Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201776 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103300 Oct 25, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
Man I hate to hear about somebody posting something completely stupid on here and getting caught.
Well, I will be checking in on threads some people never go to.
Hardee Hardee Har.!
That is one thing about my military training I love. They teach us how to get into some one’s head so bad that they think about us all the time. They think about what we have said. They talk about us even when we are not around. They talk about us when we are not around. They talk about us to others still wondering what the hell. They think about us when the littlest thing reminds them of us (this forum for example). They constantly try to make us look bad to satisfy their own mind of why we live in their mind. They think about us so much that they even try to converse with us looking for closure and when we ignore them they think about us even more. That is you and me DipShytDan. Keep on proving me wrong with your rants. It is here for all to see. LMFAO

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#103301 Oct 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ugaritic mother-goddess, consort of El is Hebrew?
tahee-hee-hee
You really don't seem to be able to research very well...do you??

"The asherim were also cult objects related to the worship of the fertility goddess Asherah, the consort of either Ba'al or, as inscriptions from Kuntillet ‘Ajrud and Khirbet el-Qom attest, Yahweh,[3] and thus objects of contention among competing cults.

Though there was certainly a movement against goddess-worship at the Jerusalem Temple in the time of king Josiah, it did not long survive his reign, as the following four kings "did what was evil in the eyes of Yahweh" (2 Kings 23:32, 37; 24:9, 19). Further exhortations came from Jeremiah. The traditional interpretation of the Biblical text is that the Israelites imported pagan elements such as the Asherah poles from the surrounding Canaanites; the modern scholarly interpretations suggests instead that the Israelite folk religion was always polytheistic, and it was the prophets and priests who denounced the Asherah poles who were the innovators.

For example, King Manasseh placed an Asherah pole in the Holy Temple (2 Kings 21:7). King Josiah'sreforms in the late 7th century BC included the destruction of many Asherah poles (2 Kings 23).

Exodus 34:13 states: "Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asherah_pole

- Amulets, figurines, inscriptions and ancient texts, including the Bible, reveal Asherah's once prominent standing.

God had a wife, Asherah, whom the Book of Kings suggests was worshiped alongside Yahweh in his temple in Israel, according to an Oxford scholar.

In 1967, Raphael Patai was the first historian to mention that the ancient Israelites worshiped both Yahweh and Asherah. The theory has gained new prominence due to the research of Francesca Stavrakopoulou, who began her work at Oxford and is now a senior lecturer in the department of Theology and Religion at the University of Exeter.
http://news.discovery.com/history/religion/go...

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103302 Oct 25, 2013
In reference to my post above DipShytDan. Everyone here can see that but they are too chicken to speak up for they would lose an ally in there evolution fight. Which I think is sad for that shows they want idiots on their side. LMMFAO

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#103303 Oct 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I must live in your head and haunt your dreams. You can't go a day without talking about me. You even speak of me on threads I don't go to. It must suck that I have so much control over you mentally. LMFAO
Man it is weird to have someone so obsessed with you that they follow you from forum to forum and even read your stuff on threads they don't even go to.

Hilarious. I like how you are about to piss yourself trying to transfer your obsession onto me.

Hilarioius. Freakin' hilarious.

You screw the pooch and keep right on hammering away at it.

So, how do you know what I post on threads you never go to? Hardee Hardee Har!
There is no god

Kirksville, MO

#103304 Oct 25, 2013
It's unbelievable that this thread was even created. Evolution was proven before anyone alive today was born. Creationism isn't science and no child anywhere on earth should be brainwashed to believe such bullshit. If you've been indoctrinated into an evolution denying religious cult then then seek help.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#103305 Oct 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
In reference to my post above DipShytDan. Everyone here can see that but they are too chicken to speak up for they would lose an ally in there evolution fight. Which I think is sad for that shows they want idiots on their side. LMMFAO
They can. Oh my. What ever will I do.

Yes, these people that speak their own mind clearly are intimidated by you just like I am. They are clearly worried that you are reading their posts on threads you never go to or maybe worried that you will start following them around like a puppy.

