Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222225 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103654 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes all foreign, not in American films as the ones I provided. You had it backwards when you said he used that name for American films, when in fact he used that name in foreign films. He used Sergio Leone in the American fims.
My trailer was in English, and American English at that. It was clearly meant for use in the U.S.. Now the actual film was delayed here for a while due to the lawsuit. It was not released here until 1967. So for some "A Few Dollars More" was the first film they saw. Clint Eastwood became a star due to Fistful, and he was an international star first, where it was definitely released as being directed by Bob Robertson. I did assume the reason the names were changed was due to U.S. prejudice against Italian directors of westerns but I have found out that it was due to international prejudice against Italian directors of westerns.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#103655 Oct 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I would. As without them we're f cked. And at any time viruses could rise up and decimate the human population. Clearly we are dominated by bacteria.
Would you call that movie the "Germinator" being the "Terminator" is about machines?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#103656 Oct 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I would. As without them we're f cked. And at any time viruses could rise up and decimate the human population. Clearly we are dominated by bacteria.
Remember the '18 -'19 flu pandemic?

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#103657 Oct 27, 2013
Bed bug infestations have increased dramatically over the last 20 or 30 years due in part to travel, international commerce and pesticide resistance.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103658 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't talking about dominating in numbers. I see you have trouble reading context as well.
If you read my previous post you would see that I do not have that trouble at all. Plus also the numbers DO count as they are an indicator of the success of the organisms in question.

See, you view humans as the dominant species due to its ability to change the environment to suit our needs, like farmland, artificial lakes, cities, blah blah blah, etc. However you fail to remember that we humans are merely just another environment for bacteria to live in. Plus the more we change the environment only provides bacteria more opportunity to spread to even more areas. Heck even our reproduction produces more bacteria. And in case you were wondering about bacteria's ability to change its environment:

http://www.worldinterestingfacts.com/wp-conte...
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103659 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you get a cold and defeat it, your body has antigens or antibodies to that specific strain. The next cold you catch is a mutation or a different variety of the cold.
Different variety play a big role in there as well, not only mutations.
Yes, different variety of...

... more viruses?

Thought so. Yup. Pretty ubiquitous these things are, eh.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#103660 Oct 27, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I hate the 24 hour hemorrhagic fever.
Some of 'em will kill you that fast after you show symptoms.

Ebola Zaire Mayinga. Fatality rate up to 90%.

Ebola Reston (yes, that's Reston, Virginia) pushed 100% among monkeys - AND it went airborne.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#103661 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
My trailer was in English, and American English at that. It was clearly meant for use in the U.S.. Now the actual film was delayed here for a while due to the lawsuit. It was not released here until 1967. So for some "A Few Dollars More" was the first film they saw. Clint Eastwood became a star due to Fistful, and he was an international star first, where it was definitely released as being directed by Bob Robertson. I did assume the reason the names were changed was due to U.S. prejudice against Italian directors of westerns but I have found out that it was due to international prejudice against Italian directors of westerns.
Here are your two trailers you posted.

Which one do you see in English? LMAO

http://www.watchthetitles.com/articles/0018-a...

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103662 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you call that movie the "Germinator" being the "Terminator" is about machines?
Possibly, if I were an Intelligent Design proponent.

747 junkyard.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103663 Oct 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Remember the '18 -'19 flu pandemic?
Little before my time.

;-p

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#103664 Oct 27, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting out of wiki? Are you sure about those numbers? Look at the prokaryotes equipped w an axial proton motor and 4+Mb of DNA jumping right out of the primordial soup. Read what wiki states about this then look up what the Harvard studies state, that it took "billions" of years to "evolve" the motor. Problem is one side or the other forgot to move the billions goal posts, again.. many other uniform dating systems contradict the ages you quoted.
http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/a-questio...
That's a different subject. I was replying to your post about the moon and tides remember?

We don't know how much dna early life had.
We don't know when the proton motor evolved.
There's 3 billion years between the earliest signs of life an animal life.
Do you understand just how long a billion years is?

Level 9

#103666 Oct 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Remember the '18 -'19 flu pandemic?
I have read some estimates that place the death toll from that pandemic between 50 and 100 million world wide. That seems to show the violence inherent in the system. The flu was repressing us.

Level 9

#103667 Oct 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Some of 'em will kill you that fast after you show symptoms.
Ebola Zaire Mayinga. Fatality rate up to 90%.
Ebola Reston (yes, that's Reston, Virginia) pushed 100% among monkeys - AND it went airborne.
Airborne. Great. The worst we could expect.

Something like Naegleria fowleri has a incredibly high fatality rate, but low incidence do to confinement to warm, stagnant water. You can easily avoid contact, but if a microbe with that fatality rate got airborne, where would you run?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#103669 Oct 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Little before my time.
;-p
Huh. Seems I'm older than you are.

That pandemic killed up to 100 million people, about 5% of the world's population, everywhere.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#103670 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you get a cold and defeat it, your body has antigens or antibodies to that specific strain. The next cold you catch is a mutation or a different variety of the cold.
Different variety play a big role in there as well, not only mutations.
just like i stated in the way they own us....

do try to keep yup little boy.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#103671 Oct 27, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Airborne. Great. The worst we could expect.
Something like Naegleria fowleri has a incredibly high fatality rate, but low incidence do to confinement to warm, stagnant water. You can easily avoid contact, but if a microbe with that fatality rate got airborne, where would you run?
Ah, the brain eater. That would be, yes, bad.

No, I'm not any sort of doctor - but I've been a naturalist my whole life, and curious about matters medical.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#103672 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just like i stated in the way they own us....
You think colds own us. LMAO. Yep they eradicate us.

Humans catch an average of 2-3 colds per year. You Don't live long enough to catch them all or you would be immune to them all.

Well over 200 viruses are implicated in the cause of the common cold.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cold

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#103673 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just like i stated in the way they own us....
And it is not much mutation at all. You see viral infections, that are what colds are, can't be treated with antibiotics, they just run their course and then you are immune to that strain.

Level 9

#103674 Oct 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, the brain eater. That would be, yes, bad.
No, I'm not any sort of doctor - but I've been a naturalist my whole life, and curious about matters medical.
Me too. I have been a naturalist since I was a kid I suppose.

I am interested in medical matters to some extent. Mainly as it relates to the development of antibiotic resistance by bacteria.

Level 9

#103675 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And it is not much mutation at all. You see viral infections, that are what colds are, can't be treated with antibiotics, they just run their course and then you are immune to that strain.
Once within the host, viruses can mutate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 min Obnoxious Geno 76,843
True False Game (Jun '11) 3 min LindaK 15,310
What Could Be Hot? (May '15) 4 min Crazy Jae 833
News not Real News: a look at what didn't happen thi... 5 min Trumfusion 15
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 6 min Crazy Jae 5,860
Monday- Solar Eclipse 6 min Scarbelly Bob 18
What Turns You Off? (Jan '17) 7 min skybobbie 1,234
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 8 min Liberal Retard 25,313
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr seriously the ori... 222,091
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr skybobbie 5,471
Cyber Friendships real or not? (Nov '11) 2 hr Beverly 1,263
More from around the web