Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223384 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103567 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in that it's obvious that the Serpent wasn't a snake.
Yes we know. Unfortunately you can't tell us what it was prior to that so you can't accuse others of being ignorant without being a hypocrite.

As it happens though, you turned out to be a hypocrite.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#103568 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Man enough to admit you are wrong tike. This is the one you replied to with. "in fact, some insect species dominate other insect species.
think....then post."
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
Are humans the only dominant species on Earth as Chaz stated? no, they are not.

man enough to admit you are wrong? no, you are not...
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103569 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right.
You've been warned.
And you've been warned that you might end up getting lightning bolts thrown at you by Zeus for eternity. If you think that's stupid remember the threat is EXACTLY the same as yours.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#103570 Oct 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> As far as research is concerned, humans remains the dominant species.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, some insect species dominate other insect species.
think....then post.

In Charles comment like I said "the" is the key word. You just read context very well and by your idiocy got confused.

There ya have it tike. Even the link to it. Too bad so sad. You want some cheese with your whine.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#103571 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Are humans the only dominant species on Earth as Chaz stated? no, they are not.
man enough to admit you are wrong? no, you are not...
He did not say "only". He said "humans remains the dominant species."

Again the key word there is "the". Learn to read context tike.
drinK the Hive

New York, NY

#103572 Oct 27, 2013

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

San Jose, CA

#103573 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what in the hell do your two sentences have to do with each other?
one of the ugliest segues ever!
are you really so ignorant of your own cult that you are not aware of the bloody swath they left across the globe in their expansion efforts? seriously?
why are you so ignorant of your own cult's bloody past/ why would you ever join a cult without looking into their past to see if they are as murderous as this one is?
i suggest you start with Wiki and go from there. also check out the manifest Destiny doctrine in the US, and the expansion of christianity into the americas post columbus to US revolution times...
submit your essay by tomorrow at 9:00am....as always, show your work
I have, Course of Empire, Devoto; 1847, Year of Decision, same author. Kit Carson Days, Sabin; Jedidiah Smith and the opening of the West, Dale Morgan; and History of the United States, completed 44 volumes, 1895, Bancroft, to name a few. Read these and you won't be happy with the liberals that have stolen true US history.

St. Croix valley

#103574 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
i actually gave you the quote where he said only.

you are a tool. a sad, sad, stupid tool...
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103575 Oct 27, 2013
SBT wrote:
Well Dude, I know exactly what I believe and why, do you? I have peace and a good life full of blessings. I enjoy this Earth and have had the privilege to see it from above and below on most of the continents.
That's nice. But what does this have to do with the fact that you're a lying hypocrite?
SBT wrote:
My Heavenly Father opens understanding and truth to me as I humbly observe with thanksgiving. I got to spend 20+ years in Alaska flying and working and 25 more running around underground seeing some of the greatest mineral resources on earth; and maybe have a little bigger picture than most of you hotshots here. I have worked with some class geology folks on the mining and research side.
Actually you don't have a bigger picture. If you did you would be able to share it without preaching. As in, present some objectively verifiable scientific evidence.

You can't.

That's why all your posts are chock full of appeals to emotion instead of rationality.
SBT wrote:
Like I said before, explain how an Axial Proton Motor jumped out of that primordial soup of yours
We don't have to explain anything to match your requirements of a straw-man version of reality. What I CAN point out to you is that the flagellum was not present at abiogenesis AND that it has viable precursors because your IC claims forgot to take reality into account. Furthermore, you have not been able to address that yet despite me pointing it out to you weeks ago. And even further, you have been unable to provide us with an alternative explanation which does not rely upon appeal to ignorance.
SBT wrote:
and I may take you more seriously.
Again you have WAY overestimated your importance. Your opinions are irrelevant. We don't care if you personally take us seriously or not. You do not matter, plus you have also made it VERY clear that you prefer to promote lies and dishonesty rather than objectivity. So when our posts debunk you we know that you're not interested, and they are not for you in the first place. All that matters is your BS is debunked AND that you are unable to present a rational counter. We can't force you to educate yourself when you aren't interested in the first place. Therefore we don't worry about your personal ignorance.
SBT wrote:
Short of that I suggest you get down from that high ladder of yours and start looking up.
Obviously you have no concept of irony. It is impossible for me to look up to liars like you as you fundies are always coming up short.

