Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 172013 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I can never convince the ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

stupid that they are stupid.

#103118 Oct 24, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot speak for the others here, but my 'reasons' consist of the following:
I honor my parents,(both 87 years old, married 61+ years) who ARE practicing Christians. It is also the reason wear a suit and tie, and attend my parent's church on those holidays.
They probably suspect my thoughts and feelings on "Church", but respect me back enough not to submit me to the Inquisition.
These holidays are ingrained in our culture, especially Christmas. I also get annoyed at the over-commercialization of that time of the year. Begin TV commercials for Christmas around Halloween? REALLY?
One need not be particularly religious to get caught up in the warm-fuzzy feelings that the season (Christmas) inspires.
Sounds like you can look forward to a long life with those genes.

I am not a big fan of the commercialization and craziness of the holiday season. But I agree with you about the season drawing all manner of folks in.

Level 9

#103119 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, rubbing someone's face in the fact that they are being an a-hole is not an example of a-holeness.
I have never known him not to be an a-hole all the way to the very first time I encountered him. It was pretty funny, he made this nasty attack and no one paid any attention to him. He had to keep barking until he finally got some attention.

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#103120 Oct 24, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I have never known him not to be an a-hole all the way to the very first time I encountered him. It was pretty funny, he made this nasty attack and no one paid any attention to him. He had to keep barking until he finally got some attention.
I must live in your head and haunt your dreams. You can't go a day without talking about me. You even speak of me on threads I don't go to. It must suck that I have so much control over you mentally. LMFAO

Level 9

#103121 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I must live in your head and haunt your dreams. You can't go a day without talking about me. You even speak of me on threads I don't go to. It must suck that I have so much control over you mentally. LMFAO
If you don't go to these threads, then how do you know I am talking about you.

No, you are an a-hole. I have no problem calling it like it is. It just pisses you off that you can't sell your bullshit with me around. Still waiting for the evidence to support your past claims. We both know it doesn't exist and will never be forthcoming, but hey I'm rooting for ya.

ROFLMMFAO!!!

Level 9

#103122 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, I am still laughing at the sheer stupidity of your post. You have mined comedy gold my friend.

Level 9

#103123 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
STOP! I can't breath. This is so dang funny.

Level 9

#103124 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha...what else do I post on those threads you don't visit? I can't remember. Maybe I'm around, but never found.

Level 5

#103125 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, rubbing someone's face in the fact that they are being an a-hole is not an example of a-holeness.
Tomorrow try to make something you've never made before.....a difference.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103126 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomorrow try to make something you've never made before.....a difference.
I have made a difference. Not with everyone that I debate with. If someone is stuck on stupid, or worse has decided to be a complete a-hole I will not be able to help them.

And who knows, after many years of thought idiots like bohart may eventually find the truth, but I doubt it. In the meantime it is enjoyable to point out their idiocy to them.

It seems that quite a few Christian creatards are masochists by nature.

Level 5

#103127 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I have made a difference. Not with everyone that I debate with. If someone is stuck on stupid, or worse has decided to be a complete a-hole I will not be able to help them.
And who knows, after many years of thought idiots like bohart may eventually find the truth, but I doubt it. In the meantime it is enjoyable to point out their idiocy to them.
It seems that quite a few Christian creatards are masochists by nature.
You keep telling yourself that and one day it may happen. Then again shyt is fertilizer.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#103128 Oct 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So they think Birthdays are for giving gifts and not getting gifts. After all why would Santa give gifts if it was his birthday? They must get real confused on their birthday.
Why?

Do you not consider you birthday a day for giving and receiving?

Hell it’s not even originally a christian festival. Christianity hijacked it from existing winter festivals including Yule in northern Europe and Saturnalia in southern Europe using the excuse, join our club and you don’t need to give up you winter bash.

Same goes for Eostre oops easter.

Level 6

#103129 Oct 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep telling yourself that and one day it may happen. Then again shyt is fertilizer.
So is sodium nitrate and that goes bang

Level 5

#103130 Oct 25, 2013
The bible tells of how man was made from dirt. Dirt=the elements of our universe.
Science has a similar theory called abiogenesis. The muddy soup of elements.
It is agreed that all life is based on elements found in our universe.

The bible tells how the sun, earth and moon were all created around the same time.
Science has a similar theory called the BBT.
It is agreed that they were formed around the same time

The bible says we all descend from the same person/people.
Science says we all come from from the same organism/organisms.
It is agreed that we all decend from few things from the start.

The three statements above are very similar. The biggest difference is that they bible said those things 4-6 thousand years ago. Science has just been saying those for the past couple hundred years.

Those of us who believe in God know that God initiated the process. Those that don't believe in God, think it all just started randomly, by itself. So what? Their lack of faith in God doesn't change the facts of the matter. You can't argue with Organic Chemistry. It is what it is.

Once God created life, God also gave the ability to adapt to changing environments. Why wouldn't our wise Creator NOT give life the ability to adapt? Without adaption life would not be able to go on. Science calls that evolution. And for those who have been misled to believe that adaptation is somehow separate from evolution,,, that is a lie! Adaptation is PART of the process of evolution.

Level 5

#103131 Oct 25, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So is sodium nitrate and that goes bang
Fertilizer goes bang too. And it is made again from shyt.

Level 6

#103132 Oct 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Fertilizer goes bang too. And it is made again from shyt.
Sodium nitrate is not shyt

Shyt does not go bang unless powered by something explosive – like sodium nitrate (or a good curry)

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#103133 Oct 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I can respect that. That it great about your parents. 61 years that is amazing. May they have many more anniversaries to celebrate. I agree with the advertising. But everyone tries to make money off the holidays, any holiday.
So when your parents are gone, which lets hope that is not for quite sometime, you will stop celebrating Christmas?
Never say never, but I will likely not attend church after they're gone.

