Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216947 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103030 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
that is between you and bohart. Nothing to do with me.
Wrong. Try again.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103031 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked back 23 hours. You have not asked me a physics question.
But if you want to dodge my question, at least be honest.
I asked it quite a few days ago, perhaps even a month.

So I did not dodge your question. I was not dishonest. But you have been, you even quoted the appropriate link that should have given you an answer.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103032 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked it quite a few days ago, perhaps even a month.
So I did not dodge your question. I was not dishonest. But you have been, you even quoted the appropriate link that should have given you an answer.
Oh hell. Ok lets play your game. I asked you a question a month and a half ago. You answer that one, I will answer your moth old question and then you can answer my new question. Fair enough. LOL

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103033 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem, I will answer that as soon as you answer my previous physics question that you could not get.
Please see my previous response.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for fun Sub.
If a person driving a car drives 3 hours at 80 miles per hour, 2.5 hours at 110 miles per hour and 1.75 hours at 55 miles per hour and their destination from the start was 925 miles away. They stopped for gas 3 times taking 10 minutes per stop. How close are they to their destination, what is their average speed and what type of gas are they using?
My 9 years old nephew gave me all three answers in just minutes. I guess that is asking too much of you.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103034 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hell. Ok lets play your game. I asked you a question a month and a half ago. You answer that one, I will answer your moth old question and then you can answer my new question. Fair enough. LOL
Nope, too late. You were already playing my game.

Please don't get stuck on stupid again, you don't want to be classed with bohart and the other creatards, do you?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103035 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
My 9 years old nephew gave me all three answers in just minutes. I guess that is asking too much of you.
The only reason you are not getting the answers because like boahrt you are no a complete a-hole.

That makes you the loser.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103036 Oct 24, 2013
Damn lack of an edit function. replaytime, you are NOW a complete a-hole. That makes you the loser.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103037 Oct 24, 2013
Goodnight replaytime, perhaps tomorrow you will no longer be stuck on stupid.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103038 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Goodnight replaytime, perhaps tomorrow you will no longer be stuck on stupid.
Yep as figured run chicken. One thing I have noticed about you is when someone asks you a question that you can't Google, you run.

Sleep well and be sure to crow when you get up in the morning.:-)

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#103039 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Much of our history must be false as well being it was written by other men.
Take Billy the Kid. He must be a myth. He never wrote a book and the books about him were written by other men from accounts that some say they saw or heard. So he has to be a myth too right?
1/3 of the world population do not worship Billy the Kid as though there lives depended on it

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#103040 Oct 24, 2013
If you are blind, Christine, i am not. If those lines do not exist or relevant, we should not be using, so why are we using it?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#103041 Oct 24, 2013
Christine, again, do whales and other animals possesses a complex brain?

Level 6

#103042 Oct 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
If you are blind, Christine, i am not. If those lines do not exist or relevant, we should not be using, so why are we using it?
Because my dear little numbskull, the positioning of these imaginary lines is calculated on known mathematical precepts and on time at a given point on the earth and agreed internationally so that maps and atlases and navigation aids should contain an indication to aid navigation to make it easier for humans, more particularly for ocean going trade.

That does not mean they actually exist and I have never said they are irrelevant, I have said that much of what you say is irrelevant.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#103043 Oct 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the entropy debate has been fairly recent. And fairly long. And fairly boring. It Urb's attempt to prove evolution is impossible because of the Second Law of Thermodynamics.{yawn}
Sorry about that. But this one I wont let slide. Urb's trick has always been to paste this creation science garbage and then evade the rebuttals, only to make the same stupid claim a week or a month later. He is getting his ass kicked deservedly for pissing around with the second law. He is finding out that no matter how he tries to obfuscate, make excuses, change the rules, quote mine, or lie about what we have claimed, he gets truth fired back at him. Its a perfect test case because its one of the best established pieces of science in existence. Yet even that does not stop him. Amazing.

