Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,869)

Showing posts 97,361 - 97,380 of112,019
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the point being that the story the bible gave supposedly came from an infallible god or was divinely inspired by that same god.
since the global flood didn't happen, this dipsroves the infallibility of that god or the concept of divine inspiration in the writing of the bible...
Where in the bible does "God" say the world flooded?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 2;
2 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.
2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.
5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth[a] and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, 6 but streams[b] came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground.
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Genesis-C...

grass, herbs, trees...all in verse 12. again, your cult's attempt to create a god failed miserably.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. However, that takes the all-knowing, bible dictating god out of the picture.
So you say because they didn't know as much as God, then God must be false. Interesting.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant in the sense of uneducated or lacking knowledge is an appropriate word to use. It doesn't mean they were idiots.
They could not lack in knowledge if said knowledge did not exist.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the entropy debate has been fairly recent. And fairly long. And fairly boring. It Urb's attempt to prove evolution is impossible because of the Second Law of Thermodynamics.{yawn}
Ahhh...the ol' " it can't become more complex" argument totally ignoring the massive amount of energy input into our sytem here on earth? yeah, that is a tired old one.

the fundie sites should take that one off their list...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So no divine inspiration? so then the bible is just the word of man, thus the god therein is just the creation of man.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
doesn't the bible clearly say god told noah that he would flood the world, and then gave the rainbow as his word he wouldn't do it again?

that sounds a lot like god saying he flooded the world.

perhaps you should read your cult book some more...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Gebnesis 6:17
And behold, I Myself am bringing floodwaters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Genesis 7:19
And the waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth, and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered.

Genesis 7:20
The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered.

You have another interpretation?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Genesis-C...
grass, herbs, trees...all in verse 12. again, your cult's attempt to create a god failed miserably.
Yep I guess a book that is written never changes from chapter to chapter as the understanding gets clearer. OH wait, they do change as the writer/writers understands things more. Non-fiction books, science books, law books, medical books, just about every book that has been written changes in the chapters as the topic being written about is more understood.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say because they didn't know as much as God, then God must be false. Interesting.
You need a reading comprehension course. I didn't say anything remotely like that.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Gebnesis 6:17
And behold, I Myself am bringing floodwaters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die.
Genesis 7:19
And the waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth, and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered.
Genesis 7:20
The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered.
You have another interpretation?
Yep. Man wrote that, not God. You all keep referring to God as the writer of the bible when in was man.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>doesn't the bible clearly say god told noah that he would flood the world, and then gave the rainbow as his word he wouldn't do it again?
that sounds a lot like god saying he flooded the world.
perhaps you should read your cult book some more...
Written by man.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
They could not lack in knowledge if said knowledge did not exist.
Is this what passes for brilliance in your neck of the woods?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep I guess a book that is written never changes from chapter to chapter as the understanding gets clearer. OH wait, they do change as the writer/writers understands things more. Non-fiction books, science books, law books, medical books, just about every book that has been written changes in the chapters as the topic being written about is more understood.
how would that explain it clearly stating there was grass, herbs and trees on the Earth before there was rain or before there was a sun?

and again, you are just disproving divine inspiration, and thus your god.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Written by man.
then the god created in the bible is also created by man, and thus proved to not be a god...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Much of our history must be false as well being it was written by other men.

Take Billy the Kid. He must be a myth. He never wrote a book and the books about him were written by other men from accounts that some say they saw or heard. So he has to be a myth too right?

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Man wrote that, not God. You all keep referring to God as the writer of the bible when in was man.
No argument. Then you must accept that the bible is NOT the inerrant word of god.

And it's not us who keeps referring to god as the writer of the bible. That would be your fundie friends.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this what passes for brilliance in your neck of the woods?
So then all present man, all science, all technology, all scientists, ect are ignorant because there are things we don't yet know and things not yet invented or understood.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
Much of our history must be false as well being it was written by other men.
Take Billy the Kid. He must be a myth. He never wrote a book and the books about him were written by other men from accounts that some say they saw or heard. So he has to be a myth too right?
Resisting the impulse to click Clueless, Nuts and Spam.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So then all present man, all science, all technology, all scientists, ect are ignorant because there are things we don't yet know and things not yet invented or understood.
We are ignorant of many things, yes. But less so than the ancient Hebrews.

Do you also argue with your refrigerator?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 97,361 - 97,380 of112,019
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••