Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#103533 Oct 27, 2013
Humans are the only dominant species on earth( the only habitable plabnet). No matter how powerful a lion or whale is, they can be tamed by humans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#103534 Oct 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> As far as research is concerned, humans remains the dominant species.
in fact, some insect species dominate other insect species.

think....then post.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

San Francisco, CA

#103535 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you don't get my point?!? you would worship a god that condones slavery? really?
Ok try this little test, walk into a Black church next Sunday and announce that they have it all wrong.. their God is not only a hoax but even responsible for slavery. Don't pick a church with a high percentage of NFL players...

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#103536 Oct 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Humans are the only dominant species on earth( the only habitable plabnet). No matter how powerful a lion or whale is, they can be tamed by humans.

Do you think that exempts us from being one of them?
We have hands with thumbs capable of making things, that makes us the creators here, but we are also destroyers.
We can destroy them and us, maybe they are better off without us?

No matter how intelligent and powerful man becomes..nature can tame us. Nature of the beast, sorry you assume our intelligence makes us something we are not. We are just intelligent animals, not so bright sometimes, but consciousness makes our guilt of our shortcomings known too. We are but lucky apes on a world we need to help to carry on, but we still do not know how to do that much.

After f-ing up most everything we touched...can we fix it?
Our most wonderful inventions maybe the worst things ever for us. What can we do as the only dominant species to correct our stupidity? One thing is for sure Charles, god ain't gonna help.

St. Croix valley

#103537 Oct 27, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok try this little test, walk into a Black church next Sunday and announce that they have it all wrong.. their God is not only a hoax but even responsible for slavery. Don't pick a church with a high percentage of NFL players...
so you would suggest athmight makes right?

that was the sole reason your cult expanded across the globe in teh bloodiest chapter of human history ever...

glad to see you sticking to that good old time religion!

what a tool!!!

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#103538 Oct 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
It is late at night so I will give you the answer.
Bob Robertson is a pseudonym that Sergio Leone used in the past. "A Fistful of Dollars" was originally released in America as being directed by "Bob Robertson". That was a tribute to his father and a nod to the fact that Americans were not quite ready for films directed by furreners, especially cowboy movies.
Now off the top of your head can you name what movie "A Fistful of Dollars" was a remake of? Can you name the latest version of that movie? The interesting thing about these three movies is that you could still make a watchable movie by stringing random scenes from the movies together, as long as you kept the order and timing correct. They all have almost exactly the same plot. They are merely set in three different locations.
As I said he tried to use the name Bob Robertson but it never caught on. Fistful of Dollars credits from the movie itself. Just skip ahead to 1:57.

As for the newest remake with the same plot that I know of, it starred Bruce Willis and was called Last Man Standing.

What was a Fistful of Dollars was a remake of, donít know that one.

SBT
Level 2

San Jose, CA

#103539 Oct 27, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
And here we see the difference between science and religion.
When faced with the mystery of the moons recession the religious proclaim it proves God and are content in their ignorance.
Scientists instead are delighted because there's a new mystery that needs to be solved, and solved it they have.
The moon's recession is caused by the tides especially where they meet shallow seas which causes friction.
In the distant past there were less daily tides. This is because the moon goes round the earth in the same direction as the earth rotates. So when the moon was closer it circled the earth quicker resulting in less difference between months and days and hence less tides.
Another important point is the movement of the continents due to plate tectonics.
At present the arrangement of the continents create barriers to the tides (North and south America. Europe and Africa) causing a great deal of tidal friction. In the past where the continent were joined together into one or spread out more, the tidal friction was less.
The mistake young earth creationist make here is to presume tidal forces are a constant and have never changed. They're not, and they have.
If the moon was closer much of earth's habitable area would be awash! Worse than that our unstable plate system would come apart from the stress.(A system unique in our solar system) My point was that uniform rates more often than not seriously challenge long age dating assumptions with observable measurements. I don't see how that's religious, or is it because it makes evolutionists uncomfortable? Russ Humphreys go it right using reasonable assumptions based on rock solid observations and
his predictions proved it out. We should thank God for our beautiful blue planet and solar system, it's no accident.

http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/genesis-a...

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#103540 Oct 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
My dog agrees with the dolphins.
<quoted text>
What makes you think they have any interest in us?
Your dogs has conversations with dolphins and they agree? Wow and I thought a talking serpent was bad enough.

