Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171797 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103583 Oct 27, 2013
chance47 wrote:
Evolution is about change in species over time, not about creation.
Why would one assume that either contradicts the other?
Because fundies can't bear the thought of a God they can't control.

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#103584 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i've actually been hit by lightning. a ground shot...so ...did god miss or was it just a shot across my bow?
or, as any sane person would infer...just an act of nature?
Read this link. This is the post you replied to. Tell me if it says "the" or "only. I will even post the comment and your reply below for you.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> As far as research is concerned, humans remains the dominant species.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, some insect species dominate other insect species.
think....then post.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103585 Oct 27, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Lord! I thought the Sucking bone was simply stricken with a condescending attitude borne in the bile of stupidity. No. This homicidally stupid idiot thinks he has the knowledge to improve the lives of those he converses with, Oh! he can help them!... debate is no where near the descriptive term, he hasn't the where with all to actually debate.
Actually Bo, we're all still waiting for you to learn what the word 'debate' actually MEANS.

AFTER that point, then perhaps you could participate.(shrug)

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

San Jose, CA

#103586 Oct 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying again.
Remember your fundie sources lie, plus we have already established that your position renders evidence irrelevant. So you're lying twice.
So when your God told you not to bear false witness did He really mean to sin as much as you like until you finally meet Him and recant then? Ya know, like Darwin?
Again I see no rebuttal nor civil response. You're acting just like one of my profs that worked they missippi delta for 7 years only to find 5000 years of sediments and lost it before he learned the truth. Least he figured it out in a few months. He has 40 years on his PhD. Name calling doesn't change the truth. Sorry.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103587 Oct 27, 2013
Cool, in a post above me replaytime goes totally schizo and notices that he is not man enough to admit that he is wrong. ROFLMAO!

And another film clip for replaytime, this one showing that the original iconic graphics at the start of the film was directed by "Bob Roberson":

http://www.watchthetitles.com/articles/0018-a...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103589 Oct 27, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're 'enslaved by taxes'.
Poor baby.
Are you REALLY trying to equate that with actual, PHYSICAL slavery?
Yes he is. See, rather than have them get paid for their work so they could buy their own food, SBT is promoting that slavery is good so that they won't starve to death. What a good samaritan!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103590 Oct 27, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I see no rebuttal nor civil response. You're acting just like one of my profs that worked they missippi delta for 7 years only to find 5000 years of sediments and lost it before he learned the truth. Least he figured it out in a few months. He has 40 years on his PhD. Name calling doesn't change the truth. Sorry.
Your sites have been rebutted many times. You complain when others use Wikipedia which is occasionally wrong, and use lying sources that are always wrong.

Try to find some peer reviewed science that supports your claims. The paper that I have linked more than once that explains how the rotator flagellum evolved was based on over 200 peer reviewed papers. It cited them. Your article avoid peer review.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103591 Oct 27, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
More research has come out. As the Prokaryote Bac have a flagella, this motor was there in the first evolutionary cell
Bull. Not necessary with microscopic organisms floating on eddy's and currents in a liquid medium.
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>but writing wordy papers doesn't make a 747 jump out of a junk yard in reality. This analogy is accurate.
Only if 747's are capable of self-reproduction. Otherwise it's still bull. Follow up with your infinite regression fallacy and you all fall down.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103594 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us where this came from:
"If any slave resists his master...correcting such a slave, and shall happen to be killed in such correction...the master shall be free of all punishment...as if such accident never happened."
It IS written.
Then tell us that it still applies today.
I dare you.
Then tell us that your God is not a schizophrenic psychopath. I dare you.(shrug)

Or put it another way, if that no longer applies today then there is no reason Genesis should either.

And it doesn't.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103595 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You did not follow my instructions, woody.
In doing so, you failed to understand the lesson.
Um, who are you again?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If you choose to remain willfully ignorant so you can hate the bible, I cannot help you.
Irony meter BOOM!!!

Level 5

#103596 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I gave better more complete ones that supported what I said.
All you could find were sources that say eventually it had Sergio Leone's real name on it. If I find something earlier those trump your videos that were made after the fact. For example this trailer in Italian:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8OkF6zrpJAQXX
You got pissed off because you got what was admittedly a trick question wrong. Now with all of the evidence staring you in the face you still won't admit that you were wrong.
You are the one that is clearly stuck on stupid.
I got question wrong by saying I don't know. The only Bob Robertson I know of was a baseball player. LMAO

Like I said the movies I watched

A fistful of Dollars. Just skip ahead to 1:57 where it says Director--- Sergio Leone
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

A song from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, started this whole discussion because that theme was in the BBT video I posted.

