Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216925 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103112 Oct 24, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot speak for the others here, but my 'reasons' consist of the following:
I honor my parents,(both 87 years old, married 61+ years) who ARE practicing Christians. It is also the reason wear a suit and tie, and attend my parent's church on those holidays.
They probably suspect my thoughts and feelings on "Church", but respect me back enough not to submit me to the Inquisition.
These holidays are ingrained in our culture, especially Christmas. I also get annoyed at the over-commercialization of that time of the year. Begin TV commercials for Christmas around Halloween? REALLY?
One need not be particularly religious to get caught up in the warm-fuzzy feelings that the season (Christmas) inspires.
I can respect that. That it great about your parents. 61 years that is amazing. May they have many more anniversaries to celebrate. I agree with the advertising. But everyone tries to make money off the holidays, any holiday.

So when your parents are gone, which lets hope that is not for quite sometime, you will stop celebrating Christmas?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103113 Oct 24, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
God was harmed, he watched His only human Son die a horrible death on that cross and held back his wrath to prove a point - that God is love. As far as the Flood, the bible teaches that Christ gave them all another chance, visited them in the holding place in the 3 day wait time. Jesus said "Just as in the days of Noah, so shall the coming of the Son of Man be." Something bad happened to push a seafloor to 29,000ft and bury trillions of live animals. God doesn't need to explain everything He does. Man has alot of freedom to harm for sure here and we don't understand it all. Fact is, a plan has been established and made clear for what He does want us to know.
Oh so many errors, where to start, where to start.

First off, what is wrong with you? Do you believe in Santa Claus? The Easter Bunny? If not then why do you believe the Ark myth?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103114 Oct 24, 2013
HHH wrote:
My kids thinks it's Santa Claus' birthday. I never correct them.
So they think Birthdays are for giving gifts and not getting gifts. After all why would Santa give gifts if it was his birthday? They must get real confused on their birthday.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103115 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you forgot the part where you were an a-hole.
Isn't that convenient.
I agree and have admitted I can be an @ hole sometimes. The difference between you and I are that you are one all the time.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103117 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and have admitted I can be an @ hole sometimes. The difference between you and I are that you are one all the time.
Nope, rubbing someone's face in the fact that they are being an a-hole is not an example of a-holeness.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#103118 Oct 24, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot speak for the others here, but my 'reasons' consist of the following:
I honor my parents,(both 87 years old, married 61+ years) who ARE practicing Christians. It is also the reason wear a suit and tie, and attend my parent's church on those holidays.
They probably suspect my thoughts and feelings on "Church", but respect me back enough not to submit me to the Inquisition.
These holidays are ingrained in our culture, especially Christmas. I also get annoyed at the over-commercialization of that time of the year. Begin TV commercials for Christmas around Halloween? REALLY?
One need not be particularly religious to get caught up in the warm-fuzzy feelings that the season (Christmas) inspires.
Sounds like you can look forward to a long life with those genes.

I am not a big fan of the commercialization and craziness of the holiday season. But I agree with you about the season drawing all manner of folks in.

Level 9

#103119 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, rubbing someone's face in the fact that they are being an a-hole is not an example of a-holeness.
I have never known him not to be an a-hole all the way to the very first time I encountered him. It was pretty funny, he made this nasty attack and no one paid any attention to him. He had to keep barking until he finally got some attention.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103120 Oct 24, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I have never known him not to be an a-hole all the way to the very first time I encountered him. It was pretty funny, he made this nasty attack and no one paid any attention to him. He had to keep barking until he finally got some attention.
I must live in your head and haunt your dreams. You can't go a day without talking about me. You even speak of me on threads I don't go to. It must suck that I have so much control over you mentally. LMFAO

Level 9

#103121 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I must live in your head and haunt your dreams. You can't go a day without talking about me. You even speak of me on threads I don't go to. It must suck that I have so much control over you mentally. LMFAO
If you don't go to these threads, then how do you know I am talking about you.