Dance puppet-boy, dance.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#103306 Oct 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't seem to be able to research very well...do you??
"The asherim were also cult objects related to the worship of the fertility goddess Asherah, the consort of either Ba'al or, as inscriptions from Kuntillet ‘Ajrud and Khirbet el-Qom attest, Yahweh,[3] and thus objects of contention among competing cults.
Though there was certainly a movement against goddess-worship at the Jerusalem Temple in the time of king Josiah, it did not long survive his reign, as the following four kings "did what was evil in the eyes of Yahweh" (2 Kings 23:32, 37; 24:9, 19). Further exhortations came from Jeremiah. The traditional interpretation of the Biblical text is that the Israelites imported pagan elements such as the Asherah poles from the surrounding Canaanites; the modern scholarly interpretations suggests instead that the Israelite folk religion was always polytheistic, and it was the prophets and priests who denounced the Asherah poles who were the innovators.
For example, King Manasseh placed an Asherah pole in the Holy Temple (2 Kings 21:7). King Josiah'sreforms in the late 7th century BC included the destruction of many Asherah poles (2 Kings 23).
Exodus 34:13 states: "Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asherah_pole
- Amulets, figurines, inscriptions and ancient texts, including the Bible, reveal Asherah's once prominent standing.
God had a wife, Asherah, whom the Book of Kings suggests was worshiped alongside Yahweh in his temple in Israel, according to an Oxford scholar.
In 1967, Raphael Patai was the first historian to mention that the ancient Israelites worshiped both Yahweh and Asherah. The theory has gained new prominence due to the research of Francesca Stavrakopoulou, who began her work at Oxford and is now a senior lecturer in the department of Theology and Religion at the University of Exeter.
http://news.discovery.com/history/religion/go...
Uh-huh....

Well. There it is. Wiki and discovery news says so.

It MUST be true!

O__O

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#103308 Oct 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh....
It MUST be true!
O__O
Just a small part of thousands.

No hope for you my friend....sorry to bother you.

“Wrath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#103309 Oct 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
A belief in many gods seemed to be the order of the day back then.
In the earlier days of the Hebrews they believed that god had a wife named Asherah. Later when things were rewritten they got rid of her and made god a bachelor. Look up Asherah poles and figures.
Gods were invented to explain the inexplicable.
Some men still need one to explain something, some men don't.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103310 Oct 25, 2013
Here is what I believe to be a miracle. You can call it lucky or say it just happens but odds were strongly against him not being hurt or even living. Car hit on one side by 18 wheeler then hit on the other side by ???. Car is not even half it's normal size and guy walks away.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103311 Oct 25, 2013
Very cool video and awesome music. Love me some good old Clint Eastwood western music.

Big Bang & Birth of the Earth

For real this is a cool video of the BBT.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103312 Oct 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh....
It MUST be true!
O__O
Wiki is actually a very reliable source. Independent tests have shown it to be as accurate as the Encyclopedia Britannica. Also, if you actually read the articles you will always find references that you can check for yourself to see if the article is correct or not.

Unlike the sources that you list. At best they only refer to other creatard sources and never to any peer reviewed science.

Peer review is the Gold Standard for science. And I am talking real peer review, not the fake "peer review" that certain creatard sites are trying to claim. It is an open process where new ideas are checked out by experts in the field. If they find an error they not only point out the error, but also why it is an error. If this was a biased process it would be very easy to show. But no creation "scientists" have been able to demonstrate any bias in peer review, even though they cannot get an article published to save their life.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103313 Oct 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiki is actually a very reliable source. Independent tests have shown it to be as accurate as the Encyclopedia Britannica. Also, if you actually read the articles you will always find references that you can check for yourself to see if the article is correct or not.
Unlike the sources that you list. At best they only refer to other creatard sources and never to any peer reviewed science.
Peer review is the Gold Standard for science. And I am talking real peer review, not the fake "peer review" that certain creatard sites are trying to claim. It is an open process where new ideas are checked out by experts in the field. If they find an error they not only point out the error, but also why it is an error. If this was a biased process it would be very easy to show. But no creation "scientists" have been able to demonstrate any bias in peer review, even though they cannot get an article published to save their life.
Hey Sub check out the vid in my last post. I think you will like it. And the music is good as well. A remake of a a tune from The god, The bad and The ugly, Clint Eastwood.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103316 Oct 25, 2013
"the good, the bad and the ugly" even