But my point is that Christmas is not "owned" by Christians any more. It's part of the overall culture. It is no longer just about Baby Jesus, Bethlehem, the Three Wise Men, etc. Much to the annoyance of Fundamentalists, Christmas is also strongly secular these days.

I'm sure you could find persons of every faith besides just Christians observing Christmas to some degree and in some fashion.

Level 6

#103134 Oct 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
The bible tells of how man was made from dirt. Dirt=the elements of our universe.
Science has a similar theory called abiogenesis. The muddy soup of elements.
It is agreed that all life is based on elements found in our universe.
The bible tells how the sun, earth and moon were all created around the same time.
Science has a similar theory called the BBT.
It is agreed that they were formed around the same time
The bible says we all descend from the same person/people.
Science says we all come from from the same organism/organisms.
It is agreed that we all decend from few things from the start.
The three statements above are very similar. The biggest difference is that they bible said those things 4-6 thousand years ago. Science has just been saying those for the past couple hundred years.
Those of us who believe in God know that God initiated the process. Those that don't believe in God, think it all just started randomly, by itself. So what? Their lack of faith in God doesn't change the facts of the matter. You can't argue with Organic Chemistry. It is what it is.
Once God created life, God also gave the ability to adapt to changing environments. Why wouldn't our wise Creator NOT give life the ability to adapt? Without adaption life would not be able to go on. Science calls that evolution. And for those who have been misled to believe that adaptation is somehow separate from evolution,,, that is a lie! Adaptation is PART of the process of evolution.
The babble tells us a lot of things that can safely be ignored.

No dirt involved but chemical formulations and environmental conditions along with a considerable amount of luck in the makeup of our solar system, the positioning of earth and the gas giants. Muddy soup is the fundy way of looking at what they cannot hope to understand, I thought you past such ignorant statements. What would you expect all life in this universe to be formed from, elements not found in this universe? Doh…

The sun the moon and the earth were not created at the same time and most certainly not at the time of the big bang event.
BB about 13.7 billion years ago
Sun about 4.6 billion years ago
Earth a short time (in stellar terms) later but measured in millions of years
Moon, sometime after between 4.5 and 4.4 billion years ago,
Now a good babble scholar and apologist looking for loopholes would consider that to be around the same time. A scientist would consider it to be 2 x 10^8 years

The problem here is that the babble account and science do not agree when those biblical persons lived. The babble says together, science says several thousand years apart. So if the babble stores were true then can only assume that Eve was into some serious necrophilia and miracles can happen.

The statements are similar only if you are unwilling to see the glaring facts. The biblical accounts were written 4000+ years ago by escaped slaves and goat herders who had no hope of understanding the scientific, cosmological, astronomical, geological and biological processes involved and so made a best guess based on bronze age guesswork and you are following in their footsteps. Whereas the means to verify scientific accounts have only been around a couple of hundred years, however at least some have been known about since ancient Greek even Babylonian and Egyptian times.

And this is where it all falls over, you say “know”, you claim “truth” whereas what you really mean is you “hope” and you “believe” but you chose to hijack positive and for your purposes inaccurate terms and bastardise them to give more credibility to your faith. This is where I see the biggest lies of the religious.

Yes organic chemistry is organic chemistry, it is not goddidit by magic.

Adaptation to the environment is a huge factor to evolution. No god involved but you can of course adapt that scientific finding to you religion if it suites you.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#103135 Oct 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so many errors, where to start, where to start.
First off, what is wrong with you? Do you believe in Santa Claus? The Easter Bunny? If not then why do you believe the Ark myth?
I believe what the Bible teaches, as a Christian my ultimate source of truth about history and reality comes from there. I see a perfect fit now and more comes along every day. Understand it all? no. Take what Jesus says seriously,(like Noah or Jonah) absolutely. He said "not one stone will be left upon another, they will all be thrown down" and I go to Jerusalem and there off the corner of the Wailing Wall are temple blocks thrown off the mound. Not a Christian guide tells me this either. They mocked Him about that statement too, right? I was as big a evo believer as they come, when I accepted Christ in the back of that Twin Otter going home from a crash I gave it all up and boy did I get set straight, best decision I ever made. Respect Judaism, 1000%, they gave us the the Word of God and are specially protected and loved, God says so. I am nothing but an unworthy grafted weed. Was disgusted when Santa went away but still sleep with my fluffy Easter Bunny, you got me on that one.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103136 Oct 25, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe
We don't care.(shrug)

Your beliefs are irrelvant. Your baseless religious opinions do not dictate reality. The do not matter. At all. Not one bit. Never have. You are quite simply NOT that important.

But thanks for admitting that you were lying about science again. You fundies can't help but shoot yourselves in the foot.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103137 Oct 25, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
The opposite of Dude sure is! Whoa! ha,ha,ha.
Oh hi Bo. I see you still avoid the argument in favour of slashing me with another witty insult. Perhaps if I am as unintelligent as you claim you could actually address the argument?

No? Thought not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Runaway rail car kicked loose by teen hits New ... 2 min Mitts Gold Plated... 17
News Philadelphia Vandals Destroy Hitchhiking Robot 5 min Go Blue Forever 4
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 7 min Alain Vain 14,609
Word goes to the Movies (Nov '08) 8 min Go Blue Forever 14,447
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 9 min Doug77 6,133
Word Association (Jun '10) 12 min Alain Vain 28,493
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min Wolftracks 167,371
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 33 min Alain Vain 12,782
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 58 min andet1987 222
Answer a question with a question 59 min DILF 496
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 6,119
More from around the web