Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221395 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

AIias - Trish
Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#103010 Oct 23, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Being polite isn't limited to the absence of derogatory language.
Prop that !

:)

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#103011 Oct 23, 2013
AIias - Trish wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop that !
:)
Thank you kindly.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#103012 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude do you still think a field full of flowers all capable of creating lots of little flowers is proof of life from nonlife. Talk about ignorant. LOL
That's not ignorance, that's stupidity, HA,HA,HA.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#103013 Oct 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not attack your intellect, I pointed out the vacuousness, dishonesty and hypocrisy of your position. Since you're a flood proponent there was nothing in your alleged 'evidence' to demonstrate that such an event could occur, as we already did the flood to death a few weeks before you turned up. Of course another thing your links to "evidence" also appeal to is invisible Jewmagic, in which case the Noachian global flood COULD have happened.
But it just means you're still a massive liar by claiming to have evidence. But hey man, don't let anything so inconvenient like a COMMANDMENT FROM GOD stop you from a little thing like that.(shrug)
So you can't handle the challenge? No science, no links just brush it all away? You couldn't find a thing could you...so attack the person, name call and minimize. God speaks through a still small voice and shakes mountains, the bigger the microscopes and telescopes get the faster materialism unravels and the more elaborate the tails become. Your side can rationalize a proton powered axial flagella engine as an accident of time and chance, then claim I am stupefied because I believed in creation too long? Is this not a strong faith you have? Study this motor, it tells a story.

http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/a-questio...

As far a the Flood goes, when your get your hands on a pregnant marine reptile rapidly covered at the 5000 ft level, you need to think about it. They find them world-wide.

http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/the-quest...

Level 2

Location hidden

#103014 Oct 23, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't handle the challenge? No science, no links just brush it all away? You couldn't find a thing could you...so attack the person, name call and minimize. God speaks through a still small voice and shakes mountains, the bigger the microscopes and telescopes get the faster materialism unravels and the more elaborate the tails become. Your side can rationalize a proton powered axial flagella engine as an accident of time and chance, then claim I am stupefied because I believed in creation too long? Is this not a strong faith you have? Study this motor, it tells a story.
As far a the Flood goes, when your get your hands on a pregnant marine reptile rapidly covered at the 5000 ft level, you need to think about it. They find them world-wide.
That was great about the flagella motor. To believe that happened randomly is truly astonishing.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103015 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And still not the balls to answer.
I answered your question more than once.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103016 Oct 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he never has had them.
when we get to the end of this debate...again...and he quickly claims this is his god, ask him where he learned about the god he does worship...he will conveniently dodge that question also...
he doesn't even have the brains to lie properly and doesn't have the balls to admit it when busted.
so basically no redeeming human qualities at all...
Tick all you are is the monkey in the back ground jumping up and down hollering "yeah. what he said" LOL

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103017 Oct 23, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
That was great about the flagella motor. To believe that happened randomly is truly astonishing.
Only a creatard would think that some mysterious God did that randomly. We now know how the flagellum evolved.

I will link the simple video once again if you want to see it. Remember that the video is a simplification. The video also has a link to the much more thorough paper that it simplified. The paper has reference to over 200 peer reviewed scientific articles that support it, most of them are linked.

You are so badly outgunned on this particular problem that it looks like you creatards are trying to take on a battleship with a popgun.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103018 Oct 23, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh noes, the idiot is repeating debunked article!!
Here is a simple video that debunks the idiocy you linked about the bacterial flagellum:

Since creatards are too stupid to find the link provided in the description of the video I will link it here:

http://tinyurl.com/njdwh

Level 2

Location hidden

#103019 Oct 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a creatard would think that some mysterious God did that randomly. We now know how the flagellum evolved.
I will link the simple video once again if you want to see it. Remember that the video is a simplification. The video also has a link to the much more thorough paper that it simplified. The paper has reference to over 200 peer reviewed scientific articles that support it, most of them are linked.
You are so badly outgunned on this particular problem that it looks like you creatards are trying to take on a battleship with a popgun.
Hiding that evidence with the secret of life I suppose, of course it's a simplification, it has to be for twerps like you to bite on it.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103020 Oct 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a evotarded puddle gooiest would think anything can self assemble on it's own. Hail the life giving goo!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103021 Oct 23, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a evotarded puddle gooiest would think anything can self assemble on it's own. Hail the life giving goo!
And the poor moron did not even watch or understand even the simplified video, much less read the paper.

It does not say that the flagellum self assembled idiot.

Here is a suggestion for you, why don't you try to learn something for once in your life.

I don't mind if you don't, you will always be an excellent joke that anyone with a brain will laugh at.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103022 Oct 23, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiding that evidence with the secret of life I suppose, of course it's a simplification, it has to be for twerps like you to bite on it.
I am not hiding anything. I will not give away some knowledge for free. If you were such an idiot you could find the answers for yourself.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103023 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered your question more than once.
I have seen you make this claim before. An incomplete answer is not an answer. You do that quite often.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103024 Oct 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen you make this claim before. An incomplete answer is not an answer. You do that quite often.
Ditto.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103025 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto.
yes, but my incomplete answers usually arise because the person I am answering has been a major a-hole. Bohart for example. I also include what they have to do to earn a complete answer.

For example since bohart is a complete idiot he has to apologize for being an idiot first if he wants answers from me.

Is that an unreasonable request?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103026 Oct 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, but my incomplete answers usually arise because the person I am answering has been a major a-hole. Bohart for example. I also include what they have to do to earn a complete answer.
For example since bohart is a complete idiot he has to apologize for being an idiot first if he wants answers from me.
Just for fun Sub.

If a person driving a car drives 3 hours at 80 miles per hour, 2.5 hours at 110 miles per hour and 1.75 hours at 55 miles per hour and their destination from the start was 925 miles away. They stopped for gas 3 times taking 10 minutes per stop. How close are they to their destination, what is their average speed and what type of gas are they using?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103027 Oct 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for fun Sub.
If a person driving a car drives 3 hours at 80 miles per hour, 2.5 hours at 110 miles per hour and 1.75 hours at 55 miles per hour and their destination from the start was 925 miles away. They stopped for gas 3 times taking 10 minutes per stop. How close are they to their destination, what is their average speed and what type of gas are they using?
No problem, I will answer that as soon as you answer my previous physics question that you could not get.

Please see my previous response.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103028 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem, I will answer that as soon as you answer my previous physics question that you could not get.
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
that is between you and bohart. Nothing to do with me.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#103029 Oct 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked back 23 hours. You have not asked me a physics question.
But if you want to dodge my question, at least be honest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman spends $35,000 to care for a sick dog upd... 2 min Pat Robertson s F... 14
News Weird actions from SanDisk Flash Drive8 11 min Pat Robertson s F... 4
News Highway 101 reopens after fatal shooting 17 min Pat Robertson s F... 2
News PC making really weird noises1 23 min Pat Robertson s F... 9
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? 48 min Torrid 44
lets play follow the word! (Jul '08) 50 min Torrid 39,728
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 58 min wichita-rick 215,621
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Epic Phail 74,479
More from around the web