Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103090 Oct 24, 2013
SBT wrote:
So his analogy is the eye evolved so a proton powered, reversible, hybrid AC/DC (rotor/Stator) brushless motor self-made. And not only a motor but a micro PLC to control it. The motor needs a controller SZ. Those micro stators that are positioned in perfect pole locations around the rotor need to be energized with hydrogen ions (protons) at just the correct sequence or no worky. The PLC has start/stop/speed control and reverse, like your battery powered Volt or Spark, go for a test drive and while you are there explain your logic to the sale's guy, I'm sure he will agree to make the sale. Then go to RS and get yourself a motor kit.
And if evolution claimed the same function must remain despite constant changes then we'd have a problem. But as it is you're only arguing against a straw-man instead of the actual thing as usual.
SBT wrote:
God gave us life, It says in Act 3:15 that when they killed Jesus they killed the Author of Life so God raised Him from the dead to prove His power and show us our foolish unbelief. He is Creator, even Pilate knew better.. They killed the Creator and now we mock that too!!
Ah more preaching. Good stuff. Thanks again for openly admitting you never had a scientific argument.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103091 Oct 24, 2013
SBT wrote:
Except Pilate found nothing wrong with Jesus and and wanted to let him off, right? The establishment religion couldn't handle that! They didn't like getting schooled with Christ's words or deeds and liked less having him doing terrible things like healing people which they had no power to do, or giving folks hope in a broken down and monopolized religious system run mostly by hypocrites. It says "after he did these things they plotted to kill him" Nice guys, made Pilate look pretty sharp.
Sure glad I found Christ as a Gentile, those boys of yours just wouldn't do for me as Gods representative of love and goodness.
You mean that guy who wiped out the whole world? And will do so again and send all the non-believers to hell all because he was dumb enough to hire people like you as his messengers?
SBT wrote:
The reality is He could have wiped them out with a thought and taken over by force, but didn't because he is not human, his ways are higher than ours - good thing.
Yeah, he could have done that instead of the Flood too, but instead he consigned them all to horrible deaths, flagrantly violating physics in the process. Which of course is easily within his power, but obviously he didn't care about the fact that a few millenia later you were gonna try and pretend the flood was scientific and just end up looking monumentally stupid.(shrug}
SBT wrote:
He showed His motives by paying the ultimate price by choice, all the Jews could do was mock it. Wow.
"Ultimate price"? God was unharmed. There was no sacrifice. It was all a sham. Death means nothing to an immortal God that can't be killed. He just loves a bloody show and f cking with your heads.

“It Is What It Is”

Level 2

Since: Jul 13

Alberta, Canada

#103092 Oct 24, 2013
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103093 Oct 24, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
Evolution <> Science
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Ohvh47vTp34XX
Evolution<>The process
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
And the real comedy is that only 50% of your links supported you.

I mean, whose side are you on?

:-/

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#103094 Oct 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're still arguing against a caricature while avoiding those points I made the other day. Remember, natural selection is not random. And the opposite of random is not "intelligence".
The opposite of Dude sure is! Whoa! ha,ha,ha.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#103095 Oct 24, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
The opposite of Dude sure is! Whoa! ha,ha,ha.
don't give up your day job...

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#103096 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you have gone past being stupid to being a moron and a liar.
You were the one who wanted an answer to a question. You had to earn that answer, I explained very clearly why you had to do that, I will do so again. When someone is a complete a-hole there is no point in answering that idiot freely, they have to earn their answer. Like bohart you were being a complete a-hole. I even pointed out to you that you were being so politely. Now you lie and try to insult me.
Hopefully you will be out of "stupid" in the morning. We know in reality unlike bohart, Urb, and some of the other creatards you are not that big of an idiot. It is a game you play to protect yourself from the fact that you know you are wrong. It won't fly with me.
I agree, You are a complete a-hole which is why you never answer questions or get answers to questions.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#103097 Oct 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And the real comedy is that only 50% of your links supported you.
I mean, whose side are you on?
:-/
I bet I know.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103098 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, You are a complete a-hole which is why you never answer questions or get answers to questions.
You are still being stupid today. You know, I know, everybody including your worst "enemy" Dan knows that it was you who was acting like a complete a-hole.

What the hell is wrong with you? What sort of mental disease do you suffer from?

We know you have some remaining idiocy about evolution since you think magic had to occur at least somewhere during it.

I am getting very tired of dishonest people.

Why are so many Christians dishonest?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#103099 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still being stupid today. You know, I know, everybody including your worst "enemy" Dan knows that it was you who was acting like a complete a-hole.
What the hell is wrong with you? What sort of mental disease do you suffer from?
We know you have some remaining idiocy about evolution since you think magic had to occur at least somewhere during it.
basing your world view on a proven lie is not a very honest foundation to a life or personality....

Level 5

#103100 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you to answer a question.
You say "I asked you one a around month ago I don't think you answered. Answer that and I will answer yours"

It is the same game you play all the time. I have seen you do it many times and when someone does answer your question and tell you your turn you say, "nope not good enough. Now you have to earn the answer."