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#103317 Oct 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I have made a difference. Not with everyone that I debate with. If someone is stuck on stupid, or worse has decided to be a complete a-hole I will not be able to help them.
And who knows, after many years of thought idiots like bohart may eventually find the truth, but I doubt it. In the meantime it is enjoyable to point out their idiocy to them.
It seems that quite a few Christian creatards are masochists by nature.
Oh Lord! I thought the Sucking bone was simply stricken with a condescending attitude borne in the bile of stupidity. No. This homicidally stupid idiot thinks he has the knowledge to improve the lives of those he converses with, Oh! he can help them!... debate is no where near the descriptive term, he hasn't the where with all to actually debate.

Sucking bone!
Possessor of the key of life! he alone holds the evidence of how life first formed , and grants it only to those who acknowledge his divinity and apologize for their doubts and blasphemy of the bone!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103318 Oct 25, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Lord! I thought the Sucking bone was simply stricken with a condescending attitude borne in the bile of stupidity. No. This homicidally stupid idiot thinks he has the knowledge to improve the lives of those he converses with, Oh! he can help them!... debate is no where near the descriptive term, he hasn't the where with all to actually debate.
Sucking bone!
Possessor of the key of life! he alone holds the evidence of how life first formed , and grants it only to those who acknowledge his divinity and apologize for their doubts and blasphemy of the bone!
Yes blowfart, even an idiot as big as you can learn the truth if you only open your eyes.

Now idiot, did I ever claim to have the key of life? I don't think so.

Of course your reading comprehension is exceedingly poor. That is probably only one of the reasons that you are one of the biggest idiots here.

Do you want to learn or do you simply want to try to insult me? You know that we all laugh at you. Your idiocy is monumental. Truly. You cannot understand the simplest of facts about the theory of evolution. No wonder that you always fail when you try to debunk it.

Did you know that if you actually learned what the theory of evolution says that you might be able to argue against it? So far all you have posted is obvious idiocy.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103319 Oct 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
"the good, the bad and the ugly" even
Sorry, though I am a fan of the fine movies by Bob Robertson and the music that goes with them I am not a fan of overly artistic representations of the past to the present.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103320 Oct 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, though I am a fan of the fine movies by Bob Robertson and the music that goes with them I am not a fan of overly artistic representations of the past to the present.
Sub watch it. If you don't like the representation of the BBT and the music then tell me to fck off. Don't n=knock it until you view it. Hellll even I view/read you links.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103321 Oct 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets try that mix up again;

Sub watch it. If you don't like the representation of the BBT and the music then tell me to fck off. Don't knock it until you view it. Hellll even I view/read you links.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103322 Oct 26, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets try that mix up again;
Sub watch it. If you don't like the representation of the BBT and the music then tell me to fck off. Don't knock it until you view it. Hellll even I view/read you links.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Tz8ithgTBj4XX
Okay I watched it and I changed my mind a bit. I particularly liked the part of the video that had the Earth/Moon collision.

Okay, your turn now. I made a comment that you seemed to miss.

Who is Bob Robertson?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min Deer Whisperer 58,225
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 12 min Dont_You_Dare 18,528
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 15 min Princess Hey 4,772
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min Sharlene45 194,811
Post any FOUR words 20 min Go Blue Forever 1,047
Play "end of the word" (Nov '08) 27 min Dont_You_Dare 25,461
Word Association. (Nov '10) 28 min Dont_You_Dare 19,336
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 39 min Lucy the First 7,901
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 2 hr Northbound 8,540
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 7 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 32,701
More from around the web