Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222783 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103003 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Unless you believe that DNA didn't exist before we had evidence of it.....
Wrong. That is not always the case.

If someone claimed that someone was killed by sitting on top of 5,000 pounds of dynamite yet that body did not have a mark on it that would be evidence the person was not killed by 5,000 pounds of dynamite.

If either the Garden of Eden or Noah's Ark myth was true we would find a population bottleneck in all of life dating back to that event.

We don't.

If the Noah's Ark myth was true we would find all sorts of deposits from a massive flood. There are no such deposits from the same time around the world.

Instead we find many different deposits from much smaller floods, if we find flood deposits at all of all different ages. Many of them older than the date of your mythical flood.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103004 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I only saw one peer, Chris Stassen. Other than him, who reviewed this blog?
Oh no, the poor idiot does not know what peer review is.

What a Maroon!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103005 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well shit. You got us there.
I mean, a cartoon on YouTube backed up with rock n roll...
Hardcore evidence, my man.
Hey moron, I told you this was a simplification of a much more detailed paper. The link is given to you. That paper was based upon over 200 peer reviewed papers.

So yes, I do have you. You posted nonreviewed idiocy. I posted a video that was based upon real science.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103006 Oct 23, 2013
Here is a link to the paper that you would have found it you looked for it in the video that explains how the flagellum evolved:

http://tinyurl.com/njdwh

There is a reason that Behe looks over his shoulder before he spouts his nonsense about irreducibly complexity. He only does so when lecturing for creatard groups. He will not make that sort of claim when real scientists are around. He has gotten his ass handed to him too many times over that nonsense of his.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#103007 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, that's SO cute.
*hands woodtick a tissue*
i noticed where you skipped over attempting to answer your obvious error....again..

you seem to be making a habit of that lately when answering my posts...

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#103008 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, congratulations.
You're one of the few, very few, honest atheists I've encountered.
You haven't encountered very many atheists then.

Level 9

#103009 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA!!
I can't be any more polite to these people.
Every post they call me moron or idiot or whatever.
I do not reply in kind.
The funniest thing is when the call me Christian.
I'm like.....shocked.
O__O
Being polite isn't limited to the absence of derogatory language.

AIias - Trish
Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#103010 Oct 23, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Being polite isn't limited to the absence of derogatory language.
Prop that !

:)

Level 9

#103011 Oct 23, 2013
AIias - Trish wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop that !
:)
Thank you kindly.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#103012 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude do you still think a field full of flowers all capable of creating lots of little flowers is proof of life from nonlife. Talk about ignorant. LOL
That's not ignorance, that's stupidity, HA,HA,HA.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#103013 Oct 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not attack your intellect, I pointed out the vacuousness, dishonesty and hypocrisy of your position. Since you're a flood proponent there was nothing in your alleged 'evidence' to demonstrate that such an event could occur, as we already did the flood to death a few weeks before you turned up. Of course another thing your links to "evidence" also appeal to is invisible Jewmagic, in which case the Noachian global flood COULD have happened.
But it just means you're still a massive liar by claiming to have evidence. But hey man, don't let anything so inconvenient like a COMMANDMENT FROM GOD stop you from a little thing like that.(shrug)
So you can't handle the challenge? No science, no links just brush it all away? You couldn't find a thing could you...so attack the person, name call and minimize. God speaks through a still small voice and shakes mountains, the bigger the microscopes and telescopes get the faster materialism unravels and the more elaborate the tails become. Your side can rationalize a proton powered axial flagella engine as an accident of time and chance, then claim I am stupefied because I believed in creation too long? Is this not a strong faith you have? Study this motor, it tells a story.

http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/a-questio...

As far a the Flood goes, when your get your hands on a pregnant marine reptile rapidly covered at the 5000 ft level, you need to think about it. They find them world-wide.

http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/the-quest...

Level 2

Location hidden

#103014 Oct 23, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't handle the challenge? No science, no links just brush it all away? You couldn't find a thing could you...so attack the person, name call and minimize. God speaks through a still small voice and shakes mountains, the bigger the microscopes and telescopes get the faster materialism unravels and the more elaborate the tails become. Your side can rationalize a proton powered axial flagella engine as an accident of time and chance, then claim I am stupefied because I believed in creation too long? Is this not a strong faith you have? Study this motor, it tells a story.
As far a the Flood goes, when your get your hands on a pregnant marine reptile rapidly covered at the 5000 ft level, you need to think about it. They find them world-wide.
That was great about the flagella motor. To believe that happened randomly is truly astonishing.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#103015 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And still not the balls to answer.
I answered your question more than once.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#103016 Oct 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he never has had them.
when we get to the end of this debate...again...and he quickly claims this is his god, ask him where he learned about the god he does worship...he will conveniently dodge that question also...
he doesn't even have the brains to lie properly and doesn't have the balls to admit it when busted.
so basically no redeeming human qualities at all...
Tick all you are is the monkey in the back ground jumping up and down hollering "yeah. what he said" LOL

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103017 Oct 23, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
That was great about the flagella motor. To believe that happened randomly is truly astonishing.
Only a creatard would think that some mysterious God did that randomly. We now know how the flagellum evolved.

I will link the simple video once again if you want to see it. Remember that the video is a simplification. The video also has a link to the much more thorough paper that it simplified. The paper has reference to over 200 peer reviewed scientific articles that support it, most of them are linked.

You are so badly outgunned on this particular problem that it looks like you creatards are trying to take on a battleship with a popgun.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103018 Oct 23, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh noes, the idiot is repeating debunked article!!
Here is a simple video that debunks the idiocy you linked about the bacterial flagellum:

Since creatards are too stupid to find the link provided in the description of the video I will link it here:

http://tinyurl.com/njdwh

Level 2

Location hidden

#103019 Oct 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a creatard would think that some mysterious God did that randomly. We now know how the flagellum evolved.
I will link the simple video once again if you want to see it. Remember that the video is a simplification. The video also has a link to the much more thorough paper that it simplified. The paper has reference to over 200 peer reviewed scientific articles that support it, most of them are linked.
You are so badly outgunned on this particular problem that it looks like you creatards are trying to take on a battleship with a popgun.
Hiding that evidence with the secret of life I suppose, of course it's a simplification, it has to be for twerps like you to bite on it.

Level 2

Location hidden

#103020 Oct 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a evotarded puddle gooiest would think anything can self assemble on it's own. Hail the life giving goo!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103021 Oct 23, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a evotarded puddle gooiest would think anything can self assemble on it's own. Hail the life giving goo!
And the poor moron did not even watch or understand even the simplified video, much less read the paper.

It does not say that the flagellum self assembled idiot.

Here is a suggestion for you, why don't you try to learn something for once in your life.

I don't mind if you don't, you will always be an excellent joke that anyone with a brain will laugh at.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#103022 Oct 23, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiding that evidence with the secret of life I suppose, of course it's a simplification, it has to be for twerps like you to bite on it.
I am not hiding anything. I will not give away some knowledge for free. If you were such an idiot you could find the answers for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Men rescued from mountain after smoking cannabis 1 min Magic Utah Uwear 1
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 3 min Princess Hey 2,935
News Trump's strange history with pro football 22 min VikingsPhartzz 2
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 26 min Princess Hey 17,666
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 33 min dessa 27,676
News World's second biggest diamond sells for $53 mi... 33 min Magic Utah Uwear 1
News The Latest: Before church shooting, bizarre Fac... 38 min Magic Utah Uwear 27
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 47 min david04 6,111
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Sublime1 223,437
Woman appreciate a man that.........? (Mar '15) 12 hr andet1987 249
More from around the web