Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#103415 Oct 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I can Google, it is from Virginia's slave code:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part1/1p268.html
And no, it is not correct today. It was not correct in the past.
And this is the important difference between man made science and laws and between man made myths. In man made science and laws we have the ability to correct errors. Things that people got wrong in the past can be corrected or amended. Sometimes entire laws are thrown out. Sometimes they are only tweaked a little bit.
Your Bible has not self correction mechanism. In fact Jesus himself stated that not one whit or jot of law would be changed. In other words he defended the maters right to beat a slave until he was almost dead. In fact if it took the slave four days to die he was off the hook.
Think how much better Christianity would be received around the world if they could go back and say, "No, we were wrong when we said the Earth was flat." Or "No, we were wrong when we said it is okay for a man to rape a woman, as long as he pays the father of the woman, not the woman, a nominal fee, and marries the woman." Or, "Man were we ever wrong about all aspects of slavery!" But your book of myths does not have that capability and that is why we know that it is a book of myths.
200 papers is allready too much let alone read 2 million pages on how the laws have been amended. But that was not the issue discussed. But these people never understand that you can add to the law and explain it more humane but you can never detract from the law, but that usually means only Torah given laws so priestly judaic sources later adding in Leviticus.(Oh they did, but left standing what was. Therefore the strange doublures that have the sun and moon later on the scene than plants e.g.)

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Location hidden

#103416 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It matters because of context, time, religion, local/regional laws, etc.
But you don't wanna hear any of it, I think. You just wanna hate God. Yes/no?
So you actually believe what's bad, good and moral are on a sliding scale, that changes within "context, time, religion, local/regional laws, etc.?" How convenient would that be for the fundie, magician crowd?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103417 Oct 26, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>Deuteronomy.
I was going to recopy the yuotube site + 200 peerreviewed scientific papers you gave about 600 posts back, but my computer does not coporate and decided that the definition of theopneustos was more relevant. l.o.l.
from studylight.org
If you would like to see it again I will gladly dig it up and post it for you. I finally found a way around this sites dislike for links to TalkOrigins.

Level 5

Location hidden

#103418 Oct 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what does that have to do with anything we are talking about? your false god clearly states he thinks it is OK to own other people and you worship that god...
how can you worship a god that even once thought it was Ok to own slaves. and if he changed his mind or was wrong about that, doesn't that also disprove the infallible god your cult attempted to create?(among all the other errors that god made...)
River is just not reading up ( or maybe not letting on...must be my incapability to understand why anyone would want to stay willfully ignorant.)

But the Hebrew Bible ( not talking about the Stolen Scriptures here Hundreds of Thousand mistakes when compared according to Ehrman) is not about not showing mistakes but about learning from those...more philosophy indeed.
Though should not kill overrides all...so those Virginians and The -what was is New or Christian- Statesman just did not get it.
Besides we had three sets of LAW vigorating then.(Bit similar to nowadays)Try and classify by law what f.i. Abram is doing, you end up lost in all of those.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#103419 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us where this came from:
"If any slave resists his master...correcting such a slave, and shall happen to be killed in such correction...the master shall be free of all punishment...as if such accident never happened."
It IS written.
Then tell us that it still applies today.
I dare you.
<quoted text>
You did not follow my instructions, woody.
In doing so, you failed to understand the lesson.
If you choose to remain willfully ignorant so you can hate the bible, I cannot help you.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you have no lesson to teach, you worship the proven false god of a cult...
still cannot justify your false god condoning slavery, huh?
Suit yourself. Remain ignorant. I've got better things to do than waste time on you.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#103420 Oct 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Google does not work on your computer?
The first test was done in 2,005 and Wikipedia was a close second to E. B.. It has improved over the years. Here is one article about it:
http://library.blogs.delaware.gov/2013/05/05/...
That said there has been studies, like you said.

But they only posted one, this blog.

http://blogs.nature.com/nascent/2005/12/compa...

LMAO!