No, you are an a-hole. I have no problem calling it like it is. It just pisses you off that you can't sell your bullshit with me around. Still waiting for the evidence to support your past claims. We both know it doesn't exist and will never be forthcoming, but hey I'm rooting for ya.

ROFLMMFAO!!!

Level 9

#103122 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, I am still laughing at the sheer stupidity of your post. You have mined comedy gold my friend.

Level 9

#103123 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
STOP! I can't breath. This is so dang funny.

Level 9

#103124 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha...what else do I post on those threads you don't visit? I can't remember. Maybe I'm around, but never found.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103125 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomorrow try to make something you've never made before.....a difference.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103126 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomorrow try to make something you've never made before.....a difference.
I have made a difference. Not with everyone that I debate with. If someone is stuck on stupid, or worse has decided to be a complete a-hole I will not be able to help them.

And who knows, after many years of thought idiots like bohart may eventually find the truth, but I doubt it. In the meantime it is enjoyable to point out their idiocy to them.

It seems that quite a few Christian creatards are masochists by nature.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103127 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I have made a difference. Not with everyone that I debate with. If someone is stuck on stupid, or worse has decided to be a complete a-hole I will not be able to help them.
And who knows, after many years of thought idiots like bohart may eventually find the truth, but I doubt it. In the meantime it is enjoyable to point out their idiocy to them.
It seems that quite a few Christian creatards are masochists by nature.
You keep telling yourself that and one day it may happen. Then again shyt is fertilizer.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#103128 Oct 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So they think Birthdays are for giving gifts and not getting gifts. After all why would Santa give gifts if it was his birthday? They must get real confused on their birthday.
Why?

Do you not consider you birthday a day for giving and receiving?

Hell it’s not even originally a christian festival. Christianity hijacked it from existing winter festivals including Yule in northern Europe and Saturnalia in southern Europe using the excuse, join our club and you don’t need to give up you winter bash.

Same goes for Eostre oops easter.

Level 6

#103129 Oct 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep telling yourself that and one day it may happen. Then again shyt is fertilizer.
So is sodium nitrate and that goes bang

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103130 Oct 25, 2013
The bible tells of how man was made from dirt. Dirt=the elements of our universe.
Science has a similar theory called abiogenesis. The muddy soup of elements.
It is agreed that all life is based on elements found in our universe.

The bible tells how the sun, earth and moon were all created around the same time.
Science has a similar theory called the BBT.
It is agreed that they were formed around the same time

The bible says we all descend from the same person/people.
Science says we all come from from the same organism/organisms.
It is agreed that we all decend from few things from the start.

The three statements above are very similar. The biggest difference is that they bible said those things 4-6 thousand years ago. Science has just been saying those for the past couple hundred years.

Those of us who believe in God know that God initiated the process. Those that don't believe in God, think it all just started randomly, by itself. So what? Their lack of faith in God doesn't change the facts of the matter. You can't argue with Organic Chemistry. It is what it is.

Once God created life, God also gave the ability to adapt to changing environments. Why wouldn't our wise Creator NOT give life the ability to adapt? Without adaption life would not be able to go on. Science calls that evolution. And for those who have been misled to believe that adaptation is somehow separate from evolution,,, that is a lie! Adaptation is PART of the process of evolution.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103131 Oct 25, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So is sodium nitrate and that goes bang
Fertilizer goes bang too. And it is made again from shyt.

Level 6

#103132 Oct 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Fertilizer goes bang too. And it is made again from shyt.
Sodium nitrate is not shyt

Shyt does not go bang unless powered by something explosive – like sodium nitrate (or a good curry)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 3 min Old Sam 5,876
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 5 min Old Sam 16,879
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 7 min Old Sam 32,279
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 8 min SUG here 35,668
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min beatlesinthebog 22,237
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 9 min Old Sam 12,814
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 9 min Old Sam 83,179
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 32 min Gunthram 207,209
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 49 min 8541 MARINE 67,268
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Majority should rule 2,480