Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222738 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#103083 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't beat the theory of evolution with blogs written by an idiot. The person writing that has no clue how evolution works. How can he possibly argue against it?
It is like someone who believes that cars are pushed by fairies arguing against the idea of an internal combustion engine without understanding how an engine works at all. Do you think an auto mechanic would by the doubters fairy stories? Is there any wonder we laugh at fools like you?
You clearly did not even watch the video. You definitely did not read the paper. Your claim of god did it with magic has been busted. If you want to discuss details I would be more than happy to.
Instead what do you do? You go and get another moronic paper that claims we do not understand something as simple as eye evolution. Eye evolution has been very well understood for years upon end. For twenty years we have even known how fast it can evolve, and on a geologic scale the answer is pretty damn fast. An clade can go from having an eye spot to a fully developed eye in half a million years. That is only a blink of an eye (pun intended) in geologic time.
It gets better! Also from that site:
"Neanderthals (T?)(so called homo erectus) have been found in the same burial sites with modern humans (homo sapiens). Their appearance and history still remain in debate, but Erectus (Neanderthal) were in no way sub-human as many of their features show up in Sapien populations today."

Neanderthals were erectus? Seriously?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#103084 Oct 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
According to this website, you can. It's on the internet so it must be true. Give it a shot.
grrrrhnnnnngh...pop! cool!

Crap,is my butt really that big?

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#103085 Oct 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It gets better! Also from that site:
"Neanderthals (T?)(so called homo erectus) have been found in the same burial sites with modern humans (homo sapiens). Their appearance and history still remain in debate, but Erectus (Neanderthal) were in no way sub-human as many of their features show up in Sapien populations today."
Neanderthals were erectus? Seriously?
Ehm, no seriously That (most probably) fundy site (not bothered checking) and by implication SBT are talking out of their jasksy

I just spent a few weeks in Southern France part of it looking at a Neanderthal grave site of 55 thousand years old. I am pretty sure that the H. erectus were not even a memory by then and I am also pretty sure that H erectus never got that far to reach Europe.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#103086 Oct 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, that story about Pontius Pilate was a doozy, huh? that guy was a ruthless, bloody prefect who would not have hesitated a second to kill a nobody like jesus. of course they had to blame the jews later when they were trying to sell their cult to whom?....the Romans....
jesus was just the Occupy Wall Streeter of his day and the people that used his life as a media soundbyte after his death lied and exaggerated as any spin doctor does to achieve their political goals.
Except Pilate found nothing wrong with Jesus and and wanted to let him off, right? The establishment religion couldn't handle that! They didn't like getting schooled with Christ's words or deeds and liked less having him doing terrible things like healing people which they had no power to do, or giving folks hope in a broken down and monopolized religious system run mostly by hypocrites. It says "after he did these things they plotted to kill him" Nice guys, made Pilate look pretty sharp.

Sure glad I found Christ as a Gentile, those boys of yours just wouldn't do for me as Gods representative of love and goodness. The reality is He could have wiped them out with a thought and taken over by force, but didn't because he is not human, his ways are higher than ours - good thing. He showed His motives by paying the ultimate price by choice, all the Jews could do was mock it. Wow.

St. Croix valley

#103087 Oct 24, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Except Pilate found nothing wrong with Jesus and and wanted to let him off, right? The establishment religion couldn't handle that! They didn't like getting schooled with Christ's words or deeds and liked less having him doing terrible things like healing people which they had no power to do, or giving folks hope in a broken down and monopolized religious system run mostly by hypocrites. It says "after he did these things they plotted to kill him" Nice guys, made Pilate look pretty sharp.
Sure glad I found Christ as a Gentile, those boys of yours just wouldn't do for me as Gods representative of love and goodness. The reality is He could have wiped them out with a thought and taken over by force, but didn't because he is not human, his ways are higher than ours - good thing. He showed His motives by paying the ultimate price by choice, all the Jews could do was mock it. Wow.
no, that is just the way the spin doctors of your cult spun it to you...

a realistic look at the events of that time would be that pilate did his job as he always did previously. he hung that rabble-rouser from a cross just like every other criminal he dealt with...
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#103088 Oct 24, 2013
This thread breaks my heart. Obviously intelligent adults who were spoon-fed religion by their parents from crib to the front door have it so deeply imbedded into their subconscious that they can't expunge it and think it through for themselves. Even more sad is that they are doing the same thing to their children.