Is that what call 'independent studies"?!

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#103421 Oct 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I can Google, it is from Virginia's slave code:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part1/1p268.html
And no, it is not correct today. It was not correct in the past.
And this is the important difference between man made science and laws and between man made myths. In man made science and laws we have the ability to correct errors. Things that people got wrong in the past can be corrected or amended. Sometimes entire laws are thrown out. Sometimes they are only tweaked a little bit.
Your Bible has not self correction mechanism. In fact Jesus himself stated that not one whit or jot of law would be changed. In other words he defended the maters right to beat a slave until he was almost dead. In fact if it took the slave four days to die he was off the hook.
Think how much better Christianity would be received around the world if they could go back and say, "No, we were wrong when we said the Earth was flat." Or "No, we were wrong when we said it is okay for a man to rape a woman, as long as he pays the father of the woman, not the woman, a nominal fee, and marries the woman." Or, "Man were we ever wrong about all aspects of slavery!" But your book of myths does not have that capability and that is why we know that it is a book of myths.
Very good.

Now that you can understand how Biblical laws of slavery are insignificant just like US laws of slavery.

Because just like the old US laws, the biblical laws were written for a specific people in a specific region during a specific time.

You dumb ass atheists think "it's written in the bible so all Christians must obey it". Why don't you think the same about old US laws?!

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#103422 Oct 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
woodtick does not hate God.
How can you hate something that does not exist?
Do you hate Santa Claus? The Easter Bunny? Smokey the Bear?
Naw, you know who really chaps my ass? That damned Groundhog. Grrr

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#103423 Oct 26, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
So you actually believe what's bad, good and moral are on a sliding scale, that changes within "context, time, religion, local/regional laws, etc.?"
Absolutely.

What is good, bad and moral is 100% relative to each region and time.

There are societies out there that believe cannibalism is a right of passage. They think it's good. We don't.

There are societies out there that think incest is the best way to keep a family line. They think that's moral, we don't.

There are cultures out there that think eating a dog or a horse is fine dining. They think that's good, we don't.

What rock do you live under?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103424 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That said there has been studies, like you said.
But they only posted one, this blog.
http://blogs.nature.com/nascent/2005/12/compa...
LMAO!
Is that what call 'independent studies"?!
What was wrong with that study?

I am trying to be polite to you but this sort of stupidity is inexcusable. In the very early days of Wikipedia there were some serious flaws in it. They corrected most of those. Why do you think that a site cannot improve? If you want to claim that the burden of proof is upon you. You have not supplied anything that supports your ignorant stance on Wikipedia.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103425 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good.
Now that you can understand how Biblical laws of slavery are insignificant just like US laws of slavery.
Because just like the old US laws, the biblical laws were written for a specific people in a specific region during a specific time.
You dumb ass atheists think "it's written in the bible so all Christians must obey it". Why don't you think the same about old US laws?!
Wrong, not according to your own Bible. Jesus himself said not one law was to change.

Of course most Christians do not know what their Bible actually says.

Level 9

Location hidden

#103426 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely.
There are societies out there that believe cannibalism is a right of passage. They think it's good. We don't.
There are societies out there that think incest is the best way to keep a family line. They think that's moral, we don't.
There are cultures out there that think eating a dog or a horse is fine dining. They think that's good, we don't.
No it's never relative. Bad and immoral behavior might be culturally or societally accepted in some place, at certain times. Acceptance alone doesn't make that behavior good or moral. Even if a certain abberant behavior was "accepted", a moral guy would choose to not engage in it. A guy with a strong moral compass would know that.

Level 5

Location hidden

#103427 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good.
DANFS is right. You are on a sliding scale.
How can you call yourself christian is THOUGH SHALT NOT KILL is not considered relevant. Nor such statements as in ALL ARE EQUAL FOR THE LAW (reminisant of the golden rule to treat others as you would like to be treated, which is still from my old days as Goddes MAAT so more than 5000 years at least old) if you make it up just as it suits you.
Humanism still faces a steep battle with people this ignorant of universal truths.