It is a childish stupid game you play because you are a idiot.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#103101 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to think of him as my whacky sidekick and comic relief. Maybe my evil nemesis perhaps.

Level 5

#103102 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets talk about dishonest people. Christmas and Easter are celebrations for Jesus. Do you/have you ever celebrated them with your kids, your grandkids?

If any if you that say God/Jesus/Bible are fake/BS/myths you are a big hypocrite that lies to your kids. According to what you believe you are celebrating something that should not exist. You teach your kids to be hypocrites and liars and they do the same when they grow up.

You can say that you are not celebrating the days for Jesus but that would be like saying you are not celebrating America's Independence with beer, bbq and fire works on the 4th of July.

So why do you all/most of you partake in Easter and Christmas?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103103 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you to answer a question.
You say "I asked you one a around month ago I don't think you answered. Answer that and I will answer yours"
It is the same game you play all the time. I have seen you do it many times and when someone does answer your question and tell you your turn you say, "nope not good enough. Now you have to earn the answer."
It is a childish stupid game you play because you are a idiot.
Nope, you forgot the part where you were an a-hole.

Isn't that convenient.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#103104 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you forgot the part where you were an a-hole.
Isn't that convenient.
That is Major A-Hole, the Brown Avenger. With his mighty Turdmobile, he leaves skidmarks on evil doers.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#103105 Oct 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, that is just the way the spin doctors of your cult spun it to you...
a realistic look at the events of that time would be that pilate did his job as he always did previously. he hung that rabble-rouser from a cross just like every other criminal he dealt with...
And in his exile they say he washed his hands a thousand times a day.

You should try a copy of "The Evidence demands a Verdict" by Josh McDowell. He set out on a project to prove the New Testament in error, kindda went wrong - Josh has spoken to more youth than any other minister on the planet - about the proofs of Christ. But the rabble-rouser rose, and all 11 disciples gave their lives telling the world about Him. That's no cult lie.
Priest

Tulsa, OK

#103106 Oct 24, 2013
I don't celebrate Christmas. I buy presents for my grandkids that still believe in Santa Claus so they won't be left out when the kids go back to school and compare presents. As far as the very young are concerned it doesn't make a difference what the day is all about as long as they can rip some brightly colored wrapping paper. Jesus is never mentioned on Christmas day.

When they are old enough to comprehend, I will explain to them that I don't believe in god, jesus, or the devil and they should make up their own minds whether to believe or not. Just as I did with my own kids. Having dinner and unwrapping gifts is not a celebration. I don't even say grace, much less celebrate.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#103108 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets talk about dishonest people. Christmas and Easter are celebrations for Jesus.

<snipped>
why do you all/most of you partake in Easter and Christmas?
I cannot speak for the others here, but my 'reasons' consist of the following:

I honor my parents,(both 87 years old, married 61+ years) who ARE practicing Christians. It is also the reason wear a suit and tie, and attend my parent's church on those holidays.

They probably suspect my thoughts and feelings on "Church", but respect me back enough not to submit me to the Inquisition.

These holidays are ingrained in our culture, especially Christmas. I also get annoyed at the over-commercialization of that time of the year. Begin TV commercials for Christmas around Halloween? REALLY?

One need not be particularly religious to get caught up in the warm-fuzzy feelings that the season (Christmas) inspires.
HHH

Anonymous Proxy

#103109 Oct 24, 2013
My kids thinks it's Santa Claus' birthday. I never correct them.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#103110 Oct 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean that guy who wiped out the whole world? And will do so again and send all the non-believers to hell all because he was dumb enough to hire people like you as his messengers?
<quoted text>
Yeah, he could have done that instead of the Flood too, but instead he consigned them all to horrible deaths, flagrantly violating physics in the process. Which of course is easily within his power, but obviously he didn't care about the fact that a few millenia later you were gonna try and pretend the flood was scientific and just end up looking monumentally stupid.(shrug}
<quoted text>
"Ultimate price"? God was unharmed. There was no sacrifice. It was all a sham. Death means nothing to an immortal God that can't be killed. He just loves a bloody show and f cking with your heads.
God was harmed, he watched His only human Son die a horrible death on that cross and held back his wrath to prove a point - that God is love. As far as the Flood, the bible teaches that Christ gave them all another chance, visited them in the holding place in the 3 day wait time. Jesus said "Just as in the days of Noah, so shall the coming of the Son of Man be." Something bad happened to push a seafloor to 29,000ft and bury trillions of live animals. God doesn't need to explain everything He does. Man has alot of freedom to harm for sure here and we don't understand it all. Fact is, a plan has been established and made clear for what He does want us to know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 9 min Word by Word 24,114
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Commander Bunny 152,525
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 13 min 75 Scorpio 2,957
Old TV shows what's your favorite? 15 min Listen and Speak 3
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 28 min ShadyBits 1,762
What do you do IF................? 28 min Care Bear 0
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 32 min Mega Monster 7,594
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Mega Monster 25,734
Is it possible to....... 3 hr toad4754 579
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 7 hr Princess Hey 334
More from around the web