St. Croix valley

#103576 Oct 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And you've been warned that you might end up getting lightning bolts thrown at you by Zeus for eternity. If you think that's stupid remember the threat is EXACTLY the same as yours.
i've actually been hit by lightning. a ground shot...so ...did god miss or was it just a shot across my bow?

or, as any sane person would infer...just an act of nature?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103577 Oct 27, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think we would have been a nuclear wasteland without Him?
I do..
No, we would have been a nuclear wasteland WITH him, as that's the result of your flood scenario...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103578 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your still stuck on stupid. That is sad. I gave links supporting what I said and you gave,,, that's right nothing!
Yes, but I gave better more complete ones that supported what I said.

All you could find were sources that say eventually it had Sergio Leone's real name on it. If I find something earlier those trump your videos that were made after the fact. For example this trailer in Italian:

You got pissed off because you got what was admittedly a trick question wrong. Now with all of the evidence staring you in the face you still won't admit that you were wrong.

You are the one that is clearly stuck on stupid.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103579 Oct 27, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
You have Islam mixed up with the Creator God.
Actually he doesn't. Since uh, they ARE the same deity after all. Oh, and don't forget that whole global flood thing and your buddy who just a minute ago threatened me with eternal damnation for simply disagreeing with his baseless religious opinions.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103580 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
God gave us choice called free will. If God interfered with human choices, He would be a controller, a dictator which He is not.
Free will is an illusion under (a) God. Either it is all-knowing or we have free will. Can't have both.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103581 Oct 27, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting out of wiki? Are you sure about those numbers? Look at the prokaryotes equipped w an axial proton motor and 4+Mb of DNA jumping right out of the primordial soup. Read what wiki states about this then look up what the Harvard studies state, that it took "billions" of years to "evolve" the motor. Problem is one side or the other forgot to move the billions goal posts, again.. many other uniform dating systems contradict the ages you quoted.
http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/a-questio...
Wiki is a much better site than one that has been shown to be totally moronic and ignorant of almost all science, like the ones that you use.

Why do creatards complain about Wikipedia and then use sites that are ten times worse?

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#103582 Oct 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are not man enough to admit you are wrong. LMAO
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103583 Oct 27, 2013
chance47 wrote:
Evolution is about change in species over time, not about creation.
Why would one assume that either contradicts the other?
Because fundies can't bear the thought of a God they can't control.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#103584 Oct 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i've actually been hit by lightning. a ground shot...so ...did god miss or was it just a shot across my bow?
or, as any sane person would infer...just an act of nature?
Read this link. This is the post you replied to. Tell me if it says "the" or "only. I will even post the comment and your reply below for you.

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> As far as research is concerned, humans remains the dominant species.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, some insect species dominate other insect species.
think....then post.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103585 Oct 27, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Lord! I thought the Sucking bone was simply stricken with a condescending attitude borne in the bile of stupidity. No. This homicidally stupid idiot thinks he has the knowledge to improve the lives of those he converses with, Oh! he can help them!... debate is no where near the descriptive term, he hasn't the where with all to actually debate.
Actually Bo, we're all still waiting for you to learn what the word 'debate' actually MEANS.

AFTER that point, then perhaps you could participate.(shrug)

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

San Jose, CA

#103586 Oct 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying again.
Remember your fundie sources lie, plus we have already established that your position renders evidence irrelevant. So you're lying twice.
So when your God told you not to bear false witness did He really mean to sin as much as you like until you finally meet Him and recant then? Ya know, like Darwin?
Again I see no rebuttal nor civil response. You're acting just like one of my profs that worked they missippi delta for 7 years only to find 5000 years of sediments and lost it before he learned the truth. Least he figured it out in a few months. He has 40 years on his PhD. Name calling doesn't change the truth. Sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 5 min Gordo 6,737
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 7 min xxxooxxx 21,806
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 12 min xxxooxxx 13,020
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 21 min LIM 19,236
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 23 min UnderstandPeople 35,385
Poll I Cry Because (Aug '15) 25 min LIM 13
any word you want to say (Dec '09) 28 min Crazy Jae 8,959
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 38 min Crazy Jae 14,386
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 231,366