Economic gain is a better motor than any godmade one is what your saying.(even though evo made them both)

Level 5

Location hidden

#103428 Oct 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would like to see it again I will gladly dig it up and post it for you. I finally found a way around this sites dislike for links to TalkOrigins.
No thanks for offering...it is stored, i just have to figure out why the dang thing does react slow and then chooses for me...It's alive!
But i thought the same in term of talkoriginsphobia, since talkorigins has everything covered (even the Atacama as in no floods).
I'm not a big You tube fan, i rather read, but with these people it's the other way around.

Level 5

Location hidden

#103429 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely.
Really funny.
Could you source those opinions?

Level 5

Location hidden

#103430 Oct 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you don't get my point?!? you would worship a god that condones slavery? really?
Reading SBT pledge for life with a ring, is Roman customs, so i think he is confusing choosing to be free from an AKKADIAN BAAL=unity or bond of different people/tribes.(So a different meaning from the usual either also crucified and resurrected god Baal that had a son fromAntiochan turf where the bible was mostly written since Eusebius and Jerome resided there, and the simple meaning of 'lord' on considered to be ruling.)with some contrived ideas christians and especially messies have all the time.
A new bond of free people was formed.
Well not going to explain the entire book.

Nor address the point he made about blacks not minding it. Church was the only place to gather freely if not burned down by socalled christians.
Slavery before Arabs and Europeans became involved was more a case of bondslavery, paying of a debt and then just for a certain amount of time or becoming part of a different tribe after a while. Never as vile as it was under those above two groups.

Well he should know that.
But apparently people not living under rocks do not know all of this. ;-)

Level 9

Location hidden

#103431 Oct 26, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Really funny.
Could you source those opinions?
If his brains allowed him to, he couldn't possibly find the time to provide a source. He's a serial topix poster. Let's review! So far, 37,835 posts since 07/12,~2,522.33 posts/mo,~84.07 posts/day,~8.41 posts/hr (assume a 10-hour posting day), 1 post every ~7.13 minutes.

Whew! If he were one of those mythological 5 cent a post ID agents, he's made $1,891.75 here. He's much more concerned with post volume, than accuracy, content, or supporting any of his fundie bloviation here. You folks choose, but I'm probably done feeding the troll. LOL

You fine folks emjoy what's left of your day!

Level 5

Location hidden

#103432 Oct 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Te video was still mostly a waste of time. It did have some interesting video on how the Moon may have formed. What led up to that was pretty much old had as was what followed.
I asked you a simple question after watching your video, can you answer it?
Ah that you can dig up for me.
Saw a cool documentary on the BBC from the lady that came up with the theory and refined it.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#103433 Oct 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What was wrong with that study?
I am trying to be polite to you but this sort of stupidity is inexcusable. In the very early days of Wikipedia there were some serious flaws in it. They corrected most of those. Why do you think that a site cannot improve? If you want to claim that the burden of proof is upon you. You have not supplied anything that supports your ignorant stance on Wikipedia.
There's nothing wrong with that study. It shows that the encyclopedia brittanica is more reliable than wiki.

Anyways, you said there are multiple independent studies, then you posted a blog to prove it.

Kinda odd....

Level 5

Location hidden

#103434 Oct 26, 2013
Just to be complete (and the amalgam of different vigorating laws in the new contract law of at least 26 'testaments'.)and sourced.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Slavery a.o.t.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 9 min Doug77 30,030
7 Teens Come Home Pregnant From School Trip 13 min Spotted Girl 54
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 26 min Jennifer Renee 7,730
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 31 min _hellbilly_ 152,695
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 31 min Sublime1 25,825
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 34 min _hellbilly_ 418
Merry Troopers Eschew Tickets, Hand Out $100 Bills 43 min Ur Just Mad 3
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 hr toad4754 2,985
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 4 hr Denny CranesPlace 24,167
More from around the web