The good, the bad and the ugly credits. Skip ahead to 2:38 and see Director--- Sergio Leone

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103597 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us where this came from:
"If any slave resists his master...correcting such a slave, and shall happen to be killed in such correction...the master shall be free of all punishment...as if such accident never happened."
It IS written.
Then tell us that it still applies today.
I dare you.
<quoted text>
You did not follow my instructions, woody.
In doing so, you failed to understand the lesson.
If you choose to remain willfully ignorant so you can hate the bible, I cannot help you.
<quoted text>
Suit yourself. Remain ignorant. I've got better things to do than waste time on you.
Okay, bye then.(shrug)

Level 5

#103598 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Cool, in a post above me replaytime goes totally schizo and notices that he is not man enough to admit that he is wrong. ROFLMAO!
And another film clip for replaytime, this one showing that the original iconic graphics at the start of the film was directed by "Bob Roberson":
Yes cool from your own link. It says "After the film's initial release in Italy, it took three years until the film was released in the US, but director Sergio Leone's...."
drinK the Hive

New York, NY

#103599 Oct 27, 2013
You're Clearly In The Dark About A Few Thing'...

http://www.wired.com/news/images/full/ibong_f...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#103600 Oct 27, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
what is the name of this professor? where did he teach? what articles did he publish?

i cry bullshit on this to the nth degree...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#103601 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
he is quite the bright one, isn't he?

he did the exact same to me. proved he was wrong and admitted he wasn't man enough to admit it.

i guess the stress of him posting so much bullshit is finally getting too much for his psyche...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103602 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Absolutely.
What is good, bad and moral is 100% relative to each region and time.
There are societies out there that believe cannibalism is a right of passage. They think it's good. We don't.
Actually this is wrong. You guys eat the body of Christ and worship his sacrifice. His sacrifice was a sham to satisfy your god's bloodlust to shame you into eternal slavery or eternal torture for those who don't get down on their knees. You think this is good. We don't.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There are societies out there that think incest is the best way to keep a family line. They think that's moral, we don't.
Actually this is wrong. You guys believe in Adam and Eve AND Noah's flood. Both led to what would have been the largest incestuous orgy in history both times. This was apparently necessary after your god wiped out the entire planet in one big hissy fit by killing the entire population of men, women and children in extremely horrible ways. You think this is good. We don't.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There are cultures out there that think eating a dog or a horse is fine dining. They think that's good, we don't.
There are lions out there that think eating a wildebeest is good. The wildebeest don't. You think eating cows, pigs, chickens and fish is good. The cows, pigs, chickens and fish don't.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What rock do you live under?
Apparently one with an opening out into the real world. Yours is covered in darkness and ignorance. And what's worse, you don't want to come out but retreat further back in. You desire a return to the Dark Ages.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103603 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I got question wrong by saying I don't know. The only Bob Robertson I know of was a baseball player. LMAO
Like I said the movies I watched
A fistful of Dollars. Just skip ahead to 1:57 where it says Director--- Sergio Leone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rnSU_qq7owAXX
A song from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, started this whole discussion because that theme was in the BBT video I posted.
The good, the bad and the ugly credits. Skip ahead to 2:38 and see Director--- Sergio Leone
How many times do you have to be told it does not matter how they later changed the title sequence.

And do I have to go back and quote the original question?

My simple point was that you weren't much of a fan and your failure to know who Bob Robertson was made my point. You were the one who derailed the conversation by denying the evidence that showed you were wrong.

I gave both an original trailer and an original start of the movie. They both sited Bob Robertson as director. Or did you not watch my videos.

Actually this goes back even a bit further to a rather lame video that replaytime posted and which I honestly answered I was not really interested in. It was an artistic interpretation of the history of the universe and the early Earth. I did admit there was one interesting bit, but otherwise it was pretty old stale stuff. Since he seemed to like the music I asked him a question that would shown how much of a fan he was.

He failed.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103604 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes cool from your own link. It says "After the film's initial release in Italy, it took three years until the film was released in the US, but director Sergio Leone's...."
Yes, we know his real name. You are being an idiot again. The question was whether he released the movie as Bob Robertson, which he did.

Like a moron you are stuck on the fact that later editions had his real name. That does not change how it was originally released. That is why my earlier clips beat your later links.

Level 5

#103605 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Here you go;
http://website.lineone.net/~braithwaitej/main...
"When it was first released Anglicised names where again used. Sergio Leone became Bob Robertson - a homage to his father's stage name. But after the film became an big success, the Italian names where later substituted on the film prints and posters."
You said he used the name Bob Robertson when the movies came to America because the fact that Americans were not quite ready for films directed by furreners, especially cowboy movies.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

So see you had it backwards. He used Bob in the movies before they came to the US, In the US versions he went by Leone. Or did you not notice the links you posted using Bob were not in English

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teenage Clerks Brilliantly Foil Would-Be Robber 2 min DarnedSok 5
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min wichita-rick 167,153
News Naked man, 81, arrested for 'having sex with bu... 27 min wichita-rick 14
Word association (Jun '07) 36 min Mega Monster 3,345
Word Association (Jun '10) 40 min Mega Monster 28,446
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 1 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 16,029
News J.C. Penney Employee Sent Home For Wearing 'Rev... 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 29
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 12,705
Is T O P I X slipping? 1 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 23
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr Mega Monster 42,100