On Sundays and sometimes Wednesdays you sit like children in front of a man who is no smarter than you, and in some cases, not as smart as you and let him tell you amazing stories of miraculous feats and not once do you doubt him or wonder if any of it really happened.

The really good charlatans live a life of luxury paid for by those who swallow every morsel of wisdom that is flung at them. If the subject of glass palaces and three-story houses if brought up you will defend him by saying something like, "He is a messenger of god deserves to have nice things." Okay, but having more money than, well... god is a little much, don't you think?

I know that I can't make you think for yourselves, because most of you think you already do, but face it, it was all planted there by your parents, not by you.

If you think there is anything after death, which is a brilliant selling point of religion and can't be disproven until you're gone, you are wrong. Nobody can come back and say, "Hey, there's nothing there. I want my lifetime of tithing back!" So the preachers have a can't-lose game that lets them live the life of luxury on your backs.

Oh well, just an opinion and nothing more. Everybody has to do whatever floats their ark.

P.S.
I'm not going to proof read this, so if typos are all you have just spare me and take it to the lord in prayer.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103089 Oct 24, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you very much, we all owe alot to that motor, every sperm has one!!
And yet still they're reducible.

O hai SBT, I see you were still unable to address the dishonesty and hypocrisy of your position. Any reason why you're ignoring God's express orders? Hell, I bet you even wear mixed fibers.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103090 Oct 24, 2013
SBT wrote:
So his analogy is the eye evolved so a proton powered, reversible, hybrid AC/DC (rotor/Stator) brushless motor self-made. And not only a motor but a micro PLC to control it. The motor needs a controller SZ. Those micro stators that are positioned in perfect pole locations around the rotor need to be energized with hydrogen ions (protons) at just the correct sequence or no worky. The PLC has start/stop/speed control and reverse, like your battery powered Volt or Spark, go for a test drive and while you are there explain your logic to the sale's guy, I'm sure he will agree to make the sale. Then go to RS and get yourself a motor kit.
And if evolution claimed the same function must remain despite constant changes then we'd have a problem. But as it is you're only arguing against a straw-man instead of the actual thing as usual.
SBT wrote:
God gave us life, It says in Act 3:15 that when they killed Jesus they killed the Author of Life so God raised Him from the dead to prove His power and show us our foolish unbelief. He is Creator, even Pilate knew better.. They killed the Creator and now we mock that too!!
Ah more preaching. Good stuff. Thanks again for openly admitting you never had a scientific argument.(shrug)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103091 Oct 24, 2013
SBT wrote:
Sure glad I found Christ as a Gentile, those boys of yours just wouldn't do for me as Gods representative of love and goodness.
You mean that guy who wiped out the whole world? And will do so again and send all the non-believers to hell all because he was dumb enough to hire people like you as his messengers?
SBT wrote:
The reality is He could have wiped them out with a thought and taken over by force, but didn't because he is not human, his ways are higher than ours - good thing.
Yeah, he could have done that instead of the Flood too, but instead he consigned them all to horrible deaths, flagrantly violating physics in the process. Which of course is easily within his power, but obviously he didn't care about the fact that a few millenia later you were gonna try and pretend the flood was scientific and just end up looking monumentally stupid.(shrug}
SBT wrote:
He showed His motives by paying the ultimate price by choice, all the Jews could do was mock it. Wow.
"Ultimate price"? God was unharmed. There was no sacrifice. It was all a sham. Death means nothing to an immortal God that can't be killed. He just loves a bloody show and f cking with your heads.