St. Croix valley

#103541 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said he tried to use the name Bob Robertson but it never caught on. Fistful of Dollars credits from the movie itself. Just skip ahead to 1:57.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rnSU_qq7owAXX
As for the newest remake with the same plot that I know of, it starred Bruce Willis and was called Last Man Standing.
i think that might be the closest i hae ever seen to you actually manning-up and admitting you were wrong.(kind of third grade school boying-up...but baby steps, Bob. baby steps...)

good on you!

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#103542 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, some insect species dominate other insect species.
think....then post.
He said "humans remains the dominant species". At in your example of "some insect species dominate other insect species." Guess what we do or can dominate all those insect species.

Talk about needing to think before you post.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#103543 Oct 27, 2013
I agree with you. Christians are inherently violent.
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>

St. Croix valley

#103544 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
He said "humans remains the dominant species". At in your example of "some insect species dominate other insect species." Guess what we do or can dominate all those insect species.
so humans are not the only dominant species, as i stated...

la-hoo-hoo-ser.....

you really have a serious problem with logic, don't you? have you ever thought of seeking help for your deficiency?

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#103545 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so humans are not the only dominant species, as i stated...
la-hoo-hoo-ser.....
you really have a serious problem with logic, don't you? have you ever thought of seeking help for your deficiency?
Ok you want to be an idiot no problem.

Name a species that dominates humans.

Name a species that could destroy humans.

Name species that humans could not dominate or destroy if they wanted to.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#103546 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i think that might be the closest i hae ever seen to you actually manning-up and admitting you were wrong.(kind of third grade school boying-up...but baby steps, Bob. baby steps...)
good on you!
I said that the other night. But you notice ole Sub will not admit that is correct.

St. Croix valley

#103547 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok you want to be an idiot no problem.
Name a species that dominates humans.
Name a species that could destroy humans.
Name species that humans could not dominate or destroy if they wanted to.
no need to. i already pointed out another species that is dominant.

logic seems to be beyond your capabilities. why do you continue to try? i certainly give you an a+ for effort, but an F- for content and execution.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#103548 Oct 27, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
If the moon was closer much of earth's habitable area would be awash! Worse than that our unstable plate system would come apart from the stress.(A system unique in our solar system) My point was that uniform rates more often than not seriously challenge long age dating assumptions with observable measurements. I don't see how that's religious, or is it because it makes evolutionists uncomfortable? Russ Humphreys go it right using reasonable assumptions based on rock solid observations and
his predictions proved it out. We should thank God for our beautiful blue planet and solar system, it's no accident.
http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/genesis-a...
The earth and moon formed about 4.6 billion years ago.
Single celled Life didn't start until about 3.8 billion years ago.
Multicellular life didn't appear until about 1 billion years ago.
Simple animals (in the sea) about 600 million years ago.

So by the time animals appear the moon is a lot further away and the tide weaker and less disruptive.

St. Croix valley

#103549 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that the other night. But you notice ole Sub will not admit that is correct.
Sub didn't commend you for almost admitting you were wrong?

do you want a hankie?

SBT
Level 2

San Francisco, CA

#103550 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you would suggest athmight makes right?
that was the sole reason your cult expanded across the globe in teh bloodiest chapter of human history ever...
glad to see you sticking to that good old time religion!
what a tool!!!
All I hear from the evolutionists here is "how can so many scientists be wrong". Ok, W T, in your own words "send me links" on this blood bath..

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#103551 Oct 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> As far as research is concerned, humans remains the dominant species.

Your lame @ss answer that does not even address his claim was
woodtick wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, some insect species dominate other insect species. think....then post
Then I say
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And then you come back with this lame @ss remark.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so humans are not the only dominant species, as i stated...
la-hoo-hoo-ser.....
Which still does not address that humans are the dominate species over all others which was what he first stated.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#103552 Oct 27, 2013
Yojimbo by Akira Kurosawa.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rnSU_qq7owAXX

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 7 min Truths 8,411
last word - first (Jun '12) 9 min Truths 7,720
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 12 min Truths 8,134
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 13 min Truths 140,268
10,000th Post WINS 4.0 (Apr '12) 14 min Truths 5,875
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 17 min Truths 2,298
Word goes to the Movies (Nov '08) 19 min whatimeisit 14,295
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr I Am No One_ 161,853
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 40,293
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Mr_FX 8,271