Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#103105 Oct 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, that is just the way the spin doctors of your cult spun it to you...
a realistic look at the events of that time would be that pilate did his job as he always did previously. he hung that rabble-rouser from a cross just like every other criminal he dealt with...
And in his exile they say he washed his hands a thousand times a day.

You should try a copy of "The Evidence demands a Verdict" by Josh McDowell. He set out on a project to prove the New Testament in error, kindda went wrong - Josh has spoken to more youth than any other minister on the planet - about the proofs of Christ. But the rabble-rouser rose, and all 11 disciples gave their lives telling the world about Him. That's no cult lie.
Priest

Tulsa, OK

#103106 Oct 24, 2013
I don't celebrate Christmas. I buy presents for my grandkids that still believe in Santa Claus so they won't be left out when the kids go back to school and compare presents. As far as the very young are concerned it doesn't make a difference what the day is all about as long as they can rip some brightly colored wrapping paper. Jesus is never mentioned on Christmas day.

When they are old enough to comprehend, I will explain to them that I don't believe in god, jesus, or the devil and they should make up their own minds whether to believe or not. Just as I did with my own kids. Having dinner and unwrapping gifts is not a celebration. I don't even say grace, much less celebrate.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#103108 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets talk about dishonest people. Christmas and Easter are celebrations for Jesus.

<snipped>
why do you all/most of you partake in Easter and Christmas?
I cannot speak for the others here, but my 'reasons' consist of the following:

I honor my parents,(both 87 years old, married 61+ years) who ARE practicing Christians. It is also the reason wear a suit and tie, and attend my parent's church on those holidays.

They probably suspect my thoughts and feelings on "Church", but respect me back enough not to submit me to the Inquisition.

These holidays are ingrained in our culture, especially Christmas. I also get annoyed at the over-commercialization of that time of the year. Begin TV commercials for Christmas around Halloween? REALLY?

One need not be particularly religious to get caught up in the warm-fuzzy feelings that the season (Christmas) inspires.
HHH

Anonymous Proxy

#103109 Oct 24, 2013
My kids thinks it's Santa Claus' birthday. I never correct them.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#103110 Oct 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean that guy who wiped out the whole world? And will do so again and send all the non-believers to hell all because he was dumb enough to hire people like you as his messengers?
<quoted text>
Yeah, he could have done that instead of the Flood too, but instead he consigned them all to horrible deaths, flagrantly violating physics in the process. Which of course is easily within his power, but obviously he didn't care about the fact that a few millenia later you were gonna try and pretend the flood was scientific and just end up looking monumentally stupid.(shrug}
<quoted text>
"Ultimate price"? God was unharmed. There was no sacrifice. It was all a sham. Death means nothing to an immortal God that can't be killed. He just loves a bloody show and f cking with your heads.
God was harmed, he watched His only human Son die a horrible death on that cross and held back his wrath to prove a point - that God is love. As far as the Flood, the bible teaches that Christ gave them all another chance, visited them in the holding place in the 3 day wait time. Jesus said "Just as in the days of Noah, so shall the coming of the Son of Man be." Something bad happened to push a seafloor to 29,000ft and bury trillions of live animals. God doesn't need to explain everything He does. Man has alot of freedom to harm for sure here and we don't understand it all. Fact is, a plan has been established and made clear for what He does want us to know.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103111 Oct 24, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
And in his exile they say he washed his hands a thousand times a day.
You should try a copy of "The Evidence demands a Verdict" by Josh McDowell. He set out on a project to prove the New Testament in error, kindda went wrong - Josh has spoken to more youth than any other minister on the planet - about the proofs of Christ. But the rabble-rouser rose, and all 11 disciples gave their lives telling the world about Him. That's no cult lie.
If Josh McDowell was not lying about his quest he based it upon a major idiocy. He tried to "prove" that Jesus did not exist. To prove that someone did not exist back then was a ridiculous task. You can't prove that anyone did not exist 2,000 years ago. If he was honest he would have looked for proof that Jesus existed. So you have a dilemma either Josh was an idiot or he was dishonest.

Amazing how many Christians come from that mold.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#103112 Oct 24, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I honor my parents,(both 87 years old, married 61+ years) who ARE practicing Christians. It is also the reason wear a suit and tie, and attend my parent's church on those holidays.
They probably suspect my thoughts and feelings on "Church", but respect me back enough not to submit me to the Inquisition.
These holidays are ingrained in our culture, especially Christmas. I also get annoyed at the over-commercialization of that time of the year. Begin TV commercials for Christmas around Halloween? REALLY?
One need not be particularly religious to get caught up in the warm-fuzzy feelings that the season (Christmas) inspires.
I can respect that. That it great about your parents. 61 years that is amazing. May they have many more anniversaries to celebrate. I agree with the advertising. But everyone tries to make money off the holidays, any holiday.

