English? LMAO
http://www.watchthetitles.com/articles/0018-a...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8OkF6zrpJAQXX
I see you are STILL stuck on stupid. That is totally amazing.

I already told you the one that I was looking for could not be found. The one I was looking for was the one that was on my DVD. Where do you think I got the idea from in the first place? The fact that I can't find it online somewhere in no way means that it does not exist. I cannot prove that it was done in English right now. I have proven that Sergio Leone used the pseudonym in Italy of all places, oh, I almost forgot, and in Spain, don't forget the poster that I linked.

Either way my case was made that he used the pseudonym on "Fistful". It was AFTER he was successful that he went back to his real name.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103677 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I already told you the one that I was looking for could not be found. The one I was looking for was the one that was on my DVD. Where do you think I got the idea from in the first place? The fact that I can't find it online somewhere in no way means that it does not exist. I cannot prove that it was done in English right now. I have proven that Sergio Leone used the pseudonym in Italy of all places, oh, I almost forgot, and in Spain, don't forget the poster that I linked.
Either way my case was made that he used the pseudonym on "Fistful". It was AFTER he was successful that he went back to his real name.
Man talk about stuck on stupid and a liar! You are.

You clearly said "My trailer was in English, and American English at that. It was clearly meant for use in the U.S."

Here is the link to it.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

Helll even if you look above my post that you responded to you could see that. LMFAO

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103678 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You said he used the name Bob Robertson when the movies came to America because the fact that Americans were not quite ready for films directed by furreners, especially cowboy movies.

So see you had it backwards. He used Bob in the movies before they came to the US, In the US versions he went by Leone. Dance around all you want but you had it backwards.

Level 9

#103679 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You hooked this moron because you mentioned a pseudonym he didn't recognize and sent him into a three day meltdown. Classic. I guess you must have used your military training to get in his head.

What a dumb ass.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103680 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Man talk about stuck on stupid and a liar! You are.
You clearly said "My trailer was in English, and American English at that. It was clearly meant for use in the U.S."
Here is the link to it.
Helll even if you look above my post that you responded to you could see that. LMFAO
Moron, how many times do I have to tell you that I cannot find the trailer that I have at home in English? It does not really matter if I cannot find my English version. I found enough foreign language posters and videos that support my claim.

And the page you linked does not have that quote on it anywhere.

You can see the post where I say this:

'replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually after a little web search, the guy you named is not even connected to that movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060196/fullcredi ...
Wrong, he directed the movie.'

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103681 Oct 27, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You hooked this moron because you mentioned a pseudonym he didn't recognize and sent him into a three day meltdown. Classic. I guess you must have used your military training to get in his head.
What a dumb ass.
Worse yet, replaytime himself linked articles that said that "Bob Robertson" was a pseudonym of Sergio Leone more than once.

Now he is trying to get by on a technicality.

Level 9

#103682 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse yet, replaytime himself linked articles that said that "Bob Robertson" was a pseudonym of Sergio Leone more than once.
Now he is trying to get by on a technicality.
His posts are eratic and of questionable validity, so it is hard to tell what he is trying to prove. As near as I can tell he has developed some radical version of a straw man and is obsessed with beating that to pieces.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103683 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron, how many times do I have to tell you that I cannot find the trailer that I have at home in English? It does not really matter if I cannot find my English version. I found enough foreign language posters and videos that support my claim.
'replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually after a little web search, the guy you named is not even connected to that movie.
Your link is a dud. What guy, what movie?
I gave you links showing the directors name idiot.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103684 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
'replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep their are plenty of links that show that in foreign language, I never said there wasn't I said the movies I watched, which would be in English, were directed by Leone. He used Bob to honor his father in his own country you idiot.

You had it backwards. He used Bob in the movies before they came to the US, In the US versions he went by Leone. Dance around all you want but you had it backwards.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103685 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep their are plenty of links that show that in foreign language, I never said there wasn't I said the movies I watched, which would be in English, were directed by Leone. He used Bob to honor his father in his own country you idiot.
You had it backwards. He used Bob in the movies before they came to the US, In the US versions he went by Leone. Dance around all you want but you had it backwards.
Nope, he used it throughout Europe, and my teaser that I cannot find on line indicates it was planned to be released in the U.S. by the same name. How quickly you forget, I showed he was called Bob Robertson in both Italy and Spain. It seems that the Italians did not have a good history when it came to westerns at the time and he was playing it safe to put an "American" name on the film.

I never had it backwards, it looks like the lawsuit changed his plans. Once it became obvious that he had a mega-hit on his hands he wanted to take personal credit for that. Some directors still do this today. They have a pseudonym that they can put on movies they make that they think will be stinkers.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103686 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean your link is a dud. I copied that from a quote so ultimately the link is yours. The copied link does not work since it was shortened by topix.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103687 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way, you moron, you gave me links saying that Bob Robertson was a pseudonym for Sergio Leone. You do realize that makes the two interchangeable in a sense. The one link that you gave that clearly mentioned it was the Wikipedia link on "Fistful":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Fistful_of_Dol...

"As one of the first spaghetti westerns to be released in the United States, many of the European cast and crew took on American-sounding stage names. These included Leone himself ("Bob Robertson"), Gian Maria Volonté("Johnny Wels"), and composer Ennio Morricone ("Dan Savio"). "

When it comes to handguns replaytime is a crack shot. He can hit his own feet at a distance of 100 paces.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103688 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way, you moron, you gave me links saying that Bob Robertson was a pseudonym for Sergio Leone. You do realize that makes the two interchangeable in a sense. The one link that you gave that clearly mentioned it was the Wikipedia link on "Fistful":
"As one of the first spaghetti westerns to be released in the United States, many of the European cast and crew took on American-sounding stage names. These included Leone himself ("Bob Robertson"), Gian Maria Volonté("Johnny Wels"), and composer Ennio Morricone ("Dan Savio"). "
When it comes to handguns replaytime is a crack shot. He can hit his own feet at a distance of 100 paces.
Yes and read that first sentence again. What does it say, oh yea it says "A Fistful of Dollars (Italian: Per un pugno di dollari) is a 1964 spaghetti western film directed by Sergio Leone

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103689 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked me the what A Fistful of Dollars was a remake of and what was its latest version.
I told you the latest remake I know of with the same plot was "Last Man Standing" starring Bruce Willis. I did not know what Leone's was a remake of.

So what was Leone's "A Fistful of Dollars" a remake of?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 13 min SweLL GirL 13,491
News Sticks, bug hunts and stargazing - '50 things' ... 15 min greymouser 9
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 23 min Red_Forman 194,372
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 27 min ceemee2 18,445
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 27 min Old Enzo49 58,081
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 30 min ceemee2 11,741
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 31 min Old Enzo49 8,541
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 2 hr Figarooo 182
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr andet1987 32,679
More from around the web