I took a similar approach with KAB regarding haplotypes and mtDNA and I have to say he has been debating in a far more honest way than Urb. I doubt it will make much difference in the end, in either case, but at least I have learned some worthwhile stuff in the process.

And to those who are bored by it...well it has to end eventually. Haha.

Level 6

#103044 Oct 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Christine, again, do whales and other animals possesses a complex brain?
Yes – do you?

It is argued that the whale brains need to be complex in order to control the mass of the body and also that whales are much smarter than humans

http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info:doi/1...

http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post.c...

Other animals such as some of the blackbird family and pigs are said to be about 10,000 years behind humans on the evolution of intelligence.

Elephants have far better memory than humans do

The octopus has highly developed hunting and problem solving skills

Dolphins have amongst the highest brain/boy mass ration of all animals, communication, tribal behaviour and self awareness are on a par with unaided human behaviour

However I do not expect you to recognise these facts because of course you god made you above animals – right?
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#103045 Oct 24, 2013
Priest wrote:
I think I found the answer to christian logic. Is this about right?
"The bible is true, because it is the word of god and I know it is the word of god, because the bible says so. And if the bible says so, then it must be true, because I know the bible is true, because it is the word of god and god wouldn't lie. I know that because the bible says so."
My head hurts.
The bible is the only reference for the bible. Can you say "Self Serving?"

There were six known historians alive during Jesus's short ministry and not a one of them ever documented the first thing he said or the first miracle. It would be like the NY Times never mentioning Babe Ruth or Mickey Mantle.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103046 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think seeds are alive. LMFAO
Seeds are alive. The state is known as viability.
And those seeds were created by the acquisition of energy, which before they were part of that lifeform, was not alive. Same as every other thing on this planet. Your parents absorbed non-living chemical materials which eventually made you. Non-living materials which eventually became life. Life from non-life, from purely naturally occurring chemical processes.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103047 Oct 24, 2013
Kathlene wrote:
<quoted text>
'Flowers are alive which previously were NOT alive. That IS life from non-life by definition.'
No your statement is NOT true.
Wikipedia defines life as an organism that can "undergo metabolism, possess a capacity to grow, respond to stimuli, reproduce and, through natural selection, adapt to their environment in successive generations."
Btw...dude...you can wake up now
Of course it's true. If a living flower is only a year old then prior to that time it was NOT alive. Hence no matter how you cut it, we have life from non-life.

Remember that the fundies around here need to invoke hypocrisy to make sure their position is allowed special exemption from their own rules. I don't. Feel free to go back and look at the history of this argument. It hasn't changed in years. I address their claims, they don't address mine. I'm right, they are wrong, period. Until they actually deal with the content of my posts this will not change.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#103048 Oct 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionary findings have proven that snakes were snakes before the Garden of Eden, so it couldn't have been a "snake with legs".
Just sayin.
Thanks for the honest response, anyway. That's a rarity on Topix.
I know what evolution says and I don't dispute it. But you are talking about a story where it is claimed that the big guy modified it's behavior if not it's structure.

Genesis 3:14
"On your belly you shall go,
and you shall eat dust
All the days of your life."

So evolution wouldn't apply here now would it?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#103049 Oct 24, 2013
Edjukater wrote:
<quoted text>Moses is fictional. Pat Garrett and the rest of the people I mentioned are real.
The other thing is that Pat Garrett and all his cowboy pals weren't going around performing magical miracles on a daily basis like Moses and Jesus. That's why the existence of cowboys doesn't really get a hard time as much as Jewish wizards should.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association. (Nov '10) 1 min Bezeer 19,920
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 1 min Bezeer 11,169
The Letter "C" (Aug '09) 3 min Bezeer 5,639
The letter E (Jun '13) 3 min Bezeer 1,284
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 4 min Bezeer 6,615
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 5 min Bezeer 9,258
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Appreciate 207,258
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 18 min KNIGHT DeVINE 1,532
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 24 min KNIGHT DeVINE 22,245
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 48 min Poppyann 10,656