“It Is What It Is”

Level 2

Since: Jul 13

Alberta, Canada

#103092 Oct 24, 2013
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#103093 Oct 24, 2013
DarkBlue wrote:
Evolution <> Science
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Ohvh47vTp34XX
Evolution<>The process
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
And the real comedy is that only 50% of your links supported you.

I mean, whose side are you on?

:-/

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#103094 Oct 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're still arguing against a caricature while avoiding those points I made the other day. Remember, natural selection is not random. And the opposite of random is not "intelligence".
The opposite of Dude sure is! Whoa! ha,ha,ha.

St. Croix valley

#103095 Oct 24, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
The opposite of Dude sure is! Whoa! ha,ha,ha.
don't give up your day job...

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#103096 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you have gone past being stupid to being a moron and a liar.
You were the one who wanted an answer to a question. You had to earn that answer, I explained very clearly why you had to do that, I will do so again. When someone is a complete a-hole there is no point in answering that idiot freely, they have to earn their answer. Like bohart you were being a complete a-hole. I even pointed out to you that you were being so politely. Now you lie and try to insult me.
Hopefully you will be out of "stupid" in the morning. We know in reality unlike bohart, Urb, and some of the other creatards you are not that big of an idiot. It is a game you play to protect yourself from the fact that you know you are wrong. It won't fly with me.
I agree, You are a complete a-hole which is why you never answer questions or get answers to questions.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#103097 Oct 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And the real comedy is that only 50% of your links supported you.
I mean, whose side are you on?
:-/
I bet I know.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103098 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, You are a complete a-hole which is why you never answer questions or get answers to questions.
You are still being stupid today. You know, I know, everybody including your worst "enemy" Dan knows that it was you who was acting like a complete a-hole.

What the hell is wrong with you? What sort of mental disease do you suffer from?

We know you have some remaining idiocy about evolution since you think magic had to occur at least somewhere during it.

I am getting very tired of dishonest people.

Why are so many Christians dishonest?

St. Croix valley

#103099 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still being stupid today. You know, I know, everybody including your worst "enemy" Dan knows that it was you who was acting like a complete a-hole.
What the hell is wrong with you? What sort of mental disease do you suffer from?
We know you have some remaining idiocy about evolution since you think magic had to occur at least somewhere during it.
basing your world view on a proven lie is not a very honest foundation to a life or personality....

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#103100 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you to answer a question.
You say "I asked you one a around month ago I don't think you answered. Answer that and I will answer yours"

It is the same game you play all the time. I have seen you do it many times and when someone does answer your question and tell you your turn you say, "nope not good enough. Now you have to earn the answer."

It is a childish stupid game you play because you are a idiot.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#103101 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to think of him as my whacky sidekick and comic relief. Maybe my evil nemesis perhaps.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#103102 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets talk about dishonest people. Christmas and Easter are celebrations for Jesus. Do you/have you ever celebrated them with your kids, your grandkids?

If any if you that say God/Jesus/Bible are fake/BS/myths you are a big hypocrite that lies to your kids. According to what you believe you are celebrating something that should not exist. You teach your kids to be hypocrites and liars and they do the same when they grow up.

You can say that you are not celebrating the days for Jesus but that would be like saying you are not celebrating America's Independence with beer, bbq and fire works on the 4th of July.

So why do you all/most of you partake in Easter and Christmas?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 6 min Humor 13,168
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 43 min Crazy Jae 871
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 44 min wichita-rick 2,557
Word Association (Mar '10) 45 min Crazy Jae 22,570
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 46 min Crazy Jae 49,896
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 48 min Crazy Jae 3,674
lets play follow the word! (Jul '08) 49 min Crazy Jae 39,819
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 223,333
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Crazy Jae 6,038
True False Game (Jun '11) 3 hr Liza 15,560