So when your parents are gone, which lets hope that is not for quite sometime, you will stop celebrating Christmas?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103113 Oct 24, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
God was harmed, he watched His only human Son die a horrible death on that cross and held back his wrath to prove a point - that God is love. As far as the Flood, the bible teaches that Christ gave them all another chance, visited them in the holding place in the 3 day wait time. Jesus said "Just as in the days of Noah, so shall the coming of the Son of Man be." Something bad happened to push a seafloor to 29,000ft and bury trillions of live animals. God doesn't need to explain everything He does. Man has alot of freedom to harm for sure here and we don't understand it all. Fact is, a plan has been established and made clear for what He does want us to know.
Oh so many errors, where to start, where to start.

First off, what is wrong with you? Do you believe in Santa Claus? The Easter Bunny? If not then why do you believe the Ark myth?

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#103114 Oct 24, 2013
HHH wrote:
My kids thinks it's Santa Claus' birthday. I never correct them.
So they think Birthdays are for giving gifts and not getting gifts. After all why would Santa give gifts if it was his birthday? They must get real confused on their birthday.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#103115 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you forgot the part where you were an a-hole.
Isn't that convenient.
I agree and have admitted I can be an @ hole sometimes. The difference between you and I are that you are one all the time.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103117 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and have admitted I can be an @ hole sometimes. The difference between you and I are that you are one all the time.
Nope, rubbing someone's face in the fact that they are being an a-hole is not an example of a-holeness.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#103118 Oct 24, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you can look forward to a long life with those genes.

I am not a big fan of the commercialization and craziness of the holiday season. But I agree with you about the season drawing all manner of folks in.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#103119 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, rubbing someone's face in the fact that they are being an a-hole is not an example of a-holeness.
I have never known him not to be an a-hole all the way to the very first time I encountered him. It was pretty funny, he made this nasty attack and no one paid any attention to him. He had to keep barking until he finally got some attention.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#103120 Oct 24, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I have never known him not to be an a-hole all the way to the very first time I encountered him. It was pretty funny, he made this nasty attack and no one paid any attention to him. He had to keep barking until he finally got some attention.
I must live in your head and haunt your dreams. You can't go a day without talking about me. You even speak of me on threads I don't go to. It must suck that I have so much control over you mentally. LMFAO

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#103121 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I must live in your head and haunt your dreams. You can't go a day without talking about me. You even speak of me on threads I don't go to. It must suck that I have so much control over you mentally. LMFAO
If you don't go to these threads, then how do you know I am talking about you.

No, you are an a-hole. I have no problem calling it like it is. It just pisses you off that you can't sell your bullshit with me around. Still waiting for the evidence to support your past claims. We both know it doesn't exist and will never be forthcoming, but hey I'm rooting for ya.

ROFLMMFAO!!!

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#103122 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, I am still laughing at the sheer stupidity of your post. You have mined comedy gold my friend.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#103123 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
STOP! I can't breath. This is so dang funny.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#103124 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha...what else do I post on those threads you don't visit? I can't remember. Maybe I'm around, but never found.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#103125 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomorrow try to make something you've never made before.....a difference.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103126 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomorrow try to make something you've never made before.....a difference.
I have made a difference. Not with everyone that I debate with. If someone is stuck on stupid, or worse has decided to be a complete a-hole I will not be able to help them.

And who knows, after many years of thought idiots like bohart may eventually find the truth, but I doubt it. In the meantime it is enjoyable to point out their idiocy to them.

It seems that quite a few Christian creatards are masochists by nature.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min wichita-rick 159,873
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 1 hr Xstain Fatwass Ce... 1,218
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... 1 hr CJ Rocker 605
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 1 hr modhippie1 5,978
Write cities alfabetically (tell the country/st... (Sep '11) 1 hr wichita-rick 2,464
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr Trouser Cough 31,536
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 hr Trouser Cough 41,389
News Oregon farmers agree slugs are a problem _ but ... 3 hr Xstain Fatwass Ce... 29
Word Association (Jun '10) 3 hr say it aint so 26,955
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 4 hr flbadcatowner 171
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr TALLYHO 8541 39,980
More from around the web